New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

smile Re: Beware of Bites!

Fabric of Softner on Aventine, because he has a wizard avatar, and everyone likes comfy clothing.

Also, every single time we have a first round, I reply it's silly to vote because we'll always hurt town, and every single time I get told it's oh so chic and sensible. Do you really want me to post just so I can whine about that?

I appreciate the want to get me to participate, though. Nice to be thought of.

Been OOC spending more time offline and in the garden. Brings greater inner peace so far. Starting to understand Cal Newport and his idea that our generation might be overdoing social media.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Beware of Bites!

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    So I'm not sure if this is the best way to play this role, but it seems like the more fun way. Have a claim!

I'm the Playful Spirit, a neutral monster.
    I have several one-time powers, and my win condition is to either survive to the end of the game or use all my powers, whichever comes first.

The powers are:
    • Roleblock
    • Vortex (pick two players, they will target each other)
    • Another vortex (pick two players, the first will target the second)
    • Bane

Anyone want some help?
    I'm inclined to believe this because I was thinking about using this strategy if I randed playful spirit myself.

Only trouble is if Elenna gets blackmailed one way or another to support a non-town agenda.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post

FOS for Jeen. For starting a wagon on someone after saying "I like the reasoning but dislike it on principle." Then they acted as though I should be lynched for it and as if the people who acted suspicious were wolves. The only person suspicious of what I've said so far that I expect might be a wolf based solely on that is Jeen. I also would expect them to know the difference between a lover and a mason. But point is, many people use RNG. Jeen voted me because he liked my reason for using RNG but not RNG in general. Then basically said it is suspicious of him for doing so once I flip town.
    And Jeen was more the logic off it baffled me. They also acted like their vote made it likely I would get lynched. Then implied that me being town would mean that the people suspicious of me would be likely wolves. So he should be included in that.
    What I meant was I'm voting for you to deter you from joining the D1 RNG users. But I wanted to admit that the reasons you gave for using RNG made sense (assuming 'twas true and not a wolfish lie).

About suspicions, what I meant was it's suspicious for those who say they suspect you for using RNG but aren't willing to put a vote behind it. Seems like a wolf wanting to put heat on a townie, but not vote for them directly lest it draw suspicion on them when you die. Thus I meant it's suspicious for those who just do FOS on you, if you flip town. Though I get how it's also suspicious for anyone who voted for you, which would include me.
    But I hope the nuance I'm going for is clear now.

Honestly idk. I'd be more suspicious if it was a "every time Lord Athos gets a vote, the counter wagon suddenly increases."
    Agreeing with gac on this.
    That's what I misread apogee1 as saying was happening at first, so I went back through things to verify. I definitely agree there might be something going on, but I don't know how to read it if there is.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elenna clear your PMs I wanna tell you what to do without letting the wolves know about it, because I have a feeling I'll flip and you'll know you're helping town if that's a thing you wanna do.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Weird that wagon on me. Any reason?

6. - Top - End - #66

RedKnightGirl

Question Re: Beware of Bites!

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Apogee1: Elenna
    Book Wombat: Lord Athos
    Elenna: rogue_alchemist
    gac3: JeenLeen
    JeenLeen: gac3
    JoyWonderLove: bc56, CaoimhinTheCape, Logan1996, AvatarVecna
    Logan1996: Bunny of Faith, Unavenger
    Lord Athos: Apogee1, Snowblaze, Aventine, Book Wombat
    Neat, well, this is new. Voting for Lord Athos as a defensive thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Athos View Post
    Hello and welcome to D1 voting. I've been saying it's silly for over three games now (yes, this is my fourth )
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-06-02 at 02:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    For heaven's sake, I noticed that something was wrong and quickly changed it without thinking. Also these are moves which make exactly as little sense no matter what my alignment so it's pretty bloody obvious that I'm just tired, stressed, and not paying full attention to this game. It happens.
    Elenna clear your PMs I wanna tell you what to do without letting the wolves know about it, because I have a feeling I'll flip and you'll know you're helping town if that's a thing you wanna do.
    Despite comments about being suspicious, you know you aren't even one of the wagons right?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JoyWonderLove View Post
    Fabric of Softner on Aventine, because he has a wizard avatar, and everyone likes comfy clothing.

Also, every single time we have a first round, I reply it's silly to vote because we'll always hurt town, and every single time I get told it's oh so chic and sensible. Do you really want me to post just so I can whine about that?

I appreciate the want to get me to participate, though. Nice to be thought of.

Been OOC spending more time offline and in the garden. Brings greater inner peace so far. Starting to understand Cal Newport and his idea that our generation might be overdoing social media.
    Spoiler: Spoiler'd For Size
    Show

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Athos View Post
    Overt reasons are a mix of RVS and people voting thread absentees
    Hot take is to protect JWL (I don't really believe this but its not inconceivable).

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Despite comments about being suspicious, you know you aren't even one of the wagons right?
    Yeah but I know how fast that can change when like two well-meaning townies go HUH THAT'S ODD and everyone suddenly CFDs you so I'm being PreparedTM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

AND NOW JWL joins the wagon!!

I know that is a self pres but I mean my theory of Athos getting sent up to protect people just looks better and better.

Lets see how this goes. JoyWonderLove

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah but I know how fast that can change when like two well-meaning townies go HUH THAT'S ODD and everyone suddenly CFDs you so I'm being PreparedTM.
    Fair enough.

13. - Top - End - #73

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    AND NOW JWL joins the wagon!!

I know that is a self pres but I mean my theory of Athos getting sent up to protect people just looks better and better.

Lets see how this goes. JoyWonderLove
    The irony of course being that you could easily be protecting your wolf friend Lord Athos, and only when there's an actual threat on him do you move your vote to me? Otherwise, why are you pushing so hard for votes against me?
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-06-02 at 02:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

So I'm not sure if this is the best way to play this role, but it seems like the more fun way. Have a claim!

I have several one-time powers, and my win condition is to either survive to the end of the game or use all my powers, whichever comes first.

The powers are:
    • Roleblock
    • Bane

Anyone want some help?
    I was going to QuickTopic with you, but since your inbox is full: feel free to use me for Another vortex, with you choosing who I target. My power isn't a bane, void, or kill, and I'd be picking my target almost randomly tonight anyhow. So, I don't really care who I target.
    Also, I'll check with Valmark if I'd get feedback that let'd me confirm who I targeted. Could help via verifying you are the spirit.

I'd be wary if you wound up redirecting a kill or more serious power.

15. - Top - End - #75

RedKnightGirl

The powers are:
    • Roleblock
    • Bane

Anyone want some help?
    Did Evil Villain's Werewolf / Snowblaze's game shift the metagame? I don't remember neutrals claiming early before that, but I haven't been around long.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The irony of course being that you could easily be projecting on me. You're protecting your wolf friend Lord Athos, voting early on him so it looks like there's no connection. Only when there's an actual threat on him do you move your vote.

This type of thing happened in previous games as well.
    That is a possibility. I like to think as a wolf I wouldn't blatantly defend a partner like this D1 but besides incidental evidence from Crazy Idea there isn't much to support that.

In the abstract, I also think the pattern of the wagon increasing on Athos is more suspicious than the wagon on you.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

I voted JWL because they were the only remaining inactive and also happened to have a wagon that could actually compete. The fact that they did a Wolfy Poppin once they were actually in the running doesn't make me inclined to move my vote.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78

RedKnightGirl

I voted JWL because they were the only remaining inactive and also happened to have a wagon that could actually compete. The fact that they did a Wolfy Poppin once they were actually in the running doesn't make me inclined to move my vote.
    Spoiler: Spoiler'd For Size
    Show
    Ignoring for a moment I find that funny and literally never heard the phrase before, you're not helping right now.

That is a possibility. I like to think as a wolf I wouldn't blatantly defend a partner like this D1 but besides incidental evidence from Crazy Idea there isn't much to support that.

In the abstract, I also think the pattern of the wagon increasing on Athos is more suspicious than the wagon on you.
    I haven't read the thread fully, but I thought the votes against me were due to not logging in? Like I said, I've been afk more by choice. I'm also starting to doubt I'll join AV's game because of this vote I need to take more time away from technology. Even if it's a day a month without a phone/laptop, etc.

It's like JeenLeen's story. It's fantastic. But I'm not sure I should join any more RPs after it.
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-06-02 at 02:36 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I was going to QuickTopic with you, but since your inbox is full: feel free to use me for Another vortex, with you choosing who I target. My power isn't a bane, void, or kill, and I'd be picking my target almost randomly tonight anyhow. So, I don't really care who I target.
    Also, I'll check with Valmark if I'd get feedback that let'd me confirm who I targeted. Could help via verifying you are the spirit.
    @Elenna: I will know who I target, so if you redirect me, I can confirm who I got redirected to.

On blackmailing Elenna: I think the wolves would be hard-pressed to blackmail her. She just has to survive 4 rounds, right? And although they could kill her, it'd be wasting a kill that'd otherwise go to Town. She seems a pretty safe neutral position.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like JeenLeen's story. It's fantastic. But I'm not sure I should join any more RPs after it.
    To add (what I think is the context for this): I'm DM in a PbP where JWL is a player.
    Thanks, JWL, for the compliment. But don't drag me down with you, wagon-leader

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I haven't read the thread fully, but I thought the votes against me were due to not logging in? Like I said, I've been afk more by choice.
    Yes, it seems that the votes against you are motivated by inactivity. I'm worried by unexplained votes onto Athos whenever your wagon gets close to yours.
    A little voting history:
    You and Athos were tied 2/2 (Snowblaze and myself on Athos, Bc and Caiomhim on you)
    At this point Aventine changes votes to Athos (3/2)
    Logan votes for you (3/3)
    Wombat votes for Athos (4/3)
    AV votes for you (4/4)
    You vote for Athos (5/4) which is pretty expected so I don't hold it against you directly
    I change to voting for you (4/5)

Although thinking about it this could be an attempted save of Athos as well (with Gac and maybe Jeen deflecting my suspicions with thier counterwagon quotes so IDK)

21. - Top - End - #81

RedKnightGirl

Thumbs up Re: Beware of Bites!

Quote Originally Posted by jeenleen View Post
    to add (what i think is the context for this): I'm dm in a pbp where jwl is a player.
    Thanks, jwl, for the compliment. But don't drag me down with you, wagon-leader
    "i only stole hundreds of billions of dollars because of the online roleplay angel game, your honour! I'm not the mastermind. It was jeen leen all along!!!"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    @Elenna
    On blackmailing Elenna: I think the wolves would be hard-pressed to blackmail her. She just has to survive 4 rounds, right? And although they could kill her, it'd be wasting a kill that'd otherwise go to Town. She seems a pretty safe neutral position.
    They don't have to spend the kill just convince Elenna they might spend the kill for her to help them more than us.

Which I could see them doing if they think having those powers on tap is worth more than a single NK (or maybe not 1 NK is worth a fair amount I suppose).

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Yeah okay I didn't notice a bunch of things. Is this gonna turn into the Midwest game all over again where people lynch me because I'm not spending all my time making sure everything is accurate? Because if so just go ahead and do that because I don't care enough to fight it this time.
    For heaven's sake, I noticed that something was wrong and quickly changed it without thinking. Also these are moves which make exactly as little sense no matter what my alignment so it's pretty bloody obvious that I'm just tired, stressed, and not paying full attention to this game. It happens.
    This feels too strong of a reaction. Especially for not even having any votes.

I like Lord Athos being calm. I'm gonna jump to Book Wombat.
    Last edited by Aventine; 2020-06-03 at 01:52 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post

I also thought so. Maybe our paranoia is getting to them.

Also what do you mean? Has Athos posted much since the wagons got this high? Are they being calm?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Cleared
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Also what do you mean? Has Athos posted much since the wagons got this high? Are they being calm?
    I found where Athos posted. But I don't think "Weird. Why is there a wagon on me?" Is the type of reaction that makes me think "move my vote onto a person who has no wagon at all." Lord Athos

FoS Aventine for that move feeling more like a "I put my distancing vote on my wolf buddy but there is a wagon now so let's move off and hope people forget I was on the wagon"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I found where Athos posted. But I don't think "Weird. Why is there a wagon on me?" Is the type of reaction that makes me think "move my vote onto a person who has no wagon at all." Lord Athos

FoS Aventine for that move feeling more like a "I put my distancing vote on my wolf buddy but there is a wagon now so let's move off and hope people forget I was on the wagon"
    Yes, it seems that the votes against [JWL] are motivated by inactivity. I'm worried by unexplained votes onto Athos whenever [JWL's] [sic] wagon gets close to [JWL's].
    A little voting history:
    [JWL] and Athos were tied 2/2 (Snowblaze and myself on Athos, Bc and Caiomhim on [JWL])
    At this point Aventine changes votes to Athos (3/2)
    Logan votes for [JWL] (3/3)
    Wombat votes for Athos (4/3)
    AV votes for [JWL] (4/4)
    [JWL] vote[s] for Athos (5/4) which is pretty expected so I don't hold it against [JWL] directly
    I change to voting for [JWL] (4/5)

Although thinking about it this could be an attempted save of Athos as well (with Gac and maybe Jeen deflecting my suspicions with thier counterwagon quotes so IDK)
    (bold added by me)

I wanted to see how Athos would respond to having votes on him. I saw that. With as much time left in the day as there was, I wanted to see if I could get more reactions.

Also given how much time is left in the day, he wasn't in enough danger for me to worry if we're scum-buddies. Pushing him into the lead, and making him a real wagon at 3, then panicking and jumping off because he...wasn't even the leading wagon anymore? That's what you think I was doing?

On the other hand, you very much sound like you're desperate for an excuse to vote for Athos.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

(bold added by me)

I wanted to see how Athos would respond to having votes on him. I saw that. With as much time left in the day as there was, I wanted to see if I could get more reactions.

Also given how much time is left in the day, he wasn't in enough danger for me to worry if we're scum-buddies. Pushing him into the lead, and making him a real wagon at 3, then panicking and jumping off because he...wasn't even the leading wagon anymore? That's what you think I was doing?

On the other hand, you very much sound like you're desperate for an excuse to vote for Athos.
    What you described for my theory is a very bad plan. I assume that if you were a wolf, you would be a smart wolf. Looking through, somehow I missed snowblaze's vote so I thought you were the one to make Athos a wagon. Also you have no reason for voting Athos. You then just said that he was calm and moved off. But by your very own logic about why you shouldn't be worried, also shows that Lord Athos shouldn't have been worried and could easily afford to be calm. So your pressure vote, if that's what it was, accomplished nothing. You didn't wait to see how he reacted to pressure.

Why would I be very interested in voting someone specific? Unless you think me and Joy might be scum buddies.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

This isn't really a defense of either player, because idk how to feel about them being wolves, but my big takeaway from reading through Crazy Idea is that Aventine doesn't bus a scumbuddy. Ever.

Aventine might be scum. Lord Athos might be scum. But if they're both scum, not only is this a really dumb and obvious move on Aventine's part, but it flies in the face of his meta.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-06-02 at 06:09 PM.

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Beware of Bites!

This isn't really a defense of either player, because idk how to feel about wolves, but my big takeaway from reading through Crazy Idea is that Aventine doesn't bus a scumbuddy. Ever.

Aventine might be scum. Lord Athos might be scum. But if they're both scum, not only is this a really dumb and obvious move on Aventine's part, but it flies in the face of his meta.
    Well then. Accusations retracted.

Well outside of the fact I still don't follow your logic. But knowing you aren't a wolf trying to protect a wolf kills that suspicion.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-06-02 at 06:18 PM.