New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Khajiit has sketches if you have the sugar...

Okay so I'm not a khajiit and I don't want your moon sugar. The quarantine has given me a lot if time to do what I keep meaning to make time for, such as catching up on books, writing, and drawing. Naturally, I've sunk my time into Animal Crossing, and done none of the above.

I figured I could start here, seeing that I don't like reading on my phone, and my good laptop is dead so I have that as excuse 😁😆and the other one I can't really type much on.

What I can offer is a mediocre, rough, colored sketch (likely from the waist up) of your very own character of your choosing, drawn on my phone, in a relatively timely fashion. I'm listing examples in the spoilers below.

What I ask in return:

1. Be kind to everyone in this thread.
    2. Be specific when posting your request.
    3. Have a little patience. I'm still really into AC, family time, and binging and playing rookie chess with my even noobier partner.
    4. Please keep in mind I'm by no means good or even decent. I'm o.k. at drawing on any tech device.

I will be taking three requests at a time. Once a space frees up, someone else willing can take it.

Spoiler: Examples
    Show

In case the pics are being cut off:

https://www.imageupload.net/image/wlWmh
    https://www.imageupload.net/image/wlIFM
    https://www.imageupload.net/image/wlPtx
    https://imagehost.imageupload.net/20...0987661438.png

Takers:

1. Connie - JNAProductions
    2. Avatar- Kinglinus1

Completed:

1. Hogan ta Bos - Lvl 2 Expert
    2. Orc Avatar - Xania
    Last edited by N7Paladin; 2020-06-10 at 01:08 PM.
    For free sketches: click here

Why do players who mostly play Wizards have a superiority complex? Who hurt you? Did the martial classes touch your no-no place?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Khajiit has sketches if you have the sugar...

I've got a character idea that might make a reasonable drawing if you're interested in it. The character has recently been rejected for being basically too crazy for this campaign but I will be saving it to play some other day, because it's pretty much my greatest creation yet.

Hogan ta Bos ("of the Wild") is a minotaur valor bard hooligan with a dash of hillbilly and swamp dweller, a sports fan (mostly gladiator fights) who dives into dungeons playing a marching drum/snare drum with sticks in both hands, a small whistle around his neck/in his mouth and his horns as his only real physical weapons. His favorite gladiator stable is "The Labyrinth" (or Het Labyrint, in Dutch, although it would only make sense to be in the picture written in minotaur or giant, the regional trade language. Who needs to use words anyway? They are overrated.), with a logo looking somewhat like this:

That logo (if it adds something to the art) could be on the top surface of his drum, or otherwise it might appear on his clothing or armor somewhere, maybe on the shoulder or something (a tattoo fits thematically, but doesn't really work with his hair, see two bits down.)

Eventually he'd be wearing at least medium armor when on an adventure, because his role is to do battlefield control from the front lines using bard spells and horn shoves, but a more leisurely outfit could look cool as well. I wrote a boar skin cape into his background, so that could make an appearance.

Hogan himself looks-wise is a pretty highland cattle looking minotaur, lots and lots of lightish brown hair. He's medium sized, but clearly larger than a typical human and about as broadly build as that size category allows. Strength is his best stat and he weights the same as two large men. The horns aren't very big, maybe a bit over a foot in length or so, and shape wise look a bit like the ones in my avatar, I like that shape.

Hogan likes to yell a lot, drinks a little too much beer, enjoys life in a crowd and generally is just a party waiting to break out wherever he goes. I guess people in his lands really appreciate a good drumming. He's got a good sense of direction even in maze-like circumstances and is pretty good with small boats, although I don't think either of those have a lot to do with how he looks on a waist up drawing without background. His best friend is the bartender and his worst enemy the referee.

Usually for a character I can find something on google that can serve as at least a starting point for some photoshopping, but this time I seem to have actually stumbled upon something pretty original. So if it sounds like something you're interested in drawing, I'd be happy with it.

And the next several times you need another avatar debackgrounded I'll happily repay you that way.

(I quite like your examples by the way. The dragonborn is good, nice perspective.)

(This post was edited about a billion times to add a single detail with every edit.)
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2020-05-24 at 11:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

I love it!!!
    Actually, I've always liked Minotaurs (and highland cows), and used to make them out if polymer clay. This will be my first time drawing them though, but I'm hyped, especially given Hogan's description!

Looking forward to working on him, and thank you kindly Lvl 2 Expert 😁

I'll either post here or PM you if I have questions, whichever is better for ya

Why do players who mostly play Wizards have a superiority complex? Who hurt you? Did the martial classes touch your no-no place?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by N7Paladin View Post
    I'll either post here or PM you if I have questions, whichever is better for ya
    I'm fine with both. No real preference.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    I'm fine with both. No real preference.
    For his drum, did you envision a bit centered one, or smaller and lower to the side a bit?

Or if something else let me know.

Also, do you happen to have a preference for what the whistle looks like?

The symbol, I hope, unless it goes against him, is so far going to be carved onto one if his horns. But I thought your drum idea was great, so maybe both? What do you think?
    Last edited by N7Paladin; 2020-05-25 at 02:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

For his drum, did you envision a bit centered one, or smaller and lower to the side a bit?

Or if something else let me know.
    The smaller kind, with the all wooden sticks, hanging from a bandoleer or some similar not too modern looking contraption. Like what the guy in the middle of your picture is using or what these guys have. (The ones you see front and center in the first bit of the video. Their outfits and their "touching our noses with our sticks" act are a bit silly, but that general type of drum.) The larger bass drums with the big fluffy sticks really need something else played alongside them to have proper music, the smaller snare drum is a bit more of a solo instrument, at least as far as marching music goes.

Also, do you happen to have a preference for what the whistle looks like?
    Something simple, small and loud. Just a one tone. "I don't think this counts as a musical instrument" whistle, for proper hooligan-style noise making. I don't actually have a great idea of how a whistle like that would have looked in past centuries... Something looking like the classic police/boyscout whistle would work I figure:

The design is not actually super old I think, but it does have a bit of a timeless look to it. Or something wooden would be cool. But something he can just hold in his mouth and blow into while drumming, as an alternative to the singing and yelling he does at other times.

Honestly the realistic historical equivalent of this music style is pipe and tabor, but I'm shooting more for a mildly anachronistic, less melodious and louder setup.

The symbol, I hope, unless it goes against him, is so far going to be carved onto one if his horns. But I thought your drum idea was great, so maybe both? What do you think?
    That's not an option I had considered, but I guess it would make sense as a minotaur tattoo equivalent. If you think it looks cool, go for it!
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2020-05-25 at 04:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Is this open? I see only Mr. Expert as the other poster, so I will make a request.

Can you draw Connie, my One Piece D&D Scientist Character's Minion?

She is a clockwork naga-upper body of a woman, lower body of a long snake. She's not tall-only about 4'. She has recently (due to an encounter at One Piece Hooters) had her chest embiggened with explosives, so she should be moderately well-endowed.

Tons of thank yous to you if you take this up!
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Your pictures look fairly decent to me.

If this is open and is not a too dumb idea seeing the character in my avatar drawed like that would be funny.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ooh, I love Art. Also crafts!

Can you draw my avatar please?
    A diamond necklace played the pawn
    Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
    To a handsome man and baton (Bygone, bygone)
    A blind class aristocracy
    Back through the opera glass you see
    The pit and the pendulum drawn (Bygone, bygone)
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.

10. - Top - End - #10

Thanks for the interest, guys!

I should have Hogan finished today 😁
    After that, I'll get started with buxom Connie. I hope her enemies realize her new weaponized chest is the last of their worries (assuming she's got a killer personality).

Xania, I'll also add you to the list.
    KingFinus1, sure I'll add you to the list after i finish Hogan.

Can you guys tell me more about your characters or avatars? Like, what would Connie typically wear? What's her personality?

11. - Top - End - #11

Can you guys tell me more about your characters or avatars? Like, what would Connie typically wear? What's her personality?
    Connie is a robot naga. She doesn't bother with clothes.

She's a pretty happy person, but she's in her teenage rebellious phase. My actual PC in the game, Hans, is basically her stressed-out dad who just wants the best for his family. She also likes raccoons, since one of our party members is an anthropomorphic raccoon with the attention span of a gnat. Furthermore, she's very interested in being alive-she's disappointed that she can't eat anything and actually taste it. She's a stalwart protector, though, and very supportive.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Can you guys tell me more about your characters or avatars?
    MY avatar's name is Richard and he is a time-traveling gunslinger who likes to come into battle wielding a Zweihander and dressing in a mix of finery and armor. He isn't especially confidant or charismatic, but constantly has to pretend otherwise to avoid showing weakness.

Oh and he plays the guitar.
    A diamond necklace played the pawn
    Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
    To a handsome man and baton (Bygone, bygone)
    A blind class aristocracy
    Back through the opera glass you see
    The pit and the pendulum drawn (Bygone, bygone)
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.

13. - Top - End - #13

snip
    So, I got really hung up on the horns. I still don't like them, and might revisit them at some point, but here's my version of Hogan. I hope I didn't butcher him!

I tried to give him a hillbilly mullet, and was very very tempted to give him a wheat straw to chew on but thought that might be a bit much lol I took out the rune carved on the horn, it just didn't look right and the horns were already a sore point.

I hope the colors and everything else are alright enough:)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Hogan is very pleased! You will now be granted bardic inspiration!

(Yes, I always take 7 rounds to cast bardic inspiration, nothing out of the ordinary here.) (I will refrain from any comments on my own creation except to complain that it is so hard to find proper drunken violent minotaur singing voice actors these days.)

The detail in the whistle and the bandolier is great, and I love the snout/face solution you went with. Human and cow faces are not easy to mix.

I see what you mean with the horns. There's a bit of a "perspective is hard" thing going on there. Because perspective ís hard.

The hair is kind of funny to me because years ago I made a logo sort of thing for entirely unrelated reasons that looked like this, except that I quickly replaced the logo on the hat (a logo with a logo, logoception?) just now for privacy purposes:

I think my spirit animal might be a cow with hair in front of his eyes and a goatee. (The eye in your drawing is actually more of just around the corner, but the effect it gives is the same.) (The logo thing was not meant to be a minotaur, but with the missing body there's really no way to tell.)

(Also: nice work on getting the drum in the picture, they hang ad king of a weird place you you have to raise them a bit for a drawing like this, and it ended up looking natural.)

So... Thanks!
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2020-06-01 at 05:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Thanks for the interest, guys!

I should have Hogan finished today 😁
    After that, I'll get started with buxom Connie. I hope her enemies realize her new weaponized chest is the last of their worries (assuming she's got a killer personality).

Xania, I'll also add you to the list.
    KingFinus1, sure I'll add you to the list after i finish Hogan.

Thanks!

I don't really know as it's so minimalist, in my imagination she could be wearing something like this

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5e/89...8c8ed8d101.jpg

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

I had a digital look at Hogan, in edit mode. One of the advantages of digital art is that you can quickly try 50 things and choose between them. I'm not going to claim this is an enhanced or improved version, I introduced some entirely new issues into it, but in terms of continued learning of perspective it might be useful as a second point of comparison. The (anatomically) right ear coming from behind the hair being the major one.
    Spoiler: Big image
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

snip
    Holy ****!😧😍

He looks 100000% better!!!! You did amazing edits! Thank you fixing him, and sorry for the silence, I've been a bit busy.

It makes me want to be able to edit whatever sketch I make like that! But even if I was able to, I'm not sure I'd do a good job.

-----

I've been drawing and redrawing Connie I don't know how many times now. But I think I've finally settled on a design except for her face. Which is fairly important.

Anyway, I took a little break from Connie, and spent around 30-50 minutes on sketching Xania's avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xania View Post
    Your pictures look fairly decent to me.

If this is open and is not a too dumb idea seeing the character in my avatar drawed like that would be funny.
    I know my sketches aren't all that great, but I don't think I intended my examples to be funny, but hey, a laugh is a pretty positive thing. 😆

Here's a quick sketch of your avatar, hopefully you do find it fairly decent! ☺️

18. - Top - End - #18

I've been drawing and redrawing Connie I don't know how many times now. But I think I've finally settled on a design except for her face. Which is fairly important.

Anyway, I took a little break from Connie, and spent around 30-50 minutes on sketching Xania's avatar.
    Thank you a ton! I really appreciate you offering your artistic skills.

Hope you're doing well, hope the picture's gonna be awesome, and hope you have success in your artistic and regular life!

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Thank you a ton! I really appreciate you offering your artistic skills.

Hope you're doing well, hope the picture's gonna be awesome, and hope you have success in your artistic and regular life!
    Awww, thank you, you're very sweet!

Actually, I don't know why I didn't just come to you... I keep going back and forth between a more human-ish looking face for Connie, or a more stereotypically robotic one?

And do you see her having a more metallic look to her body, or, would she be more like an Android in that regard? I hope I'm making sense

Ive been working on her lower body a lot and it's more robotic/metallic, than actually snake looking skin, but now I'm not sure. I should've just come to you sooner instead of just assuming. Sorry 😧 but I can totally change this! Just let me know :)

20. - Top - End - #20

Very human face.

But more robot body than snake. It should be recognizably snaky, but still more clockwork than scale.

Thank you once more!

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Vogun Guttrr
    Show
    Vogun is a goblin cowboy. Dark green skin mottled with dark brown freckles and moles here and there. Some chipped teeth here, some scars there, a bit of one ear missing. Thin and small, but clothes help make him look a bit bulkier than he is. Huge ears peeking out under his cowboy hat. Clothes fit for traveling, with lots of pockets and buckles and a bandolier for rifle shells. Shells are for his human-sized rifle; it's a rough, well-worn piece, but it's sturdy-looking and plenty reliable. He rides around on Akela, an enormous, scarred white wolf. She's a sweetie towards him, but they're both pretty unfriendly towards other people.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Holy ****!😧😍

He looks 100000% better!!!! You did amazing edits! Thank you fixing him, and sorry for the silence, I've been a bit busy.

It makes me want to be able to edit whatever sketch I make like that! But even if I was able to, I'm not sure I'd do a good job.

-----

I know my sketches aren't all that great, but I don't think I intended my examples to be funny, but hey, a laugh is a pretty positive thing. 😆

Here's a quick sketch of your avatar, hopefully you do find it fairly decent! ☺️

Oh! Actually it's much better than I expected 😄
    Thank you ^^

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Question Re: Khajiit has sketches if you have the sugar...

Howdy. Just curious if this is still open? It seems Vecna has beaten me to the punch as of right now, but I'd love to keep an eye on this thread and maybe submit a character in the future if you're still doing this!