Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Withstanding the Crimson Host

Llane

Something kind of dark flashes in the back of Llane's mind. The dark one in draconic could mean a very specific dragon, but even something else is cause to be concerned. However, there still may be room to talk, if he doesn't do anything particularly violent.

"Believe what you will. I come seeking alliance for the war that comes. I will return with the peace askers. We will be prepared for your aggression."
    With that Llane transforms back into an eagle and attempts to get some distance away from thrown weapons.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #452
    Firbolg in the Playground

Neth went with another method, speaking in Draconic. "If this Brakker threatens you, we can break its hold over you."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

A moon druid can dash on the same turn they wild shape, and Llane is gone even as they first start throwing bolas. As he starts climbing the updrafts he can see the lizardfolk who attacked being led into the largest tent. They no longer carry their weapons.

One of the lizardfolk holds back at Zaddion's urging. The other two seem afraid to close with the party despite continuing, and seeing Laith put down a weapon calms them down. Not enough to put down their equipment, but enough to start a dialogue.

The apparent leader asks, "sjek wux tir ti lowd, hak nomag yth renthisj?" The three back up to the remains of the fire. She then continues, "brakker tepohaic thric jilg, yth tepoha osvitha jacion. ti shio tepoha coanwor zyak vrinpict."

Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    "If you do not attack, then may we speak?"

"Brakker has no hold, we have fled him. Not all have been so lucky."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"They want to talk, peacefully. They said they fled Brakker but other's weren't so lucky." Zaddion stepped forward and took a breath. "axun yth confna ekess renthisj, yth tir ti faestir nomeno brakker vur ornla qe willing ekess letoclo wux sjek wux tiliw kikrem svaust usv svabol coi ui. yth confna de wer munthrek settlement nearby, vi pretur di ghiki vur lyrik races ui heading nomeno idol. yth re xoalir ekess dryic latali ekess withstand wer confnir kepesk." The sorcerer has his hands rasied and open at middle height showing he was unarmed.

Spoiler: translate
    Show

"Yes we came to speak, we do not serve this Brakker and would be willing to help you if you could explain who or what it is. We came from the human settlement nearby, a horde of Orcs and other races is heading this way. We are trying to gather allies to withstand the coming storm. "

Last edited by Seanfall; 2020-09-14 at 10:04 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455

I assume Llane is flying back to the boats?

The three deliberate for a moment by the remains of the fire. The party can make out some exclamations. One shouts, "shar throdenilt slathalinir," before the leader emphasizes "rimemiv maardo tuoric." Slowly they appear to reach a verdict as the third lists off, "desta loupon jaka, eschoupilt ekess itrewic achthend," and some more things no one can catch.

The leader turns to you. "yth geou tor hesi maekrix. petranas, zexenuma tenpiswo ihk jaka." "Stay," she adds in common, looking at Calin and Laith. Unless someone interrupts, she and the smallest one each disappear into different paths from the area. The remaining lizardfolk reaches into their pack, and pulls out a flint and steel before turning to the fire. His spear is sticking in easy reach from the mud, his shield is still strapped to his arm, and he is turned to be facing the party directly.

Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    Deliberations: "but more fighting-- chieftess maardo wants," and "better than now, easier to get food," at the end.

"we will ask our leader. please, stay here for now."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"They are open to speaking, and their going to get their leader." Zaddion took a breath and calmed himself.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Calin

Calin waits as instructed, grateful that others can speak a common language with these creatures.

Spoiler: OOC Question
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    I assume Llane is flying back to the boats?
    How far away from us and from the river were the lizardfolk that Llane encountered?

Blood & Gold IC | OOC
    Crimson Host IC | OOC
    Dark Sun IC | OOC
    Red Hand IC | OOC

8. - Top - End - #458
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Wonderful," Neth said. "And which were after this? The orcs?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Laith Khouri
    Fallen Aasimar Paladin
    AC: 21 HP: 76/76
    PP: 10 PIv: 8 PIs: 10
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

Laith is happy to obey and stand idle while the Lizardfolk scurry away to their leadership, clapping Zaddion on the shoulder with a smile. "Well done, friend. They seem to have taking well to your dragon-words then," Laith says, nodding pleasantly to the one remaining Lizardfolk.

"I am thinking we are planning to travel to the centaurs before the orcs, but I am not remembering exactly."

10. - Top - End - #460

Upon being asked the villagers of Channel Run inform Llane of where the party has gone, and finding them is not a particular issue. However, while the campfire is easy to spot, the paths leading from it are virtually invisible from the air, save a few portions where the party has pushed through on their one path. The fire quickly becomes nice and warm, and the lizardfolk vanishes for a moment before returning with a few fish and crabs, which are set up to finish baking on the edge of the heat.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Llane

Since things aren't going to be so easy finding things from the air, Llane eventually drops down to the ground and legs it the remaining distance to the party. There shouldn't be much danger of attack from the lizardman camp anyway. They seemed reluctant to begin with, but something will have to be done.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC