New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Stars druid celestial warlock "Archer"

Hello I'm new to the forum, first post!
    I am starting a new campaign, it's got a high fantasy meets wild west theme and starts at level 5. I have an idea and although I'm very excited about it I would love input as it's not an ideal multiclass

I was looking at Circle of Stars Druid from unearthed arcana after recently looking over the celestial warlock.

Theme: druid with strong ties to Celestian, god of Stars and wandering. He was taught to be a druid by his nomadic tribe. He later left home to be his own man and was briefly captured and enslaved. In desperation he called out to Celestian and promised his service in return for the power to escape his captors. Conjuring his new powers in the form of a powerful spectral bow (read Eldridtch Blast) and transforming into a spectral starry form he overcame his captors and freed himself and several others.

Celestial warlock 3, agonizing blast and hex
    Circle of Stars Druid 2 for star form and bonus attack from the Archer form

At higher levels I'd go to warlock 6 at least to get Cha to radiant attacks (like guiding bolt and star form bonus action attack) and probably go more druid after that for more spells. Spellcasting I'd focus mostly on utility and healing

Thoughts?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Stars druid celestial warlock "Archer"

Actually I think that's a great combination.

Celestial Warlock 3 / Star Druid 2 / Warlock X is a decent build. All you'll need is 13 Wisdom to start off with, with the highest mods going into Dex and Cha. You'll get 2 druid cantrips and 3 druid spells known to augment your Warlock stuff. Having a trio of 1st level spells to compliment your max-level Warlock Pact slot will also be nice

I'd suggest being a chain warlock - An invisible minion not only gives you advantage by using the help action, you can also effectively fly by Wild Shaping into something Tiny and having it carry you. You can also use your minion to make Cure Wounds a Ranged spell by casting it through your familiar - Healing word isn't particularly useful when you can Healing Light with a bonus action. Bonus to this is you can either have it available as either a Druid spell (can be swapped out each day, +Wis to healing) OR as a Warlock spell (+Cha to healing, can be swapped out every time you level).

You've already stated you're going Agonizing Blast, and since you have access to the entire library of 1st level druid spells (and ritual casting), Tome/BoAS doesn't really need to be a thing, neither is Eldritch Sight or Beast Speech. I'd expect the other invocation would be either Armor of Shadows or something like Misty Visions or Gift of the Ever-living ones (although spending a WS on Chalice Form will often do the trick)
    Always looking for critique of my 5E homebrew!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkmundur View Post
    ... does this stuff just come naturally to you? Do you even have to try anymore xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Vogie is the sh**. I don't really have anything to contribute to the topic, just wanted to point that out.