Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 530
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Withstanding the Crimson Host

    [Link to the OOC thread here and the Rolling thread here]

    The preparation for the defense of Arvedon Pass have been mixed, with the defending force busy clearing the growth and hovels in the region their artillery and crossbowmen will be firing.

    A human with a two week beard has been sighted in the graveyard and on the more distant hills on either side of the pass. One of the town elders leaving town was interrupted by him, and the two shared a long conversation. less than half a day's travel south of the pass he glimpsed a pair of giants, who appeared to be carrying horses up the mountainside. He found a town elder still in the pass, and the town elder has explained that giants used to plague the kingdom before the orcs or centaurs did, but hasn't heard of any living to the south. Before Llane can go, the man insists on sitting llane down to tell him about the wonderful subterranean temple he visited as a child in Channel Run. He's now in the village square.

    A giant crab led by a small kobold has been going around. Geth glimpses a creature looking like a panther with tentacles to the northeast of the pass while exploring, but hasn't found anything to steal. When he went to the library, Brine started munching on a book, and they've been thrown out. He's been chased to the village square by an angry librarian's aide.

    Zaddion spent some time appealing to those fleeing the pass to help defend their homes however they can. A young woman carrying a violin on her back came up and sheepishly hands him a Scroll of Sleep, right before her mother angrily started smacking and berating her; they then moved on. He then attempted to get a few people drunk to convince them to stay, but only got a bad hangover for his trouble. Using his condition to fake being in mourning, he's tricked the morticians into giving him information on what graves were recently buried, and is now in the village square.

    Pouring through material in the library, Neth found the remnants of a diary. The author's name is missing, buy she claims to have been a friend of the dragon Ceigeinu and an entry describes the dragon's lair being within a tin mine. Library records indicate the funeral of a silver dragon by that name having taken place 87 years ago, after the battle where the orcs first invaded the area. She's also found out the only two tin mines in the region were both a day's travel north, on the east side of the mountains, very near each other. In the time since her discovery, she's scrounged up (1d6+2)[8] piles of bones, but trying to threaten the gravediggers didn't tell her anything; she's only found the one most recent grave. She's now at the western gate, near the village square.

    Laith's calls for help on the passing travelers (all fleeing the Host) fell on deaf ears for most of the day. As the sun set, a pixie appeared out of thin air, offering to help in the defense of the keep if Llaith would "free her." She only explained that he must come to the Corner Swamp; Laith doesn't know where this is. He spent the next day in the tavern trying to get more information on what this swamp could be, and despite having a nice time couldn't get any information. He's in the tavern now.

    Calin spends the day calling for aid to those entering the keep, but only succeeds on getting a sarcastic gp from a grumpy, middle aged man. When he tried instead of look for potentially helpful people instead of calling to everyone, he spotted a herbalist traveling up the road. She informed him she was by no means going to stand in the way of an army, but says she knows of an old man secretly living in the ruins of Channel Run and trying to restore the land so that plants can grow. As the host would undoubtedly destroy his work he may be willing to provide help for the defense. Having gone looking for people around the pass, he's made his way back to the village square.

    Brother Edren spends some time sitting in the grove with the elders of the village behind the fort. Before they set off, they thank him for the evening with (2d6+4)[12] bags of tea that promote restful sleep (Statistics for them here). He tries to spend some time in the tavern to get aid or information from those staying and trying to avoid stress by drinking their worries away, but these people aren't very helpful or friendly. A few act like Edren's old drinking 'buddies.' He spends some time exploring the area, but comes up empty handed, and gone back to the tavern.
    Last edited by sandmote; 2020-05-25 at 10:48 AM.
    Extended Signature, Woo! Latest Homebrew: Bizuxxie & some Celestials from eastern folklore

    DMing: WtCH, RFYW

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    A large man, clothed in fine robes that mark him as an important religious figure, is standing in the village square, near the tavern. Tradespeople outside the keep have packed up and left, leaving it mostly empty otherwise; the poorest merchants are still hawking some cheap food, and a stubborn dwarf is set up offering repairs for jewelry and metal tools.

    The man is calling out, requesting for any that would be willing to join a diplomatic mission to other villages in the area. "Please, we can't hold out with this few men," he cries. "We need help; outside help!"
    Extended Signature, Woo! Latest Homebrew: Bizuxxie & some Celestials from eastern folklore

    DMing: WtCH, RFYW

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Osterneth approached with her sack of newly acquired bones over one shoulder.
    "I'm inclined to agree, but what help is it sending more people? Would not it be best to leave as many fighters behind while you go seek help?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Calin

    A tall, strong-looking man in gleaming mithral armor with a greatsword and a few javelins strapped to his back, Calin walks into the village square after leaving his horse in the stables.

    All day Calin had only seen people leaving Arvedon. Some would give information, but none were willing to stay and help defend the keep, defend the land, from the oncoming horde. Until he saw the others standing in the village square. None of these others seemed armed appropriately for battle. Two of them wore no armor at all, one had only a wooden practice shield. Only the kobold with the crab seemed prepared for war. But they weren't running away, and that was a good sign. And Calin had seen enough magic to know that those who forego armor and weapons can sometimes be the most deadly. Time to see if they will be of help, if they have any other information. Maybe one of them knows of the old man in Channel Run, or has better information.

    "Greetings, friends. My name is Rai Calin Boren. I have come to help with the defense of the keep. Are you all planning on staying as well?"

    Addressing the priest and the wizard, "We still have a few days before the horde arrives, no? We could send requests for assistance to nearby towns. Perhaps explore any other leads for possible help."
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-05-25 at 11:25 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Llane

    Channel run, there's a place to avoid. Perhaps he's left it alone for to long. Regardless, there are more immediate concerns. If the giants are taking the horses for meat, then the collapse of the food supply is already begun. The army marching through is going to pick the land clean, bodies spread pestilence, camps breeding disease, and then longer effects echoing for years. If there's any truth to his assumptions though, the giants are worried, might be reachable.

    Llane approaches the gathering crowd deliberately, his walking staff clunking off the stones of the road. He takes a look around at those already there, giving a questioning look to the woman carrying some sort of filled sack.

    "Llane. More than just the town, an army marching through is going to spread disease and savage food stores. There may be support in the tribes as well."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Vaathi has just arrived at this area. She comes just in time to hear Llane talk about the tribes. I am from the Draco Tribe, high on the mountains. I have heard of this place's peril, and will do what I can to aid you all.

    A small shrub is waddling behind her, giving the impression of a smile. "And I'll help!" he says.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Vaathi had spent some time calling on those traveling to help defend the pass, and managed to convince a few passing hunters that they'd be able to maintain their livelihoods if the host as defeated. (1d4+1)[2] hunters decide to stay and aid the defense efforts. A few of them travel with her in the area searching for useful materials, but only hear from another passerby about a strange hermit he'd living along the eastern foothills. He says the harmit had disappeared from view while walking away along a straight road! When Vaathi spends some time trying to find ld graves with bones still inside, she gets chased off by some workers upset about the recent grave-digging in the area. The hunters are at the tavern now, trying to steel their nerves before formally offering aid at the keep.

    The man in the village square explains himself. "The Damapati herself believes that our warriors should remain here, and further worries some might take such an opportunity to desert." He pulls out a bit of coin. "I was hoping we could send some individuals not part of the official defense to do the job."
    Extended Signature, Woo! Latest Homebrew: Bizuxxie & some Celestials from eastern folklore

    DMing: WtCH, RFYW

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host


    "I assure you that I’m needed here during the actual battle, but I’m certain I’ll return in time. Count me in,”
    Beth said without counting the coin. She needed the privacy offered by the open road. "Though might I request eight shortbows and quivers to go with?”
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2020

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Laith

    An imposing figure in polished plate appears in the doorway to the tavern, listening carefully as the religious man implores a small group gathered around to help him seek out allies. Draining his cup, he sets it aside and steps out into the square.

    "Purohit," Laith begins with a small nod, acknowledging the man's robes. Looking around, Laith rubs his jaw absentmindedly, forgetting if he'd meant to say something more. He hadn't had much to drink, but he still felt fuzzy. Being honest, he'd always felt a little fuzzy when there were a lot of words flying around, and at the moment everyone seemed to have something to offer. Laith's mind wandered a bit as he looked over the group a second time. Some of them could swing a sword, no doubt. Others look like they'd had trouble pulling themselves out of bed this morning. Not for the first time, Laith wished for just a few members of his Order. A few would make all the difference.

    "I'm not...official," Laith says, stumbling over his words and pausing for a moment. He recognizes that some of the others are looking at him and now expect him to say more. "I will go. I can help with finding the fighters to help us.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cybertron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Zaddion had sat down against a tree in the square, he held a ball of ice wrapped in cloth to his forehead to help soothe the hangover he’d given himself last night. It would pass as all things did, he let out a sigh that turned into a groan when the Priest started his call for aid. Zaddion did eventually stand back up.

    He ran his silver nails against the air and filled it with faint trumpet sounds. The sorcerer crossed his legs and gave an eloquent bow.

    ”Look no further, Zaddion crafter of song and story answers the call for aid!”

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Feb 2018

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Geth the Gold

    Geth laughs uproariously after having been chased out of the library and jumps on top of his giant crab, patting him on the top of his carapace. ”Brine, you’ll make people think I don’t feed you! I’ll find you some books to eat if you really like them...” He tenses up when he sees the rest of the people in the square and Brine walks him over to the group. He stands straight up, crossing his arms, and meeting eyes with the group, trying to gouge their capabilities. ”I saw some Panther with tails, two of em. I don’t know what to think of it but I know Goblins like their crazy beasts to scout ahead sometimes. Whether we decide to go out or not, we should keep an eye out.”

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Llane

    Among all the talk coming through with the introductions, the kobold's description seems to jump out at Llane. He could have been lucky enough to not have to deal with too many big cat encounters, but something seems off with the description.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Nature roll to see if there's any creature that matches the description native to the area
    nature - (1d20+4)[23]
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    The man is ecstatic as the calls of support go up around him. "Wonderful, wonderful, the gods have truly answered by prayers. Please, please, let us prepare to have many more join up on a walls!" He's clearly trained to call out to large group before him. "Do any of you have connections in the region, perhaps in whitecliff? Or," he motions to the Goliath present "with the sheerclimbers ? Any aid, whether from the bluewoods or the halls of Buldihr is most welcome. Why, if you could get the orcs to join I wouldn't bat an eye!" He doesn't seem to take that last one seriously.

    Quieter, he mentions to Neth, "we have some in back of the armory, but no one trained to use them. I'll have then ready by the time you can set out, if you're so eager to help."

    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Nature roll to see if there's any creature that matches the description native to the area
    [roll0]
    Despite the mention of tails, Llane suspects this was a displacer beast.
    Extended Signature, Woo! Latest Homebrew: Bizuxxie & some Celestials from eastern folklore

    DMing: WtCH, RFYW

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    My family lives higher than most others tread. I'm afraid that I and the hunters who have joined me along the way are the only support you'll have from me, she replies. But I will stand with you, come hell or high water. The mountain itself will fall before I abandon you.

    Treecko moves up, just in front of her, and says "You're being overdramatic, Vaathi. I mean, she MEANS it... But still. Grandiose much?" Vaathi chuckles, and tousles Treecko's branches.

    Realizing that this is the first mention of her name, she decides to introduce herself as well. I am Vaathi "Stonesmasher" Draco. My leafy companion is Treecko. Feel free to address us how you wish-we don't offend easily. It is good to meet you all-though more pleasant circumstance could've been hoped for.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Llane

    A slight shudder goes through Llane as the thought of displacer beasts runs through his mind. That brings a bad situation up to something worse. If the goblins didn't just... find them and are summoning on creating them...

    When the discussion turns to the mountains, the druid turns to Vaathi, "You may be the one to ask a question, then. There have been giants taking horses, presumably for slaughter. Could they be reasoned with if their food supply is under threat?"

    He brings his attention back to the elder, "That may also be how we can convince the orcs." Being in public with nerves on edge, Llane keeps the 'because the goblins will strip bear and destroy everything in their path' part unsaid.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    Quieter, he mentions to Neth, "we have some in back of the armory, but no one trained to use them. I'll have then ready by the time you can set out, if you're so eager to help."
    "Excellent. And when shall we be departing?" Neth nodded to the people who introduced themselves. "I am Osterneth."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cybertron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Zaddion, squinted as he thought for a few moments.

    ”I am a caster myself thanks to the Dragons Blood which beats in my heart. But I am known for my skills as a performer and entertainer. I can speak to some of the Innkeepers or send out messages to such for food and drink. Perhaps we can use their alcohol for something? I remember a drunken dwarf claiming he could breathe fire with whiskey.”

    The flamboyantly dressed man raised a brow at Neth, the woman had a noble bearing to her and seemed out of place among all the others. Though when he stopped to consider the gathering, they all did.

    ”Their has got to be a song in there somewhere.”
    Last edited by Seanfall; 2020-05-25 at 04:13 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2020

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Laith

    For a few moments, Laith stays silent, thinking hard on whether to say anything. Finally answering the priest's call, Laith replies, "I know a couple folks in Whitecliff. A family, I mean. But I don't know any warriors, just folks that are needin' someone to stop them goblins 'fore they get here." Pausing a moment longer to find his words, Laith continues, "Might be they know them that can help, but they's just farmers. I don't...they can't help us. Warriors fight wars," he says, nodding to the goliath towering over everyone, including himself, and the well-armed and armored man nearby. "Farmers die in them. We need warriors..." he says, trailing off, as he loses his train of thought.

    As the others make their introductions, he waits for an opportune moment. "Laith Khouri," he grunts, trying to keep up with the flow of conversation. "You have my shield on the road, but...are you lot going to Whitecliff then, or where about?"

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    "I have no preference," Osterneth said. "I can find recruits in most locations."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Calin

    Calin turns to Laith, happy to see someone here dressed in real armor, and based on the Order of the Golden Lion markings, he is likely a skilled soldier too. "You are a lion? We had many in our army for Jagir Astahd in the west. I was his Templar before his defeat. It will be an honor to defend this keep with you. Perhaps you and I should go to Whitecliff to see if any soldiers will come help with the keep's defense. Do you have a horse?"

    He then speaks to Llane, "Are you a druid my friend? On my journey here, I learned of an old man secretly living in the ruins of Channel Run and trying to restore the land so that plants can grow. As the host would undoubtedly destroy his work he may be willing to provide help for the defense. Druids are always helpful to have around, and perhaps you would be better at convincing him to help."

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2020

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Laith

    "I am, friend," Laith says, nodding to the man bearing a greatsword. As Calin elaborates on his connection to the Lions, Laith's eyes widen. "You were one of Astahd's? A Templar? Rai Calin, you," Laith starts to say, losing his words before he can finish a thought, but his expression is clear all the same. "Good. This is good. You will do much being here," Laith says, clapping his hand on the other man's shoulder. His relief is palpable as he struggles for the right words. "Yes, I will go with you to Whitecliff. My horse is ready always."

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    The man sees the conversation turning to avenues of support. "Thank you all." His response to the mention of giants isn't as worried as llane's though, "the giants eat everything," he explains. "Horses, cattle, bears, people; frankly if we weren't dealing with the horde I might suggest clearing them out yourselves. They're certain to have acquired a pile of treasure from the bags of their victims."

    "The inn keeps aren't leaving, but I'm not sure what you could do with alcohol," he continues. He seems more used to using holy water. "I don't know how helpful the Thakur will be, but if you do go to Whitecliff they do have their own defenses. They've declined to send them here, however."

    "Word of trained warriors is good to hear," he mentions, and draws the party's attention around them. What's left of the market has packed up, beside the dwarf. "Might we move these deliberations into the keep? It would certainly be more comfortable."
    Extended Signature, Woo! Latest Homebrew: Bizuxxie & some Celestials from eastern folklore

    DMing: WtCH, RFYW

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Calin

    "Yes. Unfortunately you might be right. I was inn Whitecliff when I heard of your troubles and came here right away. While I did not try to recruit others, they surely heard the same news and would have come if they were willing. Perhaps other reinforcements should be sought. To the keep then."

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Llane

    When Calin turns the conversation towards the accursed town, it take Llane a moment to consider things. "An acute observation, I do keep the old ways. Channel ruin I have heard of, but haven't seen or been in contact with this man. He could be attempting to clear the blight as a Druid, or could be a godspeaker or any number of things. I simply don't know."

    "Yes, we could speak more freely in the keep."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Neth simply nodded assent and followed the clergyman.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-10-13 at 04:18 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Vaathi places Treecko on her armored shoulder, and follows.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Feb 2018

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Geth sits comfortable atop his crab and puts his shield over his head. "Yes please, this sunlight is giving me a headache.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2020

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Laith

    Laith ducks back into the tavern to grab his things. He briefly considers downing another ale quickly to steel himself for all the words ahead, but he thinks better of it. Breaking back out into the square, he follows the others. Finding himself walking behind the goliath, Laith stares up at the tree-thing. Curious, he has a sudden urge to reach up and touch it, but thinks better of it.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cybertron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

    Zaddion nods and follows the others. "Quite the eclectic group gathered here isn't it. I have to say I didn't expect to see a Kobald riding a crab today. If I had seen it last night I'd assume it was the copious amounts of liquor I'd ingested. In a failed attempt to garner aid."
    Last edited by Seanfall; 2020-05-25 at 07:48 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host


    “Yes, I feel as though strange things will be happening around this group for some time,”
    Neth agreed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •