New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Civ VI Multiplayer itP?

Spoiler: Illven (Germany)
    Show
    These terms are acceptable to HYDRA High Command. Consider the deal done and may there be peace forever between our two nations.

HAIL HYDRA!
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: RayGallade / Greece
    Show
    We do not condone bloodshed of any kind. That said, the Imperial Throne is not pleased to see that for as far as we have come, the world has outpaced us. However, we do not have any desire to take part in any conflict to stop either of the two superpowers of the world, and will continue to work our frozen lands and further our studies into the nature of the world in peace.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

[I did not realize that it only took 3 turns for Brightdale Academy to launch a satellite, then 6-7 turns for the moon landing. I thought it'd be 9 turns for each set.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Illven
    Show

You're playing the base game yeah? So it's the various Mars missions and then you've won?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

5. - Top - End - #305

Spoiler: Spectator
    Show

After the satellite, I need to launch the moon mission, THEN the three parts of the Mars Colony.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #306

NinjaGuy

Show

Ah right, you're still in the middle of the moon landing, gotcha.
    Do you think you'll get win before Ray with their cultural victory?
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

7. - Top - End - #307

Spoiler: Spectator post
    Show

Maybe? It's been a few turns, and although he's gone up 30ish tourists, I've gained 20 domestic ones in that time. I believe he's close to capped out on tourism, while I still have plenty of culture to attempt to tap.

In addition, should I manage to launch a moon landing, I'll actually get about 40 tourists, I'm hoping that can fend off a tourism victory for me to make the three colony modules.

But right now, it's if the city's not making a space part, you're making me culture.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    HYDRA High Command has become concerned about Germany's tourism department. We have observed concerning developments on the state of the world's tourists, particularly that of Germany tourists choosing to stay within Germany borders.

As such, we fully intend to accept the terms of peace, but then immediately build up our forces. Harrington Estate and Brightdale Academy must fall under HYDRA command.

We shall begin mobilizing our navy and ground forces. This will be a terrible war.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

9. - Top - End - #309

Show

"Through diplomatic discussions with the Hydra empire, they have revealed that after the mandatory part of a white peace, they may attack us immediately."

"However our cunning diplomacy will secure us use of Geneva for 2 turns for a tidy sum of 300 gold. We shall call upon this moment as the moon landing is completed, for we believe the spectacle will keep our tourists in our borders."

[Completing the moon landing gives us 10 turns of our science in culture. If we can get Geneva's peace bonus, that's even more tourists.]

10. - Top - End - #310

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: RayGallade
    Show

*Grabs popcorn*

Show

300 seems really cheap for levying, but I guess the price is altered for online speed?

11. - Top - End - #311

Spoiler: Spectator
    Show

Not levying, Ray letting me use the suzerain bonus for 2 turns. It gives +15% science while at peace.

Since the moon landing gives 10 times the amount of science, in culture, and culture means domestic tourists....

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: DataNinja (Rome)
    Show
    HYDRA High Command has a request of you, our ally. We shall soon secure a white peace with Germany. However, at the same time we will be building up our forces for a reprisal attack on Harrington Palace, Brightdale Estate, and any other center of German tyranny.

We have also promised to allow Germany to temporarily ally with Geneva for two years. High Command would like to request that as soon as we do this, you declare war upon Germany. We shall have our troops at the ready to support you as soon as our truce expires. If you could deny them the blessing of peace while suzerain of Geneva, HYDRA would be in your debt.

In addition, if you have any spies who could assault their "spaceport" at Brightdale Estate, this would be beneficial to the alliance.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: RayGallade (Greece)
    Show
    Unfortunately, that is not something that we have any capability of doing. We have secured a declaration of friendship from Germany some several years past, and that still has some years to expire before we can in good conscious act. [OOC: I can't actually check now the duration, as I can't connect to the servers.]

We will move our troops in an attempt to provide some of a bulwark on that side, as speedbump-y as it may be. Our armies are, however, out of position due to the changing leadership in our friends India. There was uncertainty on if the new leadership would keep the peace, especially with them denigrating our current armed forces. They will be moved back, as we have assurances that leaving that frontier into our lands open should hopefully be safe, but it will take some time. [OOC: I was worried that AI!India would no longer uphold the friendship or alliance that human!India did, and would decide to attack me due to my... much weaker state. But I did some poking around in-game, and it looks like Gandhi's agenda means he won't declare wars unless it's, like, a liberation war. So, that assuages my fear some, and I have begun the... slow process of transitioning my forces back to the west. Go me. I sure know how things work. So, back to being a speedbump in the way of Germany and Japan they go. ]

I will see what I can do when it comes to travelling operatives. Currently my only one is on a counterintelligence mission, but I will keep what you've said in mind. The Aether is not a place to be breached.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

14. - Top - End - #314

Show

[So right now I have to decide what to focus on. I have two great people I can go for, in addition I need to weigh the pros and cons of a bigger military score, the pros and cons of grabbing a spy to protect my space building cities, the pros and cons of getting trade routes for my ship building cities, and the pros and cons of the industrial zone, campus, and theatre square projects.

When I complete the moon landing project, I'll probably want to have my other cities on campus research projects, since 10 times that turns science will be put into my culture.

15. - Top - End - #315

Spoiler: Lentrax;Japan
    Show

"As discussed, the Valkyries shall move North, to camp outside German cities and prevent the forces of the Greek empire from overtaking our cities."

"We shall call this directive, Order 99"

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

People of the world! HYDRA High Command is pleased to announce that we have held our first public election. In a surprise twist, all members of High Command were elected to their previously held seats. We shall continue to hold regular elections as we usher the world into a golden future.

Spoiler: DataNinja (Rome)
    Show
    HYDRA thanks you for the secret communication informing us of Germany's secret communication.

Show
    Out of respect for our former administration, HYDRA's new government has sent the agreed-upon terms for peace in our time.

However, the Geneva matter is something that this administration cannot agree to. We believe you will use this to overthrow the HYDRA government as you travel to the stars. In addition, we have been informed that you have been using secret communication methods to attempt to convince our ally Rome to steal artwork from our museums. These two offenses mean that you must offer something significant to us in return for the state. For example, we might request a sizeable artistic and musical donation to offset the allure of your star travels. Gold alone will no longer be sufficient to purchase their allegiance. Until we can agree to these terms, consider Geneva off limits. We are certain that we can come to a suitable arrangement.

Show

An excerpt from HYDRA High Command's security briefing

HYDRA High Command believes that we can secure full mind control of the world if we give the Germans a little push. We have developed a new strategy: adapt our "government" to match whatever the Germans hold in their country. We shall be chameleons and shapeshifters, taking whatever form and color will best allow our agents to deploy the mind control devices.

We are close, so close.

17. - Top - End - #317

Spoiler: Raygallade;Greece
    Show

"Even were your claim true, that was not a condition of the deal we made. We expect you to honor the deals you make."

~Heather Harrington

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Spectator Update
    Show
    Sorry for lack of pictures, I'm super tired, and I don't really feel up to putting, like, 14 pictures and wrestling with uploading those. I'll just give the cliff notes.

Currently, India is now majority my religion. They have one city left that is capable of producing Faith units - and only two cities of their religion - so if I can at least make that neutral, they should hopefully be unable to put up more of a fight.

Washington is 1 turn away from passive conversion. So, that'll get 3/6 of their cities, and they have no religion of their own.

Germany has 17 cities (as far as I can tell), and I have religious headway in 4. Since they also have no religion, getting 5 more should be plausible.

Japan has 12 cities, plus religious presence in all of them (but no active generation), making things a little bit trickier. I have yet to make any headway there.

Greece has 12 cities. I as of currently only have 2, I'm afraid. They do not have any cities remaining that can produce units of any religion, though, so there should be no pushback. I just need to worry about diplomatic pushback there. So, if I do try and push there, it certainly has to be during the start of a new alliance cycle. Of those 4 more I need, 3 are decently easy and close, but the 4th'll be a push.

So, to recap:
    Religious victory is plausible, though I fear space or culture will happen before that.
    Need 5 cities in Germany.
    Need 6 cities in Japan.
    Need 5 cities in Greece.

I do not hold much hope (or indeed, really, any, I feel it'll take way too long, I'm at a point where I'm basically only doing 1 Apostle per turn), but I will laugh so hard if I manage to pull this off.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Illven/ Germany
    Show
    My love,

My armies are, of course, yours. We are marching forth, and I am personally leading the journey north.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    We shall certainly hold to the previous administration's promise to keep but a single spy in your lands for research purposes and avoid sending trading caravans into your lands.

21. - Top - End - #321

"We have landed a man on the moon."

"Hydra of Greece you once told the leaders of the world, and I am paraphrasing here, that you were the steward of this world, cause it was the only one we had."
    "That view is misguided. Through the miracle of German Technology, we are undertaking the greatest action that the races of men have ever achieved. We are going to TERRAFORM Mars. No longer will we be a race, tied to one planet."

Spoiler: Raygallade;Greece
    Show

"And we have sent you the gold for us borrowing Geneva."

Show

"So we need to use this now."

[Up till my turn it was showing 126, out of 126, I outright told Ray that if it didn't boost on my turn, I'd concede the game.

[I think the way this works, is I'll have a bunch of culture saved up and should shoot up till I burn through my "extra" culture"

My reasoning, is I spent a couple of turns researching cheap civics like mysticism, then when I stopped, I shot up 10 tourists.]

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

HYDRA declares that we shall still steward this world to success. Germany believes there is some reason to leave our beautiful world. We are certain that they shall soon change their minds.

Show
    This administration would remind you that we said you would owe us greater than gold for Geneva, else they be considered off limits. If you do not offer us artistic compensation immediately, we shall consider your deal broken and deploy emissaries to your lands. We believe that your Great Wave landscape and two musical arts shall be sufficient to forgive your undue haste.

Show

We were so close. Hopefully our emissaries shall give us the edge that we need.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really, this is ridiculous. I should have won this turn.

23. - Top - End - #323

Spoiler: RayGallade;Greece
    Show

"This administration would remind you, that you were the one who set the price for Geneva. If you will consider us have broken a deal, cause we forced your hand after you tried welching, then your five year plan is built on a foundation of corpses and lies!"

~Heather Harrington

Spoiler: Dataninja;Rome
    Show

"As agreed we have sent 150 gold to gain suzerainty of Hong kong."

~Heather Harrington

Spoiler: Lentrax;Japan
    Show

"I took command of Zanzibar, my love. With the might of our collective activism, may Greece never fully indoctrinate our citizens."

~Heather Harrington

Show

"Two of us, can play at +5% culture for city state suzerainites. With the might of our collective activism, we are reporting indoctrinated citizens before they hurt themselves or others."

[In addition, notice anything off about this screenshot? Hong kong gives us +20% production on city projects. City projects include space ship parts.]
    Last edited by Illven; 2020-08-28 at 01:26 AM.

24. - Top - End - #324

NinjaGuy

*Munches popcorn intently* Loving the updates all, can't wait to see where this lands!

25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    Accuse of whatever you wish, but we told you that Geneva was off limits. As you have ignored our warnings, you shall pay the price we now set. We are altering the deal. Pray we do not alter it any further.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: OOC (All may read)
    Show
    Heads up all, the servers seem to be having issues so I'm going to wait to take my turn until tomorrow.

I tried to submit a turn and just got stuck waiting for it to upload.

27. - Top - End - #327

Show

"We will resist this indoctrination. For we can do no other. We are proud and strong, and we will head to the glory of space."

[One good thing, is that Raygallade's tourism has hit peak effectiveness against Rome, they can no longer take off tourists from them, and America is soon to follow.]

[We renew our friendship with Rome, course we lost our alliance with Japan in the turn transition.]

"We still have the light of hope generated from the moon landing to burn the scars of indoctrination away."

[4 turns till war]

"Everyone. Let's move these theater plays, builder squads gather lumber for the colony! It'll be years before they can make their own wood, we must make sure they are well supplied."

28. - Top - End - #328

Show

"We of course renew our long friendship with the Japanese people."

[I'm not entirely sure why Dataninja has tourists again? Let alone 4.]

"Let us grab this conservation, so that the Mars Colony does not over use is materials."

"Due to the strength of the indoctrination done by Greece, we of the German nation are now declaring marital law, no longer do we need a rational reason to suspect you, we are now a police state."

"Chop, replant, then chop chop."

[Three more turns]

[So I took a bunch of pictures but the next few amount to the same thing, what buildings can I build, that'll generate me more culture before the likely end of the game, then just focusing on theater projects/]

[Then I realized, why isn't everyone working theater square slots.....]

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

To all citizens of this world:

HYDRA has seen that we cannot prevent German occupation of the stars. As such, High Command has opted to retreat from our jungle fortresses along with any who still believe that HYDRA is the best steward for the world. Our people shall live in hiding until this world is ready to hear the words of those who preserve it from the blight of pollution and interstellar travel.

Good luck in your interstellar travels, Germany. We shall always be here in the shadows though, waiting for your return.

Keeping our mind control devices charged for any last opportunities to take over.

Final update to follow.

Spoiler: Final Update
    Show
    HYDRA was once a dream. A dream of mind-controlling the entire world to follow us. In the end, I was done in by German Hansas, Theater Square projects, and space travel.

I had a pretty strong showing in the end. Eiffel Tower plus Cristo Redeemer makes for a pretty good combo. But naturalists were too expensive before the most recent patch and most of my high appeal shoreline was hilled. That and jungles turned out to be useless features in vanilla Civ 6, so my jungle start hurt me badly.

I leave you with what I consider to be a moral victory. I had enough tourists to win for one moment.

In the end, my total just 4 turns later was 152/184. GG Illven, you pulled off an impressive victory.
    Last edited by RayGallade; 2020-08-31 at 12:54 AM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

As more and more leaders bow from the world stage, and step back from affairs, it is clear that at the very least, an equilibrium of peace is being restored. It may not be exactly in the shape of the teachings of Our Lady, but, it is, at the very least... adequate. We are satisfied with our attempts at unifying all under one banner of peace, even though there are yet many hearts that have yet to be touched.

Mistakes were made along the way. We ignored the signs, were isolationist for too long. Feelings of despair and anger wracked the world. But, as things stand, we are at least... content. We survived, and we stuck to our beliefs, though there were many trying moments. We mourn those who were lost, those who were unable to see their path was destructive. But... we must cast our vision forwards

May All be Blessed.

Spoiler: Final Update, and Thoughts
    Show
    At this point... it's over. It's at least a dozen turns before I can reasonably even reach enough cities.

Alas. I learned a lot this game. Mostly by making a lot of mistakes. Not enough tech, not enough culture, not enough military... Maybe one day I'll be able to recognize my mistakes before I make them.

My true downfall was in spending my Theocratic Faith on building up an army, rather than Apostles. There was talk of the two alliances clashing, so I needed some way to defend myself. It was ultimately never needed, and so it was a waste of resources. If I had begun spreading my faith to Germany, Japan, and America earlier, I do think that I may have been able to clutch something in the end here.
    ...granted, if it looked like I was nearing victory, I'd probably have just not had friendships renewed one cycled, and then got squashed like a bug.

The main reason I didn't end up trying for that, really, was because I held too steadfast to the promises that I made early in the game. I'd agreed to not start religious spreading conflict with either Greece or India, so... that kinda cut off anything there. I only began to act once TvTyrant left, and AI India entered the stage. I know they'd be aggressively trying to spread theirs, so I had to try and step in. So... uh, why not go whole hog, I guess?