New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Cos question

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Cos question

In cos (curse of Strahd) if a hex blade uses ACCURSED SPECTER how would you handle it? Just let it work like normal (no fun) or perhaps an unwilling and unhappy specter, maybe start gaining the attention of the realm powers. Any ideas I love to hear.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Cos question

Quote Originally Posted by tomjon View Post
    In cos (curse of Strahd) if a hex blade uses ACCURSED SPECTER how would you handle it? Just let it work like normal (no fun) or perhaps an unwilling and unhappy specter, maybe start gaining the attention of the realm powers. Any ideas I love to hear.
    I would play it by ear depending on the player. You're talking about messing with a players classes feature. If the player would enjoy the specter acting unwilling etc then you could do things like make it grumble about orders (though still required by the feature to obey). Maybe have anyone who sees the specter react negatively. I wouldn't do any of this if the player just wants the feature to do what it normally does.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tomjon View Post
    perhaps an unwilling and unhappy specter
    There's any other kind?
    It's Eberron, not ebberon.
    It's not high magic, it's wide magic.
    And it's definitely not steampunk. The only time steam gets involved is when the fire and water elementals break loose.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Just change the flavor around it. Maybe the specter looks just like the player, or sometimes begs to be removed from this existence, or something.