Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: [ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine] Heroes of Greycove City

@everyone: Please keep backstory to a few paragraphs at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal-Heart View Post
    Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

For the first few years of his life Voedrid was a gatherer with his friend Ceta. From young he and all the other children were taught to be quite and careful because the savage beasts are dangerous. Moving from cave to cave he saw big teethed animals that rowled. Giant horned beasts that charged and were able to destroy multiple trees at once. Horned furry beasts that trumpeted loudly in herds. At 7 years old the older men started taking him out on hunts to pick off smaller beasts as Ceta went with the older women to learn how to weave baskets and nets.
    A few years pass as Voedrid is silently stalking a smaller beast with tiny horns on its head he sees a bright in the sky. Looking up a line of green is heading to the ground. As it hit a loud boom sounded out throughout the entire forest. Scaring his pretty along with others. Voedrid was tempted to run as well. But he went against his instincts curious as to what can make the beasts flee. The run over taking longer then expected he arrives at a crater that’s pulsating green energy. In the center is a black stone. His instincts scream ‘Run away’ but he shoves them down and slowly approach the stone.
    He reaches out to pick it up but as soon as his hands touch it; It starts turning into the same black stone! He tries pulling away his hand but it’s fastened onto the rock as the stone travels up his arm he yells internally to himself urging his body to let go and run away. He doesn’t want to die to this dumb rock! The longer he fought the more it spread. As his desperation grew the green energy in his surroundings merged together with his body filling it with power and life. Stopping the stone from moving further on his body and even returning his body back to normal. Pale faced he starts backing away from the crater while looking for the black stone which seemed to vanish. Retreating as fast as he could he returns back to his tribes cave.
    A few years pass Voedrid now is the strongest hunter in the village. As well as one of their best protectors. As he was able to fight off a long to other rowler singlehanded! Every time he got clawed on or chomped on his body started to heal quickly making it impossible to keep him down. Eventually he managed to pierce its heart killing it. Winning his tribes praise as well as Ceta’s fancy. Eventually their friendship blossomed into something more.
    After coming back from hunting a long toothed rowler he saw a giant horned one rampaging in his tribe not fearing for his life he charged at it wielding his stone spear the best he could barely even making it bleed. The pain however drew its attention with a snort and a stomp it charged at Voedrid his horn piercing straight through his body. As it tried to shake off his body off his horn. Unfortunately for him Voedrid clung on. Using his spear he kept stabbing its eyes causing it to roar in frenzy and pain. Slamming his Voedrid on rocks and trees even the ground in hopes of getting this pesky creature away from him. Refusing to let go Voedrid eventually managed to pierce through the entire eye into its brain killing it. Weakly his pulls himself off the now dead beasts horn causing his blood to dye the ground red. He looks around for Ceta. Seeing her help some of the villagers he walks to her. When a loud snap sound encores throughout the valley their currently in.
    Looking upwards towards the sound Voedrid sees the snow of the mountain falling rapidly towards him and his tribe. Rushing towards Ceta the fastest his weaken body allows he tries reaching out towards her. Sadly it wasn’t meant to be as the snow slams into his back and wash over his tribe burying them deep in the mountain of snow..
    - - - - - -

A long time passes as Voedrid slowly opens his eyes. He can’t move it’s cold..he falls asleep.
    Awakening again he still feels the cold but less he tries to move but can’t as the cold sleeps into his bones again sending him too sleep.
    As the thousands upon thousands of years he awakes and falls asleep his body tries to fight off its need for food and water and even air...the green energy in his body keeps spiraling and repairing the damage the cold is doing to his body. While making it so he doesn’t have to eat or even breathe anymore.
    As countless ages pass Voedrid is able to stay awake for a few days at a time. Rethinking his life wondering if Ceta might have made it. Wondering if he will ever be able to move again. Rethinking and rewatching his memories as time passes he rests...
    - - - - -
    Voedrid is opens his eyes that have long grew deep and distant throughout the millennia that pasted by as water flows through a stream. He awakes to see him in a strange cave. Lots of flashing colors as things in snow colored suits make a strange whirring sound. Something tries to dig into his arm but after the beasts he has fought his skin toughened making that small shiny rock not go through. Voedrid tries to move but is still encased in the ice that surrounds him. *drip drip* His eyes widens as he hears the sound of when spring is coming and winter is going away. The ice is finally melting. A wave of happiness sets throughout his body followed by a sharp burning sensation of his arm. Turning his eyes towards the pain he sees a red glow fading from a weird stone thing along with a part of his skin that was pulled from the hole.

‘The snowed ones must be a new type of beast!’ Voedrid thought seeing as they were ‘eating’ a part of him. ‘Just wait till I get out I’ll hunt you down then find my tribe!’ Suffering through the pain for hours as the ice melts he finally feels like he can move. With a beastly roar that’s built up for a million years he breaks out of the ice and returned!
    Charging at the red eye stone that’s been biting into his fleas for hours he swings his arms at it breaking it into pieces as he charges a snowed one who runs out of the weird cave then a shiny rock falls into place. Voedrid swings his arms at it denting it with each swing. Trying to break out of this cave. After another few mighty blows he breaks open the cave and step into a new area of the Bright cave. He hears clinking sounds as he sees what looks like it could be black stone men carrying lots objects.
    [email protected]*$! &@#*!(Stop! Halt!)” They shout at his not knowing what they are trying to say he looks around seeing he is surround he tries to run past them. “(I said stop! Men fire!) [email protected]*$ @$&#@!” Voedrid feels pain on his skin and sees burnt marks forming on his skin. Quickly assessing what is going on he growls and charges the black stoned men swinging his fist into them they cough of blood. More come in and shoot him with some kind of hair shooting object? Then his body started convulsing on the ground as it felt like little bugs were crawling around his skin! As he tries to regain motion his face is on the floor as he feels cold rocks being clamped onto his arms and legs binding him again as they drag him into another sealed off cave...
    As he opens his eyes he tries to move. Feeling that he can’t deep rage courses throughout his body. He thoughts going back to all the time he spent in ice. The rage boils more recalling the meteor and how much power in contain he takes a deep breath filled with his rage the green energy moves and he roars. A green blast escaping his mouth destroying the metal caves surrounding him. His rage fueling his muscles he snaps though his binding and charges through the cave destroying any wall in site. Eventually he comes out of the cave and sees clear blue skies...
    The pain of loneliness and missing freedom comes back to him as tears fall down his face he hears sounds coming from the sky. Looking upwards he sees flying stone beasts in the air then flashes flying out of them slamming into his skin the force behind them causes him to fly back a few feet landing hard into the ground.
    Standing up his skin feeling burnt he glares at them. Channeling the energy he felt earlier into his hands he throws it like a rock flying straight towards a flying beast causing it to explode. The other two start moving fast in the air causing him not to be able to hit them accurately as he is unused to this power. Thinking for a moment he grins as he wraps his body in the green energy and throws himself at them!
    Arriving at the first beast he sees two men inside with wide eyes and are strangely pale. ‘This beast must have eaten them! Enraged he reaches towards the spinning stone and stopped it tearing off one of the sharp stones he breaks through the beasts shell and grabs the pale men and brings them to the ground. He then throws himself towards the third and quickly destroys the best and rescues another two pale men and brings them with the others.
    Voedrid tries to communicate with them but they just make the same sounds as the black stone men shaking his head at the he throws himself into the sky and decides to look for his tribe himself.
    Days pass until he finds himself in a strange land filled with towering shiny stones. His eyes widen to take in the site he sees a lot of people staring at him strangely. Looking down he is wearing half his furs as the upper part of his body’s fur was blown away by the flying beasts. Deciding he would hunt for more furs later he scans the crowds for familiar faces...
    Wondering around the skies darken. Seeing a large group heading to an underground cave he follows them. Looking around he almost stumbles into the wall of the foul smelling cave as he sees Ceta wearing the weird furs that everyone seems to be wearing. Running over he calls out “Ceta! Ceta!” He loud voice attracting a lot of attention. Including ‘Ceta’. Looking at him strangely as if he is a stranger.
    Voedrid tries to communicate but she just replies with the sounds everyone’s been making. Saddened he slumps to the ground. ‘Ceta’ starts speaking to him again looking up he sees her pointing at a shiny beast glowing down the tunnel stepping in front of ‘Ceta’ he prepares to fight it. But seeing no one panicking he looks at ‘Ceta’ who is putting her hand of her face.
    After following her onto the weird beast he enters her sweet smelling cave. As she slowly tries talking with him. Over the course of a few days he began to learn about this ‘Modern world’ and that luckily ‘Ceta’ is an Elementary school teacher. He begins to learn.

Spoiler: Image
    Show

Sorry for the bad grammar/dumb way of talking cavemen don’t really have that much vocabulary xD also took way longer then 20 minutes. Almost 2 and a half hours o.o

Edit cut it off a bit early though but I think I dragged it on for a long enough time lol
    That is... long. I get the general gist of caveman gained powers from alien rock, frozen in ice, thawed out in modern day, and taken in by elementary school teacher. Try to summarize it into a couple of paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    1. What augmentations would say are good for modifying a medusa's petrifying gaze?
    Increase Area can work.

otherwise no there are no such augments, I was just going off what the costs said in the pdf.
    I might have made a mistake somewhere. Which parts says this?

2. depends, can snake hair that extends as long as like spiderman webbing and thus be used to bite people form range as well be considered a "melee weapon"?
    There is an ability called "Extended Limbs" for that.

Otherwise, you might build this as a Move-Solid associated with <poison> damage. Like the Plant Controller prebuild, except that Plant Controller uses thorn vines, and is hence associated with <pierce> damage.

3. okay. just trying out the powers, see how it builds and works and if I'm getting it wrong or right, so if I need correcting, thats fine.
    No problem.

I’ve been trying to make sense of the tables is there a chart I might have skimmed past for blast range or what the skills/moves do? It’s kinda blurring and giving a minor headache lol.
    The range for attacks is described in the Power-Shapes section. Search for "Power-Shapes [Cost 2 TP each]" without the quotes. The Distance is based on ranks from the Table of Ranks. Search for "Table of Ranks" without the quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chengduguy View Post
    For Targeted-Powers, please put the Power-Shape as "Selective-Burst", rather than just "Burst".

Why is she Resistant to <cybernetic> (instead of Immune)?

I'd advice rebalancing her Defences with less Dodge and more Hardness.

It seems odd to immediately suspect the sidekick of murdering the mentor. Especially when the mentor was shot and the sidekick didn't have a gun. But it's workable as it is.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taking me sometime to think of a backstory while I flip back and forth through the rules. I'd like some feedback on how my stats look so far. I'd also like to know how many harm-types are we allowed to put on a targeted power. If it's only one like I'm lead to believe, is it assumed that we'll each at least have one targeted power that inflicts something other than damage? I'd also like to know how targeted powers could be applied outside of combat.

Concept: Dragon Super

HP: 15

Size rank 0
    Shape: Tall
    Melee-Reach: -1
    Base Speed Rank: 0

Spoiler: Template 1/60
    Show

Target-Effects-Types[3 each, 6 total]
    <Atomic>
    <Disintigrate>

Power-Shapes[2 TP each, 4 total]
    Melee-Strike [Free]
    Melee-Flurry
    Single-Shot

Body-Strike Targeted-Power:[ Free]
    Power-Shape: Melee-Strike.
    Harm-Type: Damage
    Resilience-Stat: Durability
    Effect-Type: <Slashing>
    Effect-Rank: 6

Targeted- Powers

Energy Slicer 1
    Power-Shape: Melee-Strike
    Harm-Type: Frail, Damage, Weaken
    Effect Type: <Atomic>
    Effect Rank: 6
    Resilince Stat: Constitution

Channeled Annihilation 2
    Power-Shape: Melee-Strike
    Harm-Type: Frail, Damage, Weaken
    Effect Type: <Disintigrate>
    Effect Rank: 6
    Subtle +1

Resistances and Vulnerabilities

Absorb [6 TP each, 6 TP total]
    <life-energy>

Immunity[4 each, 16]
    <Cybernetic>,
    Metal-Selective>,
    <non-living-selective>,
    <Earth-selective>

Resistance[2 each, 6]
    Resistance to <bludgeon>
    Resistance to <Pierce>
    Resistance to <slash>

Battle Abilities
    Energy to Body - 2
    Energy to Physique - 6
    Mook Sweeper - 1

Movement Abilities

Movement Abilities [8]
    Wing Flight Capable - 4
    Wing flight Adept - 4

Terrestrial-Creature Movement Abilities
    Ground-Capable [Free]]
    Ground-Adept [Free]]
    Climb-Capable [Free]]
    Jump-Capable [Free]]
    Swim-Capable [Free]]

Speed & Movement Ranks
    Ground: 0 Base + 2 Adept = 2
    Climb: Ground Speed - 4 = -2
    Jump Bonus: 0 Size = 0
    Swim: 0 Base + 2 Adept = 2
    Winged-Flight: 0 Base + 2 Adept = 2

Sensory Abilities

Terrestrial-Creature Sensory Abilities [Free]
    Keen Pinpoint Ranged Detect Visible Light [6 TP]
    All-Round Keen Ranged Detect Audible Sound [5 TP]
    All-Round Fine Ranged Detect Smell [4 TP]
    Keen Detect Taste [3 TP]

Obscurement Abilities
    Miscellaneous Abilities

Spoiler: Combat Level(6) 0/60
    Show

Energy 6 -18
    Dodge 5 0
    Deflection 7 -14
    Aiming 10(base) -10
    Homing 0 0
    Hardness 8 -8
    Forcefield 0 0
    Constitution 5 -5
    Willpower 5 -5

=====================
    Derived stats
    =====================
    Power Rank: 6= 6(En) + 0(Si)
    Physique: 6 = 6 (En) /6 * 6(energy to body ranks)
    Strength: = 6(Ph) + 0(Si)
    Carry Cap: 6(Str)
    Reaction Speed: 2 = [10(Ai) + 5(Do) - 10] /2
    Accuracy 10 = 10(Ai) + 0(Ho) - 0(Si)
    Avoidance 12 = 1 5(Do) + 7(De) - 0(Si)
    Durability: 8 = 8(Ha) + 0(Fo)
    Endurance: 5 = [6(Ph) + 5(Co) /2]
    Withstand Disarm: 6 Best of St and Re
    Withstand Grapple: 6 Best of St, Re, Escape Artist
    Withstand Trip: 6 Best of St, Re, Acrobatics

Spoiler: Skills 15/20
    Show

Non-Attribute Skills
    4 Conceal-Power
    My posting may be slowed due to graduation and the job search.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I remember reading on trading a sp lvl for an extra cb level how do I do that?/am I allowed too? Lol.

Edit also are cp tp?

Edit 2.0 I’m planning on trying to make a 15x60~120ft blast do I do line three times? I know I need at least 5 ranks for range but the width is a tad confusing power rank/10?
    Last edited by Eternal-Heart; 2020-06-02 at 05:57 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Taking me sometime to think of a backstory while I flip back and forth through the rules. I'd like some feedback on how my stats look so far. I'd also like to know how many harm-types are we allowed to put on a targeted power.
    Just one.

If it's only one like I'm lead to believe, is it assumed that we'll each at least have one targeted power that inflicts something other than damage?
    Nope. Isn't necessary.

I'd also like to know how targeted powers could be applied outside of combat.
    It depends greatly on scenario. If you have ice powers or Move-Water you might help with putting out fires. If you're super strong and can fly, or have Move Object, you might catch falling planes out of the sky. With Create-Object, you can do various things like shore up failing structures. etc

<life-energy>

Immunity[4 each, 16]
    <Cybernetic>,
    Metal-Selective>,
    <non-living-selective>,
    <Earth-selective>

Resistance[2 each, 6]
    Resistance to <bludgeon>
    Resistance to <Pierce>
    Resistance to <slash>
    As is, your Dragon lacks Immunity to <repair>.

I remember reading on trading a sp lvl for an extra cb level how do I do that?/am I allowed too? Lol.
    Yes, that is an optional rule, but I'm trying to keep things simple.

Edit also are cp tp?
    No, CP are Combat Points, TP are Template Points.

Quote Originally Posted by Overview
    • Template: Defines what powers you have. Templates are built by spending Template Points (TP). (E.g. a flying creature made of fire, which is immune to <heat> and which shoots fire).

• Combat Level (CL): How strong are your powers. Each CL gives you 10 Combat Points (CP) to spend on Combat Statistics such as Energy, Constitution & Dodge. (E.g. How powerful is the creature's fire attack? How much damage can it endure? How fast is it?)
    Edit 2.0 I’m planning on trying to make a 15x60~120ft blast do I do line three times?
    No, you just need an Line area Targeted-Power, and a Power-Rank of at least 5.

I know I need at least 5 ranks for range but the width is a tad confusing power rank/10?
    The width is Power-Rank - 10 (minus ten). So if your Power-Rank is 6, then your Width is -4. Width will *usually* not come up during play.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    As is, your Dragon lacks Immunity to <repair>.
    Missing that is frustrating.
    EDIT: Any suggestions on what to drop?
    EDIT 2: Does being counted as a profession come with wealth or is it solely bought through social status? What's the difference between saying you own a successful business by putting 6 ranks into Expertise: Business and saying you own a successful business by putting 6 ranks into Social Status(wealth)?
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2020-06-02 at 01:49 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

EDIT: Any suggestions on what to drop?
    You could drop either <Atomic> or <Disintegrate>, and all of your Targeted-Powers are Melee-Strike, so you could also drop Melee-Flurry and Single-Shot.

EDIT 2: Does being counted as a profession come with wealth or is it solely bought through social status? What's the difference between saying you own a successful business by putting 6 ranks into Expertise: Business and saying you own a successful business by putting 6 ranks into Social Status(wealth)?
    It's the difference between "knowing" and "owning". So if you have 6 ranks in Expertise (Business), you would know how to run a successful business, even if you don't actually have one. (E.g. lets say you suspect some books are cooked. Searching them for fraud would be an Expertise Check.)

If you have 6 ranks Social Status (wealth), you would be as rich as if you owned a successful business, even if you don't actually know how to run one, and even if you don't actually have a successful business. The wealth could be from an inheritance, lottery, etc. (E.g. Lets say, you wanted to fund a political campaign in a major way. That would require wealth.)
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Do you need immunity to repair and cybernetics? Because if so I’m a bit confused on why? Lol Imma caveman I probably can’t turn on a computer yet lol

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Spoiler]
    Concept: Caveman/Broly(DrBz)

HP: 15

Size rank 0
    Shape: Tall
    Melee-Reach: -1
    Base Speed Rank: 0

Spoiler: Template 40/60
    Show

Target-Effects-Types[3]
    <Cosmic>

Power-Shapes[2 total]
    Melee-Strike [Free]
    Melee-Flurry

<life-energy>

Immunity[14]
    Suffocate (4)
    Dehydrate(4)
    Unsleeping(1)
    Non-eating(1)
    Petrify (4)

Resistance[2 each, 6]
    Resistance to <bludgeon>
    Resistance to <Pierce>
    Resistance to <slash>

Battle Abilities [10]
    Energy to Body - 2
    Energy to Physique - 6
    Final Attack - 1
    Gather Release Passive -3

Movement Abilities

Movement Abilities [9]
    True Flight (5tp)
    Airless Flight (2tp)
    Hyperspace Flight (2tp)

Terrestrial-Creature Movement Abilities
    Ground-Capable [Free]]
    Ground-Adept [Free]]
    Climb-Capable [Free]]
    Jump-Capable [Free]]
    Swim-Capable [Free]]

Speed & Movement Ranks
    Ground: 0 Base + 2 Adept = 2
    Climb: Ground Speed - 4 = -2
    Jump Bonus: 0 Size = 0
    Swim: 0 Base + 2 Adept = 2

Sensory Abilities

Keen Pinpoint Ranged Detect Visible Light [6 TP]
    All-Round Keen Ranged Detect Audible Sound [5 TP]
    All-Round Fine Ranged Detect Smell [4 TP]
    Keen Detect Taste [3 TP]

Obscurement Abilities
    Miscellaneous Abilities [1]
    Diehard -1

Spoiler: Combat Level(6) 60/60
    Show

Energy 12 (36)
    Dodge 5
    Deflection 0
    Aiming 9 (8)
    Homing 2 (4)
    Hardness 7 (7)
    Forcefield 5 (5)
    Constitution 0
    Willpower 0

=====================
    Derived stats
    =====================
    Power Rank:12 (12+0)
    Physique: 12 (12/6*6)
    Strength: 12 (12+0)
    Carry Cap: 12
    Reaction Speed:2 (9+5-10)/2
    Accuracy 11 (9+2+0)
    Avoidance 5 (5+0-0)
    Durability: 10 (7+5+0-2)
    Endurance: 6 (12+0)/2
    Withstand Disarm: 12 (Str)
    Withstand Grapple:12 (Str)
    Withstand Trip: 12 (Str)

Spoiler: Skills 20/20
    Show

Awareness (5sp)
    Dexterity. (5sp)
    Presence. (5sp)
    Languages: Caveman
    English (1sp)
    Mastered: Awareness (2sp)
    Dexterity. (2sp)

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

For the first few years of his life Voedrid was a gatherer with his friend Ceta. From young he and all the other children were taught to be quite and careful because the savage beasts are dangerous. Moving from cave to cave he saw big teethed animals that rowled. Giant horned beasts that charged and were able to destroy multiple trees at once. Horned furry beasts that trumpeted loudly in herds. At 7 years old the older men started taking him out on hunts to pick off smaller beasts as Ceta went with the older women to learn how to weave baskets and nets.
    A few years pass as Voedrid is silently stalking a smaller beast with tiny horns on its head he sees a bright in the sky. Looking up a line of green is heading to the ground. As it hit a loud boom sounded out throughout the entire forest. Scaring his pretty along with others. Voedrid was tempted to run as well. But he went against his instincts curious as to what can make the beasts flee. The run over taking longer then expected he arrives at a crater that’s pulsating green energy. In the center is a black stone. His instincts scream ‘Run away’ but he shoves them down and slowly approach the stone.
    He reaches out to pick it up but as soon as his hands touch it; It starts turning into the same black stone! He tries pulling away his hand but it’s fastened onto the rock as the stone travels up his arm he yells internally to himself urging his body to let go and run away. He doesn’t want to die to this dumb rock! The longer he fought the more it spread. As his desperation grew the green energy in his surroundings merged together with his body filling it with power and life. Stopping the stone from moving further on his body and even returning his body back to normal. Pale faced he starts backing away from the crater while looking for the black stone which seemed to vanish. Retreating as fast as he could he returns back to his tribes cave.
    A few years pass Voedrid now is the strongest hunter in the village. As well as one of their best protectors. As he was able to fight off a long to other rowler singlehanded! Every time he got clawed on or chomped on his body started to heal quickly making it impossible to keep him down. Eventually he managed to pierce its heart killing it. Winning his tribes praise as well as Ceta’s fancy. Eventually their friendship blossomed into something more.
    After coming back from hunting a long toothed rowler he saw a giant horned one rampaging in his tribe not fearing for his life he charged at it wielding his stone spear the best he could barely even making it bleed. The pain however drew its attention with a snort and a stomp it charged at Voedrid his horn piercing straight through his body. As it tried to shake off his body off his horn. Unfortunately for him Voedrid clung on. Using his spear he kept stabbing its eyes causing it to roar in frenzy and pain. Slamming his Voedrid on rocks and trees even the ground in hopes of getting this pesky creature away from him. Refusing to let go Voedrid eventually managed to pierce through the entire eye into its brain killing it. Weakly his pulls himself off the now dead beasts horn causing his blood to dye the ground red. He looks around for Ceta. Seeing her help some of the villagers he walks to her. When a loud snap sound encores throughout the valley their currently in.
    Looking upwards towards the sound Voedrid sees the snow of the mountain falling rapidly towards him and his tribe. Rushing towards Ceta the fastest his weaken body allows he tries reaching out towards her. Sadly it wasn’t meant to be as the snow slams into his back and wash over his tribe burying them deep in the mountain of snow..
    - - - - - -

A long time passes as Voedrid slowly opens his eyes. He can’t move it’s cold..he falls asleep.
    Awakening again he still feels the cold but less he tries to move but can’t as the cold sleeps into his bones again sending him too sleep.
    As the thousands upon thousands of years he awakes and falls asleep his body tries to fight off its need for food and water and even air...the green energy in his body keeps spiraling and repairing the damage the cold is doing to his body. While making it so he doesn’t have to eat or even breathe anymore.
    As countless ages pass Voedrid is able to stay awake for a few days at a time. Rethinking his life wondering if Ceta might have made it. Wondering if he will ever be able to move again. Rethinking and rewatching his memories as time passes he rests...
    - - - - -
    Voedrid is opens his eyes that have long grew deep and distant throughout the millennia that pasted by as water flows through a stream. He awakes to see him in a strange cave. Lots of flashing colors as things in snow colored suits make a strange whirring sound. Something tries to dig into his arm but after the beasts he has fought his skin toughened making that small shiny rock not go through. Voedrid tries to move but is still encased in the ice that surrounds him. *drip drip* His eyes widens as he hears the sound of when spring is coming and winter is going away. The ice is finally melting. A wave of happiness sets throughout his body followed by a sharp burning sensation of his arm. Turning his eyes towards the pain he sees a red glow fading from a weird stone thing along with a part of his skin that was pulled from the hole.

‘The snowed ones must be a new type of beast!’ Voedrid thought seeing as they were ‘eating’ a part of him. ‘Just wait till I get out I’ll hunt you down then find my tribe!’ Suffering through the pain for hours as the ice melts he finally feels like he can move. With a beastly roar that’s built up for a million years he breaks out of the ice and returned!
    Charging at the red eye stone that’s been biting into his fleas for hours he swings his arms at it breaking it into pieces as he charges a snowed one who runs out of the weird cave then a shiny rock falls into place. Voedrid swings his arms at it denting it with each swing. Trying to break out of this cave. After another few mighty blows he breaks open the cave and step into a new area of the Bright cave. He hears clinking sounds as he sees what looks like it could be black stone men carrying lots objects.
    [email protected]*$! &@#*!(Stop! Halt!)” They shout at his not knowing what they are trying to say he looks around seeing he is surround he tries to run past them. “(I said stop! Men fire!) [email protected]*$ @$&#@!” Voedrid feels pain on his skin and sees burnt marks forming on his skin. Quickly assessing what is going on he growls and charges the black stoned men swinging his fist into them they cough of blood. More come in and shoot him with some kind of hair shooting object? Then his body started convulsing on the ground as it felt like little bugs were crawling around his skin! As he tries to regain motion his face is on the floor as he feels cold rocks being clamped onto his arms and legs binding him again as they drag him into another sealed off cave...
    As he opens his eyes he tries to move. Feeling that he can’t deep rage courses throughout his body. He thoughts going back to all the time he spent in ice. The rage boils more recalling the meteor and how much power in contain he takes a deep breath filled with his rage the green energy moves and he roars. A green blast escaping his mouth destroying the metal caves surrounding him. His rage fueling his muscles he snaps though his binding and charges through the cave destroying any wall in site. Eventually he comes out of the cave and sees clear blue skies...
    The pain of loneliness and missing freedom comes back to him as tears fall down his face he hears sounds coming from the sky. Looking upwards he sees flying stone beasts in the air then flashes flying out of them slamming into his skin the force behind them causes him to fly back a few feet landing hard into the ground.
    Standing up his skin feeling burnt he glares at them. Channeling the energy he felt earlier into his hands he throws it like a rock flying straight towards a flying beast causing it to explode. The other two start moving fast in the air causing him not to be able to hit them accurately as he is unused to this power. Thinking for a moment he grins as he wraps his body in the green energy and throws himself at them!
    Arriving at the first beast he sees two men inside with wide eyes and are strangely pale. ‘This beast must have eaten them! Enraged he reaches towards the spinning stone and stopped it tearing off one of the sharp stones he breaks through the beasts shell and grabs the pale men and brings them to the ground. He then throws himself towards the third and quickly destroys the best and rescues another two pale men and brings them with the others.
    Voedrid tries to communicate with them but they just make the same sounds as the black stone men shaking his head at the he throws himself into the sky and decides to look for his tribe himself.
    Days pass until he finds himself in a strange land filled with towering shiny stones. His eyes widen to take in the site he sees a lot of people staring at him strangely. Looking down he is wearing half his furs as the upper part of his body’s fur was blown away by the flying beasts. Deciding he would hunt for more furs later he scans the crowds for familiar faces...
    Wondering around the skies darken. Seeing a large group heading to an underground cave he follows them. Looking around he almost stumbles into the wall of the foul smelling cave as he sees Ceta wearing the weird furs that everyone seems to be wearing. Running over he calls out “Ceta! Ceta!” He loud voice attracting a lot of attention. Including ‘Ceta’. Looking at him strangely as if he is a stranger.
    Voedrid tries to communicate but she just replies with the sounds everyone’s been making. Saddened he slumps to the ground. ‘Ceta’ starts speaking to him again looking up he sees her pointing at a shiny beast glowing down the tunnel stepping in front of ‘Ceta’ he prepares to fight it. But seeing no one panicking he looks at ‘Ceta’ who is putting her hand of her face.
    After following her onto the weird beast he enters her sweet smelling cave. As she slowly tries talking with him. Over the course of a few days he began to learn about this ‘Modern world’ and that luckily ‘Ceta’ is an Elementary school teacher. He begins to learn.

Spoiler: Image
    Show

@ QuadraticGish ty stole your cheat sheet *-*

Question1 I want to make him able to use ball, burst, line do I have to pay 2 for each?
    Question2 I would like to make his attacks selective to not injury comrades but all mine are area attacks is it possible?
    Question3 To make his attacks selective will I have to first buy general as well making it 4tp?
    Question4 Is it possible to grapple and fly with someone into the sun? ;-;
    Question5 Is hardness worth it? I thought of it kinda like damage resistance. My hardness is a tad over drywall lol combined with Forcefield I’mma stone. Hitting a stone with a knife scrapes on it? Kinda hoping it works this way otherwise I’ll refluff it a tad lol
    Last edited by Eternal-Heart; 2020-06-03 at 04:58 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

I notice there are rules regarding firearms, but how are they treated in terms of character building? Are they just counted as targeted powers? Also, is there any benchmark or information regarding what kinds of numbers the system expects us to have for offense and defenses at our given combat level? I would also suggest the thought of putting a hard cap on derived statistics much like M&M does in with combat related stuff.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2020-06-03 at 04:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Do you need immunity to repair and cybernetics? Because if so I’m a bit confused on why? Lol Imma caveman I probably can’t turn on a computer yet lol
    You don't *have* to buy it if you don't want to. But if you don't buy it, you'll be some sort of machine undead where technopaths can mind control your caveman, and <repair> effects damage you, much like <life-energy> damages undead.

Hence it is generally recommended that living fleshy creatures buy these.

Concept: Caveman/Broly(DrBz)
    If I could make a recommendation, start with the Paragon prebuild and modify it from there.
    *Replace <heat> with <cosmic>
    *Replace Single-Shot with Selective-Area-Cone
    *Drop the Inflict-Frail Targeted-Power, Rapid Recovery 1 and Penetrate-Absence Vision for Immunity to <dehydrate>

You'll get something functionally close enough to a DBz style fighter that has immunity to <suffocate> and <dehydrate>.

If your Caveman is *actually* made of stone, then you might also drop immunity to <earth-selective> for something else.

Target-Effects-Types[3]
    <Cosmic>
    You've bought <cosmic> but no Targeted-Power that uses it.

Immunity[14]
    Suffocate (4)
    Dehydrate(4)
    Unsleeping(1)
    Non-eating(1)
    Petrify (4)
    Minor nitpick, but Unsleeping & Non-eating should be under Miscellaneous rather than Immunity.

Resistance[2 each, 6]
    Resistance to <bludgeon>
    Resistance to <Pierce>
    Resistance to <slash>
    Final Attack - 1
    Gather Release Passive -3
    I'd drop these for normal living creature immunities.

True Flight (5tp)
    Airless Flight (2tp)
    Hyperspace Flight (2tp)
    I'd recommend True-Flight-Adept over Airless and Hyperspace Flight. Otherwise you'd be ponderous in mid air.

Combat Level(6) 60/60
    Energy 12 (36)
    Dodge 5
    Deflection 0
    Aiming 9 (8)
    Homing 2 (4)
    Hardness 7 (7)
    Forcefield 5 (5)
    Constitution 0
    Willpower 0

=====================
    Derived stats
    =====================
    Power Rank:12 (12+0)
    Physique: 12 (12/6*6)
    Strength: 12 (12+0)
    Carry Cap: 12
    Reaction Speed:2 (9+5-10)/2
    Accuracy 11 (9+2+0)
    Avoidance 5 (5+0-0)
    Durability: 10 (7+5+0-2)
    Endurance: 6 (12+0)/2
    Withstand Disarm: 12 (Str)
    Withstand Grapple:12 (Str)
    Withstand Trip: 12 (Str)
    Please keep your Power-Rank, and Resilience Stats between 3-9, and your Accuracy and Avoidance between 8-14.

Skills 20/20
    Awareness (5sp)
    Dexterity. (5sp)
    Presence. (5sp)
    Languages: Caveman
    English (1sp)
    Mastered: Awareness (2sp)
    Dexterity. (2sp)
    Awareness and Dexterity are Attributes, not Skills. Mastered-Skill does not apply them.

Question1 I want to make him able to use ball, burst, line do I have to pay 2 for each?
    Yes.

Question2 I would like to make his attacks selective to not injury comrades but all mine are area attacks is it possible?
    Yes. For DBZ style barrage of frontal fireballs that only hits allies, I'd put it as a Selective-Area-Cone.

Question3 To make his attacks selective will I have to first buy general as well making it 4tp?
    Nope, Selective-Area-Cone does not require General-Area-Cone. But it suffers a -2 Accuracy penalty in comparison.

Question4 Is it possible to grapple and fly with someone into the sun? ;-;
    Not at this level. CL6 is "street" level power. You can still be hurt by firearms. You're at about the level of Goku at the very start of the Dragonball series.

Question5 Is hardness worth it? I thought of it kinda like damage resistance. My hardness is a tad over drywall lol combined with Forcefield I’mma stone. Hitting a stone with a knife scrapes on it? Kinda hoping it works this way otherwise I’ll refluff it a tad lol
    Hardness is Damage Resistance. But as mentioned above, your overall Durability should be within 3-9.

I notice there are rules regarding firearms, but how are they treated in terms of character building? Are they just counted as targeted powers?
    They are there for Players wondering how high must Durability be, in order to be bullet proof.

They also let GMs know how to stat thugs with firearms.

Also, is there any benchmark or information regarding what kinds of numbers the system expects us to have for offense and defenses at our given combat level? I would also suggest the thought of putting a hard cap on derived statistics much like M&M does in with combat related stuff.
    In fact there is. If you search for the section called "Glass Cannons and Stone Walls"

all of the key combat Statistics above should be within 3 points of your CL (e.g. so a CL 6 creature should have all of these within 3-9).
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[QUOTE=JeminiZero;24544235]You don't *have* to buy it if you don't want to. But if you don't buy it, you'll be some sort of machine undead where technopaths can mind control your caveman, and <repair> effects damage you, much like <life-energy> damages undead.

Hence it is generally recommended that living fleshy creatures buy these.
    Gotcha

If I could make a recommendation, start with the Paragon prebuild and modify it from there.
    *Replace <heat> with <cosmic>
    *Replace Single-Shot with Selective-Area-Cone
    *Drop the Inflict-Frail Targeted-Power, Rapid Recovery 1 and Penetrate-Absence Vision for Immunity to <dehydrate>
    Cone area not line? Going for a mouth blast lol that wide shot is scary xD but I don’t mind wide destruction:3

You'll get something functionally close enough to a DBz style fighter that has immunity to <suffocate> and <dehydrate>.

If your Caveman is *actually* made of stone, then you might also drop immunity to <earth-selective> for something else.
    Not actually made of stone but as tough as stone via hardness and barriers.

You've bought <cosmic> but no Targeted-Power that uses it.
    Was unsure how to run it I’ll play with a few options just was waiting for the previous questions to be answered before editing them lol.

Minor nitpick, but Unsleeping & Non-eating should be under Miscellaneous rather than Immunity.

Ah kk I just overlooked it my bad.

I'd drop these for normal living creature immunities.

Kk could you run a general combat round for me so I see how dmg is taken/reduced?
    I'd recommend True-Flight-Adept over Airless and Hyperspace Flight. Otherwise you'd be ponderous in mid air.

Alrighty might just keep airless though
    Please keep your Power-Rank, and Resilience Stats between 3-9, and your Accuracy and Avoidance between 8-14.
    I’ll see what I can do but when I look at Broly I feel like he has the ‘I’ll tank everything’ vibes.

Awareness and Dexterity are Attributes, not Skills. Mastered-Skill does not apply them.

Aw kk time to try and find where 4 more points come in
    Yes.

Yes. For DBZ style barrage of frontal fireballs that only hits allies, I'd put it as a Selective-Area-Cone.

Alrighty
    Nope, Selective-Area-Cone does not require General-Area-Cone. But it suffers a -2 Accuracy penalty in comparison.
    Hmm that’s a trade off I think I’ll be willing to make lol

Not at this level. CL6 is "street" level power. You can still be hurt by firearms. You're at about the level of Goku at the very start of the Dragonball series.
    Ah that makes it easier. When thinking of his powers I was thinking of needed to go big boom boom style lol

Hardness is Damage Resistance. But as mentioned above, your overall Durability should be within 3-9.

They are there for Players wondering how high must Durability be, in order to be bullet proof.

They also let GMs know how to stat thugs with firearms.

In fact there is. If you search for the section called "Glass Cannons and Stone Walls"[/QUOTE

Do I have to have avo high? I always liked rolling with the punches xD. If I have to decrease my power rank I’ll probably jut add more to aiming/shield with con/will?

12. - Top - End - #42

In fact there is. If you search for the section called "Glass Cannons and Stone Walls"
    Ah, okay, ended up missing that in the book. The dragonball comment also gives me a pretty good idea of what to imagine with where we begin. Is there anything to replicate agelessness or being unaffected by age? Or that just something assumed to not be relevant?

Also, with the guns, I think the numbers are kind out there in relation to one another. One of the things that I note is that it's typically non-automatic rifle value precision more. I think you should move the numbers around so that when barrage weapons strike twice, they equal the damage of the single shot weapons and on the third hit exceed them. I think that this better simulates those weapons trading consistency for more damage and leaving single shot weapons as the consistent strikers. As it is, I think you might get people wondering why all the bad guys don't just fire on full auto all the time.

EDIT: Is it allowable to upgrade Rapid Recovery to its next rank during play?
    EDIT2: Could a nemesis be someone in a PC's mundane side of life?
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2020-06-05 at 12:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Please try to get your draft sheets ready by about this time next week.

Cone area not line? Going for a mouth blast lol that wide shot is scary xD but I don’t mind wide destruction:3
    Well, one of the advantages of a Selective-Area-Cone, is that it can be used to fire a straight beam if you want, although the range won't be as impressive as an actual Line.

Kk could you run a general combat round for me so I see how dmg is taken/reduced?
    E.g. A PC with 3 Durability is struck by an attack with Damage Effect-Rank of 5. The Attacker makes a Damage-Check and rolls a 4, for a total of 9. Normally, the PC would lose HP equal to:

• 9 Damage Check - 3 Durability = 6 HP lost

Is there anything to replicate agelessness or being unaffected by age? Or that just something assumed to not be relevant?
    Let's say it is 1 TP for ~10x normal lifespan, and 2 TP for agelessness

Also, with the guns, I think the numbers are kind out there in relation to one another. One of the things that I note is that it's typically non-automatic rifle value precision more. I think you should move the numbers around so that when barrage weapons strike twice, they equal the damage of the single shot weapons and on the third hit exceed them. I think that this better simulates those weapons trading consistency for more damage and leaving single shot weapons as the consistent strikers. As it is, I think you might get people wondering why all the bad guys don't just fire on full auto all the time.
    The current ruleset is calibrated around the idea that getting hit by a Barrage-Shot once (e.g Assault Rifle), inflicts the same amount of damage as getting hit by Single-Shot (e.g. Hunting Rifle). Each subsequent hit with a Barrage-Shot adds +3 to the Damage Check.

The way it's statted, Bad Guys which can fire on full auto, MUST fire on full auto. There is no Single-Shot option for Barrage-Shot weapons. If the bad guys aren't firing full auto, it's because their weapon doesn't support it.

EDIT: Is it allowable to upgrade Rapid Recovery to its next rank during play?
    Sure. I should probably put that down somewhere.

EDIT2: Could a nemesis be someone in a PC's mundane side of life?
    Sure, although it would come up much less often.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

So, I'm definitely going to need to sit down and read the thread and everything, once I get the chance this weekend. Boy, I'm giving myself a ton of reading and writing to do... but then again, it also gives me a chance to think about things aside stuff that makes me not sad!

While the thread I opened after this one was a bit more anime based, the other thing that comes to my mind when I think of wanting to be a super hero is more comics/DC/Marvel based. I hope it's okay to use, and hopefully not already called by another player, because it's a very common trope that I honestly don't know why I like: Black Lightning. I don't know why that image goes together so well in my head, but it super does, and I hope making a character like it would fit here, assuming someone else isn't already channeling Static Shock...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Well, while not exactly Static Shock, Chengduguy has submitted an electric -speedster of sorts.

I have created a rough draft for my character, let me know if you see any mistakes.
    Sorry it's all in Google Docs. I'll put them in spoiler tags in a post when it's a little more complete, but right now I'm changing enough that it's easier just to leave them as they are for now.

Power Template
    Stat and Skill Sheet
    Character and background
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

For Targeted-Powers, please put the Power-Shape as "Selective-Burst", rather than just "Burst".

I'd advice rebalancing her Defences with less Dodge and more Hardness.
    Thanks for the advice, those are fixed now.
    Why is she Resistant to <cybernetic> (instead of Immune)?
    The intent for that was that the source of her powers was robotic so attacks targeting cybernetics would still have some affect on her. If I misunderstood what the <cybernetic> type was supposed to represent please let me know so I can fix it.
    It seems odd to immediately suspect the sidekick of murdering the mentor. Especially when the mentor was shot and the sidekick didn't have a gun. But it's workable as it is.
    Yeah, part of my intent that I completely failed to include in the backstory is that the person who killed Meteor had intended to divert attention from him/herself by framing Erin, which is why the cops showed up that fast, and when she ran from and injured them it condemned her in their eyes.
    Well, while not exactly Static Shock, Chengduguy has submitted an electric -speedster of sorts.
    Mechanically Recoil is a pretty generic speedster, but I think that thematically she is different enough that it shouldn't be too hard to make them distinct.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mechanically Recoil is a pretty generic speedster, but I think that thematically she is different enough that it shouldn't be too hard to make them distinct.
    I wonder what other themes one can use for a Speedster... Lightning Trails, Fire Trails, Wind, Light, Time, and Magic are all I can think of, but not sure if that covers everything or if I'm just short sighted.

That sad, glad to see there's room for another super! I like to think there's a lot of difference between "can move faster than the eye can track" and "elemental energy manipulation", but then again I'm not allowed outside my mind-palace without a baby-sitter.

I have a few other things to take care of (my family decided to screw this weekend's schedule by having birthdays celebrated the entire time, rather than just 1 day), but I'll notch something up when I can, swearzies!

18. - Top - End - #48

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I wonder what other themes one can use for a Speedster... Lightning Trails, Fire Trails, Wind, Light, Time, and Magic are all I can think of, but not sure if that covers everything or if I'm just short sighted.

That sad, glad to see there's room for another super! I like to think there's a lot of difference between "can move faster than the eye can track" and "elemental energy manipulation", but then again I'm not allowed outside my mind-palace without a baby-sitter.

I have a few other things to take care of (my family decided to screw this weekend's schedule by having birthdays celebrated the entire time, rather than just 1 day), but I'll notch something up when I can, swearzies!
    Narratively Recoil has mechanical boot things that allow her to bounce off of things and ricochet around like a bullet, so she isn't really a speedster in a traditional sense, but mechanically her powers are essentially the same as a speedsters (speed boosts, wall running, selective area lightning damage, high dodge and accuracy, etc.)

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

The intent for that was that the source of her powers was robotic so attacks targeting cybernetics would still have some affect on her. If I misunderstood what the <cybernetic> type was supposed to represent please let me know so I can fix it.
    Alright. Since she remains immune to <metal-selective> I'm guessing she took a page from the Sentinels and went full plastic?

Narratively Recoil has mechanical boot things that allow her to bounce off of things and ricochet around like a bullet, so she isn't really a speedster in a traditional sense, but mechanically her powers are essentially the same as a speedsters (speed boosts, wall running, selective area lightning damage, high dodge and accuracy, etc.)
    Does she have implanted cybernetic components, or just her boots?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

RogueGuy

Alright. Since she remains immune to <metal-selective> I'm guessing she took a page from the Sentinels and went full plastic?
    I didn't actually think about that. I'm not sure what I would use the extra template points for if I did change <metal-selective> to resistant. I guess I could reason that metal-selective doesn't work since the only metal used is in the electronics themselves, so there isn't enough for metal-targeting stuff to be effective?

Does she have implanted cybernetic components, or just her boots?
    Just the boots and a google-glass style HUD, but nothing implanted.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Everyone, please post your (revised) sheets.

I didn't actually think about that. I'm not sure what I would use the extra template points for if I did change <metal-selective> to resistant. I guess I could reason that metal-selective doesn't work since the only metal used is in the electronics themselves, so there isn't enough for metal-targeting stuff to be effective?
    Don't worry, it's comic book science. If your tech is immune to metal-selective, then its 100% plastic, like the Sentinels.

Just the boots and a google-glass style HUD, but nothing implanted.
    Alright.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

I should have my character finalized by tomorrow- ended up a lot different than my initial concpet, but it's coming along nicely.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi there!

I wonder of you have open spots?

I would like to make for this a player like Kagetora from the psyren manga.
    https://psyren.fandom.com/wiki/Kagetora_Hyodo

If you do have space, to make things faster, what template do you recomend?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Nogard View Post
    I would like to make for this a player like Kagetora from the psyren manga.
    https://psyren.fandom.com/wiki/Kagetora_Hyodo
    My quick reading of his abilities says superhuman strength and speed, but other powers aren't explicitly mentioned. Perhaps you can fill in these details:
    *Can he fly? Or just run fast and jump far? How about Swimming?
    *Does he have fast healing?
    *Any other powers you want to include?
    *Would you say he is leans towards being stronger or faster, or is balanced?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

My quick reading of his abilities says superhuman strength and speed, but other powers aren't explicitly mentioned. Perhaps you can fill in these details:
    OK.

*Can he fly? Or just run fast and jump far? How about Swimming?
    cant fly.
    Fast run and hi jump yes.
    Never saw him swim. but I dont think so.

*Does he have fast healing?
    A little. Can recover in 1 day what takes 2 weeks for any other.

*Any other powers you want to include?
    If anything in particular hurts him bad, after recovering he gets resistant/damage reduction to that.
    Was trapped in a electro magnetic microwave oven and survived.
    Also kinetic vision.

*Would you say he is leans towards being stronger or faster, or is balanced?
    Stronger I guess.

26. - Top - End - #56

Alright, I'm stillphysical descriptionand fluff on her powers, but I need to sleep. Here's what I got so far on Annihila.

And here are the mechanics.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2020-06-13 at 01:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

If anything in particular hurts him bad, after recovering he gets resistant/damage reduction to that.
    Was trapped in a electro magnetic microwave oven and survived.
    This one is unfortunately a plot-device level power. What you could do is leave some TP free to buy up resistances as and when he gains them.

Also kinetic vision.
    I'm assuming you mean "shoot kinetic beams from eyes", as opposed to the alternate meaning of "can see kinetic movement".

I've given his beams the <force> Effect-Type, but you can change it to something else that you feel better fits "kinetic". I've also given him an inflict-clumsy attack, but again, you can get rid of it or swap it for some other inflict-condition.

Build for Shiro_Nogard

Size & Shape
    • Size: 0
    • Shape: Tall
    • Melee-Reach: -1
    • Base Speed Rank: 0

Spoiler: Template (TP 53/60)
    Show

Targeted-Effect-Types [3 TP each, 3 TP total]
    • <force>

Power-Shapes [2 TP each, 2 TP total]
    • Single-Shot

Targeted-Powers [2 TP total]
    Kinetic Vision [1 TP]
    • Power-Shape: Single-Shot
    • Harm-Type: Damage
    • Resilience-Stat: Durability
    • Effect-Type: <force>

Kinetic Daze [1 TP]
    • Power-Shape: Single-Shot
    • Harm-Type: Inflict-Clumsy
    • Resilience-Stat: Constitution
    • Effect-Type: <force>

Body Strike
    • Effect-Type: <bludgeon>
    • Effect-Rank: Based on Power-Rank

Resistances & Vulnerabilities [26 TP total]

Absorb [6 TP each]
    • <life-energy>

Immune [4 TP each]
    • <cybernetic>
    • <metal-selective>
    • <non-living-selective>
    • <earth-selective>
    • <repair>

Resistant [2 TP each]
    • (none)

Vulnerable [gain 2 TP each]
    • (none)

Defenceless [gain 4 TP each]
    • (none)

Battle Abilities [9 TP total]
    • Energy-To-Body [2 TP]
    • Energy-To-Physique [1 TP] x 6
    • Mook-Sweeper [1 TP]

Movement Abilities [9 TP total]
    • Ground-Speed-Boost [1 TP] x2
    • Climb-Adept [2 TP]
    • Wall-Cling [2 TP]
    • Jump-Adept [1 TP]
    • Jump-Distance-Boost [1 TP] x2

Terrestrial-Creature Movement Abilities [Free]
    • Ground-Capable [1 TP]
    • Ground-Adept [1 TP]
    • Climb-Capable [2 TP]
    • Jump-Capable [1 TP]
    • Swim-Capable [1 TP]

Speed & Movement Ranks
    • Ground: 0 Base + 2 Adept + 3 Ground-Speed-Boost = 5
    • Climb: Ground Speed - 4 + 2 Climb-Adept + 2 Wall-Cling = 5
    • Jump Bonus: 0 Size + 2 Adept + 3 Jump-Distance-Boost = 5
    • Swim: 0 Base = 0

Sensory Abilities [0 TP]
    (none)

• Keen Pinpoint Ranged Detect Visible Light [6 TP]
    • All-Round Keen Ranged Detect Audible Sound [5 TP]
    • All-Round Fine Ranged Detect Smell [4 TP]
    • Keen Detect Taste [3 TP]

Obscurement Abilities [0 TP total]
    (none)

Miscellaneous Abilities [2 TP total]
    • Rapid-Recovery 2 [2 TP]

Spoiler: Combat Level (CL6)
    Show

Base Statistics
    Base Stat CP Ranks
    Energy (3 CP/r) 24 8
    Dodge (2 CP/r) 2 1 purchased + 5 base = 6
    Deflection (2 CP/r) 4 2
    Aiming (2 CP/r) 2 1 purchased + 5 base = 6
    Homing (2 CP/r) 4 2
    Hardness (1 CP/r) 9 9
    Forcefield (1 CP/r) 0 0
    Constitution (1 CP/r) 8 8
    Willpower (1 CP/r) 7 7

Derived Statistics
    Derived Stat Ranks Calculations
    Power-Rank 8 8 Energy + 0 Size
    Physique 8 8 Energy ÷ 6 × 6 Energy-To-Phys
    Strength 8 8 Physique + 0 Size
    Reaction-Speed 1 (6 Dodge + 6 Aiming - 10) ÷ 2
    Accuracy 8 6 Aiming + 2 Homing - 0 Size
    Avoidance 8 6 Dodge + 2 Deflection - 0 Size
    Durability 9 9 Hardness + 0 Forcefield + 0 Size
    Endurance 8 (8 Physique + 8 Constitution) ÷ 2
    Withstand-Disarm 8 Based on Strength
    Withstand-Grapple 8 Based on Strength
    Withstand-Trip 8 Based on Strength
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2020-06-12 at 11:05 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

And here are the mechanics.
    Put the cost for Selective-Area-Line under Power-Shapes, instead of Targeted-Powers.

I question why a Dragon that is somewhat out of touch with modern society would know so many etiquettes, but it is technically legitimate.

One thing to note: Conceal-Power is now countered by Detect-Power.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Put the cost for Selective-Area-Line under Power-Shapes, instead of Targeted-Powers.
    I question why a Dragon that is somewhat out of touch with modern society would know so many etiquettes, but it is technically legitimate.

One thing to note: Conceal-Power is now countered by Detect-Power.
    I'm working off the idea that the Supernatural Reintegration Society is really good at what they do and likely has some supers working there to help with the integration process and help in the case of freak outs. With that in mind, I thought it would work out for helping her catch up quickly and begin experimenting with what modern society offers. And got it.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2020-06-12 at 11:28 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60

RogueGuy

Do you have a timeline for when you want to end recruiting and start the game?