New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A Cultural Tour Gone Wrong [IC]

Bastion

Bastion's thought circle around the princess and his mission. The princess had apparently not made her mind about whether she would accept the gift or not. He thus makes a decision, difficult to him at least: Start with step two instead. Show her that you are useful to her and her affairs.

He waits respectfully for the others to speak first. "House Cannith representatives had arranged an audience, when the date for Her arrival had become public. I came to embrace this generous opportunity." He pauses shortly. "We cannot hide forever, but for now, it seems elementary to me, to find out who is to be trusted. Depending on the scope of the conspiracy, addressing the authorities without further understanding could mean more danger than support." It is clear that those words come not easy for him.

When the opportunity arises, he turns to Kyra:
    "The Games you say. I have heard about them. Did you plan to proof your prowess as a participant? What particular disciplines caught your interest?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

The questions catch Kyra a bit off guard.

What do you mean, prove my prowess? I have already proven myself in competitions all over. As for what I plan on participating in, I will b participating in as many of the events as I can.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

Katrina rubs her temples I..... do not believe it could have been my fathers, they would really have no reason to want to end my life, as the eldest sibling the lion's share of the tutoring in statehood has gone to me, my siblings are merely backups should something happen to me. However as much as I don't want to believe it, it's entirely possible one of them would seek to assassinate me. I thought we were closer then blood, but perhaps not.....

I do not believe this city sought my death, it would be a diplomatic nightmare to have me die on their watch, and I haven't seen any war preparations that would suggest that they seek to attack. However perhaps enemies of the ruling family drugged my guards into a berserk state in an attempt to jockey power by "pointing to their poor leadership." Katrina air quotes.

Can anyone, send? I feel I must confer with my father's if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Wendelstein listened and nodded: "I can ask Gond in the morning for the gift of sending. And while I'm at it, I can ask him directly who wants to end your life. Meanwhile, I can do something else to keep you and your most valuable bodyguards alive. Keep still."
    Wendelstein spoke a short, resonant word and moved his holy symbol. For a moment, a healthy glow surrounded himself, the princess and the construct.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Aid as a 4th level spell:
    Wendelstein, Katrina and Bastion's hit point maximum are increased by 15 for the next 8 hours

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Nilvalor

Relieved at not having to reveal how limited his knowledge of the arcane is, Nilvalor slaps Wendelstein on the back. "Very good, Wendelsmith, very good! Yes, do ask your god for his services and any information he might offer. I myself can cast a number of spells, but you seem well suited to the task."

Turning to the princess, he regards her warmly. "Truly you have a keen intellect, Highness, a gift rarely associated with one so remarkably beautiful," Nilvalor says, inclining his head respectfully for a moment. "I don't wish to wound you further this evening, but is there one amongst your siblings who has the most to gain from your death? Who would rise to the throne if you and your father passed?"

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    The questions catch Kyra a bit off guard.

What do you mean, prove my prowess? I have already proven myself in competitions all over. As for what I plan on participating in, I will b participating in as many of the events as I can.
    "My apologies if my question offended you. I do not follow sports, and as such was not aware of your status. May I ask why you participate then?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

The money is good. The recognition is better. And to prove my worthiness to Tyche is best.

That said, Kyra sets her helmet upon the table, props her spear against the wall with her shield. Against the shield goes her sword. And then she begins unbuckling her armor. As each piece of the burnished bronze metal is removed, a hard, lean body is revealed, with only one jagged scar on her upper arm marring an otherwise perfectly toned and conditioned body. As Kyra removes her chest plate, she is wearing simple, unassuming clothes. With no adornments or jewelry, it is obvious she does not come from wealth.

Well. I am going to go to the common room and have a drink. Anyone care to join me?
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2020-05-30 at 11:57 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

For the first time, the foppish Halfer - Nilvalor, as Wendelstein remembered - had his full attention:
    "What spells are those? Considering the current circumstances, it could be vital to know the capabilities of each other. In the fight I mainly saw you slitting throats of distracted foes - a commendable tactic in and of itself - did you learn all that at court?"

To the paladin taking of her armor he said:
    "As much as I can understand you wanting to enjoy yourself a bit, I hope you are aware that the next attack could happen at any moment. We have no wards against scrying and I myself would have no trouble locating any person that I know of in this city with a simple prayer. Not to mention objects she carries with her.
    Here, I didn't intent to empty this flask by myself."
    Wendelstein lied as he presented the bottle and quickly produced another cup from a cupboard.

"Unless of course, you want to gather information about what the common folk is talking about in the city - in that case godspeed."

9. - Top - End - #39

SwashbucklerGuy

Nilvalor

Though easily offended, Nilvalor masters his facial expression, staring back at Wendelstein with a neutral look. No doubt even a commoner such as this could guess that growing up in a Royal Court meant a life of intrigue and danger as evidenced by Princess Katrina's own position.

"I see you noticed my humble contribution to dispatching those assassins," Nilvalor begins, waving a hand as if to dismiss his own accomplishments, "whereas I must admit I have no memory of you doing anything until after the fighting was already done." Careful not to allow Wendelstein the time to interject or respond, Nilvalor carries on quickly. "In any case, this is hardly the time for boasting about past accomplishments or the extent of one's power. I am loath to do so even when time permits," Nilvalor lies, eager to show what he can do without revealing his limited mastery of the arcane. "The princess is still in danger. That should be our one and only concern."

Hoping that he has sufficiently redirected the conversation, Nilvalor looks back and forth between Wendelstein and Kyra. "If we're going to be waiting here until morning, none of us should be seen any more than is necessary. Someone may have spotted us coming out of the palace and we can't risk leading anyone back here."

With a flourish of his his hand and the words of a spell uttered, Nilvalor transforms into a tall human that could be Wendelstein's cousin, albeit with red hair and horrifyingly bad teeth for some reason. He speaks in a much rougher voice and says, "by tomorrow the rumors will be traveling faster than we ever could. We need to take control of them now while there's still time. I will go, either to the docks or the north gate, and spread the rumor that Princess Katrina has left, either on a ship home or on the road north to escape her attackers. That should buy us some time. But which rumor to spread? We cannot take that route in the morning, whatever else we may do.

What do you think?"
    he asks the princess, but turns to look at the other humans for their opinion as well. His eyes glance quickly over at the Warforged, unsure whether a word of affirmation from him would help or hurt his cause.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Nilvalor casts Disguise Self. Sorry for the long-winded response.
    Last edited by Riggdgames; 2020-05-31 at 09:09 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Bastion

He only politely nods to Kyra's explanation for her attending the games.

"Having someone as guard down in the common room could work as an early warning system." He weighs in on the matter of Kyra going downstairs.

"Regarding the false rumor, a lie regarding a land vehicle might be more credible ad more difficult to debunk than one about a ship, as there are presumably fewer ships leaving port than wagons leaving the city."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Kyra takes the cup and turns it over as she speaks to Wendelstein.

Keep your drink. I prefer wine. And sport. And you will provide me neither. And I am the common folk. She emphasizes the word common.

And they will protect me, as much as I will protect them.

And with that, Kyra leaves the room, to go downstairs.

Soon enough, she has a glass of wine in hand, one of the serving maids on her arm, and is looking for where men were wrestling.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #42

Spoiler: Kyra
    Show
    You do not see any signs of impending death, for you or the princess.

To observe more, please make an appropriate check.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Wendelstein shrugged: "More for me then" and filled his cup with a generous measure.

To Nilvator he just nodded and said: "Suits you. Take care. Should we need to relocate, I'll leave a message over the door frame - if I have the time."

Once the paladin and the noble have left the room, Wendelstein looked out of the window to the street below and began fastening a rope to the sill. "Just in case we need to vacate here rapidly.
    Bastion, would you be so kind and move that wardrobe so you can tipp it in front of the door?"

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by Riggdgames View Post
    Nilvalor

Relieved at not having to reveal how limited his knowledge of the arcane is, Nilvalor slaps Wendelstein on the back. "Very good, Wendelsmith, very good! Yes, do ask your god for his services and any information he might offer. I myself can cast a number of spells, but you seem well suited to the task."

Turning to the princess, he regards her warmly. "Truly you have a keen intellect, Highness, a gift rarely associated with one so remarkably beautiful," Nilvalor says, inclining his head respectfully for a moment. "I don't wish to wound you further this evening, but is there one amongst your siblings who has the most to gain from your death? Who would rise to the throne if you and your father passed?"
    Fathers. Katrina corrects gently.

As for the question. I suppose if I had to say, it'd be Katherine. She stands the most to benefit as she is second oldest, I suppose. Katrina explains

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophilios View Post
    Wendelstein shrugged: "More for me then" and filled his cup with a generous measure.

To Nilvator he just nodded and said: "Suits you. Take care. Should we need to relocate, I'll leave a message over the door frame - if I have the time."

Once the paladin and the noble have left the room, Wendelstein looked out of the window to the street below and began fastening a rope to the sill. "Just in case we need to vacate here rapidly.
    Bastion, would you be so kind and move that wardrobe so you can tipp it in front of the door?"
    Should we perhaps..... I believe it is called, sleep in shifts? She adds.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Wendelstein indicated at Bastion: "No need. These marvelous beings are exempt from the need to sleep like us mere mortals.
    While we are at it: Once I have my sending ready, I'll need a very close describtion of whoever you want to contact. So you could start by explaining to me who your fathers are, what they are like and how they look. Also how your family is structured on the whole. Having two royal fathers isn't the most usual situation - at least it wasn't before I went to study with my master."

16. - Top - End - #46

Bastion

With a slight nod of approval regarding the wardrobe plan towards Wendelstein, Bastion moves the furniture with no apparent difficulty. He then joins into the discussion:

"Sir Wendelstein's observations are correct, while our species anticipates wear and tear by daily self maintenance and repair cycles, these do not substantially compromise our attention to our environment. I must note however, that I do not share the night vision of forest or underground dwellers. Though there are a few first successful prototypes in the Gorgon-V series, I do not yet benefit from these improvements." he pauses shortly. "I have been parented by at least a dozen individuals of a variety of genders." he adds, maybe in a try to partake in the discussion. whatever he means with "parented".

17. - Top - End - #47

Show
    Downstiars, you start inquiring as to what's going on.

You hear a lot of gossip about people you don't know, as well as a lot of excitement about seeing the foreign princess, but nothing that would indicate danger or provide hints as to what sort of conspiracy is going on.

Show
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Content with the way the evening is going, Kyra lifts her glass to another soldier, and they tell tales of battles they have fought in.

But soon, Kyra grows tired of talking and looks to see if there is any sport. In the common room of an inn, it is usually arm wrestling, if not dice or cards.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #49

Then we should probably all take turns, with the exception of Bastion. So that that way we can have two people on watch at all times. Katrina offers.

Oh my dad's are gay. So instead of born children they adopt promising youths to mold. Legally in my city state I am the crown princess and carry all the benefits of true born children. As for my dad. Katrina starts to explain.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah, I see, so your siblings aren't actually blood related, but you have a kind of meritocracy going on. That kind of increases the chances that one of your siblings could be behind that scheme."
    Wendelstein nodded at the mention of shared watches: "Fine, I'll have to spend a good hour in prayer at dawn anyway. By the way, A message can only contain 25 words. So choose them wisely beforehand. You can get a lot of milage out of compound words.
    After that we can start investigating - and hopefully catch the next assassine alive."

21. - Top - End - #51

Content with the way the evening is going, Kyra lifts her glass to another soldier, and they tell tales of battles they have fought in.

But soon, Kyra grows tired of talking and looks to see if there is any sport. In the common room of an inn, it is usually arm wrestling, if not dice or cards.
    Show
    You see some people enjoying cards-there's a few small coins on the table between them, but they're clearly not betting much.

No one is arm wrestling or anything like that, but there are some burly folk who might be down.

Show
    Should we move on? Any kind of time skip?

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Katrina smiles. "Okay, I'll let Kyra know about shifts." And in a flash she's out the door and down half the stairs.

"Kyra!" Katrina calls in the common room looking around, before her eyes spot. Kyra with her arm around the barmaid, her cheeks goes crimison, as her mouth drops. Recovering quickly, ahe approaches the two. "Um hello. Kyra we decided to sleep in shifts." She says eyes flicking back to the barmaid every so often.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

In shifts is it? Kyra says, her eyes going from Katrina to the barmaid.

That is a shame, she goes on with a sigh. A shame, since I prefer sleeping in the nude.

The barmaid giggles as Kyra lifts her up and off the paladin’s lap.

Well. I suppose I had better get upstairs. Good night, Jessie.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

24. - Top - End - #54

Katrina's gaze slipped to Kyra's chest when she mentioned sleeping naked, distracted she only heard snippets of the farewell.

As they walked back upstairs, Katrina giggled. "Jessie's pretty~" she sighed warmly. "Would you um.... actually sleep naked in front of a bunch of men." She asks looking anywhere but Kyra's chest.

25. - Top - End - #55

SwashbucklerGuy

Nilvalor

Since it couldn't possibly be his own behavior that caused the princess to ignore his question, Nilvalor's eyes narrow at the Warforged. It was his fault, certainly. The princess didn't appear to care for him or the idea of his services, and who could blame her? Then that thing just had to make a suggestion about Nilvalor's plan to spread rumors about Katrina fleeing in the night. Surely the others would've understood its genius if not for the construct butting in.

Nilvalor's thoughts are interrupted as Katrina tears from the room, feet pounding down the hallway. Looking frantically at the other two, Nilvalor stands speechless. When his brain catches up, he sends Ella out the window with instructions to watch the main door of the tavern and listen for anyone leaving that might be discussing the princess. After a minute passes and trying to make it appear like he doesn't know Katrina or Kyra, Nilvalor slips downstairs in his disguised form and buys a drink, carefully listening for any sign that someone might have identified Katrina.

Show

Nilvalor perception: (1d20+6)[22]
    Ella perception: (1d20+3)[15]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

I have before. And though I would not call it an incredible experience, sometimes, what is necessary cannot be helped.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #57

What um... do you sleep in, if you can't sleep in the nude?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

You can't always strip down when you are in the field, with your enemy just across a field. You have to be ready to fight.

But when you have wrestled against men twice your size in the traditional style, and fought them nude before a crowd of a thousand, you become accustomed to the feeling of eyes upon you.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

29. - Top - End - #59

You can't always strip down when you are in the field, with your enemy just across a field. You have to be ready to fight.

But when you have wrestled against men twice your size in the traditional style, and fought them nude before a crowd of a thousand, you become accustomed to the feeling of eyes upon you.
    I.... do not believe I've ever wrestled anyone before. Katrina admits.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Perhaps I should teach you. you may not always be able to rely on your magic.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!