New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default DM HELP. What book are there stats for Tieflings/Aasimar? Angel and Demon NPC needed.

Hey there.

I'm currently DM'ing a small part in a rather ambitious, but interesting, campaign in DnD.

I have control of an island and am in charge of the big bad, or in this case, big bads.

They're twins. One is good, one is evil. However, to make things simple, both are evil. Their good selves are elsewhere for the main DM to figure out how to incorporate.

I need to stat up these twins. The characters they are based on are basically an Angel and a Demon. Both women. One has angel wings, one has demon wings.

So I thought the easiest way to stat them would be to use Tiefling and Aasimar stats, or at least as close as I could get, and just give them wings to give the same appearance.

I simply don't know what book in 2nd edition I could find them. I'd appreciate the help in being told what book they are in.

Also, if you don't think that the Aasimar and Tiefling would fit, I'd also appreciate some kind of direction towards characters or monsters that would fit better as well as what book and where to find them. Thanks.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: DM HELP. What book are there stats for Tieflings/Aasimar? Angel and Demon NPC nee

Tieflings are originally from the Planescape Campaign setting.

Not sure about the origin of the Aasimar, but there's 2e material in Warriors of Heaven.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: DM HELP. What book are there stats for Tieflings/Aasimar? Angel and Demon NPC nee

The original Aasimar originally appeared in, I believe, the 2nd Planescape Monstrous Compendium.

It also appeared in the Planewalker's Handbook along with the Genasi I think.
    It doesn't matter what game you're playing as long as you're having fun.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

For generic 2E:
    Guide to Hell has Devilkin, half-baatezu.
    Warriors of Heaven has Aasimar, mortal celestials (that's new to me, and different than the normal treatment; I've never looked at that before)

For Planescape 2E:
    The Planewalkers Handbook, Aasimar and Tiefling
    Planescape Monstrous Compendium 1, Tiefling
    Planescape Monstrous Compendium 2, Aasimar