New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: A Cultural Tour Gone Wrong [IC]

Nilvalor

Nilvalor tries to look dashing as he stands up from his seat and nods to Sargent Attenborough, thanking her. He tries to pull out the Princess' chair for her, but is too late.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Wendelstein got up too and nodded at the seargent: "Goes without saying, we'd appreciate it if you don't mention us to your colleagues - or at least only to those that you are 100% shure aren't tainted."

Once outside with the rest of the group, he said: "Alright, how do we want to do this? Wack this guy in a dark alley and interrogate him in a basement? Or do you want to talk to him first? I'm good with either solution."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

I am very eager to get him into a dark alley and work him for info. Katrina crackes her knuckles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bastion

"Regardless of our approach, I would like to add that while the drug and the conspiracy likely correlate, that does not mean that the drug-takers were the conspirators. Were there also members of the royal guard between the attackers? I also believe that it is generally risky to mention the drug use as it might directly link us with the crime scene, where else would we have gained that knowledge?"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

"I'd agree with you if that particular drug victim weren't also an a..hole that abuses his position to rough up citizens.
    Also, there are more tainted people around than just the guard. We need to find a way to identify those and if possible find a cure.
    I can try lesser restoration and Kyra her healing touch."

Wendelstein replied

6. - Top - End - #126

SwashbucklerGuy

Nilvalor

As the young Princess Katrina cracks her knuckles menacingly, Nilvalor grows a few shades paler. Tugging at his collar nervously, he looks back and forth between the others as conversation carries on, meekly keeping his silence as Bastion and Wendelstein debate the finer points of how to proceed. Clearing his throat as if to speak, Nilvalor instantly regrets it, turning away to inspect a very interesting looking tavern across the street.
    Last edited by Riggdgames; 2020-06-10 at 08:15 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophilios View Post
    "I'd agree with you if that particular drug victim weren't also an a..hole that abuses his position to rough up citizens.
    Also, there are more tainted people around than just the guard. We need to find a way to identify those and if possible find a cure.
    I can try lesser restoration and Kyra her healing touch."

Wendelstein replied
    That is a good idea, I however cannot contribute to curing them.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

"But I bet you could lure out the guy into an alley and into a prepared zone of silence. All we need then is a quiet backyard or warehouse to conduct the questioning."
    Wendelstein replied with a malicious grin.

9. - Top - End - #129

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If the plan is to go across the city and find Atin, I'll move on to the next encounter with that in mind.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I'm up for it

11. - Top - End - #131

You gather some directions, making sure that you'll arrive in the right area.

Then, you set off. After about twenty minutes of making your way down the road, you reach the edge of the perimeter that the guard have established. There's no walls, but you see a wide line of personnel not far.

Show
    Getting past the guard is your next challenge.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #132

SwashbucklerGuy

Nilvalor

Turning back to look at Wendelstein questioningly, Nilvalor watches a dangerous smile spread across his face. Furtively checking the others for their expressions, he struggles to understand what's happening. If he'd been worried they wouldn't have the stomach to get their hands dirty, now he realizes the rest are made of stronger stuff than he is.

As they walk East, he steals a few glances at the princess. Truly, he should've done more research. What little he had done was woefully inadequate. A shy maiden, beautiful as the sunrise and brighter than noon, the stories said. As if that was the whole story and meeting her was just a formality before marriage vows and wedding cake. She was not a flower wilting under the pressure of having her life threatened. She was a blade, beautiful to be sure, but with an edge.

As they reach the guards, he finally speaks. "I could distract them," he offers weakly.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

We have no need to distract. Sergeant Attenborough has asked us to find Atin, since everyone is supposed to be looking for the princess. But with everyone involved in the search, she acquired the services of a group of mercenaries to get him and have him help us search.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #134

Do we have proof of that, however? Katrina points out after a moment thought.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Doubt we will need anything. We have Delilah's name. If the guard wants to check it, we can tell him to go find her himself. Pull another guard to watch us. And while he is there, have him ask her to have dinner with me. If he is willing to do that, which I doubt, I'll wait. But, Kyra smiles. Considering what I'd be asking him to do, I doubt he would want to go through with all that.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

"Bastion and I will go ahead. No need to have them associate us with the rest of you. A priest of Gond with a construct won't raise too many eyebrows. The rest of you are charming enough that I don't see you having much trouble passing through. With any luck they won't even think, that the feminine part of this group could be involved in a crime." At that he smirked at Nilvalor.

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Doubt we will need anything. We have Delilah's name. If the guard wants to check it, we can tell him to go find her himself. Pull another guard to watch us. And while he is there, have him ask her to have dinner with me. If he is willing to do that, which I doubt, I'll wait. But, Kyra smiles. Considering what I'd be asking him to do, I doubt he would want to go through with all that.
    You make an excellent point. Katrina admits, before turning to Bastion

Best of luck. She starts to curtsy before physically stopping herself.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Leaving it up to Bastion if he follows, Wendelstein walked forward and to the control point.
    "Gond be with you. Open up, I have places to be."

19. - Top - End - #139

Bastion

He ever so slightly bows his head, afraid to show suspicious behavior in public.

"Thank you. As much as I disdain the idea of leaving you farther behind then a glaive's length, drawing too much attention towards you may compromise our mission, which would contradict my purpose* itself. The two on your side have fought well, and we shall not venture far ahead, nor shall I hesitate to come to your aid, even if it means to turn against the guard." with the last part of the sentence, he clearly also addresses the others.

He then joins Wendelstein, letting himself fall back half a step behind him.

*) The way that he stressed the word purpose indicates that the word itself has a strong meaning for him.

20. - Top - End - #140

Wendlestein and Bastion approach the guards. The nearest one holds up a hand, and says "Sorry-no leaving the area until the princess is found."

Spoiler: Perception DC 11
    Show
    His uniform is a little patchwork and worn.

Spoiler: DC 15
    Show
    His eyes are bright and attentive.

Spoiler: DC 21
    Show
    You can see the faint signs of foam in his mouth-similar to what Katrina's guards had, only much more subtle.

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Perception test
    (1d20)[15]+8

"You realize that your job would be easier if you let everyone out that wasn't the princess? She is very obviously neither me nor my companion here."
    While he turned towards Bastion, Wendelstein indicated to the corner of his mouth and then at his head for a quick second, hoping that the others behind him could spot the gesture.
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2020-06-14 at 01:01 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

"Orders, sir," the guard replies. "No one gets out."

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Wendelstein nodded, looking around how many other guards were around this check point.
    "I see. In that case I need to speak to your superior."
    Spoiler
    Show

How many other guards are here?

24. - Top - End - #144

SwashbucklerGuy

Nilvalor

Straining to see, but trying not to be too obvious about looking straight at the guard as he talks to Bastion and Wendelstein, Nilvalor curses under his breath. He opens his mouth to speak, but closes it again, as he tries to read the guard's expression. Was he going to let them through? It didn't seem like he was inclined to, but Nilvalor couldn't tell from here.

"Ella, go find a perch up on that roof over there and see if you can get a closer look or hear what they're talking about. Take the long way," he says, extending his arm back the way they came from and giving her a boost. Ella circles around the buildings off to the side and comes back up behind the guard to perch on the closest roof she can find.

25. - Top - End - #145

I think I see some foam in his mouth, in might be a trick of the light, but..... Katrina squints her eyes for a better focus.

26. - Top - End - #146

Bastion

Playing the role of the not-so-sentient construct, Bastion does not interrupt the talk between Wendelstein and the guard. He tries to assess the situation as a whole from a tactical point of view.

27. - Top - End - #147

SwashbucklerGuy

Nilvalor

Squinting at the guard's mouth, Nilvalor tries to see what Katrina's talking about. He relays the information to Ella, urging her to take a second look as well.

Show

Re-rolling perception checks based on Katrina's description of what she thinks she can see.

Nilvalor: (1d20+6)[7]
    Ella: (1d20+3)[21]
    Ella advantage: (1d20+3)[14]

For his part, Nilvalor thinks Katrina must be mistaken, but Ella is able to spot the foam for what it is and relate it back to him.

"Good eye, Highn--" Nilvalor says, coughing abruptly before continuing. "Excuse me. Good eye, Hilga..."

Scanning the area, he tries to determine how many other guards are nearby and if they appear to have sampled the drug, or not.
    Last edited by Riggdgames; 2020-06-14 at 06:41 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophilios View Post
    Wendelstein nodded, looking around how many other guards were around this check point.
    "I see. In that case I need to speak to your superior."
    Spoiler
    Show

How many other guards are here?

There's at least three other guards easily in sight, stretched across the street to catch anyone attempting to make it past. There seem to be more in the two buildings they've chosen to establish their checkpoint at-both of them ordinary homes.

Judging by the size, you'd say not more than a dozen guards could reasonably fit in the buildings, so almost certainly less than that, but an unknown amount for the moment.

Your eyes, while keen, cannot make out if any of the other guards have the telltale sign.

Show
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

"Very well, how long do you intend to keep up this cordon? People have to go to work and to market. Besides there must be a provision for nobility and clerus, or do you intend to arrest a nobleman if he walks through here?

I understand if you can't answer these questions, so would you mind calling your superior? There must be exceptions to this rule. Maybe an official gate we can use?"

Wendelstein continued talking loudly, so the others had a chance to overhear.

30. - Top - End - #150

"Er..." the guard lets out. "I could get the sergeant..." he says, his voice a bit iffy. "Jake!" he calls over, and the next guard steps over.

"Yeah?" Jake responds.

"Get Sergeant Wemly," the guard you've been speaking to says.

Jake looks a little befuddled. "Why Wemly? Dane is nearer."

"Just do it, Jake!" the first guard continues. Jake shrugs, and starts off at a jog.

Show
    Show

Show