New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Civ VI Multiplayer itP?

Spoiler: DataNinja /Rome
    Show
    For many years, we have been friends. But today I write to you in fear of another. The Greeks, those who claim the name of the Hydra. I do not know if you know of any way of slowing their cultural progress, however, i had some limited success earlier by usurping their stranglehold on one of the lesser city states. I do not know if you can do the same or not, but I fear some of their fashion choices...

Edit: I also edited the title for the first post. Hope everyone likes it. Seemed appropriate considering our starts.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2020-07-31 at 09:29 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Looks very apt.

Spoiler: Lentrax / Japan
    Show
    I am afraid that I have not any method at the current time. My lands have not been good for development, and have been consistently beset upon by barbarians. Yet more who reject The Lady's word have been building encampments outside our lands. Hopefully that shall soon cease.

Regardless, I will look to see if I can increase the presence of our cultural phenomena from outside the temples, to more entertainment in the streets. I will see, too, what city states my delegations might be able to wrest. I have a few that I have been debating on where to send. Needless to say, now that I have some more westward cities, I will likely send some of my people to search the land between us, so that I can proceed to send some traders who will build up both of our peoples. As, unfortunately, long have the mountains (and the westward barbarians) stymied our exploration.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Civ6itp 1: We Came From the Lands of Ice and Snow

Hydra questions the naming decision from our jungle fortresses.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Hydra can just go hush. Too many of us came from the frozen tundras to not use the title...

Spoiler: DataNinja/ Rome
    Show
    In the interests of building cooperation, and to help build your nation up, I can send some of my Samurai to help clear the heathens.

But only with your permission.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    While the offer is appreciated, we must decline. We do not begrudge those who stray from Her gaze, but when they attempt to defile Her lands or Her people, then it becomes... personal. I do hope that you understand.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Tvtyrant:india
    Show

"So to refer to your question. Right now the plan is to slow him down, he seems to be gaining culture from his city state allies, do you have the envoys to get any off him?"

[Greece's UA is +5% culture for each suzerainity.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Spoiler: Tvtyrant:india
    Show

"So to refer to your question. Right now the plan is to slow him down, he seems to be gaining culture from his city state allies, do you have the envoys to get any off him?"

[Greece's UA is +5% culture for each suzerainity.]
    Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    Yeah, I will see what I can do :)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: DataNinja/ Rome
    Show
    We understand completely. We only hope that our offer was not offensive.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Oh, no, of course not. Cultures the world over are oh so very different. We would not expect you to know every bit of our lives from the few interactions that we've had. Hopefully once trade is up and running, we should be able to help bridge that gap.

10. - Top - End - #250

Spoiler: Tvtyrant;India
    Show

"Hey, how many city-state were you able to influence, cause as far as we can tell you haven't taken any. Although there is the possibility of one or more city state being as of yet unknown to us."

~Heather Harrington

Spoiler: Raygallade;Greece
    Show

"Is everything okay? We've noticed your walls in Typholis, are you having that much of a barbarian problem?"

~Heather Harrington

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Illven (Germany)
    Show
    Never fear, Heather of Germany. For Hydra science shall soon discover the most efficient method of defending all of our lands from any invaders. Of course, this means that shortly we shall have no reason to construct such beautiful walls around our lands, but we do believe that your citizens seem to enjoy walking around on them and telling their friends to come see them, so until then we shall continue building walls.

HAIL HYDRA!
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    I'm taking Brussels next turn. I don't have that many envoys.

13. - Top - End - #253

Show

"Is that what those troops surrounding Japan's border city with you, intend to do?"

~Heather Harrington.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Show

"Is that what those troops surrounding Japan's border city with you, intend to do?"

~Heather Harrington.
    Spoiler: Ilven
    Show

Just probing.

You wanted to stop Gallade right? Go for the throat. He can't let me die without becoming exposed, so if you come at me swinging you can knock him out.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2020-08-04 at 10:13 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255

"We of the German empire at Harrington Estate, condemn in the strongest possible terms this Indian declaration of war upon our allies the Valkyries. No reason or justification for this war has been given for what we must assume is a naked territory grab. Gandhi threatens the balance of the world, that ties us all together into one world one people."

~Heather Harrington

[Denoucement to happen next turn.]

Spoiler: Lentrax;Japan
    Show

"Is there anyway that German empire can help you in this coming war?"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

This unprovoked attack will not stand. We have done nothingto harm the people's of India, and we will fight this tyranny with every breath of our lives.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Half of the people of our faith are trapped within your heretical walls! Free our brethern!

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

My citizens who choose to worship your ways are free to do so.

I house peoples of all religions and faiths. In fact, so many of us have forgotten our ways that my holy centers have not had practitioners of our faith, Shinto, for centuries.

I cannot free those who are not slaves.

Withdraw your armies from my borders, and let us talk.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Well, uh, clearly a lot of things have happened very quickly. Regardless, The Lady offers sanctuary to any citizen who wishes to take refuge in Her lands. So long as you accept Her benediction, at the very least. We have had far too many barbarians attempt to insist otherwise...

20. - Top - End - #260

Spoiler: RayGallade;Greece
    Show

"We are going to need you to stop buying out our city-states, your repeated attempts to do so are a concern to my people."

~Heather Harrington.

21. - Top - End - #261

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

"Once legends of flying men soared, but now with the power of our H wings, those legends have become a reality."

"We cannot manage to grab Geneva back, however our sources of water will not leave us."

"This great scientist has called our world the Great second chance for our people. But truly once you go down the dark side, there is no going back."

"The strength of our code of culture is our only defense against the mutliheaded threat of greece's tourism."

"We have decided to head for radio, to broadcast our words of peace over the world."

"And our most productive city, the jewel of our queendom."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: llven (Germany)
    Show
    Heather of Germany, I certainly hope you are not threatening Hydra. Are you going to launch an unprovoked attack at us as Gandhi did against Japan? Let it be known that would not be wise, for Hydra is mighty and does not appreciate being told what to do.

The people of Geneva cry out for Hydra's guidance in these troubled times. Here is our offer. We will agree not to actively court Mohenjo-Daro for the time being if you cede your claim to Geneva.

Accept our offer if you will. Otherwise, we will continue to send our envoys where we please.

HAIL HYDRA!

23. - Top - End - #263

Show

"I believe repeatedly hamstringing our diplomatic efforts, is in fact provocation. Though granted we have no plans to attack you in the present."

"However that deal is no where close to fair, give up our claim on Geneva forevermore, for a promise to only not actively court Mohenjo-Daro for the time being?"

"We can continue these negotiations when we receive a real offer."

~Heather Harrington.
    Last edited by Illven; 2020-08-04 at 11:46 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    The way we see it here in Hydra headquarters, your people are misguided. You don't seem to have any plan, let alone a 5-year plan, guiding your people. Sure you have lots of money, but can you eat money? As such, the city states come to us for our guidance. Most seem in agreement that joining with Hydra is a wise endeavor. Not to mention, our scholars have traveled far and wide to speak with all the states of the world, a feat of which I am sure your diplomats cannot boast.

You, of course, could continue to "compete" for the affections of the states, but that would be unwise. We have the means to welcome any state you sway back into our fold with naught but a mere whisper, for our words are spoken far clearer than yours.

You ask for another offer, then I give you this: Geneva is non-negotiable. We will continue to treat with them as we wish. If you desire Mohenjo-Daro so badly, then prove it to us. We see that money is precious to your people. We currently have 7 delegates in their governing body. Each delegate will require some wealth redistributed per annum to him from your coffers, say 5 gold each cycle. If you want us to cease recruitment there for Hydra's agricultural division, then you will redistribute your wealth to us so that we may feed and house the poor in Typholis and our other coastal cities, who all desperately need shelter and food.

25. - Top - End - #265

Show

"You claim that money is precious to our people. While I would understand why you think that's the case you are mistaken, the power of our FULLY OPERATIONAL GERMAN HANSA's are what's actually important to our people, the wealth we enjoy is merely a nice side benefit."

"While we have used our production for the purposes of scientific endeavors, how do you think Zanzibar, and Buenos Aires defenses would compete with an artillery barge?"

~Heather Harrington.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    If you dare to attack the people of city states, then know that you shall have declared war on Hydra. Hydra's military can certainly go toe-to-toe with Germany's and we are prepared to mobilize at a moment's notice in retaliation. Tell me, Heather, do you truly wish to instigate a world war?

Our offer stands, you will pay our fare or we shall continue to recruit the city states as we please.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Illven/ Germany
    Show
    My lovely Lady Harrington.

For the longest time, you have been my staunchest ally, most fervent supporter, and
    my dearest love.

And now, I ask you for your aid. You have a knowledge of architecture that my people
    have envied for many years.

Buildings in the lands of the Kitsune and of the Valkyrie have been in your style for
    many years.

But now I ask for a more direct hand. I invite you to take charge of my cities for a
    time, bring your architects and designers and teach my people what you can.

I entrust you with the care of my people. Please care for them as you would care for
    your own. The fruits of these lands are of course, yours to keep.

Shade of my heart, whatever your response to this, know that it will not change my
    feelings for you.

With every fiber of my being, I thank you.

Yours eternally,

Kurigawa Suki. Empress and Shogun of the Japanese People.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Lentrax (Japan)
    Show
    Hydra's diplomatic corps is curious about why you just transferred control of the majority of the old Norse holdings to Germany.

HAIL HYDRA!

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Raygallade/ Greece
    Show
    I have contracted my cities out to my dearest ally, in the hopes that her superior engineering skills can help me bring the cities fully to bear in my recent and abrupt war with the despicable Ghandi.

I do regret that my own people have proven inadequate to the task, but I will do what I must to ensure the survival of my people.

Once she has completed their works, they will be returned back to my nobility for my ongoing conflict.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

30. - Top - End - #270

Spoiler: Lentrax;Japan
    Show

"My dearest Suki, know that by the time this missive reaches you our people and architects are already optimizing your lands. Campuses are being set up, FULLY OPERATIONAL GERMAN HANSA's, farm triangles, our engineers have gone to our lands to work their miracles."

"In addition, our military officers are directing the factories of our homeland. Assembly lines that once printed books for our universities, have started producing rifles, and cannons for war. Our peoples close to yours have started signing up for the war in droves. Battalions are being made of our volunteers. Together we will drive back Gandhi the mad's bloodlust. Although Tsundere central is under siege, I dream of a day where the people of Tsundere Central know peace yet again."

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

"We may not need this, but anything to stop the power of Greece's tourism."

"We shall christian this troop of cavalry the 501st for they shall be the first of many troops sent to Tsundere Central to stop the siege."

"Already we've standardized trade from the Valkyrie lands to our own to boost the productivity of their people.

"Our people expand the fertile farmland of the Kitsune Shrine."

"As the Angels start to study the finer mysteries."

"Here we see the results of the war effort."

"The fires in Tsundere Central are spreading, but what Gandhi the mad, fails to realize is that flames scorch friend and foe alike."