New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Add Raichu In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

This is my opinion to add Raichu in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Raichu is more powerful, tougher and faster than Pikachu and Pichu. It should have the same Final Smash as Pikachu but it should more control to handle. And finally adding Raichu should include the Pikachu evolution family. So what do you think about it?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Add Raichu In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Aren't there like 1000+ Pokemon that aren't in the game? Why would it make more sense to add all the evolutions instead of just having them be skins?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Aren't there like 1000+ Pokemon that aren't in the game? Why would it make more sense to add all the evolutions instead of just having them be skins?
    Skins? What's that?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    The next pokemon to join smash will almost certainly be from Sword/Shield. Rillaboom, Sirfetch'd, Toxtricity, and Urshifu seem like likely choices, but I'd prefer they throw us a curveball and do something crazy like Zacian.
    Last edited by Squark; 2020-05-30 at 04:36 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Skins? What's that?
    Costumes. You know how instead of alternate colors some characters have complete different looks? Like the male and female versions of Wii Fit Trainer, Robin, etc? Those are also called "skins" by some gamers.

And yeah, if they were going to do something like Raichu, that would be the way to do it. Unless there'd be at least as many gameplay differences as Ryu and Ken (and I don't think there would be), I don't think it's worth adding something like that as an echo character. Also, we were told that they don't want to do echo characters as DLC anyway, so yeah, don't expect anything like that. If there's another Pokémon added (and I think that's a fair-sized if), it's almost certain to be one from the newest games.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Costumes. You know how instead of alternate colors some characters have complete different looks? Like the male and female versions of Wii Fit Trainer, Robin, etc? Those are also called "skins" by some gamers.

And yeah, if they were going to do something like Raichu, that would be the way to do it. Unless there'd be at least as many gameplay differences as Ryu and Ken (and I don't think there would be), I don't think it's worth adding something like that as an echo character. Also, we were told that they don't want to do echo characters as DLC anyway, so yeah, don't expect anything like that. If there's another Pokémon added (and I think that's a fair-sized if), it's almost certain to be one from the newest games.
    Oh ok.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-05-30 at 02:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

At best Kanto Raichu would be an echo fighter of Pikachu. i don't see it adding anything too significant that we don't already have.

Alolan Raichu's additional psychic typing and hoverboard tail could add a bit of variety, mechanically speaking, to the pikachu playstyle if we're looking at a different character altogether, but this form's not nearly as popular as any of the starters we currently have, or iconic ones like Mewtwo or Lucario, so it's chance of existing is slim to none.

As for the next pokemon, it's likely gonna be a Gen 8.

Any of the 3 starters final evo, toxtricity, obstagoon, sirfetched and urshifu would be my top gen 8 contenders.

Then again: Sakurai did go "lol pirana plant" so who knows what's in the pipes.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Raichu already is in Ultimate. The Alolan variant has a chance to pop out of the pokeball.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Given that Smash Bros is pretty much Nintendo's Hall of Fame for Videogames, I honestly don't see Raichu cutting it. Pikachu is the face of Pokemon, Pichu mostly a joke character back in Melee was dropped afterwards and only brought back because of the Everyone Is Here thing. Though vastly improved, I will mention. There's nothing that Raichu brings to the table that is worth an entire character development cycle for.