Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Intrest check: The Farmer Rebellion (Pathfinder 1)

Quote Originally Posted by thenewflesh View Post
    It would be play-by-chat. Is discord where everyone's still leaning? I actually don't care whether we use the forums or a chat.
    Again, if anyone cares at all, I'll play in the forums but not on discord

Spoiler: GitP Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I think this is the most civil battle between Good and Evil I've ever seen...
    10 Commandments of Op./Practical Op.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

We will probably be starting on the forums

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wkwkwkwk1 View Post
    Again, if anyone cares at all, I'll play in the forums but not on discord
    Yeah, the GM said we'd be playing on the forums. You're good to go.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottensage View Post
    We will probably be starting on the forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron View Post
    Yeah, the GM said we'd be playing on the forums. You're good to go.
    Woot!!

Let's roll some scores!

(4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[6]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[14]

Oh man, what?

Since my physical scores are in the gutter, maybe I'll just take two age categories up and be the wizened old man dispensing wisdom
    Last edited by wkwkwkwk1; 2020-06-03 at 04:27 AM.

Show
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

You don't have to take the scores in order, although I do love the idea of a frail old man.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

You don't have to take the scores in order, although I do love the idea of a frail old man.
    Yes, I saw that later but decided to go with the order

I present to you Zarkuzet Lini (Zark for short), gnome craftsman, veterinarian, healer, and odd-job man during the day, and dispenser of wisdom and poison after sunset

Very focused on poisons, Craft (Alchemy), and racial magic, and also a decent healer and animal handler. Has a small mouse constantly peeking out of his pockets and scurrying under his clothes (or is it more than one?). Didn't live to see this age by being impulsive and jumping headlong into danger with his measly 3 HP and 8 AC. His motivation? He likes to keep that secret (which means I didn't yet think of one, and honestly it's probably gonna come up once we get to know the setting better).

Show
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

7. - Top - End - #37

I love it. I'll just wait in case one or two more players want to join and then we can start. If Forgottensage can edit the OP to indicate that we found a GM, perhaps that will expedite things.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ah what the heck, something to spruce up the barrage of heroic adventures I am playing:

(4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[11]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I love it. I'll just wait in case one or two more players want to join and then we can start. If Forgottensage can edit the OP to indicate that we found a GM, perhaps that will expedite things.
    Trying to find the right image is hard ;-;

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Here Roland is so far. Crushed my heart using two feats for armor and shield proficiency never realized how much Iíve taken that for granted...

Lastly still trying to think of what to spend my last gold on lol.Used 1sp and 7cp hoarding the rest *-*

Edit
    Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Roland ever since day young dreamt of becoming a hero. He has heard tales of mighty heroes slaying dragons. Being able to fight off hundreds of foes! Able to travel the world! He was sadly born into a small commoner household. His father was killed due to stepping in front of a passing nobles carriage. The noble being angered had his guards beat and kill him and threw him to the side of the road. His mother was a cloth washer who made a few copper coins a day. As soon as Roland turned 8 he has been trying to do odd jobs here and there to help his mother with the financial burdens. Sadly he was too late. His mother fatigued and overworked passed away when he was 10 leaving him all alone in the world.
    Roland didnít have enough money to bury his mother had to bring her out of the city and bury her in the forest. Finding a thick branch he spent a few days venturing back and forth digging out a deep hole to bury her. After making a 6ft hole he places her in. His sadness great he starts to cover her with dirt after 5ft he gathers all the stones he can find and lays them down filling the hole the best he can to prevent wild animals from digging her up. Lastly moving the rest of the dirt with his hands he makes a marker on her grave and pray that the gods will protect her in the afterlife.
    After that Roland renewed his determination to have control of his own life. Working harder and longer each day his body and endurance grew. Saving up all the copper coins he received from his work it took him an additional 4 years until he finally had everything to start his journey. A shield, leather armor and two spears. Looking at himself in the creek he realizes his body is gaunt and small. Due to him skipping meals to afford to save up that extra copper. The armor didnít fit well and the shield was awkward. Thinking about it he realizes he would just be killed if he ventured off now.
    After another 2 years of self imposed training and work he filled out by eating as much as he could afford. While training on how to adapt to the armor and shield. Nodding in satisfaction he decides its time to set off the day of his 16th birthday.
    Walking to his motherís grave he narrates his goals and dreams and promises that one day he will rise and be well known!

Last edited by Eternal-Heart; 2020-06-03 at 03:32 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Default Re: Gm found: The Farmer Rebellion (Pathfinder 1)

So I made the worst race when it comes to running away, a Dwarf. He is supposed to be an out-of-luck blacksmith, whose forge burned down. He says it is arson, but who believes him? And furthermore, who cares enough to help him? A building burning down in a lagoon city? Unheard off.

Second weird question: My character can easily pregame craft his metal gear (namely a warhammer and a heavy steel shield). Would it be possible for me to do this? (basically just pay a third?) I want a metal shield for character reasons. The change would slightly upgrade my shield and leave me with 6 gold instead of 1 for the rest of my stuff.

(He will probably be the one that would make a stand against unimaginable monsters of the deep, tho. I am unsure if that is fitting for the game.)

12. - Top - End - #42

Great! That's the five character sheets I wanted. Recruitment's shut; give me a day or two to get the game rolling.

You're free to take a stand against the unimaginable monsters of the deep! You may not survive long, but who knows? If you die, I'm not going to say any more than this, but you might be rolling up a new character, or something else might happen...

As for the shield, let me think on it.
    Last edited by thenewflesh; 2020-06-04 at 01:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Thanks. For rules reasons: Crafting is half the Craft check in gold coins per week, Taking 10 I can get 18, so 9 gold pieces per week (the dwarven trait doubles this), so this could basically be a single week worth of work for me. I feel that is appropriate but I already gave myself a breastplate via a trait, so I can understand if this is not wanted.

e: Forget it, I totally blanked on needing shield proficiency.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

I have three questions:

1. Do our characters have their own home/workshop? If not, then where do they live?
    2. If they have their own home, do we have to purchase basic items like a bedroll and such? Or just the "useful" items?
    3. My character has several animals. Is it unreasonable to assume he had time to teach them tricks?

Show
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

15. - Top - End - #45

Good questions. You can have a home and all the possessions within; however, if you plan on going adventuring with an item, you have to pay for it. As for animals and tricks, sure, go ahead, but exercise reason.

Edit: I liked "???" for the location of your mouse. I don't know how much fighting you plan on your animals doing, but it may grow to be a hassle keeping track of an entire menagerie in battle.
    Last edited by thenewflesh; 2020-06-04 at 11:22 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Good questions. You can have a home and all the possessions within; however, if you plan on going adventuring with an item, you have to pay for it. As for animals and tricks, sure, go ahead, but exercise reason.
    Alright! Reason will be exercised

Edit: I liked "???" for the location of your mouse. I don't know how much fighting you plan on your animals doing, but it may grow to be a hassle keeping track of an entire menagerie in battle.
    Hehehe thank you

Not much fighting, if at all. Mostly companions/scouts (making liberal use of Speak with Animals), some venom producers, and the donkey as a mount (hey, anything is faster than those stubby gnomish legs! And with the stats of a pony, 40 ft./round with the Run feat, that's respectable ).

Also, flint and steel at 1 gp? That's a steal!

Show
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2224436

Here is my character if anyone intrested

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Also, flint and steel at 1 gp? That's a steal!
    Yea backpack is expensive as well...I bought twine(1cp!)to use my bedroll as small storage since I couldnít afford one. Also was thinking of buying a pouch but couldnít find one xD.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal-Heart View Post
    Yea backpack is expensive as well...I bought twine(1cp!)to use my bedroll as small storage since I couldnít afford one. Also was thinking of buying a pouch but couldnít find one xD.
    You could buy a waist pouch or bandolier for 5 sp, or a simple sack for 1 sp. Or keep your bedroll

Show
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

;-; ty...so hard being poor.

21. - Top - End - #51

With several of us having "real jobs" ingame, this could very well go from "vigilante investigation" to "well, we need money so maybe a pyramid scheme first, then investigation".

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    With several of us having "real jobs" ingame, this could very well go from "vigilante investigation" to "well, we need money so maybe a pyramid scheme first, then investigation".
    My guy was a grunt xD hauling bags or moving bricks. He is still pretty young lol. He has high fantasyís that probably would never come to fruition.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

It is! When you think 1 gp is just spare change for an adventurer...

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    I can earn us some money selling poison on the black market

My guy was a grunt xD hauling bags or moving bricks. He is still pretty young lol. He has high fantasyís that probably would never come to fruition.
    Don't complain, you young whippersnappers have it easy with three times my HP!

Show
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It is! When you think 1 gp is just spare change for an adventurer...

I can earn us some money selling poison on the black market

Don't complain, you young whippersnappers have it easy with three times my HP!
    Lol my backbreaking work and efforts made me strong! (9hp) also canít wait to successfully raid a weak or small outpost and see all the gold. If he makes 20gold in one raid thatís the equivalent of him working hard for 4 years while skipping meals lol.

25. - Top - End - #55

Things at work get complicated. I cant take another game, even though I practically spend all my free time on this forum. Sorry.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

This sounds awesome! Just joined the forums but I'm super interested in playing pretty much anything.

27. - Top - End - #57

Good luck with the work thing, Spore.

To those which remain (and NulliusinVerba, if you come up with a character quickly enough), here's the OOC: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...The-Fathomless.