New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. VIIa: The Robot Heart Beats On

Eh, not a Ghost Rider fan myself, so I didn't much go for that. I'd managed to completely forget that arc.

As for last night's episode, more spy vs. spy and hilarity, especially with poor Enoch. I've never felt sorry for him before, but he's definitely taking the slow road home.

Spoiler: Sousa
    Show
    I was expecting them to pull a switcheroo, but not for them to take him along into the future.

Still, I don't mind having him around; he's an interesting point of reference, and might even help supply some vital historical details when the rest of the team are drawing a blank. But if he makes it to 2020 I'm not sure how he'll fit in.

Spoiler: Gadget
    Show
    Does anyone know what the silver trapezoidal thingy was?

It doesn't ring any bells, but I can't imagine they'd pass up the chance to sprinkle in yet another comics reference. I think Simmons mentioned it was a key item for the development of future S.H.I.E.L.D. tech, and I have the feeling it's a reference of some kind.

Spoiler: Missing Man
    Show
    And at this point, I'm really ready for Fitz to reappear. Unless Ian was off filming something else when they shot these episodes, it hardly seems fair to him.

Spoiler: Next Stop
    Show
    This better be late 70s, and they better give me Star Wars references. That is all.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Spoiler: Sousa
    Show
    I was expecting them to pull a switcheroo, but not for them to take him along into the future.

Still, I don't mind having him around; he's an interesting point of reference, and might even help supply some vital historical details when the rest of the team are drawing a blank. But if he makes it to 2020 I'm not sure how he'll fit in.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the episode was playing, I actually thought to myself--what if they wind up saving Sousa, but fake his death, and take him with them? And weirdly enough, that's how it played out.

As for how he'll fit in when they return to the present, I mean, Deke is from the future (a future that doesn't exist anymore at that), and he's managed alright. Maybe the two will even bond over that; both being fish out of water.

Spoiler: Next Stop
    Show
    This better be late 70s, and they better give me Star Wars references. That is all.

Spoiler
    Show
    The song playing was from 1973, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are in '73. So who knows?

I am seeing a pattern here, though. Each timeskip is roughly 20 years or so. The thirties, the fifties, and now the seventies. Which makes me wonder if we're going to get a nineties storyline, too.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Skips & Jumps
    Show
    We did get a quick jump inside the 50s, though. I don't recall the exact dates, but the previous jump couldn't have been more than a couple of years, since they were in the early 50s at the S.H.I.E.L.D. installation.

I was expecting a jump to the 80s, since 80s nostalgia seems to be everywhere, but the 90s are just as likely. Presumably we'll get something in the early 2000s or 2010-ish which will allow for Endgame-style shenanigans with their slightly younger selves.

Spoiler: Radio Nowhere
    Show
    I do like how they're using popular music to identify each new era.

But I had no idea what that song was, and apparently everyone on the Zephyr did. That's just depressing.

Spoiler: Deke & Sousa
    Show
    Now that would be an odd couple for sure.

But now that you mention it, there is a certain symmetry to it. The guy from 90 years in the future, and the guy from 80 years in the past, give or take.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-06-18 at 06:01 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

This last season of AOS has been a lot of fun. I am going to miss this cast.

Spoiler
    Show
    I was happily surprised when Souza showed up, and again when he was taken along for the ride. I figured the team would somehow save him; I wasn't thinking Souza would join the team.

Simmons as Agent Carter, I don't remember if I saw that coming. Simmons and Coulson do make a great undercover pair. I did like Simmons' dawning realization of who Souza was.

May has been even more intimidating as an emotionless kill bot. Now she is something of an empath? Poor May.

The racial inequality theme running through the episodes, it has been a weird feeling watching the show. Even eerie at times.

Tomorrow's episode looks like another fun ride.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

New episode, and for my money the best one for the past several seasons. They packed a lot into it, and it was absolutely hilarious, starting with that groovy title sequence.

Spoiler: Date Night
    Show
    Why didn’t I ever think of taking a date to an abandoned secret base that’s been taken over by a spy agency infiltrated by an evil cult? It’s got a mood all its own.

Spoiler: Half-Remembered Friends
    Show
    Were we supposed to have heard about Nathaniel before?

Did we get an explanation for why Enoch wasn’t at the bar this time?

And was the general with the mustache the same one who appeared in the hologram when Coulson accidentally put the Lighthouse on lockdown a couple seasons ago?

Spoiler: Pain in the Neck
    Show
    Do we know what the three red dots are in Simmons’ neck? And why she can’t think clearly?

I feel like I’m supposed to recognize what that is, but I’m not sure if it’s from the Chronicons, the Shrike, the SPCA or someone else.

Spoiler: Pan-Galactic Not-Cool Award
    Show
    The one thing I’m not happy with is Deke murdering Malik. Since when does S.H.I.E.L.D. simply kill people to shut them up? And especially Deke, who made a big deal about not wanting to kill Malik before?

Especially since he was given a direct order from Mac to bring Malik back to the Zephyr. Given this, I'm not sure why Deke didn't have an icer, although that would have been less dramatic.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Were we supposed to have heard about Nathaniel before?

And was the general with the mustache the same one who appeared in the hologram when Coulson accidentally put the Lighthouse on lockdown a couple seasons ago?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, Nathaniel first came up back in season 3. It was during a flashback of Gideon's past; after Wilfred died, Gideon and Nathaniel discover that he had cheated ever becoming a sacrifice for Hive. Long story short, Nathaniel was betrayed by Gideon and got sacrificed himself. In this new timeline, apparently that didn't happen.

No idea why Enoch wasn't at the bar or why he had been missing a year. That might come up later.

And yeah, Stoner was the hologram from the Lighthouse.

Spoiler: Pain in the Neck
    Show
    Do we know what the three red dots are in Simmons’ neck? And why she can’t think clearly?

I feel like I’m supposed to recognize what that is, but I’m not sure if it’s from the Chronicons, the Shrike, the SPCA or someone else.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As far as I know, no, we aren't supposed to know what that means. But I'm assuming it has something to do with what happened with her and Fitz and Enoch that led to them developing a time machine.

Spoiler: Pan-Galactic Not-Cool Award
    Show
    The one thing I’m not happy with is Deke murdering Malik. Since when does S.H.I.E.L.D. simply kill people to shut them up? And especially Deke, who made a big deal about not wanting to kill Malik before?

Especially since he was given a direct order from Mac to bring Malik back to the Zephyr. Given this, I'm not sure why Deke didn't have an icer, although that would have been less dramatic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deke saw firsthand what his act of mercy led to in the future, and this, along with his conversation earlier with YoYo about the 'status quo' made him change his mind on the matter. (Although yes, it is weird that they didn't bring icers if they had intended to bring him in alive. I mean, it's not like Wildfred would have known what they were, so he was unlikely to call their bluff.)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    No idea why Enoch wasn't at the bar or why he had been missing a year. That might come up later.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume it's because of the increased HYDRA presence there? He probably saw what was happening and decided to lay low, while still keeping tabs on the place for whenever the team inevitably tried to make contact again.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

The last episode had my favorite opening credits yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    This was a great episode. Starting with those opening credits.

Random thoughts. I hope Souza stays awhile. I like the point of view that he brings to the team. Souza has quickly become a strong character.

I liked the scene with Coulson and May coming out of the room, stolen uniforms on and the feet of the knocked out people. Of course the jumpsuits were the right size.

What is going on with Simmons? I'm beginning to think something really bad happened to Simmons and Fitz. Has Deke's mom already been born?

How will the team get out of this fine mess? LMD Coulson should have knowledge of some really secret stuff that he could use to prove they are the good guys? Oh, there might be Koenigs at the Lighthouse.

Who else was visible on the target list? I saw Victoria Hand and Bruce Banner.

Oh damn, I was thinking of the last scene. Is young Mallick wanting to operate on Daisy? :(
    Last edited by Dilvish; 2020-06-29 at 09:05 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: S7E6 - Adapt or Die
    Show
    Well...that was heartbreaking.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Spoiler: S7E6 - Adapt or Die
    Show
    Well...that was heartbreaking.
    Just... wow...

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    Just... wow...
    I agree.

Spoiler
    Show
    I was disappointed and worried at first when we didn't get a throwback opening credits. By the end of the episode, I realized the episode was much too heavy for that. I think we'll get back to the throwback opening credits next week.

Souza is staying on for a while longer. That is good.

Patrick Warburton - I can't help but think of The Tick. :)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

This was certainly the grimmest episode of the season so far, and as Dilvish mentioned the retro credits wouldn’t feel right here.

Spoiler: Fitz & Diana
    Show
    I’m glad we have a little more information about Fitz, and that we know what Diana is and that it’s more or less on Jemma’s side. (“She’s adorable” is so very Jemma, btw.)

But even though we have a rationale for Fitz’s absence, I’m still missing him. At this point they’ve milked all the tension and drama they possibly can from keeping Fitz and Jemma separated, and I’m just ready for that plotline to be done.

Spoiler: May & Coulson
    Show
    It seems a little odd that May suddenly has, in effect, her own superpower, when she’s been devastatingly competent without a superpower for the entirety of the show until now. I’m not sure where they’re going with this, other than as a way for May to have even more issues with LMD Coulson.

As for LMD Coulson, I’m not sure why he needed to go up with the Chronicoms’ ship, other than Moar Drama. I assume there’s LMD Coulson V1.05 in storage somewhere, but that just gives me images of an army of LMD Coulsons, a la Mr. Smith. Not good.

Spoiler: What We Do With Aliens
    Show
    Coulson’s little chat with Sibyl was fine and all, but I feel like a real opportunity was lost to do some credible damage to the Chronicoms. If Coulson was able to access their system so easily, then he should be able to upload some clever little bit of malware to wreak havoc on them.

This is pretty much SOP when dealing with hostile aliens, especially networked hostile aliens, and even if the Chronicoms are vastly superior, I’d still think it’s worth a try.

Spoiler: Now What?
    Show
    It looks like Deke and Mac will be taking the long road home, which is…interesting, I guess. At this point I’m assuming they’re off on some funky side branch of the timeline, since Mac’s personal history is officially off the rails. (Unless his Chronicom parents fell to earth, dusted themselves off, and took their kids to the cookout as planned.)

But if the Chronicoms’ ship is now blended with Coulson bits, I’m not sure where or when the Zephyr is jumping to next. My understanding is that the Zephyr was being dragged along in the temporal wake of the Chronicoms’ ship, jumping whenever they did—but without any more temporal wake, what’s pulling the Zephyr ahead in time?
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-07-05 at 11:06 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Spoiler: Fitz & Diana
    Show
    But even though we have a rationale for Fitz’s absence, I’m still missing him. At this point they’ve milked all the tension and drama they possibly can from keeping Fitz and Jemma separated, and I’m just ready for that plotline to be done.
    Spoiler
    Show
    At this point, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we see Fitz at all before the end of the series.

Spoiler: What We Do With Aliens
    Show
    Coulson’s little chat with Sibyl was fine and all, but I feel like a real opportunity was lost to do some credible damage to the Chronicoms. If Coulson was able to access their system so easily, then he should be able to upload some clever little bit of malware to wreak havoc on them.

This is pretty much SOP when dealing with hostile aliens, especially networked hostile aliens, and even if the Chronicoms are vastly superior, I’d still think it’s worth a try.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It almost seems like he was trying to do that, but with psychology instead of a computer virus. Then again, he may have left some of his personality on their system in some way that will be involved in bringing him back again?

Spoiler: Now What?
    Show
    It looks like Deke and Mac will be taking the long road home, which is…interesting, I guess. At this point I’m assuming they’re off on some funky side branch of the timeline, since Mac’s personal history is officially off the rails. (Unless his Chronicom parents fell to earth, dusted themselves off, and took their kids to the cookout as planned.)

But if the Chronicoms’ ship is now blended with Coulson bits, I’m not sure where or when the Zephyr is jumping to next. My understanding is that the Zephyr was being dragged along in the temporal wake of the Chronicoms’ ship, jumping whenever they did—but without any more temporal wake, what’s pulling the Zephyr ahead in time?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fortunately for Deke and Mac, the last couple of time jumps have been pretty short, so I'm guessing they'll lose at most a couple years before meeting back up with the team. I'm guessing the damage to the Chronicoms' ship caused them to change plans, leading to an immediate second jump.

Speaking of the damage, it's safe to say that Coulson didn't destroy their entire ship. He definitely did a lot of damage to that room in particular, likely eliminating most or all of the spare Chronicom Hunters, but we have no idea how big the ship really is. In fact, if the whole ship was destroyed, it probably would have done a lot of collateral damage to the lighthouse, which would be bad. It's certainly the biggest wrench that the team has thrown into the Chronicoms' gears thus far, but they can't be out of the picture unless the rest of the season just becomes Quantum Leap.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

This was a strange episode—heavy and hilarious in equal measure, and packed with more 80s references than a Rick Astley retrospective.

Spoiler: Mac & Timelines
    Show
    It was hard to see Mac in a massive funk like that. He’s always been the rock of the team, and it was downright painful to see him wallowing for so long.

It was also confusing, because we seem to be following a side branch of the timestream, since young Mac is growing up without the parents that adult Mac still remembers. Is the Zephyr now locked into this alternate timestream, or are they somehow going to snap back to the main timeline?

Spoiler: Totally Rad
    Show
    They went all-in with the 80s references here, with everything from the Daleks and Short Circuit to way too many headbands.

I’m sure I missed plenty more, but the best of all deserves a spoiler of its own:

Spoiler: Best Moment
    Show
    Coulson as Max Headroom. Pure genius.

Spoiler: Spatter
    Show
    This was the one aspect I didn’t enjoy. They tried to shoehorn in some 80s slasher vibe, and I really disliked that. I never liked those movies and I don’t like those deaths being played for laughs here.

It was probably the goriest episode of the series, even more so than Yo-Yo’s arms, and that just didn’t add anything worthwhile.

Spoiler: Blue Thingy
    Show
    I missed the dialogue about the blue glowy thingy, aka the Chronicoms’ secret weapon, which was delivered to Nathaniel (?) at the end. What exactly is that?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Show
    I missed the dialogue about the blue glowy thingy, aka the Chronicoms’ secret weapon, which was delivered to Nathaniel (?) at the end. What exactly is that?
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You now have the one tool necessary to control this world's future." "You're full of tricks, computer lady." "I'm sure we'll make a powerful pair."
    Now with half the calories!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Show

It is the thing that allows the chromicoms to predict the future - they explained that it was why they invaded the base.

Seperately I quite like Nathaniel so far so good his survived - nice to an antagonist with some personality (which is what I think this series has often missed).

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So, any further thoughts on timelines, especially which one they're in?

I am still a little baffled, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be baffled or if I'm just missing something major.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    So, any further thoughts on timelines, especially which one they're in?

I am still a little baffled, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be baffled or if I'm just missing something major.
    Spoiler
    Show
    they’re in the same time line, just now Alfonso Mackenzie’s parents died when he was 10. Our Mac is now just an anomaly. It’s basically the exact same as Deke
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Show

It is the thing that allows the chromicoms to predict the future - they explained that it was why they invaded the base.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Specifically, it's the 'time stream' Sibyl is always referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    they’re in the same time line, just now Alfonso Mackenzie’s parents died when he was 10. Our Mac is now just an anomaly. It’s basically the exact same as Deke
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder if that means if they return to the present, there will be a second Mac already there?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Androgeus
    Spoiler
    Show
    they’re in the same time line, just now Alfonso Mackenzie’s parents died when he was 10. Our Mac is now just an anomaly. It’s basically the exact same as Deke….
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not really, because Mac’s parents aren’t the only thing that’s changed in this timeline. The elder Malik died before he was supposed to, thanks to Deke, and his son Nathaniel is living much longer than he was supposed to. Nathaniel in particular has already had impacts on the timeline, and now that he’s working with Sibyl it seems likely he’s about to try something catastrophic.

Originally Posted by JadedDM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder if that means if they return to the present, there will be a second Mac already there?
    Spoiler
    Show
    If this is our main timeline, and the current kid Mac is destined to become our Mac, then no, because kid Mac will grow up, join S.H.I.E.L.D., go through all kinds of crazy, and then bounce back in time, and Mac will reappear with the others a little while after they left—presuming everyone makes it back to their native time.

If this isn’t our timeline, but is in fact a side-branch, then at some point the Zephyr needs to get back to the main timeline. If they can’t, then they’ll all be stuck in the side-branch alongside non-timeshifted versions of themselves. It won't just be Mac, but everyone seeing double—perhaps including a still-living, non-LMD Coulson.

Either way, at some point I’m assuming we’ll have Endgame-style time shenanigans, with everyone sneaking around behind their own backs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, I just had a vision of Coulson and Sibyl racing lightcycles and fighting with discs for mastery of whatever cyberspace the Chronicoms use.

Last edited by Palanan; 2020-07-10 at 07:39 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Spoiler: Totally Rad
    Show
    They went all-in with the 80s references here, with everything from the Daleks and Short Circuit to way too many headbands.

I’m sure I missed plenty more, but the best of all deserves a spoiler of its own:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There was also some strong Knight Rider energy with the robots' red eye slits.

Spoiler
    Show
    The elder Malik died before he was supposed to, thanks to Deke
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought part of Deke's justification for killing him was that, due to allying with the Chronicons, he had already lived a couple years longer than he was "supposed to" by that point. I'm sure they mentioned near the start of that episode that he wouldn't have to worry about seeing him again, then everyone was surprised when he showed up?

Anyway, great episode. I always love a good 80s throwback!
    Last edited by KillianHawkeye; 2020-07-10 at 08:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, the episode title itself ("The Totally Excellent Adventures of Mack and The D") is a reference to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I didn’t catch that connection—for me they were a reminder of the Cylons. Wrong decade, but “robot with roving red eye slit” just says Cylon to me.

Originally Posted by JadedDM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, the episode title itself ("The Totally Excellent Adventures of Mack and The D") is a reference to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That I did spot, although the tone of the title seems a little off, given how heavy much of the episode was.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-07-10 at 10:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

The robots were a mix of Johnny 5 and Chopping Mall.
    Now with half the calories!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: S7E9 - As I Have Always Been
    Show
    Damn, Enoch. Just...damn.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Eh. The last two episodes haven’t really done it for me.

Spoiler: Last Week
    Show
    This was basically an extended romp through Afterlife, with no clear purpose other than to give us a long-overdue character moment with Yo-Yo.

They did tease that we might be meeting Daisy’s sister, but a) this doesn’t feel necessary or interesting, and b) that was a lot of filler to get to that point.

Spoiler: This Week
    Show
    I have a bias here, in that I’m thoroughly sick of time loops, so this entire episode was a slog to get through. The long sequences of robot emotion just bogged it down, and I was never remotely attached to Enoch, so his final scene felt extremely drawn-out.

Also, keeping Yo-Yo locked inside the quinjet for almost the entire episode is quite a jolt after last time. This was a Skye episode, yes, but Yo-Yo was downplayed to near-uselessness.

And it looks like definitely Daisy's sister, so...there's that. Really, I would've preferred to see more of Nathaniel, since he's the best villain they've had in several seasons.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: S7E10 - Stolen
    Show
    Wow, this timeline is screwed. I about spit out my drink at young John Garret's reveal. The actor does a pretty good impression.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

I loved the opening titles, since they took me straight back to Tempest.

After that, very mixed.

Spoiler: The Good
    Show
    Nathaniel is the best villain we’ve had in several seasons, and unlike certain other villains, he can actually pull off the requisite aura of menace. He almost seems like a lightweight, until the medical equipment comes out, and then it's all creepy and spattery.

Also, young Garrett was hilarious, and the fact that he’s played by Bill Paxton’s son is just perfect. That’s why he does a pretty good impression.

I also like Yo-Yo’s upgrade, and wish it had come a season or so earlier. Yo-Yo has been sadly underutilized, and while it’s difficult to juggle so many characters and give them meaningful arcs, I feel like a little more would have gone a long way with her.

And Sousa's honest approach to Daisy is great. At first he seemed like baggage, but he's becoming the new heart of the team.

So that was the good, but unfortunately the tone went drastically wrong later in the episode.

Spoiler: The Not-Good
    Show
    There was a badly misplaced joke (for want of a better word) when Daisy witnesses her mother being killed, then rises up in slo-mo to deliver heroic retribution before it all skritched to a halt as May ran up.

That wasn’t funny. It tried to play one of the worst moments in Daisy’s life for a very cheap laugh. It was in severely poor taste and was tremendously disrespectful to the character, and it was completely unnecessary.

It’s worse because of the hard contrast with Mac’s own loss and grief, which was treated as seriously as it should have been. Why they used a parent’s death as a trite gag is beyond me, but I lost respect for the showrunners’ judgement on that one.

Spoiler: And the Rest
    Show
    Apart from that, now they’re hinting and teasing about Fitz, which at this point just feels like my chain is being yanked a little.

And as Coulson said, the timeline’s coming apart, and after the whole Quaked Earth storyline I’m just over timelines. As Mac said, the 80s nostalgia is fading fast.

Not sure how they're going to fix everything now, especially with the Zephyr in enemy hands. You'd think they'd have a remote shutdown option or something.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-07-30 at 10:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Also, young Garrett was hilarious, and the fact that he’s played by Bill Paxton’s son is just perfect. That’s why he does a pretty good impression.
    No kidding? Well, that does explain that.

Show
    There was a badly misplaced joke (for want of a better word) when Daisy witnesses her mother being killed, then rises up in slo-mo to deliver heroic retribution before it all skritched to a halt as May ran up.

That wasn’t funny. It tried to play one of the worst moments in Daisy’s life for a very cheap laugh. It was in severely poor taste and was tremendously disrespectful to the character, and it was completely unnecessary.

It’s worse because of the hard contrast with Mac’s own loss and grief, which was treated as seriously as it should have been. Why they used a parent’s death as a trite gag is beyond me, but I lost respect for the showrunners’ judgement on that one.
    Joke? I don't remember a joke...

Spoiler: And the Rest
    Show
    Apart from that, now they’re hinting and teasing about Fitz, which at this point just feels like my chain is being yanked a little.
    Spoiler: Fitz
    Show
    Considering there are only three episodes left, I have to imagine Fitz is finally returning next episode. If not, then I'd say there's a good chance he's not returning at all.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Nathaniel is the best villain we’ve had in several seasons
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think he might be the best villian the show has had.

Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't see it as a joke, she went emotionally unstable after her mother died and was risking bringing the base down - I imagine that if you want to see her reaction to it that will be next week, but frankly I could do with less of her.