New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Harley Quinn is a Barbarian with a great club

convince me otherwise.
    May I borrow some bat guano? It's for a spell...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Harley Quinn is a Barbarian with a great club

Quote Originally Posted by FabulousFizban View Post
    convince me otherwise.
    I don't wanna.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot
    If statistics are the concern for game balance I can't think of a more worthwhile person for you to discuss it with, LudicSavant has provided this forum some of the single most useful tools in probability calculations and is a consistent source of sanity checking for this sort of thing.
    An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | Monster Resistance Data

Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones

3. - Top - End - #3

EvilClericGuy

Barbarian/rogue. And I'm pretty sure it's a maul.
    It's Eberron, not ebberon.
    It's not high magic, it's wide magic.
    And it's definitely not steampunk. The only time steam gets involved is when the fire and water elementals break loose.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

While Harley's club (big mallet, baseball bat, etc) is a GREAT club, I would not assume it was a great club. There are many times when she wields the club one handed (just like there are many times she opts to use two hands). So I would ascribe it as a one handed club with a versatile property (and occasionally a hidden bomb ready to level Gotham).

Is Harley Quinn a Barbarian? Well she is a professional physiatrist with a MD & PHD (her job requires an MD and the sources often say PHD). While she rarely applies that talent for self reflection, there are numerous times we see her skill displayed. This lends me to believe she has some Expertise in the matter. I think we can all agree that she is a human, so the Prodigy feat is available for 1 Expertise, but that raises 2 questions: 1 Was Harley a Prodigy or just a professional? and 2 Does a MD represent multiple Expertises?

Now for physical abilities Harley Quinn demonstrates high strength (for a human) and high dexterity (for a DC character). This lends to her having higher Dex than Str but both are high enough to not contradict Barbarian. This is complicated even further because her world does not have a Dex/Str binary for attacks.

In summary: Maybe, but maybe she is a Human Rogue with an MD and a versatile club.

5. - Top - End - #5

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by OldTrees1 View Post
    While Harley's club (big mallet, baseball bat, etc) is a GREAT club, I would not assume it was a great club. There are many times when she wields the club one handed (just like there are many times she opts to use two hands). So I would ascribe it as a one handed club with a versatile property (and occasionally a hidden bomb ready to level Gotham).

*Snip*

In summary: Maybe, but maybe she is a Human Rogue with an MD and a versatile club.
    Isn't versatile club a quarterstaff?
    It's Eberron, not ebberon.
    It's not high magic, it's wide magic.
    And it's definitely not steampunk. The only time steam gets involved is when the fire and water elementals break loose.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Nah, she's a bard, because we know that all bards are clowns.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JackPhoenix View Post
    Isn't versatile club a quarterstaff?
    Same stats but you grab it differently.
    Last edited by OldTrees1; 2020-05-27 at 02:04 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

SwashbucklerGuy

What about having her be a Kensai Monk/Rogue?

That way you can have her swing around a war-hammer with her high dexterity score.

Monk means a high Wisdom score, which extends into expertise in Insight & Medicine (as to capture her training). Either Mastermind or Inquisitive work for her.

So, maybe a build like: V. Human Rogue 2/Kensai Monk 5/Rogue 1?
    Last edited by Zonugal; 2020-05-27 at 02:32 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zonugal View Post
    What about having her be a Kensai Monk/Rogue?

That way you can have her swing around a war-hammer with her high dexterity score.

Monk means a high Wisdom score, which extends into expertise in Insight & Medicine (as to capture her training). Either Mastermind or Inquisitive work for her.

So, maybe a build like: V. Human Rogue 2/Kensai Monk 5/Rogue 1?
    Harley doesnt strike me as a high wisdom person, her character is kinda similar to Joker, and both of them are off their rockers. In fact, wisdom should be their dump stat.

Medicine skill should be tied to Intelligence anyway, i dont know why its tied to Wisdom.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FabulousFizban View Post
    convince me otherwise.
    *cough*it'sawarhammer*cough*
    lawful good isn't always lawful nice.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Honestly, I would argue Harley Quinn is a Archfey Tomelock.