New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Beware of Bites!

Can anyone give me a good and thorough (and true ) description of how the Unique Views are handled in QuickTopic?
    I wouldn't get too paranoid about unique views. Use it as evidence because it's more than nothing. But it isn't necessarily definitive proof. I probably should check them more but my very first game we had an incident and when I checked Unique views my chat with the DM had like 10 unique views even though we both used a single device and it being a role QT, it definitely wasn't shared. Unavenger and AV can probably back me up since they were involved in that discovery but not sure if they remember.

So in closing, I have no idea how it works. If it looks ridiculous, it very well might be. But if it's only off by a few... I would be more suspicious

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Mimes are creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Apparently people in Russia don't like mimes.
    See? I was right.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I wouldn't get too paranoid about unique views. Use it as evidence because it's more than nothing. But it isn't necessarily definitive proof. I probably should check them more but my very first game we had an incident and when I checked Unique views my chat with the DM had like 10 unique views even though we both used a single device and it being a role QT, it definitely wasn't shared. Unavenger and AV can probably back me up since they were involved in that discovery but not sure if they remember.

So in closing, I have no idea how it works. If it looks ridiculous, it very well might be. But if it's only off by a few... I would be more suspicious
    Just outta curiosity, is that the game where I was a PoS neutral betraying everybody? Because while it's been forever and I can't recall the details (nor did I save the QT), I'm like 80% sure I shared most every QT I made that game with at least two other people, and lied my butt off ahenever asked about it

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Just outta curiosity, is that the game where I was a PoS neutral betraying everybody? Because while it's been forever and I can't recall the details (nor did I save the QT), I'm like 80% sure I shared most every QT I made that game with at least two other people, and lied my butt off ahenever asked about it
    Yes it was. You messaged me at one point: something along the lines of "I think blah blah blah is a wolf because of unique views!" And after I had unique views explained to me, I checked my thread with unavenger and realized it had like 10 unique views. I have since used that as evidence that the unique views are unreliable.... After somebody else's comment though, I realized I might be able to explain it... It looks like I didn't create an account until a bit into the game... So... Maybe trust the unique views and I've been deceiving myself

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Thanks for the answers.

I reckon my thoughts were hogwash, then. I had an idea about someone as probably being one the Cop duo or being a wolf based on it, but seems likely to be just their tech setup. I'd mention their name, but I'm getting a Town vibe from them, so I don't want my minor suspicion (now nullified) to make anyone else go against them.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Part I

Apogee – I’m overall ok with him. I do worry that what he’s said so far is too easy for a scum to do. Possibly pushed the theory that JWL is a wolf (and the wolves were pushing Athos’s wagon) a little too hard. Null read that will change a lot based on whether the wagons were town-town or not.

AV
    Spoiler: Spoilered for length
    Show
    I'm RNGing this time because people find that less suspicious than me making up logic. "That's dumb logic Gac3, you must be a wolf." Not this time. Aventine

Also, for a game with no confirmed roles, we just got two potentially confirmed roles in the OP
    FoS on gac3 for trying to avoid having their voting reasoning analyzed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    none of us will know what to conclude until people start flipping (or not) based on votes. Day 1 is chaotic, but becomes useful later on. I am not going to change my vote as I am happy with my gut, even though Elenna has claimed a role. I find her claim a little suspicious for her claimed powers, but not so suspicious that I want to go too much into it yet.

On another note we have about 21 hours remaining to finish voting. Make sure you land where you're happy!
    Acknowledges that there is value in coming back later and seeing who voted how on day one. Then keeps his vote on someone he originally voted for based on RNG and who now has, realistically, no chance of being lynched today.

In other words: knows day one voting patterns can be informative and avoids giving us anything that could potentially link him to scum in the future.
    Exactly, why would I want to vote in some way that could link me to scrum later? I have no information to act off of and it is RNG anyways, so let it be what it is. If there was actionable information, then I could change (such as if Elenna ended up being a wagon and I believed her claim, I could move off), but to randomly support a wagon that has no discernible reason to exist anyways, no thanks.
    Aventine's point is that seeing how people's votes moved D1 is useful later for sussing out who's scum and who's town. Literally the point he's making is that your previous post looks like this:
    Moving my vote around, and talking about my reasoning for doing so, would give town info a few days from now. And that's why I'm not going to do it.
    That's probably not what you meant by it, bu I hope you can see his point better now.
    FOSes gac for looking like he's trying to avoid providing us with analyzable material. Does not FOS rogue for looking like he's trying to avoid providing us with analyzable material. In fact, AV provides him with an excuse for his pretty questionable response to me by "explaining" my argument.

AV appears to be protecting rogue

2) Lord Athos has posted since wagons got big, but hasn't changed their vote to self-preservation. I think that's a good sign and I see why Aventine moved off.
    Lord Athos
    ...of all the times to show up and contribute, and you're still not even voting? *headdesk*

- - - Updated - - -

Claiming a bare role name privately isn't exactly the most ringing endorsement. But also if you're gonna claim publicly, maybe do so more than, idk, seconds before EoD?
    Curious move at the last minute to Lord Athos. Then criticizes Athos for not claiming until immediately before EOD, despite Athos not being the lynch target until immediately before EOD. Trying to shift blame for the mislynch away from himself is not a good look for AV here.

Got a vote-manipulation claim, and was testing it. Results were...intriguing.

(Also in my defense, I thought at worst I was risking a neutral mime. Turns out it's a town mime! Oops. >.>)
    Any reason for that assumption? Also the "haha, oops, my bad guys!" is bad tonally.

@Lord Athos
    @JoyWonderLove
    @rogue_alchemist

Who are your top three scum leans and town leans at this point in time?
    You need to provide your own list if you're asking this. He has been giving some thoughts, though the switch to Lord Athos shows they are mutable.

There is definitely some sketchy stuff in here...

The following people are trying to fly under the radar:
    • bc56
    • Bunny
    • Caoimhin

Elenna is worth believing for the moment. Though if the claim is fake, the real spirit has no motivation to counter, so she should not be considered cleared.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Thanks for the answers.

I reckon my thoughts were hogwash, then. I had an idea about someone as probably being one the Cop duo or being a wolf based on it, but seems likely to be just their tech setup. I'd mention their name, but I'm getting a Town vibe from them, so I don't want my minor suspicion (now nullified) to make anyone else go against them.
    If it tells you anything, I've got one cop claimant and one suspected cop, and neither is the person you asked me about before.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

IIRC a lot of the chats AV created in HP WW were 1-2 views higher than expected even assuming everyone but me who had access was looking at them with two devices. (I know I only looked at them on my PC).

Elenna is worth believing for the moment. Though if the claim is fake, the real spirit has no motivation to counter, so she should not be considered cleared.
    I think a real spirit would be better off counter-claiming now rather than waiting until they're pressured for a claim (which would almost certainly happen at some point given that this is an all-power-role game). Not that it matters, since I'm telling the truth.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

[b]FOSes gac for looking like he's trying to avoid providing us with analyzable material. Does not FOS rogue for looking like he's trying to avoid providing us with analyzable material. In fact, AV provides him with an excuse for his pretty questionable response to me by "explaining" my argument.
    You're tunneling a newer player on the grounds that a new wolf would publicly state that they're just not gonna contribute. Yeah it's a bad look, but it's an absurdly bad move regardless of team, and you're taking it as proof positive that you've caught a wolf D1. Calling a spade a spade isn't me protecting a scumbuddy. I'm not like you: I'd throw a fellow wolf directly under the bus myself if it got me enough towniecred. Why jeapardize myself when somebody's already seriously calling them out on it? Easier to lay low.

Or hey, lynch me and find out. You won't. No balls.

Curious move at the last minute to Lord Athos. Then criticizes Athos for not claiming until immediately before EOD, despite Athos not being the lynch target until immediately before EOD. Trying to shift blame for the mislynch away from himself is not a good look for AV here.
    He spent 90% of the day either leading or tying for the lead. If he was willing to claim, he should've done so earlier.

Any reason for that assumption? Also the "haha, oops, my bad guys!" is bad tonally.
    When somebody claims any role that can be read as "clown" to me, my default assumption is that they're neutral because it's not inherently good or bad, and is unconcerned with such things compared to . Case in point, the example neutral role (claimed by Elenna) is the Playful Monster - unconcerned with lynching and night kills, just here to play pranks and have fun.

You need to provide your own list if you're asking this. He has been giving some thoughts, though the switch to Lord Athos shows they are mutable.
    I asked for their lists because if there were any CFD shenanigans besides mine going on, one of the three of them would be up for the lynch and I wanted to get their thoughts before they maybe died. This goes double if you're somehow a townie who's basically guaranteed to get lynched: if you're not gonna convince town not to lynch you, you can clam up out of spite (which is exactly what a wolf should do) or you should share as many thoughts as you can knowing that the second you flip they'll know they can trust your thoughts to have been pro-town.

Or alternatively, we can use your approach, in which case I guess it's a good thing thing Lord Athos kept quiet until seconds before he died and never shared any meaningful analysis with anybody?

And good golly gosh, mutable thoughts on D1, somebody lynch me. Mind you, I'll have to get in line behind you, since I'm pretty sure I was the second person to tour all three main wagons.

I think I'm gonna hold off on my more serious analysis until the new day has started and it can't help aim the nightkill. I suggest you do the same.

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Part I

Apogee – I’m overall ok with him. I do worry that what he’s said so far is too easy for a scum to do. Possibly pushed the theory that JWL is a wolf (and the wolves were pushing Athos’s wagon) a little too hard. Null read that will change a lot based on whether the wagons were town-town or not.
    Well Athos is confirmed villager so it's not like I had much reason to protect him if I were scum.

Yeah I still think JWL and maybe a few of the people on the Athos wagon are a little suspect, but I'll also admit part of the reason I pushed that hard was to get some conversation going. Figured a little D1 back and forth would be more useful both then and going forward for figuring out alignments.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Someone PMed me a nuance to the QuickTopic question. I'll respect their privacy by not mentioning who sent this.
    Quote Originally Posted by something REDACTED PMed me
    To be clear: if someone is logged in to their account, they will not ever be counted more than once. If they open the QT while logged out for some reason, then they can count as distinct. But even that can be tested for. After the view numbers, but in the same line, there is a link saying "What's this?" Follow that to get the thing rogue_alchemist quoted. But there is a subtle detail, the line saying "However, all the recorded readers of this topic were signed in, so the Unique viewers number should accurately reflect the number of different people reading this topic." changes to "This topic has [number] recorded non-signed-in readers, so it's likely that the Unique viewers count is higher than the actual number of people viewing the topic." if anyone opened the QT while not signed in.

It only bothers to check IP and such if the person opening the page is not logged in. Thus, as long as you get the first message, you know for sure how many distinct people have opened the QT.

Do still remember that Valmark can see the QTs, so he needs to be counted.
    Noting that the person I suspected of wolfish/copish activity showed the non-signed-in readers message, so that gives more legitimacy to that it's really just me, them, and Valmark reading it.
    Thanks, REDACTED, for the info.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

A very interesting response from AV.

Spoiler: Long Post
    Show
    You're tunneling a newer player on the grounds that a new wolf would publicly state that they're just not gonna contribute. Yeah it's a bad look, but it's an absurdly bad move regardless of team, and you're taking it as proof positive that you've caught a wolf D1. Calling a spade a spade isn't me protecting a scumbuddy. I'm not like you: I'd throw a fellow wolf directly under the bus myself if it got me enough towniecred. Why jeapardize myself when somebody's already seriously calling them out on it? Easier to lay low.
    I voted for him. I'm not tunneling him. I never "[took] it as proof positive that [I]'ve caught a wolf D1." Overblown and overexaggerated claims are curious.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna
    Or hey, lynch me and find out. You won't. No balls.
    *shrug*
    Trying to provoke an emotional reaction out of me won't work...sorry

Quote Originally Posted by AV
    He spent 90% of the day either leading or tying for the lead. If he was willing to claim, he should've done so earlier.
    Oooooooooh boy. This one gets a spoiler of its own.
    Spoiler: You're hilariously wrong
    Show
    By my count…

Athos reaches two votes (taking the lead) 5:40 after the beginning of Day One.
    Athos remains the leading wagon until Apogee switches to JWL, putting her in the lead, 13:50 after that.
    The voting is tied again by JeenLeen (with JWL still the set to be lynched) 24:40 after that.
    Athos is returned to leading by AV 15:50 after that.
    EOD is two minutes later.

Athos was the leading wagon for a total of less than fourteen hours, with all but two minutes in the first half of the day. He was tied, but not going to be lynched, for a little less than 16 hours. The two of those together are very nearly half the day, not close to "90%." I would not expect him to claim when he was leading early on: there was far too much time left in the day. I also would not expect him to claim when he was tied but not going to be killed. By the time he was in actual danger, it was too late to do anything.

Why are you blatantly lying?

When somebody claims any role that can be read as "clown" to me, my default assumption is that they're neutral because it's not inherently good or bad, and is unconcerned with such things compared to . Case in point, the example neutral role (claimed by Elenna) is the Playful Monster - unconcerned with lynching and night kills, just here to play pranks and have fun.
    That's an interesting stretch. Might very well be true. But I really don't see any grounds to assume a mime is neutral just because it "can" be interpreted as a "'clown'".

I asked for their lists because if there were any CFD shenanigans besides mine going on, one of the three of them would be up for the lynch and I wanted to get their thoughts before they maybe died. This goes double if you're somehow a townie who's basically guaranteed to get lynched: if you're not gonna convince town not to lynch you, you can clam up out of spite (which is exactly what a wolf should do) or you should share as many thoughts as you can knowing that the second you flip they'll know they can trust your thoughts to have been pro-town.

Or alternatively, we can use your approach, in which case I guess it's a good thing thing Lord Athos kept quiet until seconds before he died and never shared any meaningful analysis with anybody?
    A weird accusation there. If you're referring to me dropping off of Lord Athos without him saying much, I'll remind you that you agreed with that move.

2) Lord Athos has posted since wagons got big, but hasn't changed their vote to self-preservation. I think that's a good sign and I see why Aventine moved off.
    And good golly gosh, mutable thoughts on D1, somebody lynch me. Mind you, I'll have to get in line behind you, since I'm pretty sure I was the second person to tour all three main wagons.
    Huh? I said you should have given reads of your own. Then I acknowledged that you had given some earlier, and pointed out that at least some have changed since then. Implying that you should give us an update. I'm not calling for you to be lynched because your reads changed. You continue to insist on overreacting and presenting a very strange interpretation of the things I say.

I think I'm gonna hold off on my more serious analysis until the new day has started and it can't help aim the nightkill. I suggest you do the same.
    Hmmmmm?

I was asleep when you posted this (are all you guys European? or at least non-American, cause you post when I am sleep and are rarely on until late in the afternoon for me) I am not going to give my analysis in public now, but we can QT about it if you still want to know. I am glad I didn't suddenly get lynched out of nowhere, though Bunny of Faith made it sound like I was closer than I was by Valmark's count.
    I'd prefer it was in public, but it can wait 'til morning I suppose. Private's fine too.
    Should I just take it as a compliment that you are worried about the wolves seeing my analysis, but not rogue's? Or should I "keep quiet until seconds before [I] die and never share any meaningful analysis with anybody"? You seem very eager to get analysis from people, even after EOD, right up until I call you out for not giving any of your own.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

This is a deliberately misleading trash post from a trash person. I'll engage with it properly in the morning, like you should have.

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

This is a deliberately misleading trash post from a trash person. I'll engage with it properly in the morning, like you should have.
    I love you too.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

I love you too.
    Just outta curiosity, you ever gonna get around to posting the follow-up ISOs that should've waited til close to morning, or are you done pretending to look townie for tonight?

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Just outta curiosity, you ever gonna get around to posting the follow-up ISOs that should've waited til close to morning, or are you done pretending to look townie for tonight?
    Oh, now you want me to continue? Must've been your evil twin telling me to stop and wait. Don't worry though, lots of time left for me to get things posted before the night ends and you kill me.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, now you want me to continue? Must've been your evil twin telling me to stop and wait. Don't worry though, lots of time left for me to get things posted before the night ends and you kill me.
    I don't want you to continue. I want you to die cuz I'm 90% sure you're scum. But I figure since you've been ignoring me anyway, you'd probably continue. Why stop now?

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I don't want you to continue. I want you to die cuz I'm 90% sure you're scum. But I figure since you've been ignoring me anyway, you'd probably continue. Why stop now?
    *shrug*
    So kill me

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

*shrug*
    So kill me
    As you wish.

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

All in all, though, this banter back and forth is making Aventine look more Town to me. It seems risky for a wolf to draw this much attention and debate.
    It doesn't impact my read on AV, since AV often tries to drive discussion by being hard to read and aggressive. And last time she got into an argument like this, it was her as Town against another Townie.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine
    Should I just take it as a compliment that you are worried about the wolves seeing my analysis, but not rogue's? Or should I "keep quiet until seconds before [I] die and never share any meaningful analysis with anybody"?
    If your real life schedule permits, posting some analysis minutes before Night ends can be helpful, especially if you think you'll die. That way the wolves don't have time to process it to aim their NK, but it's also relayed to the Town in the event of your death.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Aventine Pretends to Look Townie: Part II
    seriously guys, pretending this hard is tiring, I couldn't do any more yesterday. I also needed to check some stuff with my scum-buddies in QT. You know how it is. Oh, and I lied about the unique views stuff, you can avoid incrementing the view-count if you know the super-secret handshake.
    gac3
    Spoiler: spoilered for length
    Show
    *mimics AV and squints suspiciouslier*

"I didn't do the thing I should have done. Now that I've been called out on that being odd I'm going to try to give a justification, but only half-heartedly and hedge by accepting that my argument isn't good. But only do that half-heartedly too, giving another justification for why I didn't do the thing. Oh, did I mention the super townie thing I did? Uhhhh..... Oh, hey, look at those people over there! Oops, I don't want to vote for the person that already has a vote on them, so I'm going to immediately edit to cross out that vote and vote for someone else who also has a vote on them."
    I also noticed that last part. Seconded.
    This feels too strong of a reaction. Especially for not even having any votes.

I like Lord Athos being calm. I'm gonna jump to Book Wombat.
    I also thought so. Maybe our paranoia is getting to them.

Also what do you mean? Has Athos posted much since the wagons got this high? Are they being calm?
    This feels too strong of a reaction. Especially for not even having any votes.

I like Lord Athos being calm. I'm gonna jump to Book Wombat.
    I also thought so. Maybe our paranoia is getting to them.

Also what do you mean? Has Athos posted much since the wagons got this high? Are they being calm?
    I found where Athos posted. But I don't think "Weird. Why is there a wagon on me?" Is the type of reaction that makes me think "move my vote onto a person who has no wagon at all." Lord Athos

FoS Aventine for that move feeling more like a "I put my distancing vote on my wolf buddy but there is a wagon now so let's move off and hope people forget I was on the wagon"
    (bold added by me)

I wanted to see how Athos would respond to having votes on him. I saw that. With as much time left in the day as there was, I wanted to see if I could get more reactions.

Also given how much time is left in the day, he wasn't in enough danger for me to worry if we're scum-buddies. Pushing him into the lead, and making him a real wagon at 3, then panicking and jumping off because he...wasn't even the leading wagon anymore? That's what you think I was doing?

On the other hand, you very much sound like you're desperate for an excuse to vote for Athos.
    What you described for my theory is a very bad plan. I assume that if you were a wolf, you would be a smart wolf. Looking through, somehow I missed snowblaze's vote so I thought you were the one to make Athos a wagon. Also you have no reason for voting Athos. You then just said that he was calm and moved off. But by your very own logic about why you shouldn't be worried, also shows that Lord Athos shouldn't have been worried and could easily afford to be calm. So your pressure vote, if that's what it was, accomplished nothing. You didn't wait to see how he reacted to pressure.

Why would I be very interested in voting someone specific? Unless you think me and Joy might be scum buddies.
    This isn't really a defense of either player, because idk how to feel about them being wolves, but my big takeaway from reading through Crazy Idea is that Aventine doesn't bus a scumbuddy. Ever.

Aventine might be scum. Lord Athos might be scum. But if they're both scum, not only is this a really dumb and obvious move on Aventine's part, but it flies in the face of his meta.
    Well then. Accusations retracted.

Well outside of the fact I still don't follow your logic. But knowing you aren't a wolf trying to protect a wolf kills that suspicion.
    So gac has an rng vote, an OMGUS vote, and a vote for Unavenger following other player's questioning of Unavenger posting without voting. He unvotes Unavenger when he realizes Unavenger is finally voting. Then picks up on pushing Unavenger again after I do.

Until he votes for Lord Athos, he's only following other people's suspicions and OMGUSing. There doesn't seem to be any real reason for voting for Athos other than that I dropped off the wagon. And he’s quite intent on pushing the theory that Athos and I are connected. Right up until AV disputes it. Then he quickly drops it. (But keeps the vote on Athos)

My take: does not want to be controversial or contribute; prioritizing avoiding those over scum-hunting.

JeenLeen
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Let's start off with a gambit of giving some strategic advice...
    While this does feel like trying to project an impression of solve-iness without really doing much solving, I'm not sure a wolf would actually do this. Having an idea beforehand of how to handle the cops situation is probably in town's interest. Even if we end up changing our minds, just having an idea of what sort of ways we could approach it could be the difference between a reasonably smooth job handling it and confused floundering.

Overall good. I am possibly a bit suspicious of coming out and justifying staying off the Athos-JWL competing wagons. It's not inconsistent with possible townie thinking, but it does feel like it could have some undertones of trying to preemptively justify not being on either wagon, in the event she gets accused of trying to avoid committing. The eventual switch to Lord Athos, of course, could become quite meaningful later.

The unique views stuff is off topic (or topic-tangential, really) but also at night. So that's null.

JoyWonderLove is definitely looking pretty fly-under-the-radar-y. The last second switch by JeenLeen and AV is interesting.

Logan1996. I did a thread search for his posts. There was literally one. That’s not flying under the radar. That’s building a time machine and going back before the invention of radar. He votes for JWL, which is potentially meaningful.

rogue_alchemist
    Show
    none of us will know what to conclude until people start flipping (or not) based on votes. Day 1 is chaotic, but becomes useful later on. I am not going to change my vote as I am happy with my gut, even though Elenna has claimed a role. I find her claim a little suspicious for her claimed powers, but not so suspicious that I want to go too much into it yet.

On another note we have about 21 hours remaining to finish voting. Make sure you land where you're happy!
    I already covered this. It’s also hedge-y. Feels generally ungood.

Acknowledges that there is value in coming back later and seeing who voted how on day one. Then keeps his vote on someone he originally voted for based on RNG and who now has, realistically, no chance of being lynched today.

In other words: knows day one voting patterns can be informative and avoids giving us anything that could potentially link him to scum in the future.
    Exactly, why would I want to vote in some way that could link me to scrum later? I have no information to act off of and it is RNG anyways, so let it be what it is. If there was actionable information, then I could change (such as if Elenna ended up being a wagon and I believed her claim, I could move off), but to randomly support a wagon that has no discernible reason to exist anyways, no thanks.
    Too concerned with looking scummy. Does not appear to have any interest in scum-hunting.

But AV’s response is the part that is really troubling. If you think someone’s weirdness is due to inexperience or such, that can be noted in analysis. But AV is too quick here to jump in and defend rogue for him.

Snowblaze. I’m in a similar place as with Apogee. Ok, but nothing that couldn’t be done as scum. The late switch off of Lord Athos is potentially telling. If JWL is scum, then that would be a risk for scum-Snowblaze (though mitigated somewhat by how little time was left in the day). If JWL is town, I could potentially see a scum-Snowblaze being less happy about ending up on the townie-killing wagon.

Unavenger
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Uh, yeah, I can't really be bothered to RVS because it's always just performative and stuff. Nah, I thought I'd mention something useful and also commit to at least a partial claim instead. A bit of assurance that I can fall back on late-game, you know?

I guess it's not necessarily completely useless to RVS? Still, I prefer to wait and poke people who aren't participating.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised that JWL and Logan aren't posting. Really, I normally think of them as normally being fairly active players. Although, it's still early, but I guess I should make a move. Zeroing in on some target or other, I guess I'll vote JoyWonderLove. You feel like talking some more for us?

(Oh, didn't realise JWL was being voted for already. Never mind, I'll vote Logan1996 as another poke. Easy enough.)
    *mimics AV and squints suspiciouslier*

"I didn't do the thing I should have done. Now that I've been called out on that being odd I'm going to try to give a justification, but only half-heartedly and hedge by accepting that my argument isn't good. But only do that half-heartedly too, giving another justification for why I didn't do the thing. Oh, did I mention the super townie thing I did? Uhhhh..... Oh, hey, look at those people over there! Oops, I don't want to vote for the person that already has a vote on them, so I'm going to immediately edit to cross out that vote and vote for someone else who also has a vote on them."
    The stuff following feels like feigned emotion. But it could be genuine, so I don’t have the strongest read here.

Book Wombat is another one-post-wonder. This one goes the other way and votes for Lord Athos.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

The Night ends in roughly ninety minutes.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

8 minutes remaining. Yup I'm tired of waiting.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I'll be nice and give you a buffer post.

*is definitely not refreshing obsessively at all*
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #175
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's the (first night) final countdown, do do doo doo...

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

The night was pretty ecthic, everybody in varying degrees kept themselves busy, chatting or plotting. Everybody but one. They kept themselves well at home, thank you. Who'd go out at night with monsters around? Well, unfortunately, monsters care not about your door. In a room painted red, you found the body of the one who could tell you who did it.

Aventine died. They were the Doctor.

Spoiler: Role
    Show
    You're the Doctor, a Town Human role. You never saw these kind of wounds, but if someone thinks you won't do your job anyway well screw them, you're a doctor and vowed to save lives.
    Each night pick a player, that player can't die during the night. In addition, every day as long as you are alive the role of the killer is discovered publicly if there's a victim

Try to avoid colds, gents. And death, possibly.

BEGIN DAY 2

It'll end in 48 hours.

QTs with night's results will be updated now.

- - - Updated - - -

All night actions received feedback.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-06-06 at 07:16 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

First off, not to be too cryptic (haha, sike, I'm gonna be cryptic) but if the person who did the thing that they did last night could keep on doing that, that would be great because that's really cool and takes away all the weirdness that would otherwise make my job harder.

Second off, yikes, losing a doctor might be an issue.

Third, I might go around and ISO everyone in a bit but really not feeling up to doin' stuff right now. >.>

28. - Top - End - #178
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, Aventine's death could point to any number of people - AV, rogue_alchemist, and gac are the ones that were probably called out most but the wolves could assume we would follow that train of thought so...

At least to start, I'll throw a vote on Book Wombat to hopefully see where their head is at. Through the grapevine there may be one or two people caught in lies, so we'll see what comes of that.

Also, people should have gotten feedback from any roles that take actions in the night. Would it help to publicly say if anyone knows they were roleblocked? I assume there would be at least one in the game and my guess is that they're with the wolves. Not exactly sure what that would tell us, but it's possibly more info for the town.
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2020-06-06 at 04:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Well, Aventine's death could point to any number of people - AV, rogue_alchemist, and gac are the ones that were probably called out most but the wolves could assume we would follow that train of thought so...

At least to start, I'll throw a vote on Book Wombat to hopefully see where their head is at. Through the grapevine there may be one or two people caught in lies, so we'll see what comes of that.

Also, people should have gotten feedback from any roles that take actions in the night. Would it help to publicly say if anyone knows they were roleblocked? I assume there would be at least one in the game and my guess is that they're with the wolves. Not exactly sure what that would tell us, but it's possibly more info for the town.
    Worth mentioning: the Doubting Cop role in the examples is a roleblocker.

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground

Worth mentioning: the Doubting Cop role in the examples is a roleblocker.
    Elenna also has a roleblock if her claim of Playful Spirit is accurate, so you can make the (potentially incorrect) assumption that there's at least two going about. Though one's only single use.