New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Recommendations from HBO Max

Well, HBO Max just launched and its library is maybe a bit different than what people expected. It looks like instead of leveraging the entire backlog it's more of a curated set from the non-HBO stuff.

What I find interesting though, is the TCM offerings. Talking with my friends and it's like the old days of Netflix. The Rankin Bass Hobbit cartoon is literally 2 choices away from Hidden Fortress. So, does anyone see anything they're surprised with and think people would like?

Mine is would be, if you're in a certain mood and like movie history, giving Battleship Potemkin a watch.
    Oh, and Loony Toons theatrical short collection is a deep ocean of nostalgia. They... colorized some of the Merry Melodies shorts it looks like.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2020-05-27 at 05:35 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Recommendations from HBO Max

Cant wait to watch Tenet.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

Doctor Who (at least the modern ones) appears to have moved there, so we've been watching that - starting back from 9, just finished "Dalek."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

There is a lot of DC animated stuff. Both the old animated stuff like Batman the Animated Series, the new good stuff like Harley Quinn, and the new meh stuff but you might as well watch once such as the 20 or so DC animated movies.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele