New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default PF2: Low level Cleric

So I am about to play Pathfinder 2 and have had a read through the classes and perhaps surprisingly i quite like the Cleric. They seem somewhat MAD and low on skills and proficiencies so am having issues settling on building him/her from a low level.

I'd like to be really strong on healing but trying to ensure its not all I do.

Considering it's a low level build does anyone have any tips?
    Is warpriest better at low levels because you don't lose much interms of spellcasting? Or is it best to go with cloistered?
    Do I pump Cha above Wis for the healing font or both mid range them?

Only using the main book but any tips appreciated.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PF2: Low level Cleric

What do you want to do? If you want to cast offensively, you need to max wisdom. If you want to heal/buff, it is less critical. If you want to buff, heal, and swing a weapon as a backup, warpriest works.

Or go cloistered and multi champion for armor.
    Last edited by stack; 2020-05-23 at 07:30 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm thinking of going cloustered so I can not worry about an attack stat separate from for wisdom.
    If i go 16 Cha and Wis. I can go dex and con for AC and HP with the left over.
    This would mean I am prone to dying but better at healing.

But if I go Warpriest - I can ignore the melee side of things unless necessary and just take advantage of the armour. I don't lose too much with not going cloistered do i?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Warpriest doesn't lose ground on DCs until 7th, so if you aren't going higher all you are losing is domain initiate, which you could take anyway. If you go with warpriest or multiclass champion for heavy armor, be sure to budget strength to reduce armor penalties.