New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A Cultural Tour Gone Wrong [IC]

Bastion

Seeing Katrina dart past him towards the common room, Bastion takes a few steps out of the room, to hear what's happening downstairs. As Kyra and Katrina return upstairs, he awaits them motionless, lets them pass, and follows them back into the room.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Wendelstein had made himself comfortable with a chair and a small box for his feet. His staff stood next to him on the wall as he was leaning back, his pipe in the one, the cup in the other hand.
    "Already back? What do our fellow commoners have to say?"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Aside from being unable to quit telling me how attractive I am, nothing that concerns us. You should sleep first, so you can seek your god’s guidance.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

"Great, that concurs with my plans." Wendelstein replied and emptied his cup.
    "See you on the other side."
    With that he rolls out his bedroll and lies down in a corner.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Colossus in the Playground

A few hours pass. There's some initial wondering, "What happened to the princess? She was supposed to be here..." and then the discovery. The guards, dead, and the bloodstains. The city begins panicking-people worried about what's happening, and authorities worried about starting a war.

You hear, whoever is on second watch, that a perimeter is being made-no one let in or out of this part of the city.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Nilvalor

After a little less than an hour downstairs to be sure he doesn't hear any talk revolving around the princess being in this tavern, Nilvalor walks back upstairs and offers to take a watch. He dispels the disguise and welcomes Ella back into their room through the window. Finding a corner of his own to curl up in, he lays out his bedroll and falls asleep quickly. Despite having to take a spot on the floor, Nilvalor seemingly takes it in stride without fussing over the lack of accommodations.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Kyra redressed. It would seem that, despite the joke about sleeping in a shift was just that, a joke, she truly did sleep in the nude.

She was sitting by the window when she heard the talk coming from outside. They had finally found the princess missing. But for now, it shouldn’t affect them. The people who were downstairs were her people. They knew she fought for them, and they would protect her. They wouldn’t say anything, unless it came to their lives or livelihood.

So the Paladin continues to sit by the window, watching. Listening.

Spoiler: Perception check
    Show
    (1d20+1)[6]

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Wendelstein was up and had finished his prayers just in time when the princess awoke.
    "I am ready to contact one of your fathers. Have you prepared your message?"

9. - Top - End - #69

Yes.. Princess Katrina starts before clearing her throat.

Princess Katrina here. Attacked by own drugged up guards. Safe. but city is refusing passage. Don't know who to trust, please advise. Love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Kyra awakens with the sunrise.

Standing up from where she had stretched out with her armor, she unrolls her clothes which she had used for a pillow, her only apparent attempt at comfort. Donning the tunic and fastening it with a simple leather belt about her waist, she then goes about polishing the bronze armor. Once done, she begins to strap the armor to her body, the bronze fitting over her like a second skin. And, after the last night, you can also see that the muscles engraved and sculpted on the armor's various pieces are a reflection of the hard muscle you have seen to be underneath it.

Once she is armored, Kyra dons her helmet, but leaves it pushed up and back on her head so that her face can still be seen. With her javelins tucked safely behind the shield, her sword strapped to her waist, and the spear in her other hand, she looks every bit the warrior she has proven herself to be.

Well. They have closed off the city. The princesses disappearance has been discovered. I am going to go and offer my services to the town watch. Soldiers like to talk while they are on duty, and officers more so. It helps pass the time while nothing exciting is going on.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Wendelstein lowered his hand and nodded: "Message sent." He was just for a moment distracted by the naked Paladin before he continued: "I'd be careful with that. We had a scheduled audience with the Princess. People know we were there - and then the princess has vanished with us and left only a bunch of dead guards. Better don't use your real name."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

And people know me. They know my honor and my heart. They know I would not kidnap a princess. Save one, yes. Kidnap one? No. I guess I won’t get thirty feet down the road before I am asked to aid in finding her.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

"Hah. Good luck then - and hope that the villains in this play haven't begun to slander your good name. I'll keep my head down if you don't mind - and keep an eye on the princess."
    Wendelstein replied, fetching a slightly stale honey cake from his bag to break his fast.

14. - Top - End - #74

Katrina hears one of her father's reply. He says "Should we send help? What kind? Stay safe-we love you."

Spoiler: Katrina
    Show
    You know your dads. You know they're probably freaking the hell out right now, with that brief message, but at the same time, they aren't going to send an army without knowing the situation more. They don't want a war on their hands.

Kyra, as she's about to leave, has the doors open in front of her. Two guards, one an older woman and the other a young man, are there. The woman says "Please, stay here for the moment. We're investigating the princess's disappearance."

The man begins to move around the room, looking for any signs of princess (though you've been able to avoid leaving any obvious traces) while the woman asks the room at large "Have you seen any signs of her majesty? She has not appeared, and we need to know where she is."

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Kyra rests the butt of her spear on the floor as the two guards start looking about the room.

I have not seen her. I spent the night here drinking and preparing for the games, but of a woman of royal stock? I think she would have stood out here, and I don't recall seeing anyone like that.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

After finishing his cake, Wendelstein sat down and layed out some of the materials, he had transformed earlier from the looted materials for the divination.
    Ten minutes of chanting culminated in a single question for Gond: "Would trusting the local watch men now be a mistake that endangers the princess?"

Spoiler
    Show

Ritual casting Divination:
    "Your magic and an offering put you in contact with a god or a god's servants. You ask a single question concerning a specific goal, event, or activity to occur within 7 days.
    The DM offers a truthful reply. The reply might be a short phrase, a cryptic rhyme, or an omen.
    The spell doesn't take into account any possible circumstances that might change the outcome, such as the casting of additional spells or the loss or gain of a companion. If you cast the spell two or more times before finishing your next long rest, there is a cumulative 25 percent chance for each casting after the first that you get a random reading. The DM makes this roll in secret."

The 25gp materials I have transformed during my vigil with the Blessing of the Forge ability from the looted materials.

17. - Top - End - #77

Spoiler: Divination
    Show
    The guard are not evil. But some are tainted.

Show
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #78

SwashbucklerGuy

Nilvalor
    Concentration: Invisibility

Stepping over to the door, Nilvalor listens to the commotion downstairs before turning quickly to the princess. Clearing his throat, he explains, "Highness, you're much too precious to risk the loyalty of a pair of common guards. Please, allow me to keep you out of sight." With a flourish of his hand, Nilvalor finishes the spell before gently reaching for Katrina's hand and imbuing her with invisibility. "Stay close," he says dramatically. "I will keep you safe."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Nilvalor casts Invisibility on Katrina and stands beside her, hoping to keep a space between her and the guards where they can't bump into her without running over him.
    Last edited by Riggdgames; 2020-06-04 at 09:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

The woman takes Kyra's words at face value. "Anyone else?"

There's a smatterings of negative answers, and the woman nods. "Earnest, start checking upstairs. Knock before you enter, but we need to search the whole building. Sir," she adds, addressing the innkeep, "Is there a basement?"

The young man heads upstairs to search the rooms, and after the first few, arrives at the room most of you are in. He knocks, saying "Authorities here. We're searching for the Princess Katrina."

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Having just finished his divination, Wendelstein got up: "Gond damn it. Can't I have a word with my God in peace? What does this look like? The royal assembly? Here!"

Wendelstein walked over to the wardrobe and opened it's doors with visible annoyance.

"No princess in here. And from what it looks from my position, neither is one under the bed. Happy now?"
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2020-06-05 at 01:43 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81

Bastion

The Warforged just stands there, mere motionless. He disliked the idea of lying to good people, but then again, the Princess' safety stood higher than such petty ideals.

22. - Top - End - #82

SwashbucklerGuy

Nilvalor

"That's quite enough, Willem," Nilavlor says, smiling apologetically at the young man. "My good man, please forgive my friend here. We were out enjoying the festivities last night and Willem here spotted a girl he fancied at the Striped Mongoose who ended up taking off with a young man much like yourself." Nilvalor shrugs knowingly, making it clear he believes that's why his friend is so upset at the sight of the guard and it has nothing to do with prayer, or anything else. "Obviously I didn't fare much better or I wouldn't have taken him up on saving a few coins and sharing a room. If I'd managed to snag myself a princess, well, I can think of a few places I'd rather go than a room with these two," he says, trying to share a joke with the guard.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Deception: (1d20+9)[18]
    Last edited by Riggdgames; 2020-06-05 at 05:51 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83

"Odd bunch in here," the guard comments. "But if you've not seen the princess, not much to be done about it. If you do find anything relating to her majesty, please let us know."

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

A few characters. The usual lot you would find in an inn, but none that I would think could be involved in something like this. Need any help?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

25. - Top - End - #85

SwashbucklerGuy

Nilvalor
    Concentration: Invisibility

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    "Odd bunch in here," the guard comments. "But if you've not seen the princess, not much to be done about it. If you do find anything relating to her majesty, please let us know."
    "Of course, I shall be the first through the door at your barracks should we find anything at all. Why, I must admit I could wish for nothing more than to lay eyes on the princess right now, but I suppose we must all be patient. No doubt she will re-appear quite suddenly, and we will all feel much better for it. I am forever an optimist," Nilvalor explains to the young man.

Spoiler: Edit: Removed
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Need any help?
    "A wonderful idea! Yes! Are you hungry? I haven't broken my fast yet, maybe we could discuss this downstairs, in the common room, over food and drink?"
    Last edited by Riggdgames; 2020-06-05 at 07:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Wendelstein didn't have to mimik the look of annoyance on his face: "All of you shut your traps. By Gonds hairy armpits, you are wasting daylight - especially mine. Who is your commanding officer? And is there a reward for finding her?"

27. - Top - End - #87

Bastion just continues to play his Warforged in the Room game.

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    A few characters. The usual lot you would find in an inn, but none that I would think could be involved in something like this. Need any help?
    "Well... Yes," the woman answers. "If you're offering, we want to find her as soon as we can and make sure she's safe. While her family isn't liable to start a war, the disappearance and, gods forbid, possible death of their daughter might not be something they can ignore."

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophilios View Post
    Wendelstein didn't have to mimik the look of annoyance on his face: "All of you shut your traps. By Gonds hairy armpits, you are wasting daylight - especially mine. Who is your commanding officer? And is there a reward for finding her?"
    "Urm," he says, "Sergeant Attenborough. And, well, there's no official reward-I mean, we just started searching-but I'm sure that if you find her you'll be able to get a lot. Stopping wars is valuable."

Show
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Wendelstein nodded: "Thanks, I'll look into this then."

When the two watchmen finally where out of the room, he closed the door and set down. In a low voice that he hoped would not be able to be overheard outside, he said: "Damn you Nilvalor, but you are annoying. But then, I guess, being unpleasant is the best way to get people to leave quickly. So, well done.
    My divinations weren't very conclusive, but at least I learned, that some of the watchmen are tainted. So whoever is behind this, they have access to the watch - and if its another case of drugging them instead of simple bribery, there must have been some form of contact.
    We should probably take a look at this Sergeant Attenborough next. I have a lesser divination for that.
    Give me 10 minutes."

From hi pouch he pulled a small set of iron dice and began to roll them: "Would talking to Seargent Attenborough have good results for our mission to find the traitor."

Spoiler: Ritual Casting Augury
    Show

By casting gem-inlaid sticks, rolling dragon bones, laying out ornate cards, or employing some other divining tool, you receive an omen from an otherworldly entity about the results of a specific course of action that you plan to take within the next 30 minutes, The DM chooses from the following possible omens:

Weal, for good results
    Woe, for bad results
    Weal and woe, for both good and bad results
    Nothing, for results that aren't especially good or bad

The spell doesn't take into account any possible circumstances that might change the outcome, such
    as the casting of additional spells or the loss or gain of a companion.
    If you cast the spell two or more times before completing your next long rest, there is a cumulative 25 percent chance for each casting after the first that you get a random reading. The DM makes this roll in secret.

30. - Top - End - #90

Spoiler: Augury
    Show
    Now, I could be a jerk and say that you can't reach Attenborough in the next half an hour... :P

But Weal is what you get.

Show
    Show

Show