New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Beware of Bites!

The aspect of the cops where they change upon the death of their partner is something that makes them prime targets for wolves - and everybody knows that because they're example roles, so targeting them was basically just for wasting time. I probably shouldn't have asked anybody about the CEO - not just because it tipped my hand and got me killed, but because it was to help a wolf who was doing literally nothing to help me. The next day would've gone fairly well - Logan died in the night, I'm still trusted but BW has to be policy-lynched, and then the next day I could get my townie networks to lynch me as "town beast" to try and catch another wolf now that I've outlived my usefulness. And instead I basically ratted myself out trying to be a good teammate.

This game had a lot of powers flying around and the wolf team didn't have super-cool powers to match or the numbers to make up for it. (And apparently there were two specifically anti-wolf roles in the game on the lookout for us?) The above posts about the wolfteam apparently getting retroactively nerfed is...

...it's difficult to avoid just whining about the set-up, because it's also pretty easy to say that maybe I could've not done gigantic gambits and things would've worked out better. But I'm just kinda hardpressed to see what the path to victory would've been here. Not pulling a gigantic townie network would've been easier to manage, but would've gotten me lynched D2 regardless of anything else.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    This game had a lot of powers flying around and the wolf team didn't have super-cool powers to match or the numbers to make up for it. (And apparently there were two specifically anti-wolf roles in the game on the lookout for us?) The above posts about the wolfteam apparently getting retroactively nerfed is...

...it's difficult to avoid just whining about the set-up, because it's also pretty easy to say that maybe I could've not done gigantic gambits and things would've worked out better. But I'm just kinda hardpressed to see what the path to victory would've been here. Not pulling a gigantic townie network would've been easier to manage, but would've gotten me lynched D2 regardless of anything else.
    Just to clarify, the wolf team was retroactively made stronger, or at least a nerf was retroactively removed. Valmark initially intended that a wolf doing the kill would not be able to also use a second power (I assume from your comment that you agree this isn't standard?) but he never told the wolves that because he thought it was normal. Then bc tried to use both his power and the kill and Valmark decided to remove that restriction.

(also I think Bunny was the only specifically anti-wolf role? the anti-vampire role was just something bc made up, iirc)

But yeah, regardless of that wolves could definitely have used another wolf and/or better powers.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Just to clarify, the wolf team was retroactively made stronger, or at least a nerf was retroactively removed. Valmark initially intended that a wolf doing the kill would not be able to also use a second power (I assume from your comment that you agree this isn't standard?) but he never told the wolves that because he thought it was normal. Then bc tried to use both his power and the kill and Valmark decided to remove that restriction.

(also I think Bunny was the only specifically anti-wolf role? the anti-vampire role was just something bc made up, iirc)

But yeah, regardless of that wolves could definitely have used another wolf and/or better powers.
    Bunny was anti-Lycan. And I guess I was assuming that Apogee's CEO role was anti-Banshee just cuz it was the other way around. and fair enough about the change being a positive.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew