New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Civ VI Multiplayer itP?

Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    I see neither particular reason nor particular harm in it, given that we are a world apart. Therefore, for now at least, we accept.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Show
    I see neither particular reason nor particular harm in it, given that we are a world apart. Therefore, for now at least, we accept.
    Spoiler: Dataninja;Rome
    Show

"Our reasoning is simply, our scout has come to the border of your land in their worldly vovage, we'd hate to be walled off for further exploration, especially since the people tell us of more civilizations we've yet to meet."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Spoiler: Dataninja;Rome
    Show

"Our reasoning is simply, our scout has come to the border of your land in their worldly vovage, we'd hate to be walled off for further exploration, especially since the people tell us of more civilizations we've yet to meet."
    Show
    Ah, I must have missed them. We are currently a little bit pre-occupied with an annoying amount of resurgence of heathens of the Frozen Wastes.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Show
    Ah, I must have missed them. We are currently a little bit pre-occupied with an annoying amount of resurgence of heathens of the Frozen Wastes.
    Spoiler: DataNinja;Rome
    Show

"Well if our little explorer unit can contribute, you have their sticks. What direction do you believe the camp to be in?"

~Heather Harrington

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: DataNinja;Rome
    Show

"Well if our little explorer unit can contribute, you have their sticks. What direction do you believe the camp to be in?"

~Heather Harrington
    Show
    The offer is appreciated, but unnecessary. Our forces are closing in even as we speak. The trouble will be no more. It was simply a distraction from matters on other sides of our borders. The Lady sees all, but our own eyes are fallible.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

The Valkyries have begun to sing. As my noble Samurai closed upon the walls, the people of Nidaros heeded the warnings of the Kitsune messengers and we have taken the capital of the Viking lands.

And now, as we sit within this city, I ponder if this will be enough. Considering the reasons for this war, I do not know if merely this will be enough for them to reconsider their ways.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

I assure you, it is not. Even as their walls were besieged, they took the time and energy to send messengers to berate me for my lack of navy. Never mind that I have been fighting a land war, and have been needing to focus on that. Such an inconsiderate boor.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

All-wise Hydra high command is pleased to offer the Japanese the Greeks' blessing to continue in their conquering of the Norse. As with the Romans, we have been incessantly insulted by Harold despite multiple offers of friendship. Let them burn in your divine wind.

In other news, Pedro II is about to sign over control of all Brazilian territory. In return for his continued survival supporting Hydra's science division, he has agreed to found Pedrocorp LLC, a division of Hydra, a megacorporation headquartered in the former city of Rio de Janeiro. The company shall own and manage all the territory of the land formerly known as Brazil. He shall lead the company as its CEO for as long as he shall live under the watchful eye of the all-blessed cultural and military commander, Pericles.

Pay no mind the the rumors of Hydra's life-extending technology, nor of the rumors of its mind control devices. This is merely propaganda spread by Brazilian rebels who have refused to accept their leader's surrender.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

9. - Top - End - #189

"We of the German Queendom recommend a temporary cease fire of hostilities, in the hope that the lost of Harald's seat of power will humble him."

"For arrogance leads to pride, and in your pride will you commit actions against the world at large. Justice has for the time been served. Let's let peace flow through."

~Heather Harrington

10. - Top - End - #190

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show

"The unleashed power of our double time Hansas as changed everything.

Now thanks to German engineering, anyone can hold a hammer in their hand."

~Heather Harrington

Spoiler: Lentrax;Japan
    Show

"Um.... uh.... would you like to be friends? Like cultural friends, and we could have a cultural alliance, and stuff!"

~Heather Harrington

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

My fellow world leaders:

As you are well aware, my armies are in enemy territory, returning insults with cold steel.

My emissaries, the Kitsune maidens who tend our shrines were rebuffed, and returned with messengers demanding
    what we would never surrender.

And now, i must tell you all, with heavy heart, that I cannot suffer these savages to live as a free people. We will
    subsume them into the land of the Rising Sun, and greet those who choose to come willingly with the songs of
    the Valkyrie. And for those who refuse to heed the call, we send them to their afterlife with our glorious music.

And as we extend our hand of friendship to those who would live in peace with us, I feel confident in revealing
    the identity of our most glorious Empress, She Who Will Live Forever in Glory. Queen of the Valkyrie.

Empress Kurigawa Suki.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #192

"Should these people demand things of you, after you have occupied their capital then we see their arrogance can never be tamed. Therefore the best method to allow peace on the continent is to remove Harald and his followers from power. Only Justice and bring peace."

"It is a pleasure to meet you Empress Suki."

~Heather Harrington

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: RayGallade;Greece
    Show
    Greetings, and well met. It has come to our attention that our scouts were slightly less diligent than hoped, and what we previously thought was impassable ocean in fact has a land bridge. This is a cordial notice that we plan on establishing a coastal city in that area earlier than planned, safely to the south of Science Team, in order to have our borders remain nice and uniform as we go up, as well as ensuring a vacation destination for those who prefer the slightly warmer weather.

We have no current plans to expand beyond that latitude, however - perhaps in the west beyond your lands, just to spite Pedro. But it is too warm up there, and we wish to leave room for others. She teaches us humility, friendship, and the evils of greed, after all.

Blessed be The Lady, and your day.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Show
    I recently made allies with several of my neighbors, and it turns out I am in dead last place. There is an open continent on the other side of the world but everyone is busy boxing me in instead of expanding there, and Greece has conquered an area three times as large as my whole civilization. I fear I will perish, my biggest cities are smaller then other people's smallest colonies.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Tvtyrant
    Show
    You made allies with several, but not all of your neighbours, right? Looks like you have no choice but to do unto others before they do unto you.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Show
    You made allies with several, but not all of your neighbours, right? Looks like you have no choice but to do unto others before they do unto you.
    Spoiler: spectators
    Show
    That is correct. I'm going Theocracy for massive free armies and waiting for someone else to break out into war and leave a flank open. It's really the only way...

17. - Top - End - #197

"And obviously the attempt to humble Harald has yielded no fruit, for they have just demanded a deal from the Germany empire."

~Heather Harrington.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Spoiler: spectators
    Show
    That is correct. I'm going Theocracy for massive free armies and waiting for someone else to break out into war and leave a flank open. It's really the only way...
    Show
    Excellent. It will be entertaining, if nothing else. But why wait for someone else to break out into war when you can set the opportunity up yourself? That's what allies are for, right?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Show
    Excellent. It will be entertaining, if nothing else. But why wait for someone else to break out into war when you can set the opportunity up yourself? That's what allies are for, right?
    Spoiler: Spec
    Show
    In my experience with group games, aggression gets you dog piled. I am also the weakest nation among the humans, I need free cities.

I should probably have attacked Rome previously but I didn't realize how boxed in I am.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Show
    In my experience with group games, aggression gets you dog piled. I am also the weakest nation among the humans, I need free cities.

I should probably have attacked Rome previously but I didn't realize how boxed in I am.
    Show
    True, diplomacy is the trickiest part in this games. It's not impossible to find a casus belli though, merely difficult. A shame you didn't get a piece of the NPC-conquering action.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Show
    True, diplomacy is the trickiest part in this games. It's not impossible to find a casus belli though, merely difficult. A shame you didn't get a piece of the NPC-conquering action.
    Show
    Yeah that was my bad. The people who were in the best position just partitioned the good bits of land, us poor Antarctica states got left behind. I really require a Theocracy rush on a weak border to recover, I am so behind my armies are certain to take brutal casualties.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: DataNinja (Rome)
    Show
    But of course. Our surveyors from Science Team (a division of Pedrocorp LLC, a division of Hydra) are willing to accept neighbors so long as the teachings of Hydra can continue spreading within our lands.

Hail Hydra!

Show
    So I just settled my ninth city (not counting Pedrocorp LLC's three) with at least three more on the way. I have a nice open peninsula to the east of Hydrapolis that needs settling and would provide my trade ships access to my new city, Medusapolis. Meanwhile, there's some tobacco and cotton plants to my north that have my people curious.

I have more than 3 times the culture production per turn compared with the next closest competitor. This has allowed my spies to come online, so its time to start some espionage around the world while no one has any chance of stopping my spy. Unfortunately, I'm losing out on wonder tourism to the massive power of Illven's Hansas. Might need to do something about that sometime. For now, I will continue attacking the culture tree and aim for a culture victory.

Also, still haven't found Teddy, but I suspect he's hiding to my northwest.

Hail Hydra!
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: RayGallade (Greece)
    Show
    We will not actively attempt to spread the Lady's Benediction to your people, should that be your peculiar desire. However, we cannot guarantee that Her teachings do not leak into your lands. Her words are our citizen's lifebloods, after all, so any who see our culture, whether here or abroad, will of course learn of Her.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: DataNinja (Rome)
    Show
    If Pedro II's company wishes to follow your Lady, by all means we shall not be offended if they passively accept your way. However, we ask that for now active spreading does not occur within our lands.

Hail Hydra!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    I guess it's time for an update, because I've been bad about those. I don't know what's actually interesting to know about. I'm not a great player, and know I'm bottom of the pack.

Here's Rome as of currently, at least:

And where I'm planning to expand to in the west. Lotsa food, certainly.

(Please ignore my notes to myself. I tend to be forgetful as to why I put something in a certain place. )

So, uh? I guess if anyone has any questions, I can answer those. Or I guess heckling at what I'm doing wrong.
    I've at least made sure to be in an alliance with the two other lower-military powers, so maybe we can hold off any issues that may arise from the Big Two.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

"And obviously the attempt to humble Harald has yielded no fruit, for they have just demanded a deal from the Germany empire."

~Heather Harrington.
    "Very well then, Lady Heather. My Samurai shall continue on their path, with the songs of the Valkyrie announcing their arrival."

Spoiler: Context
    Show
    So, I suppose a little context is in order. Kurigawa Suki was a character I made for a HSHC game years ago. She was, canonically, the founder of the band Shield Maidens, which I have decided to "translate" from its original Japanese name as Valkyrie later, owing to the nature of the setlists I made up for the band. (Plus, the game was in America, so I couldn't very well keep going around with a band name in Japanese. )

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #207

"Due to the demands of the Norway government, we of the German queendom have decided to enter the war with our allies the Japanese empire!"

A missive sent to all the world leaders.

Spoiler: RayGallade;Greece.
    Show

"You settle German land, with no forewarning, or heads up, or a request for border confirmations, and then you have the audacity to ask for a "fair price" after this insult?

In the interest of peace, we are willing to hear you out, but we are not amused."

~Heather Harrington

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

[Welp that's that heating up.]

"The Eastern strip is German terriority, and the Greece dare to settle it?"

[The biggest issue is that me and Ray are in my opinon the top two people in this game right now. (Especially with their insane culture per turn)]

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Illven (Germany)
    Show
    Fair-spoken Heather, this city was founded from refugees of the Norse region. We were attempting to bring them west to our safe lands, but their escort was brutally murdered by cruel barbarians in the waters west of Conjuration Station. The frightened citizens barely escaped with their lives and were forced to turn east away from the desired lands. We wished to settle on the peninsula across the inland sea, but saw little choice beyond losing the citizens forever to the unintelligible barbarians. By the time they landed on safe ground, they were ambushed by a new band of barbarians, forcing them to set up defensive structures or face certain death. I am certain you have seen the encampment not two hills from the city.

Hydra high command is willing to see to a transfer of leadership for Medusapolis in exchange for the cost in gold to outfit a new settler division from our homelands. Our delegation has confirmed that you have the funds for this. We wish for there to be peace between our two peoples, for there has already been much death in this world.

29. - Top - End - #209

Spoiler: RayGallade;Greece
    Show

"Due to the circumstances, I am willing to pay the cost of a scout. (which I believe to be 120?) plus ten turns of upkeep on your rushly brought military unit. We are willing to pay more if we can get confirmation in some manner that a voyage to your territory would take longer then ten turns.), we are also willing to give you an additional 50 gold."

~Heather Harrington.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Illven (Germany)
    Show
    We just confirmed with Medusapolis's defender that it would take 20 turns for him to reach our shores. If we bring him to the site where the settlers had desired to go, it will take 15. Therefore, we believe that 15 turns upkeep is fair. Including your additional 50 gold, this would put us at 200 gold. Would you consent to raise your offer to 220, half of the cost to outfit our next settling band?