Conditions:
    Afraid:◻
    Angry: ◻
    Guilty:◻
    Insecure: ▣
    Hopeless:◻

Hold 0

Potential: ▣ ▣ ▣ ◻ ◻

We see a panel with a thought box over Gravitic.

I know I'm pushing it but…

I can't let this stop me.

She doesn't have anything else going on. Debrief later. The others might worry, but this lead is too big. She hasn't had anything in a while. If she could at least find out where Lash is being detained that'd be good enough. The Ferrymen's HQ. Breaking in would get her in loads of trouble but perhaps some other opportunity would present itself. She'd have to swallow her pride and walk in through the front.

We get a panel of Gravitic walking through topside. Having a costume on is sure to attract some attention She knows enough to be able to find a Ferryman. She approaches the most colorful one she can find to try to talk. Preferably one that doesn't know her by name.

“Hey. I need to speak to someone about a jailed villain. I'm looking to coordinate information.”

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Forgot to put last time that I lost influence over Luck and shift Superior down, Mundane up.
    Last edited by Kubular; 2020-07-06 at 01:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Garuda, The Ringed City: The Delvers

Pool: 1

Ember, Outlier, The Girl, Others: The Beach

Unfortunately any kinds words fall on deaf ears as The Girl ducks and dodges around you, using anyone in the immediate vacinity to put herself out of your reach. You might have found her but you had to go looking for a reason, she didn't want to be found in the first place. The longer the chase, the more people seem to notice what's going down and it's not long before you see her leap behind a stocky older woman and several younger teens.

"Where you think ya'll're goin?" comes the southern drawl, a powerful baton swung before the both of you. "Seem's like vaca's over children. Baddies're muckin the beach up." A splash page follows. Southern June and the Triplets splashes across the page with stars and stripes. "Yeee-haaaaaw" further scrawls across the page. "Now why don't you two sweeties stop'n jaw wag wit us?" Another swing of the massive glowing weapon sends sand and stalls into the sky. "You'n first, gasbag." With a flourish a dust devil of the aforementioned stuff comes flying at you Ember. It doesn't hurt but it certainly makes things harder to see.

The Girl stops to watch from a safe vantage point close to the street. Just in case, it would seem.

Spoiler: OOC Ember
    Show
    Take -1 to your next roll as you deal with low visibility

Backfire, Animus: Animus's Place

Your mentor is quiet through the list of questions, attentive at least though lets you say your piece. "No one knows what's inside the Vault that rests in the center of Noxport. It's never been opened in recorded history and the people of Noxport have kept it safe for all these years. Perhaps you should speak with them, the Mama's know more than they're sharing with us up here on the surface. As for the rest...becoming a leader takes time. You can't lead people who don't think of you as a leader. Go slowly, make them think they're in control. Use your head. Was that all?"

Gravitic, The Ferrymen: Ferrymen HQ

The Ferryman's HQ is a sprawling place, modern in its design but incorporating many of the buildings past with sweeping gardens between older segments and large rivers to take their gondola into the city and the oceans beyond. A large crack dominates the center of the headquarters, their main method of reaching the lower range of Garuda and it is here you come from. The Ferrymen's gondola don't just swim through water after all. The person at the front desk that receives you however has little time for your questions. The hustle and bustle of a major transportation hub aside, they direct you to the information booth.

The older woman there is no more help that the front desk. "The Ferrymen do not share information with unaligned members of the heroic populace nor keep detailed information on prisoner transfers. You will need to direct your question to the Three Houses for any such information." Her tone is terse, the look she passes over you with a critical eye. "I would recommend saving your time. The Three Houses are very busy with wide spread villainous activity. It does not concern you lower folk. Go back down your hole, where it is safe, and leave this city in peace."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Ember
    Show
    Labels:
    Danger 0
    Freak 0
    Savior +3
    Superior 0
    Mundane 0

Potential: 2/5

Conditions: None

Anwar recoils from the blast of sand and debris. So much for not trying to make a scene... He melts into smoke for an instant, just long enough for his new outfit to fall to the ground, then Ember reforms surrounded by his own swirling winds. He tries to push back the cloud of junk as he rises into the air, hopefully out of the range of that glowing club and the apparition from a bad country music video that's holding it...

"We just need to talk to that lady. She was with Lash and her gang. The people who just shot up half of Noxport, if you haven't been watching the news..."

Well, the girl had been with Lash. For certain values of 'with,' but there isn't time for a detailed explanation.

Show

(Discord) Provoke June into standing down: 2d6-1 [10]
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: Backfire
    Show
    Labels:
    Danger: -1
    Freak: 0
    Savior: +2
    Superior: +2
    Mundane: +0

Conditions:
    Afraid:O
    Angry:O
    Guilty:O
    Insecure:X
    Hopeless:O

Potential: X O O O O

Miranda nods along with Anima's advice.
    "Right, thank you. Oh, the team's been alright, I think. Mostly. Gravitic's really invested in finding out what happened to her mentor, she got really thrown off when Lash mentioned beating them. Ember hasn't been displaying any sort of connection to the family business, actually had to talk Chameleon down from going berserk and attacking him after nearly killing a goon. Outlier seems really unlucky for a probability manipulator... but I guess that's sort of what I have to look out for. That's all for now."
    Miranda waits for Anima to respond, in case they have any questions before she leaves.
    I better get back to base, I'll talk to the rest of the team, then see if I have some time to do some asking around about the vault. I wonder if I know anyone better at interviewing people...

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

OUTLIER
    Conditions: Angry, Guilty, Insecure
    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Freak: +1
    • Danger: +1
    • Savior: +2
    • Superior: +0
    • Mundane: -1

Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    • Breaking Out: Whenever you break through an impediment placed upon you or subvert a Hero’s expectations of your Heroic Tradition, you may roll + Danger. On a miss, you escape but you leave something behind and mark a Condition. On a hit, choose one. On a 10+ choose two.
      • You may ask one question as if you’d rolled a hit on Pierce the Mask
      • Clear a Condition or Mark Potential.
      • Place your captor in chains
      • Create an opportunity for your teammates

• Like the Good Old Days: When you Directly Engage an opponent alongside a teammate, you may mark a Condition to provide them an additional option, even on a miss. If they are a member of a Heroic Tradition, add 1 Team to the Pool.

Outlier had been ready to give a straight answer to the understandable question – it really did look like they were maliciously hounding this poor girl – but Ember’s misleading reply threw him a bit. That’s not how he would have done it himself, but he wasn’t going to undermine his teammate by contradicting him right off the bat.

He kept an eye on the Girl – who also seems to have paused to watch the encounter – and tried to look non-threatening in the face of these...colourful heroes.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Gravitic
    Show

Labels:
    Danger: +1
    Freak: +1
    Savior: -2
    Mundane: +1

Conditions:

Hold 0

Potential: ▣ ▣ ▣ ◻ ◻

Gravitic is fuming. Face red, steam out of the ears, the whole thing. She gives a scornful laugh,

”Back to my hole where it’s safe? You think you’re being funny? I saved the lot of you a world of trouble. You should be god damn grateful! I don’t need your help. And I don’t need your lip. I was just extending a professional courtesy. Who the hell are you so I know who to report when I get a hold of the actual heroes?”

Meanwhile, commuters and others going about their daily business likely give the heroine a wide berth while walking past her. It isn’t likely that this is the first angry costumed teenager they’ve seen.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Ember, Outlier, The Girl: Beryl Beach

What could well have been a fight seems over quickly, so quickly even The Girl can't help but gape as the foreign heroes move out of the way. "We don't need no trouble if'n this is some local dispute. We'll be watchin you, don't go far." Southern June then turns towards The Girl's vantage, motioning her closer. "They won't hurtchu long as I'm here. I don't know 'bout no Rash or whatever but ifn'they wanted a brawl they'dve found it. Now git."

The Girl moves closer though not close enough to speak to quietly, leaving enough room between the two of you (and the other heroes) and herself just in case. She remains silent, watching expectantly. Especially towards Outlier.

Backfire, Animus: Animus's Base

Animus has nothing to add, giving a terse though not uncharacteristic nod to see you off. They've at least pointed you in the right direction. Easiest way back down to Noxport would be through the Ferrymen, most heroes working topside having a general travel pass to the lower reaches of the city state. All is not quite there however and as you approach you can see why. Gravitic seems to have begun a row.

Gravitic, The Ferrymen: Ferrymen HQ

The attendent gives you what one might call bored, indifferent maybe. When you work in a service job, all the rants begin to sound the same. "Yes I'm sure you're very important in whatever your hovel might be named miss." he begins with the dry uncaring of someone making minimum wage. "We provide a transpiration service, we are not a directory nor are we obligated to provide information to non-aligned heroes. I'm in no position to provide the likes of you any further information and will insist that you depart from here immediately before I must call a true hero to resolve this issue."

Show
    Very clearly using his influence on you here. Telling you that you're not a real hero, you're just some trash to be discarded. Roll to reject or shift Danger down and Freak up.
    Last edited by Razade; 2020-07-12 at 12:09 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show

Labels:
    Danger: +0
    Freak: +2

Conditions:
    Angry: ▣

Hold 0

Potential: ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ◻

”You'd be doing me a favor.” Gravitic spits.

”Where were the 'true heroes' when Orbital went missing? Sitting pretty up here filing their nails. They give lip service; 'we're doing our best' pretending to act like they care, but they're fake. They don't give a crap, this is all ego for them. So you know what? I'm glad I'm not a 'true hero'. I may not be clean but at least I do the work!

She looks around at all the people giving her space, trying not to make eye contact, What are you looking at? All of you can suck it!”

She spots Backfire and looks aside, avoiding eye contact, "What do you want? Did you follow me?”

Show

Rolled to reject influence: 6
    Mark potential, Mark Angry, shift Danger down, Freak up.
    Last edited by Kubular; 2020-07-15 at 02:27 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Show
    Labels:

Conditions:

"No, should I be?" She looks around at the people surrounding them.
    "We'll find Orbital, come on..." She waves for Gravitic to join her in walking back to the gondola. "...Lash was just trying to get under your skin. She doesn't know anything about Orbital's disappearance, or where he is now."

Show
    Angling for a comfort and support: rolled 7 [discord]

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Labels:
    Danger 0
    Freak 0
    Savior +3
    Superior 0
    Mundane 0

Anwar settles back to the ground but makes no attempt to get closer to the girl. Instead he speaks, in what he hopes is a calm and reassuring voice.

"We know you were with Lash, but it was pretty clear you didn't want to be there. If you were trying to fight us because you're scared of her... or thought we were with her... don't worry. Lash is on her way to a cell right now. And if all of us are against Lash and what she is doing, we probably have a lot to talk about. Because I'm pretty sure, whatever this deal with the Vault is, she isn't in it by herself..."

11. - Top - End - #71

PirateGuy

OUTLIER
    Show

Show
    • Breaking Out: Whenever you break through an impediment placed upon you or subvert a Hero’s expectations of your Heroic Tradition, you may roll + Danger. On a miss, you escape but you leave something behind and mark a Condition. On a hit, choose one. On a 10+ choose two.

• Like the Good Old Days: When you Directly Engage an opponent alongside a teammate, you may mark a Condition to provide them an additional option, even on a miss. If they are a member of a Heroic Tradition, add 1 Team to the Pool.

"We're not trying to use you, or capture you, or hurt you," Outlier adds. "We want to make sure that you’re okay, and hopefully get some insight on what Lash was attempting. I'm…sorry," he apologises, averting his eyes. "I certainly didn't intend to put your life in jeopardy when I was trying to rescue you from Lash and her goons." He totally could understand why she'd reacted the way she did. Doesn't mean he liked it, but….

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Outlier, Ember, The Girl: Beryl Beach

The Girl gives you both a cool look, folding her arms more fully about herself. Almost defensive. "I know you weren't working with that monster. Doesn't change matters, I don't want to be involved in your street fight. I'm not a bone to fight over. That includes talking about it. What she wants, what her friends want, has nothing to do with me. Not when the city's saftey is at stake. So what can you give me to get me involved? How much is destroying Garuda worth to you?"

She glances around at the last sentence, not a gesture of power to be sure. "We shouldn't be talking about this here anyway. What will you give me to take it somewhere else, before we even get into what it is you actually want. I'd just as soon rather never see either of you two again or the lunatics you're fighting."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show

Labels:

Conditions:

Hold 0

Backfire and Gravitic

”You don’-” Gravitic starts, then looks Backfire in the eye. She deflates a bit and looks around her at the busy street. ”Yeah, I’m done here anyway.” And she walks away head held high and away from the info booth.

Gravitic is silent at first, but sometime after the info booth is out of sight the booth, she hisses ”Why did you come looking for me? I can handle this myself.” She pauses, then huffs, ”Look, thank you for your support. It’s very nice, but this is my problem.”

Deirdre isn’t a particularly open person, but she hasn’t brought up the slip-up with Lash, and seems to have calmed down substantially.

Show
    Clear Angry. Thank youuu

14. - Top - End - #74

PirateGuy

OUTLIER
    Show

Show

Outlier gives Ember a helpless look for a moment before addressing the Girl.

"I can give you my promise that we’re not looking to hurt you, use you, or in any other way detain you," he replies. "We’re not some rival gang looking to get our own piece of the action or anything; we’re heroes," he clarified. "This is Ember, you can call me Outlier. We’re Delvers."

Probably not exactly what she meant by ‘what can you give me’, but he’s not exactly overly stocked in cash, influence, or power at the moment. His emotions are still roiling, but he tries to project a calm demeanour despite this.

"Destroying the city, or the world, is kind of exactly the opposite of what we’re interested in," he goes on. "We want to keep people safe, if we can. Your assistance in that by providing information would be greatly appreciated, but if you’re not comfortable with that just knowing that you’re all right now is more than sufficient."

He hopes she will be willing to be forthcoming, but it’s not like they can force her to be helpful.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

Show
    Labels:

Conditions:

Miranda walks quietly, till Deirdre speaks, then she responds. "Sure, but if you need me, well, you know where my skills lie."

"Anyway, I didn't come looking for you, I was just heading back to the base. I have some things to give the team."
    Then, adding as an afterthought. "And I should put this into the artefact storage." She pulls out the artefact she had taken from Lash, with a slight smile on her face.
    Last edited by Finite State; 2020-07-23 at 04:13 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Labels:
    Danger 0
    Freak 0
    Savior +3
    Superior 0
    Mundane 0

Anwar tries to hide a frown...

"You're saying this isn't your fight. You don't want to be involved. But Lash and her faction cared enough to drag you into this mess. She may be locked up now, but you really think her backers are just going to forget about you? I can't give you money or things, but if you really want this to be over we can help you get these people out of your life. And if whatever they're up to is a danger to the whole city, it should be all of our business. "

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show

Labels:

Conditions:

Hold 0

”Yeah, whatever.” Gravitic rolls her eyes. She starts walking with Backfire and then says, ”We should get out of sight. You need a ride?” she says with a bit of mischief.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Outlier, Ember, The Girl: Beryl Beach

"If you want to avoid seeing Garuda sunk beneath the waves, then you need to forget you ever saw me. Neither of you can stand against this, your team either. You barely took down Lash and she's nothing compared to who else might try and open that Vault. I'm booking it out of this city at the earliest flight. I suggest the both of you do as well. There's an old man, down in Deeptide. If you really are as dumb as you appear, go talk to him. He'll tell you what you need to know. Maybe we'll be on the same plane afterwards."

Deeptide, as you both know, is the next town down beneath Garuda, directly on track from Noxport via the many tunnels and caverns that dwell beneath the city. While Noxport may be a free and often dicy place, Deeptide is where In Murk Clad reside, the true heroes of Garuda or so they claim. They, and their city, keep out of politics and are generally not fond of strange heroes setting foot in their home. Too busy fighting monsters or so the claim goes. Sometimes they'll drag a corpse up to remind those on the surface of what horrors live beneath them but even that's been quite a while. The Girl stares at you both, arms folding more tightly across her chest.

"That's all I can give you. Are you going to keep following me or am I free to go?"

Backfire, Gravitic: Ferryman HQ

Spoiler
    Show
    Just popping in to say keep at it, this may be a Provoke though, depending on how Gravitic responds though.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Show
    Labels:

Conditions:

Miranda looks over at Deirdre, thinks for a second, then... "You know what, sure. Just don't shoulder carry me."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Labels:
    Danger 0
    Freak 0
    Savior +3
    Superior 0
    Mundane 0

"No, we're not going to try to stop you. We're not on the team that takes hostages. But can you answer a couple of questions? The old man in Deeptide? I'm pretty sure there are lots of old guys down there... do you have a name? Maybe an address or at least a location? And why was Lash interested in you? What talent or skill or inside information do you have... or she thought you had... that would have helped her get into the Vault? Knowing that might give us some idea of who or what's coming next."

Anwar glances over at Aaron, hoping that he's not going to insist on a more rigorous debriefing... but maybe he has a question or two to add.
    Last edited by Swami Monsoon; 2020-07-30 at 10:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show

Labels:

Conditions:

Hold 0

”Stay close to me so we don't spin out.” Gravitic says grinning, and her power suffuses Backfire over a few moments. Then they take off, hurtling through the sky, until they backtrack to a portal to the city below. Gravitic glances over at the other girl to check her reaction.

They float-crawl along the ceiling and edges all the way to the base, where Gravtic drops Backfire at the entrance. Gravitic pulls off her mask and deposits it in her bag.

”I'm starving. You think we can order out to eat? I don't want to go back out to get stuff to cook. I need a shower as well, badly.” Deirdre says, peeling off her bloodied jacket and gloves as they enter the base.

22. - Top - End - #82

PirateGuy

OUTLIER
    Show

Show

As for himself, Outlier takes a step back and spreads his hands.

"We just wanted to make sure you were okay, and get some information if you were willing. You’re always free to go for all of me," he says, trying to will sincerity into his voice.

He’s upset that she’s treating them like they’re just as bad as any other gang looking out for their own advantage, which just feeds the pangs of guilt over the fact that she has reason not to think well of them; thanks to him. Despair eats away insidiously at his confidence, making him wonder why they had even bothered with all of the effort of running down someone who doesn’t want anything to do with them.

"We’ll take it from here, miss. Thank you for your time." Unlike before, he doesn’t even try to keep the defeat out of his voice.

Sometimes...you just can’t win. No matter how you finesse the odds.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Outlier, Ember: Beryl Beach

"Yeah well, don't say I didn't warn you. Should tell the rest of your team, maybe they'll have some sense." The Girl doesn't hang around, moving fairly quickly away from you and the beach in general. In minutes she blends back into the crowd of tourists, gone.

That leaves the two of you with not much else to do, going your separate ways at this juncture is probably not for the best and it might actually be a good time to meet up with the others. While you didn't get much, the Girl certainly seems terrified at the prospect of the Vault opening and the Mamas may know more than they've let on. Not to mention the name drop of Deeptide. If the Mamas won't share information, this person the Girl mentioned seems like a good angle. Best not to travel into Deeptide alone though, the path is dangerous and the city worse.

Lash: A Prison Cell

Lash sits in a holding cell, large and spacious though empty. Her arms are bound though with little more than surgical tape. With no seats or furniture of any sort, Lash simply sprawls across the floor. An opening slides from the walls as two figures step inside before the wall returns to its seamless state. The two are clearly members of the Court of Raptors, crests and suits denoting them as more than simple DA’s or cops.

“You and your friends have failed.” The first states without prelude, Lash wincing under the particularly withering tone. “The Vault remains closed and The Stranger continues their work. You understand that time is a factor?”

Lash merely nods, refusing to look up at the two figures as shadows ripple about their form.

“We’ve tapped the rest of your team, we’ll see if returning to the good graces of the Court might motivate them to be more expedient. We’ve worked out a deal for you and Boom in the meantime.” The first figure motions to the second who throws an envelope before Lash. Both watch as she struggles to open the package though with her arms bound she is quickly reduced to opening it with her teeth, smashing her face upon the floor for purchase.

“Boom will be released. You will remain here.” The first figure sums up as Lash grows more distraught, flecks of foam at the corners of her lips as her body begins to tremble. “If they fail, we’ll have to find someone else to retrieve the weapon and then we’ll have no use for you at all. Losing to children.” Both click their tongues against their teeth before turning. The wall slides open once more. “Pray to the Heavens we find that girl, Lash. Or lament your own worthlessness. They’ll do you both the same amount of good.” The figures step through the portal before it slides closed once more, leaving Lash alone to give a single cry of anguish before the panels return to the team.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Labels:
    Danger 0
    Freak 0
    Savior +3
    Superior 0
    Mundane 0

Anwar gathers his mundane clothes from where they had fallen to the sand and stuffs them into the tote bag that was included with their purchase. Even souvenir shop junk shouldn't go to waste, considering how many outfits he's already lost during hasty transformations. He turns to Aaron, trying hard to ignore the stares from the beach crowd all around him...

"Well, uh, that's a lot to digest. Maybe we should head back to base, see if the others are there yet. They're going to want to hear this... I just need to go back and grab my real clothes and stuff, then I'll meet you there."

He rises into the air and soars off toward the cliffs where he had been when he got news of trouble at the Vault, what feels like days ago now...

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

Show
    Labels:

Conditions:

Miranda's face revealed an emotion that, while not exactly a look of fear, was as much not-fear as someone not used to it can have while being flung above the city. Although she calms down a little, although still seems unsteady, as she gets used to it.

As they land outside the base door she grabs the handle for a second to let it unlock, then opens it. Heading through the unassuming door, into an unassuming room. She walks to the globe in the corner, spins it and taps on a few locations, and lets the wall beside it open into the actual base.

She takes a second of thought then responds. "Go ahead, just get them to deliver it to... not this door. We should figure out another place we can get stuff from..."

Stepping out of the small entry corridor and into the main atrium and meeting room, it's a mix of high tech flooring and furniture, and cave walls that stretch to form the dome above them.
    Two more corridors head off from this room, leading to smaller private rooms and artifact storage one way, and the medbay and library down the other.

Miranda glances around, looking for the rest of the team. "Uhh, well... I sort of thought they would be here already... well, here's your comms anyway."
    She tosses Deirdre a small box, then tosses the rest of the teams boxed earpieces onto the table in the middle of the room. "I'm going to go put the lash thing in storage, order me... whatever's good."
    Last edited by Finite State; 2020-08-09 at 03:55 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86

PirateGuy

OUTLIER
    Show

Show

Outlier just nods; there really isn't much they can do right now, certainly not without filling in the rest of the team first. And while it would have been nice not to have been left alone with his dark thoughts, he can't begrudge his teammate the need to collect his things.

Conscious of the eyes upon him, he shifts probabilities to place himself up near a parking lot, preparing for a series of jumps to get him to a conveyance to take him back down to the lower levels. He can certainly travel faster this way; but it takes not a whit less energy, and he's prepared to be more than a little worn by the time he joins the others.

Only fitting that his body's state matches that of his worn-out thoughts, if one is to ask him.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show

Labels:

Conditions:

Hold 0

”I'll just wait down the street on the corner for the delivery guys.” she replies with regard to the takeout.

Deirdre catches the small object with one hand and looks it over curiously. ”Cool.” she says simply.

”Hey.” Deirdre calls after Miranda as she walks towards the storage. She hesitates, then shakes her head, ”Nevermind.”

Deirdre calls to order food - beef curry - and hops in the shower to rinse off. Before heading out to the pickup spot.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

The smell of cumin and cardamom waft from the base, a homey smell to return to after what might be considered a disappointing return to the surface. It means at least one other teammate is home, two in fact. Where Chameleon disappeared to...is another story for another day.

With everyone together, and a nice hearty pot of food to do it over, now might be a good chance to discuss what you learned..or didn't...with your brief time away.

You have one week IRL time to do this. The scene will move on Saturday the 22nd. Take turns discussing things, if you're waiting on people let them know. Go.

29. - Top - End - #89

PirateGuy

OUTLIER
    Show

Show

Worn, drawn, and clearly not in high spirits, Outlier sits at the table with the others. Or rather – Aaron sits there, his hood pulled back to reveal the aforementioned continence. Food is nearby, but his appetite isn’t anything approaching sufficient at the moment.

"The Girl was all right when we found her, but wasn’t at all interested in helping out – she ‘didn’t want to get caught up between any more gangs’," he reports. "She wouldn’t say what it was that made Lash so interested in keeping hold of her, but she did give us one potential lead. Just...not a great one," he added, glancing at Ember.

"It takes us to the Deeptide. And we’ve been warned we’re way out of our depth here," he adds with a little bite to his voice. At the moment, that’s all too easy to believe, at least for him.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Labels:
    Danger 0
    Freak 0
    Savior +3
    Superior 0
    Mundane 0

"She confirmed a lot of what we suspected... Lash wasn't on her own. She's working for some faction. There's a weapon in the Vault that they want, and it's possibly powerful enough to destroy the whole island. How exactly that would help them... I don't know. Is it some kind of Bond villain plot to hold the city for ransom? And there's that possible contact down in Deeptide... What she didn't have was details. But there was no way to get more out of her without, uh, kidnapping her. And starting a fight with the local supers in the middle of a crowded beach..."

Anwar slowly shakes his head in frustration as he finishes his explanation.