1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Interest check: Vampire the Masquerade pbp

I could definitely work with that 🙂

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Glad to see so many interested people! It looks like this idea might actually come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    I'd love the opportunity to play in a setting like that, in all honesty. I'd still prefer V5 mechanics with V3 meta ... but either way, really.

Do you have a particular city in mind, or a preference for one?
    I do like a lot of V5 mechanics but I still haven't managed to wrap my head around it, so I think I'd stick with V20 rules for now.

Regarding our setting, I think a big metropolis would be the best option. In an ideal world, I'd run this game in Rio de Janeiro, where I'd be able to set proper mood and narrative hooks since it's the city I've lived in for a long time. Your characters could still be foreigners who were embraced during their time there, but I honestly don't wanna limit your characters that much if you have other stuff in mind.
    The next best option would probably be a North American city since a lot of the World of Darkness themes were developed with that setting in mind, so I feel like it helps me when dealing with a culture I'm not totally familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmal View Post
    I could work with that. Hope there's not much difference if you have V20 rules?
    I usually go with V20 rules but core V3 lore. V20 expands way too much and a lot of stuff loses some flavor. If you want something from V20 lore (like special bloodlines) we might have to discuss more detailed aspects of your background. As a general guideline I prefer avoiding characters who are made unique by their clan or other special phenomenon rather than a complex, layered personality. Not saying that it can't be both tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Talespin View Post
    Interested in a game like that. It could be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaryn View Post
    I could definitely work with that 🙂
    What are everyone's thoughts on our possible setting?
    Last edited by danieldangelo; 2020-05-31 at 11:06 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly, the idea of playing in Rio is kind of interesting ... however if you feel more comfortable playing in a North American city that works too. As someone who hasn't lived in the United States, any city we do play in I will likely treat it like a cinematic version of the city, not entirely accurate, but hitting the broad strokes of the city.

Personally I am hoping for a setting where we are exploring the politics of the Camarilla and avoid major conflicts with either Werewolves or Sabbat. I feel in games like that, you tend to devolve into blood-fuelled superheroics ... so I am looking for intrigue and paranoia, not knowing who to trust and trying to establish a power base when we are the little fish in a big pond filled with cold dead-eyed sharks.

I would like to figure out a way in which the players, despite clan differences, can trust one another. We may not agree with one another, may have some rivalries, but despite friction, when push comes to shoves and our enemies come for us that stuff fades away and we circle the wagons with every intention of having each other's backs.

So, I would like to see a setting maybe in Toronto or New York ... and I would like to see the characters perhaps abandoned by their mentors, and taken in under a common Mentor in the city, so we are something of an adoptive family. Hopefully less than 10 years experience as Vampire's, so still liable under the accounting in that our actions impact on our Mentor.

And mechanically I am fine with V20 ... likely going Gangrel or Brujah.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

I want to add my name to the recruitment pile.

Ideally playing a Tremere hacker. Details would have to follow once there's more game information. :)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I would love to play a seer type Malk. Perhaps why the mentor took me in cause I see things.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

@everyone
    If you're interested, please submit a brief prelude concerning your character and your Sire
    Also your personal opinion on which city this should happen
    Classic world of darkness, around 2010.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

An idea I have been floating is that a young Gangrel, struggling to control the Beast Within, essentially went to multiple different addiction groups, to cope with her desire for blood. In one of those groups she met a young man, a recovering addict, who was struggling, but overcoming his addiction. Ultimately this young man becomes the Gangrel's touchstone, he, of course notices the quiet girl in the group, and talks to her, engages her, and in the end begins to develop feelings for her. Unable to break the Masquerade, she brushes him off, but not before giving the young man her cell number, saying if he ever needs anything, she will be there to help.

Caught up in a bad situation, with some criminal elements from his past, he ends up a driver for an armed robbery, something monumentally stupid, like a high stakes poker game between old mafia lieutenants or something. The job goes south, and he ends up getting shot, ditches the car, his friends, and bleeding, in an alley, with cappo muscle closing in, he calls his old flame, if only to be with someone as he dies.

She shows up in time to kill his attackers, and get him out of there, but this, her touchstone, is going to die, so she embraces him. The game would pick up about ten years in, hopefully, so new, but not entirely, and the relationship between his sire and himself will have soured, as now the recovered addict must deal with an addiction a thousand times worse, the beast, the rage, and the precious, precious, blood.

So a somewhat vicious relationship with his Sire, some resentment, likely loyalty purchased through a bond. At ten years from his mortal death, he'd still have living relatives, I'm thinking a father, a younger sister. He'll probably be a Gulf War vet, maybe an estranged wife and son. He was homeless a while got a job working as a driver for a mortuary.

In the end I'll like take influence and some control over the mortuary's crematorium, so he's the go to neonate for getting rid of accidents for kindred in the city.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danieldangelo View Post
    @everyone
    If you're interested, please submit a brief prelude concerning your character and your Sire
    Also your personal opinion on which city this should happen
    Classic world of darkness, around 2010.
    Spoiler: Conrad 'Bit' Constantinos, Tremere Technoshaman
    Show
    How it was, Conrad reminisced, the /elSec brothers had five years as top hackers, which was a decent run. Most ended up caught before that, or joined organized crime managing stables of phishers and script kiddies. Bit (Conrad) and Legba (Manuel), in their heat of youth and glory, deployed on an extended pass through the sparsely defended regions of cyberspace belonging to the Third World.

Silicon doesn't wear out, /elSec reasoned - microchips and software are immortal. But they do grow obsolete. This was a grim and accepted fact for Bit, like death and taxes. And in fact he usually worried more about keeping his gear at the cutting edge than about death (he was twenty-five) or taxes (he paid a cut to the money laundering firm in Kiev). Tracing the end points of unsold and salvaged hardware, the brothers found a number of very poor places struggling with the nascent digital economy. They punched through a network of gateways into Zambia and smaller countries, and felt like Scrooge cruising through a pool of gold. Each individual coin wasn't worth that much, but you could just open your pockets wide and go... A week later, fattened up on the cream of millions of tiny bank accounts and corporate transactions, they retired, leaving behind numerous ruined careers and a governmental chaos caused by the leakage of secret intelligence.

Legba sat on the balcony of their apartment for two years, ingesting designer drugs and pondering the cosmos. Bit entertained himself cracking games and writing exploits for the black market. Both dabbled in occultism - the favorite pastime of the bored well-to-dos. It was there, between the recipes for school grade good luck charms and the records of mayor's orgies that they found Trials of the Labyrinth. A chain of servers, that hooked two hackers on their curiosity, and pulled them through a rigorous gauntlet of increasingly esoteric security challenges. It twisted and warped as if the system itself was alive and sentient, but it wasn't good enough. It took three months, but /elSec beat the trials. A day later they've got a visit.

The visitors flashbanged the apartment and dragged them off to some basement. Bit didn't remember the next week very well. They were throughly checked, interrogated, and drilled on every aspect of their life and career. They were quizzed on everything from processor interrupts to angles of the seals in Key of Solomon. In the end, a deep cheerful voice deemed them "worthy". House Tremere, the voice explained, had to get on with the times. Yes, they could hire outside technicians. Yes, he, Lucas, the Regent of this Chantry, could make a deal with the gods in Net. But there was no replacement for the in-house quality. They would be his children. And no, they were not getting a choice in this matter.

I don't have any preference city-wise - I'm European, so both Rio and New York are equally foreign to me. If Rio is more comfortable to you, then it seems like a better choice in my opinion.
    Last edited by Mahasamatman; 2020-06-05 at 04:01 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

If ZeroPrime is going for a Gangrel, I might opt for a Brujah journalist. Rio and New York are also equally unknown to me, so if you favour Rio I would go with that one.

Current idea is that the character would have come to Rio to cover a riot or other political activity which resulted in a bit of a government crackdown. He would have got caught in the event and the passion displayed in trying to fight back against the authorities and get the story out caught the eye of his soon-to-be sire.

After getting knocked out by a rifle butt, he woke up in a back alley just as his sire's fangs were coming out, resulting in a rather terrifying embrace. This was all about five years ago. He's stayed in Rio as traveling with his resources is pretty difficult, and at least he had been introduced to kindred society here.

However, although the social structure provides him with some safety, he is struck by the massive inequalities inherent in the system. He would love to improve the rights of younger kindred in the Camarilla / in Rio (including his, unsurprisingly). His sire has anarch sympathies and isn't adverse to this - in fact they rather enjoy stirring the pot and getting him riled up.

I'll write all this up in a little more detail, but that is the basic concept.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Character Submission: Anjela Vasquez, Brujah Gang Leader.

Quick-Sketch: leaning on the fact that even the scrubbiest Vampire is orders of magnitude more powerful than any human, this is a Vampire playing Big Fish in a Little Pond. She's tough, she's smart, she wants more, and her kindred powers finally giver her the means to have it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anjela was your more-or-less typical wayward youth, from the wrong side of the tracks, grown up in and around and next to poverty and insanity and violence and all the various woes and pains implied thereby. She was smart. And driven. And willing to work hard. But she just got dealt a hand in life too far down the tubes to do anything with. Her only options were: single mother who worked at Walmart or (if she really hustled) drug dealer's girlfriend. She was just a statistic. There was no indication she would ever be anything but.

THEN.

The mid-level drug dealer she'd been courting got Embraced as one tiny part of some distant intrigue, and he (Arthur Morales) then Embraced her, more or less out of curiosity. He taught her what he himself was taught, and so she learned the basics of her new state. But then Arthur got to thinking he was more than he was, took a wrong step, and wound up before the Prince, and Saw the Sun soon after.

Leaving little Anjela all by her lone. Which was fine with her.

By Kindred standards, she was basically a mortal with extra features. But by the standards of the circles she traveled in, she was A GOD. She could get up from gunshots. She was superhumanly fast. Superhumanly strong. She had a magnetism that made her impossible to oppose. Her body produced a compound that MADE MEN FALL IN LOVE WITH HER FOREVER.

So now she has a gang. A small gang, but growing. And she's becoming a legend in the streets. Her little coterie moves some drugs. Takes a little protection money. Tries to give back to her community.

All she wants in life is for the other Vampire (or maybe there's more than one?) to leave her alone. Forever.
    If you need me to address something as a moderator, please include a link.

Tarot-Mage-atar by Cuthalion, long may they reign.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Two Brujah, a Gangrel and a Tremere ... that is an odd mix. Brujah & Gangrel could easily go Anarch ... less so with Tremere. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, Tremere anarchs exist. Especially when it's Clan over Sect ;)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose, though I usually throw Ventrue, Toreador and Tremere into the pro-Camarilla section ... but that's me an old school VtM player, my character is an inexperienced gangrel newb who hates his mentor and wants to break the blood bond. Hell, breaking the bond could be a reason why he is buddying up with a Tremere ... heh.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Hmm... Actually a Nosferatu might work just as well as a journalist...

EDIT: I might remove myself from consideration from this. It's very tempting, but a lot of my brain power is taken up with the Mage game I'm currently playing.
    Last edited by Jaryn; 2020-06-04 at 04:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Bump. Hopefully this is still on.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Hey question for the original poster time line are we pre or post the assimites joining the cam

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Zero Prime, @Mahasamatman, @truemane, @Jaryn
    Sorry for taking too long. As my other game is still in the beginning, I wanted to give it some time before elaborating on this chronicle to make sure I'd not get overwhelmed. As it seems, I still got plenty of spare time.
    Great job on your backgrounds. I liked your ideas and they're all well fitting, I'd enjoy having you as players. We could now discuss some hooks and plots around your characters that would lead to our chronicle, how do you feel about that? If that's the case maybrban ooc thread might be a good option. I think a good starting point would be defining your character's short and long term goals, so we can build a narrative around their personal objectives

Hey question for the original poster time line are we pre or post the assimites joining the cam

I'd rather keep the V3 cWoD lore with independent assamites and camarilla gangrel. Use clan over concept if you wanna be sure your character is making sense, but concept over clan usually leads to more unique characters. Many independent vampires would rather be seen as ally by the camarilla.
    Last edited by danieldangelo; 2020-06-09 at 12:02 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

I think a good starting point would be defining your character's short and long term goals.
    I'd like to emphasize that none of this is set in stone, and is modifiable to fit the needs of the chronicle and match up with the other players better.
    I want my character to have Path of Spirit Manipulation (V20 Rites of Blood) as their thaumaturgic path, as I'm going for a Count Zero-esque netshaman feel. Hopefully this is okay with you.

Short term goals:
    * Gain status in the kindred society. It's not easy being green a neonate, and getting some respect would be swell.
    * Gain status in the spirit world. Important thing for a shaman, even a techno one.
    * Help coterie members. Bit knows well how important it is to have reliable friends in the shady business, so he wants to cement his status as one.

Long term goals:
    * Climb the ranks of the Tremere chantry.
    * Find a good mentor. Vampires are cut-throat, and Bit needs someone looking out for him.
    * Keep his brother out of trouble.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahasamatman View Post
    I'd like to emphasize that none of this is set in stone, and is modifiable to fit the needs of the chronicle and match up with the other players better.
    I want my character to have Path of Spirit Manipulation (V20 Rites of Blood) as their thaumaturgic path, as I'm going for a Count Zero-esque netshaman feel. Hopefully this is okay with you.

Short term goals:
    * Gain status in the kindred society. It's not easy being green a neonate, and getting some respect would be swell.
    * Gain status in the spirit world. Important thing for a shaman, even a techno one.
    * Help coterie members. Bit knows well how important it is to have reliable friends in the shady business, so he wants to cement his status as one.

Long term goals:
    * Climb the ranks of the Tremere chantry.
    * Find a good mentor. Vampires are cut-throat, and Bit needs someone looking out for him.
    * Keep his brother out of trouble.
    I'm totally onboard with your path, I'm currently not exactly familiar with the concept but I like the direction it might take. Sounds like things can get pretty... messy with those spirits. Might draw the attention of someone who needs a messy job done.

Your character might take good advantage of introducing himself to the community in Elysium if he's comfortable with visibility. It's also possible for him to take a low profile and find out within the clan the opportunity to do a favor to someone who could put him in a better position. I admit that sounds awfully generic but maybe we could polish this up by defining more clearly his relationship with the chantry and with House Tremere in general. Were he introduced to other kindred within House Tremere? Does he maintain a relationship with his Sire? How old as a vampire would you wanna play this chronicle?

20. - Top - End - #50

As written, Anjela's backstory is vague on whether or not she was an 'authorized' Siring and whether she was ever formally presented to Elysium. Having her be off-the-books might be too much for a group story, but maybe she was presented, and then her Sire got smooches and she's just been on her own and sort of forgotten.

Her main long term goal is to stay away from all vampires and all vampire related tings forever and ever and ever. She would have a whole host of short term goals for her mortal life which wouldn't concern us much (most of which are about the balance of being ruthless enough to take and hold territory but not so ruthless that she loses her humanity and connection to the community).

So what I think would work well for her is if she had a close connection to one of the other PC's, and/or and NPC. So she can be called away from her 'normal' life to assist a friend/repay a favour/whatever works. And then, as she gets exposed to more Vampire things, her goals will grow from there.

I'm all the way invested in having her be a part of all the things, so I really just need the flimsiest of excuses. I just like the idea that, the whole time they're doing their Important Kindred Business she's mostly worried about stupid mundane human things.

Can I ask what 'kind' of games this is likely to be? Do your VtM games have a lot of fighting? Is there a lot of interpersonal interaction? Is there 'space' in the story for PC's to touch base with the parts of their lives that don't involve the main story directly? Like, if Anjela had a sister, say. Would her sister be involved enough to worry about writing her down? And not in a 'bad guy kidnaps her' kind of way. But a 'has a big test can't afford college boss is a jerk' kind of way?

Does that make sense? I have an unfortunate history of making characters for one kind of game, and then it turns out I'm in another (best example: I made a Mage once with a large extended family and all these local resources and contacts and plot-hjooks, and then, first scene, we all teleported to the Himalayas).

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by truemane View Post
    So what I think would work well for her is if she had a close connection to one of the other PC's, and/or and NPC.
    I feel like you are posing yourself dangerously into "lone wolf" territory, but hey, if you can make it work with the GM - who am I to argue.

I have (briefly) skimmed Anjela's backstory, and our characters could have a connection. Conrad/Bit was a criminal before he broke big, so there's a level of "street" to him. So maybe he used to work with your gang whenever they needed some tech support.

I'm totally onboard with your path, I'm currently not exactly familiar with the concept but I like the direction it might take. Sounds like things can get pretty... messy with those spirits. Might draw the attention of someone who needs a messy job done.

Your character might take good advantage of introducing himself to the community in Elysium if he's comfortable with visibility. It's also possible for him to take a low profile and find out within the clan the opportunity to do a favor to someone who could put him in a better position. I admit that sounds awfully generic but maybe we could polish this up by defining more clearly his relationship with the chantry and with House Tremere in general. Were he introduced to other kindred within House Tremere? Does he maintain a relationship with his Sire? How old as a vampire would you wanna play this chronicle?
    I imagine my character would be Mental > Social > Physical, so he'd be decently comfortable with an Elysium introduction. Perhaps we could start with that. I'm imagining a fairly young vampire, five-ish years. Not totally wet, but most time spent cramming in the chantry. So, very familiar with his clan, not so much with the outside. And I'd say yes to the "relationship with his Sire". Having the sire present in the story would be a breath of fresh air.
    I don't mind the generic. It wouldn't be generic to me - never done an Elysium introduction outside of "Coteries of New York" video game.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Name is Malcom Anderson, born 3rd borne of 5. My family owned several companies that where bought buy bigger companies and now no one ever has to work. I was always the weird kid. Now a days we call it High functioning Autistic. I got the best grades and was introduced to Uncle John. After College he groomed me taught me his ways taught me that clean and orderly is the way to go. About 10 years ago I was embraced and recently introduced to kindred society.
    Clan Malk
    Would prefer America but donít really care
    Last edited by Talespin; 2020-06-09 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Mistake

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rio by Night setting
    Here are some keywords or concepts to illustrate the mood of the World of Darkness in Rio.
    Spoiler: setting concepts
    Show

• Fine suits in tropical heat
    • Golden teeth
    • Firearms
    • Cars, cars CARS!!!
    • Terrible stories about terrible nights
    • Expensive clubs by the beach
    • "You're a ****ing Red ****in' around our area?"
    • Kidnappings
    • Accdents and "accidents"
    • Customized guns, old cars
    • Bets
    • Rival organised crime factions disputing territory
    • Dangerous loan sharks
    • "Yeah, they took my kidney, man"
    • More, more and more
    • Deals in cash
    • Illegal street vendors
    • Militiamen in the government
    • Foreign branded clothing
    • Fishnet massive car theft in traffic
    • Supply chains
    • Penthouse drug dens

As written, Anjela's backstory is vague on whether or not she was an 'authorized' Siring and whether she was ever formally presented to Elysium. Having her be off-the-books might be too much for a group story, but maybe she was presented, and then her Sire got smooches and she's just been on her own and sort of forgotten.
    It sounds good, I don't think it would be a problem if she was illegally embraced, but what exactly came of it? Isn't Sire around anymore? Someone leaked the information? Is this a Bloodlines fledgling situation?

Her main long term goal is to stay away from all vampires and all vampire related tings forever and ever and ever. She would have a whole host of short term goals for her mortal life which wouldn't concern us much (most of which are about the balance of being ruthless enough to take and hold territory but not so ruthless that she loses her humanity and connection to the community).

So what I think would work well for her is if she had a close connection to one of the other PC's, and/or and NPC. So she can be called away from her 'normal' life to assist a friend/repay a favour/whatever works. And then, as she gets exposed to more Vampire things, her goals will grow from there.

I'm all the way invested in having her be a part of all the things, so I really just need the flimsiest of excuses. I just like the idea that, the whole time they're doing their Important Kindred Business she's mostly worried about stupid mundane human things.
    This chronicle should stay pretty street-leveled so maybe it won't feel like she's messing with "The World of Darkness" until too late, I guess it would fit her goals in terms of motivation?

Can I ask what 'kind' of games this is likely to be? Do your VtM games have a lot of fighting? Is there a lot of interpersonal interaction? Is there 'space' in the story for PC's to touch base with the parts of their lives that don't involve the main story directly? Like, if Anjela had a sister, say. Would her sister be involved enough to worry about writing her down? And not in a 'bad guy kidnaps her' kind of way. But a 'has a big test can't afford college boss is a jerk' kind of way?

Does that make sense? I have an unfortunate history of making characters for one kind of game, and then it turns out I'm in another (best example: I made a Mage once with a large extended family and all these local resources and contacts and plot-hjooks, and then, first scene, we all teleported to the Himalayas).
    I totally understand why you're asking this. Ultimately it depends on the characters. I don't believe the storyteller's job is offering some sort of "main quest" for the characters to "hop in" but instead introducing mystery (and overall establishing Jyhad) by intertwining their backgrounds and weaving the story elements.
    That being said, I usually value tense dialogue scenes, moments where kindred can say the right thing in the right time. "Social events" are usually great background for characters to be able to approach npcs, interact with the world and exchange favors (overall establishing Jyhad). They offer crowded ballrooms and dark corridors, hectic dance floors and creepy alleys, and allow for a whole night to take place around an event. I'm not against action scenes, but they're usually sparse in the games I run. Of course the fact that my friends all make coward silvertongue characters also contribute a lot but hey, you live forever if no one kills you, so why risk it. Mostly, as I said, it will depend on your characters and how they interact with the world. I can enjoy a good chaos here and there.

Spoiler
    Show
    The best action-focused VtM sessions I had were actually a spin off about their characters' ghouls doing reckless (usually violent) tasks for their maters. Just picture a bunch of overfed brujah ghouls frenzying in a shootout with the police.

I have (briefly) skimmed Anjela's backstory, and our characters could have a connection. Conrad/Bit was a criminal before he broke big, so there's a level of "street" to him. So maybe he used to work with your gang whenever they needed some tech support.
    If her gang is moving a lot of drugs they might have to fool the feds sometime. Digital security and stuff like that.

I imagine my character would be Mental > Social > Physical, so he'd be decently comfortable with an Elysium introduction. Perhaps we could start with that. I'm imagining a fairly young vampire, five-ish years. Not totally wet, but most time spent cramming in the chantry. So, very familiar with his clan, not so much with the outside. And I'd say yes to the "relationship with his Sire". Having the sire present in the story would be a breath of fresh air.
    I don't mind the generic. It wouldn't be generic to me - never done an Elysium introduction outside of "Coteries of New York" video game.
    Sounds great, we can come up with some sort of event that would attract him, from gala events to cartel meetings.
    Edit: iirc your chatacter is pretty rich? Sponsorship might be appreciated too, some Finances rolls could make things interesting

Edit:
    Name is Malcom Anderson, born 3rd borne of 5. My family owned several companies that where bought buy bigger companies and now no one ever has to work. I was always the weird kid. Now a days we call it High functioning Autistic. I got the best grades and was introduced to Uncle John. After College he groomed me taught me his ways taught me that clean and orderly is the way to go. About 10 years ago I was embraced and recently introduced to kindred society.
    Clan Malk
    Would prefer America but donít really care
    Sorry I missed your post. There's nothing wrong with the idea but I'm not really seeing a character yet. If you're writting a malk it needs way more psychological depth.
    Last edited by danieldangelo; 2020-06-10 at 03:05 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Busy week at the office so far, so I haven't been able to sit down and give the character more thought ... I will read up on Brazil and work on porting my concept to something that fits more natural into Rio. Concept will likely remain the same, but I will just tweak it so he is a Brazillian national, and I would like to read up on their military and work the story from there.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: c/WoD Rio by Night

Sorry I will give you more

He was always the weird kid collecting rare weird stuff. Talking to ghost and the voices in his heads. He always liked things neat and orderly. He was able to get away with it cause his parents had money. The best tutors always the best of everything they gave into his every whim. The voices turned into full blown Scio, the neat and orderly turned into the obsessive compulsive with order and cleanliness being key. And his being spoiled lead to him believing he is better then everyone else. Flaw Over confident.

The character concept is procurer if rare things. He has his hands in everything and wishes to grow that. He he also knows that no one gets more powerful without friends and enemies.

Also since we are doing Rio figure my guy is the kid of one of the drug kingpins around

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

So here's what I got so far:

Spoiler: intel
    Show
    "yo f*ckface think u can mess w f*ckin rh
    w/out"
    text. 6:02 am. 06/06/2012

"Are you insane, man? Here, you have to go. Damn, you should have already vanished at this point. I'll get you a car. Leave everything behind, do you understand? Don't f*cking mess that up. Answer me as soon as you can."
    voicemail transcript. 12:19 pm. 06/06/2012

"gone mia uh?"
    text. 9:32 pm. 06/06/2012
    attached photo: a masked man holds an adult woman tied up as a hostage; he points an AK-47 at her in front of a couple of other equally well-armed young men; the woman looks untouched; they are in some kind of living room where many pieces of afro-brazilian religious decoration can be seen on the wall, but most of the room is out of frame.

"As I mentioned in our previous conversation, one "Edward Redhand"'s activities could come to create some... delicate situations regarding one of my matters of personal interest. Hopefully that's all I'll have to say about this.
    That being said, make it your next priority to have someone checking on this Alex subject. I can't have him out of my radar like this."
    piece of letter to a certain kindred.

Your characters should have both personal interest and the opportunity to receive a boon for getting involved in this feud. You'd be free to approach the situation however you prefer while dealing with some time pressure. Finding this Alex kindred would be our main hook and your characters would get have that intel as leads (we can work out how they got that info but it was probably handed over to them).

@truemane
    Anjela's gang could profit a lot from shutting down Redhand's drug den (and then maybe claiming it?) and we could have their gangs being affiliated to rival factions.

@mahasamatman
    I figured the last piece of intel could be actually a letter addressed to a specific Tremere regent. Beign pressured to return a favor but unwilling to spend many resources, she'd decide that the youngest neonate from her chantry could fit the requirements. You might be let known that RH is close to candomblť priests and this miiiight have some connection with spiritual activity.

(Tho none of these are requirements, just to make sure)

@everyone If you're feeling unsure about your character ideas feel free to pm me

* I took the liberty of translating some names (Jo„o to John, Eduardo to Edward) to ease the reading tho some others like Josť or Iara were left untranslated since they're more common to north-american and european players or their name have some meaning to the character's concept. Feel free to name your characters however you want - it's punk goth after all, governments are more obscure and there are guys like "MortyXxX" around.

Aesthetics/mood reference:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by danieldangelo; 2020-06-13 at 10:10 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

I think we should get an OOC thread at this point and get to chargen? 13th gen you said?
    :)

28. - Top - End - #58

Without getting all Precious Snowflake on everyone, I don't believe I have the time or energy to do enough research on Rio to have fun playing there.

I will have to respectfully, and with some regret, withdraw from the game.

My apologies. And thank you for your efforts thus far.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Without getting all Precious Snowflake on everyone, I don't believe I have the time or energy to do enough research on Rio to have fun playing there.

I will have to respectfully, and with some regret, withdraw from the game.

My apologies. And thank you for your efforts thus far.
    You don't need to do research on Rio. Even then, this doesn't even need to take place in Rio thogh I haven't even mentioned any Rio-specific aspect, its basically just a background metropolitan city for stuff we already know. Even then, we should choose a city that's interesting for the applicants and that they're comfortable with. I only went with Rio because everybody said it mostly wouldn't make a difference, but if that's not the case and someone needs a more familiar setting I'd be happy to deliver. Sorry, I thought I made that clear. This recruiting was never "fill requirements or go away" kind but the opposite, if you as a player feels like you would be able to build a stronger narrative if this was set somewhere else, that's enough reasons for us to just change it.
    Last edited by danieldangelo; 2020-06-14 at 03:38 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I would love New York. Also I sent you another pm