New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Civ VI Multiplayer itP?

Spoiler: TvTyrant
    Show
    While we do appreciate close relations with our neighbours, before we open our borders to you, we would appreciate a guarantee that you do not have plans to expand westwards, into our soon-to be territory in the tundra. I have no desire for this to escalate into combat, but we will respond with appropriate force if it proves necessary, so simply be aware of that.

Consider this a friendly request at any rate. Many thanks, and may the Lady smile upon you.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Show
    While we do appreciate close relations with our neighbours, before we open our borders to you, we would appreciate a guarantee that you do not have plans to expand westwards, into our soon-to be territory in the tundra. I have no desire for this to escalate into combat, but we will respond with appropriate force if it proves necessary, so simply be aware of that.

Consider this a friendly request at any rate. Many thanks, and may the Lady smile upon you.
    Spoiler: DataNinja
    Show
    I have no intentions on any further expansions west into the tundra. I seek long term alliances while I build my people's faith in a higher calling.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Tvtyrant
    Show
    Excellent. Then it seems that there will be very little issue here in that regard. Though I would highly suggest, in addition, that you not attempt to sway our people away from Her blessing. it is by Her benediction that our empire survives, and so we would have to respond to such blatant attempts to destroy our people with... punitive measures.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler: Tvtyrant
    Show
    Excellent. Then it seems that there will be very little issue here in that regard. Though I would highly suggest, in addition, that you not attempt to sway our people away from Her blessing. it is by Her benediction that our empire survives, and so we would have to respond to such blatant attempts to destroy our people with... punitive measures.
    Spoiler: DataNinja
    Show
    If you will agree to a formal alliance I will categorically avoid converting your cities. Then I can feel confident in my border security and you know I won't be expanding into you in any way.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Illven
    Show

Oooh that makes more sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    That would be acceptable, yes. I see no reason to not do such a thing.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Show
    That would be acceptable, yes. I see no reason to not do such a thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huzzah! There shall be peace in our time :)

8. - Top - End - #158
    Colossus in the Playground

Some high level diplomacy I'm sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Some high level diplomacy I'm sure
    Getting the UN going early we are.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

100% true transcript of high level diplomacy:

"We good?
    "We good."

11. - Top - End - #161

Spoiler: India;Tvtyrant.
    Show

"Hello, I'm Heather Harrington of Germany, we control the great eastern strip. How does this day greet you?"

~Heather Harrington.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler: India;Tvtyrant.
    Show

"Hello, I'm Heather Harrington of Germany, we control the great eastern strip. How does this day greet you?"

~Heather Harrington.
    Spoiler
    Show
    India fares fairly on this fairly fair day. Hail and well met HH of 🇩🇪. Woher kommen Sie?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

My fellow nations.

It is with a sad heart that I relay news of utmost urgency.

After many years of failing negotiations with Harald Hardrada,
    it has become apparent that his neverending need to take what
    my people have toiled hard for these many centuries.

They have demanded the fruits of our labor after declaring us
    unworthy of joining him at his table in peace.

We have tolerated his words long enough. When they were but
    simple words, we could ignore them as idle nonsense. But when
    pressed for the labors of our hands, we will no longer show them
    empty. From this day forward, we show the Vikings the result of
    our efforts, and the culmination of centuries of dedication to the
    way of Bushido.

For today. I have sent my Samurai on the path to glorious battle
    and a beautiful death. The Divine Wind blows, and the clans have
    begun to march.

I do this, not because I desire war, but because dishonor must
    be met with swift retribution.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

We have no problem with that here. He insulted us while we were beset by barbarians for not having enough sea power. Excuse me, sire, but we were a little busy on land, thank you, awaiting Salvation. So, have at it, and all that. We, for one, will not miss him.

15. - Top - End - #165

Spoiler: India;Tvtyrant
    Show

"To the east-northeast of Japan."

~Heather Harrington

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    My fellow nations.

It is with a sad heart that I relay news of utmost urgency.

After many years of failing negotiations with Harald Hardrada,
    it has become apparent that his neverending need to take what
    my people have toiled hard for these many centuries.

They have demanded the fruits of our labor after declaring us
    unworthy of joining him at his table in peace.

We have tolerated his words long enough. When they were but
    simple words, we could ignore them as idle nonsense. But when
    pressed for the labors of our hands, we will no longer show them
    empty. From this day forward, we show the Vikings the result of
    our efforts, and the culmination of centuries of dedication to the
    way of Bushido.

For today. I have sent my Samurai on the path to glorious battle
    and a beautiful death. The Divine Wind blows, and the clans have
    begun to march.

I do this, not because I desire war, but because dishonor must
    be met with swift retribution.
    "We commend the Japanese nation for taking matters into their own hands. We have heard nothing but insults about our naval forces, in addition to demand after demand. Clearly Harald must be taking down a peg to learn some humility."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Well, well, seems like everyone had the same idea at around the same time. See, science division for Hydra has decided that we need an improved testing ground. Well, Pedro II over there volunteered for the job the moment he denounced our friend Trajan. Not to mention the little assault on our one-time ally Jerusalem. Never fear, citizens of the world, the Shield of Hydra will aim itself only at Brazilian military targets. Already the pitiful walls of Salvador De Bahia have been nearly demolished by a single blast of our catapult-powered weapons.

We shall not stop until Rio de Janeiro lies under Hydra control. We advise all civilized members of the world to stay out of Hydra's backyard jungles and allow us to enforce peace and prosperity.

HAIL HYDRA!
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I hear the tides of popular opinion and surf open them. India has troop in the region, it too shall engage in this war.

Woops forgot he is giving me copious gold. India will watch! Yes! Because we are so peaceful!
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2020-07-08 at 11:34 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    Well, well, seems like everyone had the same idea at around the same time. See, science division for Hydra has decided that we need an improved testing ground. Well, Pedro II over there volunteered for the job the moment he denounced our friend Trajan. Not to mention the little assault on our one-time ally Jerusalem. Never fear, citizens of the world, the Shield of Hydra will aim itself only at Brazilian military targets. Already the pitiful walls of Salvador De Bahia have been nearly demolished by a single blast of our catapult-powered weapons.

We shall not stop until Rio de Janeiro lies under Hydra control. We advise all civilized members of the world to stay out of Hydra's backyard jungles and allow us to enforce peace and prosperity.

HAIL HYDRA!
    [OOC note, this post is hilarious to me.

Spoiler: Raygallade;Greece
    Show

"As discussed through the steam, we shall trade Chocolate and Spices, for silk and whales along with open borders."

~Heather Harrington
    Last edited by Illven; 2020-07-08 at 11:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: India (tvtyrant)
    Show
    Apologies, friend, but we have already traded away our spare whale oil. If we obtain another duplicate resource in the near future, you shall be the first we trade to.

Hail Hydra!
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Unfortunately, much as the Brazilians have vexed us in the past, and spat on us, Rome will be abstaining from this conflict. The forces of darkness and chaos have once more sprung up out of the Frozen Wastes, and we are concentrating on bringing Her light to those lands. If the Empire must be forged in heathen blood, than so be it. We seek peace... but for those who reject it, we bring only fury. By Her Name (not that anybody actually knows it, granted, but that's besides the point), we shall prevail in this venture.

To those seeking victory against those who reject peace, may you find it beneath shimmering wings.

21. - Top - End - #171

Unfortunately, much as the Brazilians have vexed us in the past, and spat on us, Rome will be abstaining from this conflict. The forces of darkness and chaos have once more sprung up out of the Frozen Wastes, and we are concentrating on bringing Her light to those lands. If the Empire must be forged in heathen blood, than so be it. We seek peace... but for those who reject it, we bring only fury. By Her Name (not that anybody actually knows it, granted, but that's besides the point), we shall prevail in this venture.

To those seeking victory against those who reject peace, may you find it beneath shimmering wings.
    [So wait, are you declaring war on Ray and Len?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

[So wait, are you declaring war on Ray and Len?
    [No, I'm wishing them luck. I've just got a bunch of barbarians who've popped up again, so I can't help take revenge on Brazil. ]

23. - Top - End - #173

[No, I'm wishing them luck. I've just got a bunch of barbarians who've popped up again, so I can't help take revenge on Brazil. ]
    [Ah understood, thought you were saying those who war dec'd were rejecting peace.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

[Ah understood, thought you were saying those who war dec'd were rejecting peace.
    [Nah. Mr. "You don't have a big enough army" invited it upon himself. Screw him. He already threw that away. Be careful what you wish for. ]

25. - Top - End - #175

[Nah. Mr. "You don't have a big enough army" invited it upon himself. Screw him. He already threw that away. Be careful what you wish for. ]
    Excuse you. It's Mr. "You don't have a big enough navy" actually.

In fact he literally denounced me that turn for it. It's like you're already in a war, why do you want more enemies.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Excuse you. It's Mr. "You don't have a big enough navy" actually.

In fact he literally denounced me that turn for it. It's like you're already in a war, why do you want more enemies.
    No, no, that was the other jerk. Brazil denounced me only a handful of turns after having met them for not having a big enough army.

27. - Top - End - #177

Show

"Can my scout PLEASE get open borders to continue exploration?"

~Heather Harrington

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Show

"Can my scout PLEASE get open borders to continue exploration?"

~Heather Harrington
    Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    Of course, my apologies I was distracted and ended turn after looking at your offer.

29. - Top - End - #179

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

[Pretty simple one this time.

[Really I'm just trying some campus research grants to be able to rushbuy this scientist. This is a delicious 10 turns worth of science (I got a tile with 4 mountains next to it.

Again, 10 turns. Totally worth it.]

30. - Top - End - #180

Spoiler: Dataninja;Rome
    Show

"We have sent an application for a mutual open borders territory. Are you interested?"

~Heather Harrington

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

"Here we see my grand estate, production materials for settlements in the outer rim."

"First the Colosseum, where we execute foreign elected queens, then we shall make a palace no one may enter."

"Brightdale Academy continues to support our fledgling economy."

"Siren's cove will shortly start to work on a commerical hub for the world."

"The Endless Desert. Although our people hate sand, our FULLY OPERATIONAL GERMAN HANSA'S will state their rage."

"The Borderwall, with the potential to be the breadbasket of the empire!"

"Six turns. Just six, till our Hansa are SUPER FULLY OPERATIONAL!"