New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ VI Multiplayer itP?

"With the forces of Hydra returning underground, the thrall of indoctrination has broken away. The light of hope generated from the Apollo Moon landing has burnt them too bright."

"The German people, undaunted and whole from the terrors of Hydracorp's brainwashing artifacts, can now unleash their full efforts on the success of the Mars Colony."

"With the productive capacity of our FULLY OPERATIONAL GERMAN HANSA's, nothing is beyond the reach of our people."

"I only have one final question. Empress Kurigawa Suki, will you marry me?"

Spoiler: Final spectator update
    Show

"We start this final tour at the shores of the capital of the German people. The German people had many blessings. They had rich fertile land, productive hills, near isolation. Where the other nations had to struggle and fight to expand, the German people could just expand and thrive."

[While I didn't make the best use of this, I really should have had more then just my cap producing settlers, it was still an amazing boon to be able to practically claim a vertical strip of land, and plop city after city. I ended the game at 18 cities total. However producing 15ish settlers left my cap short of pop.]

"Scars of the republic, a cornerstone of the German nation from early times having built the Colosseum and the forbidden palace."
    [Tho it fell away at the end, it certainly had plenty of production early and mid game, thanks to being part of the base triangle of cities.]

"Brightdale Academy the productive powerhouse of our nation, from the nearby mountains you can see the Potala palace, and the headquarters of our space program."
    [This productive powerhouse is what won me the game, being able to 3 turn, then 5, then 6 turn the space parts.]

"Boccob's retreat was quite a large city for being settled so late in the empire's life time."

"Conjuration Station was formed when Harald of Norway still ruled, it was intended as a defense against Norwayian agression. Obviously with the Japanese Empress overtaking him, the city was never called upon to serve."

"Siren Cove, once rumors of beautiful women ensnaring the minds of others came from these waters, now it's a technological wonder of the world."

[I'm kinda suprised it's so productive, but hey. Works for me.]

"Lady of the Lightsaber, like most German cities formed in pairs with it's cousin city Boccob's retreat."

[So one benefit of playing German in the base game, if you're not in a hilly area, industrial zones are horrible. They only get +1 production from adjacent mines, and quarries, and the standard minor district adjacency bonus

Hansa's however get a major bonus from commerical hubs, and a standard bonus from every lux, strategic, or bonus resource adjacent to it. While I imagine most people's industrial zones capped out at +3, my hansa's started at +3, and shot up from there.]

"Another city settled late into our lifetime."

[Okay, most Hansa's started at +3]

"Divination tower, built to peer into the mysteries of nature."

[Not the best city, but maybe the best name.]

"Ah yes, the city we had to buy from the Greece. Which prompted us to draw territorial borders."

"The Endless Desert, home of the fabelled Petra. Turning even the harsh Desert into fertile lands."
    [Ah my 8 tile Petra.]

[Another city settled far too late]

[Admittedly Novele Cove, got screwed by it getting shunted by Greece's inefficient city placement.]

[I... never came up with a name for Mainz......]

"The Borderwall was considered the western most expansion of our lands by towards Japan, it developed it's walls as a means to defend against savages from the south.

"And the Outerrim, settled for it's oil."

"The unleashed power of German Science has saved the world."

[So policies. I'd say that was my real biggest mistake of the game. I forgot that rationalism was in fact good. When I finally put it on it was worth 75 science. Obviously it was not 75 science for the entire game I was putting off, but at that point Natural philosophy was only worth 20. I should have at least replaced Rationalism with Natural philosophy, and that'd have probably been 1000 science all game? (30 science for 30 turns) I of course had Craftsmen from the moment I could, at the end of the game, it's upgrade five year plan (Effectively natural philosophy and Craftsmen) was worth 84 production per turn, I gained literal thousands of hammers from it, over the course of the game.

Most of the other policies by the end of the game had become solely about fighting off threats to my nation, A bunch of policies about increasing my culture, and attempting to stop the one threat to my nation, lowering spies levels to prevent my space ports from being sabotaged.]

Any questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Thanks for the updates all, it's been great fun to watch!
    And I see you've already starting a new game, excellent
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

I'll do my best to be less, uh, what's the word... oh, yeah, boring next time. I certainly feel that I held up exactly zero candles here.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Final Thoughts.
    Show
    Wow. This was a crapshoot. Thing were okayish for me, but then I started running into problems with growth. Stupid tundra not wanting me to feed my empire...

Honestly, If it weren't for the Torres del Paine natural wonder, I don't think I would have a second city that could do anything really, but even with the massive bonus the wonder gave me, I still had to waste trade routes on internal growth just to keep the city growing.

But my biggest regret was not having a couple of settlers to send up to Viking land as I was conquering them. I could have razed the cities and built new ones with better district planning. That is what really killed me I think, because I could have had three, maybe four cities to cluster districts into, instead of leaving the Viking's scattered efforts all over.

So, while I am dissapointed to not have been competitive all the way to the end, I am not dissapointed in how I played this one.

"My dearest Heather.

Yes.

Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars...."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler: Final Thoughts
    Show
    I ducked out early on this one, so I'm less relevant here but I thought it would be nice to add in now that the game is over.

I felt like I failed to find the right level of aggression this game. I was hemmed in, stuck in the tundra and needed to invade my neighbors early to win. An honest assessment is I lost when I failed to back Brazil against Greece, and Greece cut off my access to the already crappy peninsula and lower jungles of the north. Either I needed to hit Greece early or attacked Rome, but I did neither. Then I invaded Lentrax too late and too soon, after Japan had gunpowder but before I did.

This game is hard, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".