New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Best Spell to Buff Party?

Dread Necromancer + Crusader/JPM

Taking initiator levels just for white raven tactics. Will buff both my party and my horde of undead. Was thinking buff myself a little with 2 level dip into Wyrm Wizard and grabbing either divine power or surge of fortune, but the numbers dont look so hot. Using Flanking Maneuver will net me 3x what I can do by myself taking 2 turns to buff up and maximize crit damage with surge of fortune, and my BAB is already going to be 3/4.

I'm deciding to try and buff my party and undead horde even more. Something for more damage/action economy. From both a 2 level Wyrm Wizard dip that can net me a spell from any spell list can be taken for any time for any spell level up to 6th level(around level 20 I will have only up to 7th level spells. We should be playing past 20 so a higher level spell would be nice), and 2 advanced learning necromany spells from DN scheduled around when I can cast 3rd level and 5th level, second advanced learning can also be postponed for 6-7th level spells if its really worth the wait.

I already have an eternal haste wand, and will be stocking up on wands of benign transposition. Haste doubles our damage potential ATM, but will go down to like 1.2x as team gets more BAB attacks. an ac boost of at least 4 would be nice
    Last edited by ccflier; 2020-05-28 at 02:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Best Spell to Buff Party?

Undead Torch (SpC p.226) is excellent for buffing undead's damage output.

You might also want to have a look at the Corpsecrafter series of feats from Libris Mortis.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Depending on your caster level, you can grab a rod of chaining and use some spells with that for serious party buffing. Chained Greater Magic Weapon can add up to +5 hit/damage to everyone for the day, Chained Greater Magic Vestment can add up to +10 AC(Armor and Shield). Chained Greater Magic fang is more demanding since it needs one target per natural weapon, but functions similarly to GMW for natural weapons, although many undead are better off just using a regular weapon.

Make sure to create your undead in a desecrated area with an altar for +2 HP per HD.
    Last edited by Zanos; 2020-05-29 at 03:26 AM.
    If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (SpC). Allies in a 30 foot radius get an extra attack at full base attack, and +3 morale bonus to attack and damage. Only 1 round/level though so Persist it if you can.

If you’re going the chain spell route, Draconic Might (SpC) gives +4 to STR, CON, CHA and Natural Armor, and immunity to magic sleep and paralysis. Arguably a better buff for living allies than undead ones,, but still good.
    Last edited by DwarvenWarCorgi; 2020-05-29 at 08:48 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenWarCorgi View Post
    Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (SpC). Allies in a 30 foot radius get an extra attack at full base attack, and +3 morale bonus to attack and damage. Only 1 round/level though so Persist it if you can.
    Neither the extra attack nor the attack bonus stack with Haste. It is a better spell overall though.

Recitation (SpC p.170) is a decent group buff that stacks with both of them, and can be persisted.

Also in SpC there's Mass Fly, Mass Resist Energy, Mass Mage Armor and Mass Conviction.