New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Beware of Bites!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    Just to clarify, if we're changing our vote are we supposed to edit the initial post with the first vote in with it struck through, or sort things out in a new post? Not sure to what degree editting posts is allowed for this!
    Striking out old votes is encouraged, compulsory in some games. That reminds me: @Valmark, do we need to strike out an old vote for a new one to count, or is that not necessary?

Generally, you can edit to cross out a vote or to fix typos or formatting, but anything more is heavily discouraged.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Let's start off with a gambit of giving some strategic advice.

The recruitment post had a Lovers-type duo of cops, but their power changed if their partner died.
    One changed from a baner to a vigilante. The other joined the Evil. I'm not one of this duo, but I have some advice for them if they truly exists.

If the Doubting Cop is close to getting lynched, the Doubting Cop should claim their role and reveal the Trusting Cop, who I hope would verify.* I think the ideal "next move" would be for the Town to shift their votes to lynch the Trusting Cop.**
    If the Trusting Cop is truly the Trusting Cop, we have a confirmed vigilante. Yeah, wolves might NK him, but we could network at least for that night to coordinate a good target.
    If the Trusting Cop was not the Trusting Cop (e.g., the claimant was lying), we lynch the claimant next as a confirmed wolf.

If the Trusting Cop is close to getting lynched, whether or not it's worth revealing it and avoiding the lynch probably depends on a number of factors. Would networking get better if the Doubting Cop is confirmed Town? Is a vigilante better than a baner at the moment? Etc. But probably better to let the Trusting Cop die if he's up for lynch, lest he fall to Evil later.

*Not sure if the Trusting Cop would verify, though. If the goal is truly to win, in the sense of "Town wins is Town wins" and "Wolves win if wolves win", then the Trusting Cop's best chance of winning is survival if he thinks the wolves will win OR getting lynched if he thinks the Town will win. So they may or may not verify.
    **lynching the Trusting Cop claim prevents a number of bad things: the wolves NKing the Doubting and the Trusting switching sides, as well as two desperate wolves making a gambit of claiming Lovers and being able to hide
    Parts of this I like, especially the beginning with what to do if cop claims. However, odds are reasonable there is a doctor/jailkeeper/other protective style role in this game. So I'd think with a Doubting Cop claim it makes more sense to verify the Trusting as you suggested, then lynch outside of the pair. We then have the protective target the Doubting.

Four cases then happen:

NK doesn't kill either, we have strong but not certain belief in two clear town PRs.

NK kills the real Trusting/Doubting who were not either of the claimants. Interrogation time on the claimants!

NK kills Doubting claimant who told the truth. Lynch the trusted claim for obvious reasons. This works out about the same as above, because while it would be better to lynch a wolf first its not a massive setback.

NK kills Trusting. We have confirmed townies, who gets a roleblock and a vig shot at least before dying and can work on a network for 2 nights and a day

There are some other fringes involving CCs and what not but I think always lynching within the pair (presuming verification) is taking a big risk.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess my plan is somewhat more risky but I think the chance of a protective being in play is good enough to make the chance of establishing a longer-lived town core worth it.

Also, a watcher style role on the doubting would likely bag a second wolf, so that could work as pseudo-protection as well.
    Last edited by Apogee1; 2020-06-02 at 09:47 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just to clarify, if we're changing our vote are we supposed to edit the initial post with the first vote in with it struck through, or sort things out in a new post? Not sure to what degree editting posts is allowed for this!
    Yeah, crossing out votes is at least recommended, editing for grammar makes sense, don't change what you said. I've personally gone back to edit a post for clarity so I did a strike through on the point I wanted to clarify and made clear what I added. I think that was fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    I guess my plan is somewhat more risky but I think the chance of a protective being in play is good enough to make the chance of establishing a longer-lived town core worth it.
    Just keep in mind that a lot of the recent games gave Wolves a once per game guaranteed kill - even if we have a doc they may not be able to stop the kill.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Striking out old votes is encouraged, compulsory in some games. That reminds me: @Valmark, do we need to strike out an old vote for a new one to count, or is that not necessary?

Generally, you can edit to cross out a vote or to fix typos or formatting, but anything more is heavily discouraged.
    Got it! Switching my vote over to Logan1996 then, as they're the only person to not have posted that also doesn't have a vote against them yet.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post

It's preferable to strike through and last vote will count in case there are two votes for the same person.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I'm RNGing this time because people find that less suspicious than me making up logic. "That's dumb logic Gac3, you must be a wolf." Not this time. Aventine

Also, for a game with no confirmed roles, we just got two potentially confirmed roles in the OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    I have trouble picturing a wolf being that careless and blatant. So FOS on you for going after an easy target.

But, I am also perfectly willing to OMGUS today, gac.
    Actually... Now that snow mentions it... The quotes I was referencing were:

Both of which got major suspicion thrown at me. The joke was that I wouldn't do it this time. But I only just now realize that in both instances, the person I was suspecting was a Wolf. I remembered snowblaze was but didn't realize until now that Rogue Alchemist also was.
    FoS on Aventine too.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    FoS on Aventine too.
    *shrug*

FOS on everybody, since that's apparently where we're going.

8. - Top - End - #38

Gonna move my vote off of AV for now and throw it on one of the people who hasn't posted yet: JoyWonderLove

bc56 1 (AvatarVecna)
    Lord Athos 2 (Apogee1, Snowblaze)
    Logan1996 1 (Bunny of Faith)
    Aventine 1 (gac3)
    Apogee1 1 (Elenna)
    JoyWonderLove 2 (bc56, CaoimhinTheCape)
    gac3 2 (Aventine, JeenLeen)
    Book Wombat 1 (Lord Athos)
    Elenna 1 (Rogue_alchemist)

Not Voting: Unavenger, Book Wombat, JoyWonderLove, Logan1996

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

*shrug*

FOS on everybody, since that's apparently where we're going.
    *squints suspiciously*

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Gonna move my vote off of AV for now and throw it on one of the people who hasn't posted yet: JoyWonderLove

bc56 1 (AvatarVecna)
    Lord Athos 2 (Apogee1, Snowblaze)
    Logan1996 1 (Bunny of Faith)
    Aventine 1 (gac3)
    Apogee1 1 (Elenna)
    JoyWonderLove 2 (bc56, CaoimhinTheCape)
    gac3 2 (Aventine, JeenLeen)
    Book Wombat 1 (Lord Athos)
    Elenna 1 (Rogue_alchemist)

Not Voting: Unavenger, Book Wombat, JoyWonderLove, Logan1996
    What? I'm pretty sure Unavenger posted.

EDIT: Oh I see. Yeah, Unavenger posted but didn't vote. That's weird.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-06-02 at 12:17 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'll throw a vote on Lord Athos
    Last edited by Aventine; 2020-06-02 at 02:51 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

WolfInSheepsClothing

EDIT: Oh I see. Yeah, Unavenger posted but didn't vote. That's weird.
    Uh, yeah, I can't really be bothered to RVS because it's always just performative and stuff. Nah, I thought I'd mention something useful and also commit to at least a partial claim instead. A bit of assurance that I can fall back on late-game, you know?

I guess it's not necessarily completely useless to RVS? Still, I prefer to wait and poke people who aren't participating.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised that JWL and Logan aren't posting. Really, I normally think of them as normally being fairly active players. Although, it's still early, but I guess I should make a move. Zeroing in on some target or other, I guess I'll vote JoyWonderLove. You feel like talking some more for us?

(Oh, didn't realise JWL was being voted for already. Never mind, I'll vote Logan1996 as another poke. Easy enough.)
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2020-06-02 at 12:38 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

I'll throw a vote on Lord Athos
    I'm down to get some inactive wagons going. Especially since bc56 actually showed up. Logan1996

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Uh, yeah, I can't really be bothered to RVS because it's always just performative and stuff. Nah, I thought I'd mention something useful and also commit to at least a partial claim instead. A bit of assurance that I can fall back on late-game, you know?

I guess it's not necessarily completely useless to RVS? Still, I prefer to wait and poke people who aren't participating.
    A partial claim is nice, although having early jokey stuff to look at later once we have more info is historically useful too.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised that JWL and Logan aren't posting. Really, I normally think of them as normally being fairly active players. Although, it's still early, but I guess I should make a move. Zeroing in on some target or other, I guess I'll vote JoyWonderLove. You feel like talking some more for us?
    *squints*

...that's not the impression I've gotten before, but I'll go check to make sure I'm not biased.

- - - Updated - - -

...yeah okay JoyWonderLove is usually decently active, but Logan is basically always quiet no matter what. To the point they at least threaten to auto in every game they've played so far, if I'm reading this right. That's one of the people you recall being fairly active?
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-06-02 at 02:01 PM.

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Well let's see...

FOS for Jeen. For starting a wagon on someone after saying "I like the reasoning but dislike it on principle." Then they acted as though I should be lynched for it and as if the people who acted suspicious were wolves. The only person suspicious of what I've said so far that I expect might be a wolf based solely on that is Jeen. I also would expect them to know the difference between a lover and a mason. But point is, many people use RNG. Jeen voted me because he liked my reason for using RNG but not RNG in general. Then basically said it is suspicious of him for doing so once I flip town.

All that said unavenger posting and not voting seems more suspicious.

Edit:
    Well looks like they posted while I was rantinn about JeenLeen

Edit 2:
    No. I just somehow read their post as Aventines. Either way sticking with Jeen.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-06-02 at 06:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Joywonderlove. I'm always kinda inactive. But this is weird for them right?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Interested in the shift from 2/2/2 wagons on Athos, JWL, and gac to 3/3/2 on Athos, Logan, JWL ...

- - - Updated - - -

Gac what's going on with both of your votes being more or less OMGUS

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Interested in the shift from 2/2/2 wagons on Athos, JWL, and gac to 3/3/2 on Athos, Logan, JWL ...

- - - Updated - - -

Gac what's going on with both of your votes being more or less OMGUS
    So I have placed three votes now. Only one is OMGUS as far as I can tell? What were you referring to besides Jeen?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cute is justice, wombats shall never be monsters. Vote for Lord Athos
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2020-06-02 at 01:36 PM.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

(Oh, didn't realise JWL was being voted for already. Never mind, I'll vote Logan1996 as another poke. Easy enough.)
    *mimics AV and squints suspiciouslier*

"I didn't do the thing I should have done. Now that I've been called out on that being odd I'm going to try to give a justification, but only half-heartedly and hedge by accepting that my argument isn't good. But only do that half-heartedly too, giving another justification for why I didn't do the thing. Oh, did I mention the super townie thing I did? Uhhhh..... Oh, hey, look at those people over there! Oops, I don't want to vote for the person that already has a vote on them, so I'm going to immediately edit to cross out that vote and vote for someone else who also has a vote on them."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

So I have placed three votes now. Only one is OMGUS as far as I can tell? What were you referring to besides Jeen?
    Nevermind I think I got your quotes from previous games mixed up with stuff that actually happened in this game.

20. - Top - End - #50

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yeah okay I didn't notice a bunch of things. Is this gonna turn into the Midwest game all over again where people lynch me because I'm not spending all my time making sure everything is accurate? Because if so just go ahead and do that because I don't care enough to fight it this time.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

*mimics AV and squints suspiciouslier*

"I didn't do the thing I should have done. Now that I've been called out on that being odd I'm going to try to give a justification, but only half-heartedly and hedge by accepting that my argument isn't good. But only do that half-heartedly too, giving another justification for why I didn't do the thing. Oh, did I mention the super townie thing I did? Uhhhh..... Oh, hey, look at those people over there! Oops, I don't want to vote for the person that already has a vote on them, so I'm going to immediately edit to cross out that vote and vote for someone else who also has a vote on them."
    I also noticed that last part. Seconded.

Nevermind I think I got your quotes from previous games mixed up with stuff that actually happened in this game.
    And Jeen was more the logic off it baffled me. They also acted like their vote made it likely I would get lynched. Then implied that me being town would mean that the people suspicious of me would be likely wolves. So he should be included in that.

Yeah okay I didn't notice a bunch of things. Is this gonna turn into the Midwest game all over again where people lynch me because I'm not spending all my time making sure everything is accurate? Because if so just go ahead and do that because I don't care enough to fight it this time.
    Im with you bud. That vote chart conveniently placed not far above you is way too much effort to check and see if what you were about to say makes no sense.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-06-02 at 01:50 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I still really don't like how whenever another wagon gets close the Athos wagon has someone pop out and vote on it again. Might be a coincidence but how often is an RVS wagon up to 4 genuine? (I honestly am not certain on this -- not a purely rhetorical question)

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

It's suspicious but apparently not "change my vote" suspicious. Honestly I'm perfectly comfortable voting the inactives until they show up; using D1 to get autolynch bait kicked out is fine by me, and Unavenger's at least participating.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

It's suspicious but apparently not "change my vote" suspicious. Honestly I'm perfectly comfortable voting the inactives until they show up; using D1 to get autolynch bait kicked out is fine by me, and Unavenger's at least participating.
    If that's the case, shouldn't you move your vote to the only person not to have shown up?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Eh I'm fine with seeing how it unfolds for a bit I'm more interested in conversation around the wagons than actually putting EOD wagons into shape right now. Not sure where I'd drop my vote anyways for more than cursory reasons at this point.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

I still really don't like how whenever another wagon gets close the Athos wagon has someone pop out and vote on it again. Might be a coincidence but how often is an RVS wagon up to 4 genuine? (I honestly am not certain on this -- not a purely rhetorical question)
    Honestly idk. I'd be more suspicious if it was a "every time Lord Athos gets a vote, the counter wagon suddenly increases."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Honestly idk. I'd be more suspicious if it was a "every time Lord Athos gets a vote, the counter wagon suddenly increases."
    If I rephrased my statement as every time JoyWonderLove gets a vote, the Athos wagon increases would you be more suspicious? (It happened)

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Apogee1: Elenna
    Book Wombat: Lord Athos
    Elenna: rogue_alchemist
    gac3: JeenLeen
    JeenLeen: gac3
    JoyWonderLove: bc56, CaoimhinTheCape, Logan1996, AvatarVecna
    Logan1996: Bunny of Faith, Unavenger
    Lord Athos: Apogee1, Snowblaze, Aventine, Book Wombat

If that's the case, shouldn't you move your vote to the only person not to have shown up?
    Got halfway through a vote count and realized I'd completely missed Logan posting. Yeah, JoyWonderLove, let's make you a leading wagon.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-06-04 at 06:31 AM.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #59

WolfInSheepsClothing

Im with you bud. That vote chart conveniently placed not far above you is way too much effort to check and see if what you were about to say makes no sense.
    For heaven's sake, I noticed that something was wrong and quickly changed it without thinking. Also these are moves which make exactly as little sense no matter what my alignment so it's pretty bloody obvious that I'm just tired, stressed, and not paying full attention to this game. It happens.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

So I'm not sure if this is the best way to play this role, but it seems like the more fun way. Have a claim!

I'm the Playful Spirit, a neutral monster.
    I have several one-time powers, and my win condition is to either survive to the end of the game or use all my powers, whichever comes first.

The powers are:
    • Roleblock
    • Vortex (pick two players, they will target each other)
    • Another vortex (pick two players, the first will target the second)
    • Bane

Anyone want some help?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!