New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Civ VI Multiplayer itP?

Spoiler: Spectator Update
    Show
    India, land of Ice and Faith has launched the II wave of our most holy war. Relying on our Theocracy to fuel the fires of expansion, our catapults batter feudally against our enemies walls. Our knights have plundered secrets from our neighbors however; secrets of a black powder that ignites!

As our knights continue their eastward drive through the enemies lands, our cities have unleashed this stolen technology! Bombards, muskets and field cannons constructed purely from the beliefs of our people are now being launched against the stubborn walls of Tsundare Central. They cannot hope to match our ability to construct 4-5 units a turn out of ice and faith, India will reign supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Illven/Germany
    Show
    My dearest love. My scientists have developed a new technology. We know you already know of it, you called it a cannon, yes?

But the filthy barbarians from India have stolen everything they can get their hands on. Is there a way you can loan me 230 gold to modernize my crossbowmen? Take whatever you wish from me in what you consider a fair exchange. Everything I have is yours.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Lentrax;Japan
    Show

"~ Of course my dearest Suki, in this time of trouble you may consider what is mine, yours so that we may drive back Gandhi the mad."

"~In addition, at the Hall of the Valkyrie we hear the clamor of buddhists eager to spread the word of god to your other cities. Just say the word, and they shall be unleashed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #274

Posted with permission from Lentrax.

"Lentrax is reporting that Tvvtyrants units are getting a +4 combat strength bonus from wars of religion, but while Lentrax founded Shintoism, she's currently following Tvtyrant's religion.

How is the bonus applying?"

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Posted with permission from Lentrax.

"Lentrax is reporting that Tvvtyrants units are getting a +4 combat strength bonus from wars of religion, but while Lentrax founded Shintoism, she's currently following Tvtyrant's religion.

How is the bonus applying?"
    I have no idea. Technically I never converted Lentrax, I did not get the religious conversion score because I didn't switch all of her cities. If she is Catholic I shouldn't be getting the bonus.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

It’s weird, because the majority of my cities, including the holy city for Shinto are Catholic majority.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    It’s weird, because the majority of my cities, including the holy city for Shinto are Catholic majority.
    Yeah, IDK. I don't think it is going to win me the war, I see your army in the east.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

I propose a white peace then. Neither gains, neither loses.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I propose a white peace then. Neither gains, neither loses.
    I accept. My apologies, thought I could fight my way out of bottom place.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

We will forgive and forget. You did nothing that cannot be repaired and rebuilt. However, there is a matter that we will send more private messengers to discuss.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

We will forgive and forget. You did nothing that cannot be repaired and rebuilt. However, there is a matter that we will send more private messengers to discuss.
    Ok. I'll check my messages here.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Warning: Long update ahead.

Spoiler: Spectator State of HYDRA Update
    Show
    Hello loyal members of HYDRA! We stand here at the cusp of peace in a troubled world. It is time that we view the presentation on the state of the organization.

After years of putting off development of Steel materials, the HYDRA production corps has finished retrofitting most of our bases with three layers of walls. Of course, these walls now serve no purpose for defending our loyal citizens, but they draw all sorts of visitors from around the globe, (er, cylinder?). We believe that 90% of our bases are fully walled while 100% were provided with a minor amount of walling.

We have also recently become aware of a cultural phenomenon throughout HYDRA, things the people are calling HYDRA in the Playground, HYDRABook, HYDRAgram, HYDRAblr, HYDReddit, and so on. We have welcomed the spread of HYDRA and believe these "websites" will further our goals.

In HYDRA, all the people own the organization. We make decisions as a collective and serve the needs of the many. The limes were recently retired in place of mobilizing our military corps for defense of the HYDRAland in times of peril. For now, we hold to our form of governance and believe it best for all of HYDRA!

HYDRA welcomes artists, writers, and musicians of all walks of life to the HYDRAland!

Hydraopolis, the gem of the organization. From here we produce the world's wonders and lead from our jungle towers. We believe this statue will draw visitors from around the world to our beautiful shores. The worker corps still need to be further mobilized, but that will come soon.

Care for a tour of culture? Charybindspolis houses two of the world's greatest repositories for the arts. Soon we shall construct a beautiful oceanside opera house for the musically inclined.

The house of spies, Gorgonoth leads the espionage recruitment for the organization. HYDRA spies work tirelessly to keep the citizens safe from harm and our enemies off balance.

Echindapolis provides a safe harbor for all our ships and is our access to the eastern lands.

Scyllapolis is our forward outpost and early warning sign for the organization. We shall eventually install a forward defense post as needed along with a garrison.

The holy land of Asclepolis has walked away from the religion of HYDRA, but its pyramid inspires the workers to better harvest the rainforest. If only we could figure out how to install lumber mills in the rainforests. (Curse them for making that expansion only...)

Science Team has vapor for brains.

Pay Dirt houses our very first national park. We shall construct a beautiful tower to inspire all visitors to come to see it.

Work proceeds fitfully at PedroCorp LLC. Pedro II continues to run the company under HYDRA supervision. Perhaps he will succeed someday at running an efficient company.

Partheope is uninspired, but functional. Perhaps someday it shall do something.

Minotoros provides us a nearby trading post with our ally Teddy Roosevelt. It shall also house our precious artifacts.

Cerabathia provides a home for our traders in the east. Otherwise, nothing major here.

Typhpolis is another eh organization. At least there's aluminum here and a place to trade with the Germans.

Here we can see the progress on attracting the entire world to our shores. The Germans concern us, especially with the recent doubling of their military might. But soon we shall begin pushing our tourism campaign out to the entire world. May all the citizens of the world journey to our lands. Hopefully, we can convince them to overthrow their governments and install HYDRA friendly leaders in their lands.

HAIL HYDRA!
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

13. - Top - End - #283

Spoiler: Dataninja;Rome
    Show

"We have sent a trade request. Our spices and Cocoa, for your pearls, is this acceptable?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Illven; Germany
    Show
    I will check my ledgers and get back to you within the year. It sounds agreeable, however.

...I should probably get a spectator update for the people, but nothing really interesting has happened, so it keeps slipping my mind.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

15. - Top - End - #285

I will be having a spectator update, next turn.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Tvtyrant/ India
    Show
    The end is nigh for both our peoples. We have been thoroughly outmatched. And while you and I squabbled over territory, Greece and its people, these... Hydras, have assumed control over nearly every city state and leveraged them in their cultural dominance.

My ally, Germany, has learned that the Hydra is using something called ‘Containment’ to further their control, and I fear that it is now too late to stop them, but we cannot let it go without an attempt.

Do you have any envoys to spare, to wrest control of city states from them?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #287

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

Snippets of radio from the German capital, 1680 AD

"You break into my Estate, execute my servants and guards, and you expect me to work with you?"
    "Don't lecture me, Lady Harrington, I see through your lies of science! I will bring peace, freedom and stability to my new Theocracy!
    "Your new theocracy!? My allegiance is to the REPUBLIC, to...to. Democracy!"
    If you won't work with me, then you're my enemy!
    "....It's treason then...."

""Many of you heard as it happened on radio, and others still from the rumors swirling about. I.... am here today, to confirm these rumors! Agents from Saint Cuthbert's Retreat broke into Harrington Estate seeking an end to my life! They felt that I had neglected the faith, in pursuits of technological marvels! And instead of using negotiation, and their families vote to sway the council, they stormed the Palace, laid waste to my servants, an attempted assassination! We drove them back, and already the elite guards of the republic are hunting the Cuthbertian family down!"

"The attempt on my life has left me scarred and deformed. But my RESOLVE has never been stronger!

To lead the German people into the new age! The age of DEMOCRACY! Already agents of the state are undertaking efforts to give our citizens the ability to vote! This shall lead the German state into the future forever more"

Spoiler: Continued Spectator update
    Show

"...Too late for what, the republic to fall? It already has! You just can't see it!"
    "Ma....maybe it has! But that doesn't mean something better can't rise from the ashes!"

"Once upon a time, we were told the democracy was too complicated for the common people. They wouldn't vote intelligently, they wouldn't vote for their own interests or the common good.

But now, thanks to MODERN GERMAN SCIENCE, any citizen can hold the power of literature in their hand. They will vote for the best people in their roles, a true meritocracy!"

"Theatre squares are going up in all the lands, Greece culture brainwashed the citizens of what once was St.Cuthbert's retreat! They must be stopped!"

"We will study Opera and Ballet, this will allow our theaters and museums to be twice as effective as before!"
    [In addition, I might consider Class struggle, being able to combine Campus and Industrial adjacency bonuses into one card, will allow me to run both Meritocracy and Grand Opera.]

[This is a game between the lights of Greece's tourism, and my ability to win a science victory. As it stands he's about 50 tourists from victory, if I'm reading this info right, on standard speed, your domestic tourist increases by 1 for every 1000 culture you accumulate. On online speed that should be 500, so either way I want as much culture as possible to raise my defenses.]

[I also expect at least Greece, probably other nations to try and sabotage my projects with spies. I'm hoping to suggest that other nations try and steal great works from greece, thus occupying their spies. I may also consider subbing in police state to try and hamper success chances, and will certainly counterspy my spaceports. I really ought to consider replacing public works, with aesthetics as well.]

Spoiler: Tvtyrant;India
    Show

"We are glad to hear of your war against Brussels. Is there any aid we can give you for a speedy conquest?"
    ~Heather Harrington.

Show

"How would your army feel about attempting to take out Buenos Aries? I'm sure Rome could always use more land to grow."
    ~Heather Harrington.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    As of currently, we have a reasonably lucrative trade agreement with them, to help some of our nearby cities, though those will soon expire and can be repositioned. Is there a particular reasoning behind suggesting this endeavor? The people of Rome have always sought to act only in defense, after all.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

19. - Top - End - #289

Show

"To attempt to prevent Greece from brainwashing our citizens any longer. Their cultural strangehold on the world must be removed."

"Alternatively, do you have any spies?"
    Last edited by Illven; 2020-08-17 at 11:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Buenos Ares has brainwashing technology?

And while we do currently have some citizens who may be willing to visit foreign lands, they are currently occupied with merely inspecting our cities, ensuring that nobody falls through the cracks. Why do you ask?

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: tvtyrant (India)
    Show
    Gandhi, what is the meaning of your assault on Brussels? You know that HYDRA watches over their governance.

HAIL HYRDA!
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Not going to lie, I'm checked out here. I don't really care who wins between RayGallade and Illven, the AI can sit there until they lose just as easily as I can.

Good luck and enjoy the rest of your game!
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2020-08-18 at 10:24 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Well, finally got my act together for spectators.
    Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    The core of my empire is doing... okay-ly. Not really great, all of this tundra kinda hamstrung me, and Brazil to the north angrily stomped around, not wanting to let me upwards during the key moments of expansion.

I've recently completed industrial zones and workshops in all of them, at least, to try and make up some productivity, but... the location is super poor, I've basically hit my limits on expanding here. My kingdom for some hydroponics.

Over on the western front, the cities there are growing decently well. Working on getting faith districts all set up. I've realized that, really, the only way I might end up with a victory in this game is if I eke out Faith stuff. Germany seems fine with me converting them, and with India now AI controlled I can probably start spreading over there. Hopefully.

And then, up north, I'm going for the Americans, hoping to easily convert them and their lack of religion.

That'd just leave me with Japan and Greece. Neither is likely to give up their religion, of course - especially not Greece - but my hope is that I'm able to convert one, and then the other ends up getting destroyed in war. It's probably infeasible, but it's the best small chance I have.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: @Illven
    Show

This meme seems relevant given your aggressive spread of democracy

Spoiler: DataNinja
    Show

Feck that's a horrible start. Did you at least get the tundra pantheon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Spoiler: DataNinja
    Show

Feck that's a horrible start. Did you at least get the tundra pantheon?
    Show
    I did not, I'm afraid. Had to make do with City Patron to try and jumpstart my districts.

Note, too, that my first settler spawned lower - 'twas at the lower-right of the lake, below the swamps. So... with that terrain, it cost me three turns of moving before I was able to settle my capital. That hurt, but I was gambling that it'd work out better and I could find some more fertile land quicker if I didn't have to deal with tundra, and it gave me opportunity for a Bath.

Gamble didn't pay off. Mountains stopped expansion to the fertile west, Brazil got all uppity about me going north, and, as you can see, I spawned close enough to buttress up against India. IIRC, their capital's pretty much just offscreen.

26. - Top - End - #296

Show

"It's called aggressive negotiations."

27. - Top - End - #297

"We have detained a Greece spy in our city, the Endless Desert a few days ago. This has confirmed what we long suspected, that the Greece nation has been stealing our technological secrets. For all their boasting of a five year plan, they seem to feel the need to steal our five year plan instead."

"But that is not all. There is a....a force, that binds us and the world together. The Greece empire has long steeped their moderate successes in the use of the dark side of the Force. The dark side of the force is a pathway to abilities many would consider unnatural. Including apparently, the ability to brainwash the hearts and minds of our citizens!

Since the start of our elections, a small group of citizens have voted every year to simply hand our country over to the Hydra leader. This number has been growing in recent years, with higher numbers in Novele Cove where Greece sent a trade route to, clearly intending to brainwash our citizens"

"Were these votes to proclaim Empress Suki, or Hierophant Trajan, or even until recently Gandhi of India the rulers of Germany, I could at least see their logic, those who have only known the frigid south, may in fact have done far better in more fertile lands."

"We of Germany, have used our fertile lands to become a scientific, economic, and productive powerhouse, while all Hydra has used their wealth for is to learn to dance and sing."

"Because of their repeated spying, and to counter the dark side of the force being used on our citizens, a cold war now exists between our two nations."

~Heather Harrington.

Spoiler: Spectator war update
    Show

[So this is a problem, it's going up by 4 a turn.]

[This is a casus belli.]

Spoiler: Lentrax;Japan
    Show

"Our highest scientists, believe that Greece's brainwashing could be countered with a large enough shock.

The only practical solution we can see is to remove Gandhi from power entirely, this should shock some of the citizens, Hydra has brainwashed and restore them to their former selves."

~Heather Harrington

Show

"We at least hope you can understand our reasonings behind this war."

~Heather Harrington

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

"...does this 'cold war' mean that those of the warmlands are bringing their fight down to be amongst the lands of ice and snow, here at the edge of the world? I would hope not, life is difficult enough as it is, and I would not wish my citizens subject to battles amongst their homes."

"I hope that this is simply a misunderstanding, and that we can work this out with peace and words. Such are Her teachings, after all. It is a shame that there is subterfuge afoot, but surely there is some reasonable explanation from our Greek compatriots?"

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

HYDRA declares to the world that Germany is a corrupt and brutal state who seeks the death of workers everywhere. They are the aggressors here, not HYDRA. A visiting student from the research lab of Hydraopolis was suddenly arrested while taking his spring break in The Endless Desert. You should know that a travel emergency has been declared: all travel to and from Germany is no longer sanctioned by HYDRA. Any who travel there may be arrested or murdered merely for their national origin.

These accusations of mind-control, we have heard them before. Clearly Heather was consorting with the now long-defunct rebel partisans from the failed Brazilian state. As we have stated before, pay no heed to the claims that HYDRA possess mind-control technologies, these are merely the ravings of madmen and lunatics. If the people of Germany wish to join HYDRA, they are wiser than their leader.

We continue to welcome all civilians to tour our beautiful jungle fortresses. You will see that we do more than song and dance, we can also preserve the beauty of nature far better than any other nation. Germany builds for the here and now, caring nothing for how they despoil the land. HYDRA builds for the future generations. What we construct will last for all of eternity on this fair planet.

The five-year plan shall continue. We invite all leaders of the world to partake in the communal care of this world. We have only the one planet, we ought to protect it forever.

HAIL HYDRA!

Spoiler: Lentrax (Japan)
    Show
    HYDRA hopes that we shall continue in our friendship. We know you are allied with Heather and her unscrupulous government and wish to maintain cordial relations between our two great nations.

Show
    HYDRA High Command Council Briefing

"Gentlemen, ladies, this is bad news. Unfortunately, this will slow our infiltration of the German nation. Any suggestions?"

"Perhaps if we doubled our efforts into the other nations, we might still win enough hearts to our side."

"This tower we are constructing in Pay Dirt should draw more visitors to our national parks. It may also inspire our civilians to start vacationing along the shores."

"Those will have to do. We stand no hope in a prolonged war."
    ---

The timing of this is awful. Fortunately, I'd already begun constructing some military units in case war broke out, but something tells me I will never see peace again until either Germany takes a science victory or I claim a cultural victory. I'm 35 tourists away from victory and have a base tourism of 882 as of this turn. Time to hope that Eiffel Tower and Cristo Redeemer boosted seaside resorts can do something for me here.

Unfortunately, I don't fully understand the mechanics of a culture victory, so I have no clue about how close I am to victory.

30. - Top - End - #300

Spoiler: Raygallade;Greece
    Show

"As part of an agreement reached on private lines, instead of giving those who lurk beyond an ending war committed to glory, the Harrington Estate shows a commitment to peace, beyond their rhetoric.

To make peace as soon as possible, once the flames of nationalism die down. (8 turns)"

"The German nation shall at the peace table, remit the spy Demokritos to Greek custody, along with a sum of 280 gold in lost profits, and a continued 35 gold per turn per our deal over Mohenjo-Daro. In addition the German nation will promise to limit spying to a max of 1 spy in Greece territory."
    "In exchange the Greece empire promises to not attempt to send us a trade route while we are at peace, and to limit their spying to a max of 1 spy in German territory that will be used on research missions."