Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Civ VI Multiplayer itP?

Spoiler
    Show

India has escaped the arctic!

Finding rich spoils to the East and a defensible peninsula allowing for cross-oceanic commerce to the West, India has decided to throw down here along the edge of the permafrost. One settlement might find itself short of food, but surely veins of silver, pearls and herds of horses will more then make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Man, it hurts not opening these spoilers. I am a curious ninja.

(As an aside, maybe we should have a better name for this thread, if we're actually using it as a repository, and people might actually follow it.)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: For spectators
    Show

From the first sterings of life. Did Germany claim their capital. Although berift of fresh water, the wealth of their land was plentiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler: You can see this I don't mind.
    Show

India spreads west and finds new citizens lost in the wilds! They will be assimilated into our treasure rich arctic co-op!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

And lo, thus do I start. Three turns in. I hope this doesn't come back to bite me more than staying in the middle of the Tundra would have...

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It seems to me like the game tends to favor either equatorial starts or tundra starts, which kind of bugs me.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

I started in tundra as well, but it doesn’t extend far from where I am, so I decided to make the most of it. May not end up with as strong a capital, but it hopefully doesn’t go to crap.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VoxRationis View Post
    It seems to me like the game tends to favor either equatorial starts or tundra starts, which kind of bugs me.
    Certain civs do have different weights - Russia and Canada for instance, are weighted to appear closer to Tundras.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Ah shame looks like I was a little bit too late to join. Would live to give multiplayer a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    Ah shame looks like I was a little bit too late to join. Would live to give multiplayer a try.
    I'm sure we'll have another one at some point. Or maybe a second one simultaneously. Dunno. Besides, you probably don't want to be part of this one. The map is angry.

(I've got tundra to my south, water to my north, and am surrounded by hills and mountains, making quick movement impossible. Pls no barbarians, game. Pls.)

Also, man, I always forget how slow early-game is. When I do it with friends, we usually play one session of early game in 'realtime', than switch to play by cloud. This is a lot longer than I remember. XD
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-06-07 at 12:49 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. Feel free to start one of your own. I opted for the play by cloud because I wasn’t sure about time constraints on people, and I don’t usually have time to dedicate for anything as time intensive as Civ.

I also didn’t know it was possible to switch the type of game.

Oh well. Next time I suppose.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #72

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show

[And here we meet Zanzibar.]

[My current idea, is so get like a triangle of hansa's, commerical hubs, and aqueducts. Trying to get 3 Hansa's with +6 production each. So a hansa close to my cap, then three commerical hubs in a curve all next to the Hansa, then hansa touching two of the hubs, and an aqueduct next to each.]

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Rome, turn... feels like 20 at this point. :P
    Show
    So, city is almost done a scout. To the west is... impassable mountains, and a Brazillian scout. There's a decent place to try and settle, set up something there, but looks like east is where Rome will expand.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground

If a new game gets started up I'm definitely down to throw in. I'm still getting used to Civilization 6 (mainly played 5) but a multiplayer game sounds fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

I'm down to add another game to the roster if someone wants to make it. Maybe I'll get a less trash starting location this time.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I'm down to add another game to the roster if someone wants to make it. Maybe I'll get a less trash starting location this time.
    I'll hop in too, but I think my tundra might be softer then yours (what with all the silver.)

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds like we got enough people. Don't have the DLC so long as we play without I'm in. I usually play China though I guess with online speed the wonder ability is much less impactful.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

18. - Top - End - #78

Sounds like we got enough people. Don't have the DLC so long as we play without I'm in. I usually play China though I guess with online speed the wonder ability is much less impactful.
    I'm in for two games.

Not sure who I'll play, but.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground

I got it free from Epic so it didn't come with any DLCs. Also haven't played enough to have a preference for any particular civilization so I'm pretty open on that front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

I tend to enjoy Germany. Gotta make those trains run on time, eh?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

As someone from Germany I regretably have to inform you they often enough do not.

Well, I've never done multiplayer so this is gonna be interesting. I usually play on slower game speeds so this is will take some getting used to.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

As someone from Germany I regretably have to inform you they often enough do not.
    My dreams of an efficient transportation system, shattered! How could you, you monster!
    I'm mostly just envious of people actually embracing rail transit.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Second game discussion
    Show
    I'd be willing to go up to two games, but would prefer to have them in two different threads.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show

We found our first minor nation of the world. They immediately accepted the way of the many-headed-Hydra and offered us assistance in training soldiers for battle.

A small group of hard-working tribals joined our city and helped us capture these wild horses. Truly this is a happy day. We now have two building crews (though they know not what to do yet, curse our science division taking too long). Even now a brave settling corps is being mobilized to spread the teachings of Hydra.

A vast jungle lies to the south and coastline on either side of us. These are interesting times for the silver-tongued Greeks.

Hail Hydra!
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like 6 players, male it Standard size for 8 total including AIs? I prefer Pangea but other options are finde too. Feel free to make a New thread if you think IT necessary.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Second game join code WMeZl

Standard size for eight players, if everyone who expressed interest joins it will be six plus two AI.
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2020-06-09 at 02:01 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Second game join code WMeZl

Standard size for eight players, if everyone who expressed interest joins it will be six plus two AI.
    It requires an environment mod in order to play, it seems?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Strange, thought that's just a visual thing that shouldn't inhibit compatibility.

Alright, I just disabled all additional content. New code: 108AZ

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Second Game Discussion
    Show
    It claims the game has already begun and I cannot join

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Strange, thought that's just a visual thing that shouldn't inhibit compatibility.

Alright, I just disabled all additional content. New code: 108AZ
    "Unable to join: Game has already been started."