New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ VI Multiplayer itP?

Spoiler: RayGallade;Greece.
    Show

"We're sorry, but after looking up the cost of a scouting band, we are not willing to go over 200 gold. Which we are glad to agree to. Note that the following public statment does not apply to this city."

~Heather Harrington

"To note, that settlements to the east of the Japanese empire, especially along the Great Eastern Strip will be considered an act of naked aggression against the German Queendom, this land is ancestrally German lands, and will remain so."

"Should our glorious lands be so desirable to live in, we will expect negotiations."

~Heather Harrington.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Illven (Germany)
    Show
    Hydra high command accepts your offer of 200 gold and will transfer control of the city over to Germany. We apologize for the encroachment and hope that our two peoples can continue to live in peace.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

3. - Top - End - #213

"And thus in 880 AD, with the aid of maps provided to us by our Japanesse allies, did we confirm that the world is ROUND!"

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler: RayGallade
    Show
    Hey is it okay if I put a city on that stretch of sea you left open? I am hurting for any sort of growth, pretty much stuck in the ice here.

Spoiler: RayGallade and DataNinja
    Show
    I think we need to discuss how we are going to deal with Japan and then Germany. The longer they stay ahead the harder it will be to dislodge them. I'm working rapidly towards theocracy to build a crusade, I think Greece and I can shove Japan off our continent and even out the landmass distribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Spoiler: RayGallade and DataNinja
    Show
    I think we need to discuss how we are going to deal with Japan and then Germany. The longer they stay ahead the harder it will be to dislodge them. I'm working rapidly towards theocracy to build a crusade, I think Greece and I can shove Japan off our continent and even out the landmass distribution.
    Spoiler: Raygallade and TVTyrant
    Show
    I'll admit, it is a little bit concerning to hear that they with the most science and industry and they with the most army are allied. If push came to shove, I genuinely don't think that we can win this fight.

I joined in an alliance in an attempt to try and stand up to one of the Big Powers if push came to shove (though Greece is fairly far up there, too)... but neither my industry, my technology level, nor my military is likely to be able to contribute well. With The Lady's Benediction, I imagine that I could fend them off in a home war, but without that, I fear that a crusade would be... well, not particularly feasible for me. I can make an attempt, but I feel that it would be not a great one, if I could even get there in time.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: tvtyrant (India)
    Show
    Please supply either a map or detailed description of your desired location. High command will inform you of the acceptability of your requested location.

Spoiler: DataNinja (Rome) and tvtyrant (India)
    Show
    Hydra high command would prefer that we avoid messy military entanglements for the current time. Although our inventions were sufficient to remove the Brazilian infestation from our backyard, it will take more than a few hoplites and catapults to dislodge the Japanese or Germans. Our science division recently developed a powerful weapon we call "muskets" and is currently researching methods to improve our siege weapons to more easily demolish enemy cities. In the mean time, however, we shall continue to focus our efforts on defensive establishments, forward settlement, and cultural development.

Should you prepare for war, let us know and we shall inform you of our readiness.

Hail Hydra!
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Spoiler: Raygallade and TVTyrant
    Show
    I'll admit, it is a little bit concerning to hear that they with the most science and industry and they with the most army are allied. If push came to shove, I genuinely don't think that we can win this fight.

I joined in an alliance in an attempt to try and stand up to one of the Big Powers if push came to shove (though Greece is fairly far up there, too)... but neither my industry, my technology level, nor my military is likely to be able to contribute well. With The Lady's Benediction, I imagine that I could fend them off in a home war, but without that, I fear that a crusade would be... well, not particularly feasible for me. I can make an attempt, but I feel that it would be not a great one, if I could even get there in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    Spoiler: tvtyrant (India)
    Show
    Please supply either a map or detailed description of your desired location. High command will inform you of the acceptability of your requested location.

Spoiler: DataNinja (Rome) and tvtyrant (India)
    Show
    Hydra high command would prefer that we avoid messy military entanglements for the current time. Although our inventions were sufficient to remove the Brazilian infestation from our backyard, it will take more than a few hoplites and catapults to dislodge the Japanese or Germans. Our science division recently developed a powerful weapon we call "muskets" and is currently researching methods to improve our siege weapons to more easily demolish enemy cities. In the mean time, however, we shall continue to focus our efforts on defensive establishments, forward settlement, and cultural development.

Should you prepare for war, let us know and we shall inform you of our readiness.

Hail Hydra!
    Spoiler: Allies
    Show
    Sounds like a no then. I had hoped they would attack each other and I could throw in but it looks like I'm just going to die on the vine. I haven't hit crossbows yet and you have muskets so the chances of catching up are zilch.

Oh well, guess I'll try the religious spam victory.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: RayGallade and TvTyrant
    Show
    Sorry, wish I had better news for you. I'm not... particularly adept at Civ, as the, uh, immense difference in the strengths of my nation compared to basically everyone else's shows.

I've basically resigned myself to trying to maintain myself a bit better than in the other game.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

9. - Top - End - #219

Are we allies Tvtyrant?

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Are we allies Tvtyrant?
    We are friends! I was referring to Gallade and DataNinja who are miilitary allies of mine.

If you would like to be allies I am always open to negotiations of course :)

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

"We have been blessed on this day to have news upon a great discovery. A tribe of people, living at the end of the world. Yes, indeed, the end of the world. No further south could we or they go. This brings us with conclusive proof that the world is not round. Indeed, we believe it is cylindrical!"

"After all, would not the distances in the middle of the world be longer were we living on a sphere? The horizon, dipping as we look north? Even a child could tell you this, looking at a ball. After consultation with valuable data gained from our partners in the north regarding geographic observations that they have made, we have made great strides in this theory."

"Only one piece of the puzzle remains, however, and we ask the great minds of our time to attempt to solve it. That being why the weather is most markedly not uniform throughout the world, as one might expect from a pillar."

"By Her blessing, though, we will unravel these mysteries. We eagerly await any conjectures had by others."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

I have lost internet. I don’t know how long it is going to be out. It could be a couple of days. I will keep everyone updated.

Edit: Never mind. Weird outage already resolved I guess? But now I do not know what is going on, so i will continue updating.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2020-07-17 at 09:56 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

People of the world.

No longer will the accursed Vikings demand
    your livelihoods.

My noble Samurai with their loyal Ashegaru
    have scoured them from the face of the world.

And now, with our grisly task complete,
    we turn inwards, to focus on rebuilding.

To refresh and reenergize our economy.

Thank you for your time,

Kurigawa Suki, Empress of the Japanese Empire.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #224

Tvtyrant take your turn (If you can)

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Tvtyrant take your turn (If you can)
    They mentioned upthread they're on vacation now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    That's ok. It will be vacation season soon, I imagine some people are going to have turns skipped or make everyone wait. I'm gone the 17-20 and won't have a computer, for instance.

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    They mentioned upthread they're on vacation now.
    Right, my bad.

17. - Top - End - #227

Spoiler: Dataninja;Rome
    Show

"Do you intend to settle much further then that mountain range?"

~Heather Harrington

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    Only up to around Buenos Aires. Beyond that is of no particular interest to me. I know not exactly what lies beyond, but presumably your land, or possibly Japan.

19. - Top - End - #229

Show

"We are sorry, but that is far too close. Truthfully, your settlement of Melodinum is really far too close. That land is to the east of the Japanese empire with no land passage to beyond the great mountain range."

"We will expect a tribute for you to settle any westward."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    What exactly do you propose in that vein?

21. - Top - End - #231

Show

"Gold for settling rights."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    My apologies, I wasn't clear. I was looking for proposed numerical values. I'm afraid that I cannot read minds and cost-benefit-analysis from that.

23. - Top - End - #233

Spoiler: DataNinja;Rome
    Show

"How would you feel about 150 gold per city."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    "150 gold for settling rights to something near the wonderful vacation spot of Buenos Aires seems like an appropriate trade. A deposit will be made into your account before the first pegs have been put in the ground."

25. - Top - End - #235

Spoiler: Lentrax;Japan
    Show

"As discussed over steam, we have learned of the ways that Greece has made a cultural stranglehold on the world, and thus the black arts of espionage and envoys are being used to hamper their efforts."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Illven/ Germany
    Show
    We wish you well in your efforts. We continue our attempt to stabilize our empire and modernize our soldiers to keep Japan safe from external threats.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #237

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

"An invisible hand that ties us all together, it's energy binds us, the universe all together."

Thus it is known.

[Also turns out fabricate scandal is in DLC only!]

28. - Top - End - #238
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Show

I nearly did a spit-take when I saw Adam Smiths's effect! I wondered how I'd missed him given how huge an extra slot is, but he was changed in R&F to giving gold plus a governor title (I've barely played vanilla). Lot more lot more balanced!
    Also interesting about Fabricate Scandal, that kinda sucks if you want a particular city-state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Show

I nearly did a spit-take when I saw Adam Smiths's effect! I wondered how I'd missed him given how huge an extra slot is, but he was changed in R&F to giving gold plus a governor title (I've barely played vanilla). Lot more lot more balanced!
    Also interesting about Fabricate Scandal, that kinda sucks if you want a particular city-state.
    Spoiler: Spectators
    Show

"Let's just say, he was worth the cost to ensure no one will take him."

[And the more annoying part, is that Greece's UA is an additional 5% culture per city state suzerain, so obviously I want to deny Ray as many as possible. The brightside is he actually needed Geneva's bonus to keep up with me in science.]

30. - Top - End - #240

Spoiler: Tvtyrant;India
    Show

"So. We can see that the greece empire is making literally ten times your culture. Do you have any plans to halt this, before your culture vanishes from the world and your people embrace theirs?"

"We have sent cocoa and spices as a sign of good faith."

~Heather Harrington