New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Star Trek: Nereid {IC}

The EMH materializes on the bridge, the dry voice seeming to emerge even before the emitters come online.

“Please state the nature of the medical emergency. Ah.”

With no further words, the programmed doctor bends to the ground and takes out a medical tricorder, tracing the emitter around the injured crewman.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    The ship continues to rock as the plasma storm rages through space around you.

But with some good flying from the conn, soon enough, you reach a space clear of the sudden storm.

“Good flying,” the captain says. “Now, Mister Delix, lets find out if that debris is from Voyager, or if we have more to do here.”
    "Thanks, Captain. I'll try to keep us steady." He keeps his eyes fixated on his console, checking the sensors, as if staring at it could help to prevent a situation as the one before. Behind a facade of cool professionalism, there is still the anxiety to learn about Tabit's status. Hopefully she would recover. The hint of the smell of burned flesh in the air not yet filtered out by the environmental systems does his part. Hopefully they would at some point find technology to predict and anticipate such outbreaks.
    Last edited by Niobaran; 2020-06-16 at 11:34 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33

"Aye, Captain. I will have a report as soon as possible." Delix leaves the bridge and heads to Cargo Bay 3, careful to ensure there is no radiation, as he knows he is particularly sensitive to radiation sickness. Delix takes his time analyzing the wreckage and trying to determine what he can about it.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    I don't remember you saying what type of check it was. Feel free to roll for me if there is a check needed. Sorry

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

"If there are no life-signs in the debris field, perhaps we should move to orbit one of the nearby planetoids and scan for survivors. They may have gotten escape pods launched."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

There are no lifeforms in the debris field. Within a few minutes, Delix is able to report that the debris, while Federation in origin, is consistent with a Maquis vessel. There is no evidence that Voyager was here.

Meanwhile, on the bridge, the EMH is able to stabilize Crewman Tabit enough to have her transported to sickbay for more effective treatment.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Providing the results of no roll on any zero difficulty task.

Captain's Log: Supplemental.

We have discovered a debris field in the Badlands, but it is not from Voyager. We are continuing our search for Janeway and her crew.I have ordered us further into the Badlands in the hopes that we find our missing ship.

The Nereid moves on through the Badlands. The Plasma storm continues to rage, and the ocassional blast of discharging plasma impacts against the shields, but they continue to hold.

Spoiler: Conn Task
    Show
    I need a Conn+Control Test from Kovacs.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2020-06-24 at 01:36 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

6. - Top - End - #36

Kovacs is fully focused on trying to keep the Nereid steady.

Show

Using focus "Helm Operations", as this is probably what I'm doing right now.

(2d20)[17] vs. target number 16 (11+5). Everything less or equal 5 counts double.

7. - Top - End - #37

Spoiler: OOC 2
    Show
    Sorry, made a mistake, as I rolled them both together without the "v". It could only be two successes though, given that the overall is 17, but I'll still reroll, focus application and all.
    (2d20)[10][13](23) vs. target number 16, 5 or lower counts double.

--> two successes.
    Last edited by Niobaran; 2020-06-24 at 07:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

The Nereid comes out of the plasma storm, and into orbit around an M class world inside a pocket of relatively stable space.

Almost immediately, the sensors detect four ships in the vicinity. Three of them are Maquis ships, and they are engaged in combat with a Cardassian Galor class ship.

“Zija. What is the status of the ships?”

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Initial scans confirm one Galar-class, and three ships that are probably Maquis, given the circumstances. One moment."

She directed the ship to make more exacting scans, looking to confirm the other ship's identities and the layout of the impromptu battle in front of them.

Spoiler
    Show

Gonna spend a momentum. I assume Shipboard Tactical Systems focus is more for actual shipboard weapons since I'm using the same scanners as everyone else even if I am at the tactical station, so I'll assume it doesn't apply. TN is 11 (Reason 7, Security 4)

3 Dice due to momentum spend:
    (1d20)[20](1d20)[12](1d20)[8]

So I don't need to make another post, I will re-roll any failures that arise (due to Cautious Security), prioritizing 20s. If none fail, then this die isn't used.
    (1d20)[11]

Extra die due to Untapped Potential. Using the chart on... I think p94? for the funky effect d6. These only generate extra momentum/threat if I'm successful.
    (1d6)[4]

10. - Top - End - #40

Zija's eyes widened.

"Prophets, what a brawl. The Cardassian ship has taken a beating, but not only are those Maquis ships worse off, but I'm detecting debris from... two other non-Cardassian ships. Orders, captain?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

"Perhaps we should open a channel and break this up..."
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-06-28 at 12:46 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes. Open a channel. All frequencies."

When the channel is open, the captain speaks.

"This is Captain Shanna Vess of the Nereid to the Maquis vessels. Break off your attack, or by the conditions of the Treaty we will be forced to intervene. Stand down."

Whether the words, or the appearance of another ship, the Maquis do break off their attack, though they fire a few more pot shots as they fly past the ship on their way away from both the Galor class ship and the Nereid.

Shortly after, the Cardassians hail the Nereid.

"This is Gul Evor of the Revtak. To what do we owe the pleasure of a Federation ship coming to our aid? And in the Badlands, no less?"

"I'm afraid that saving you the trouble of fighting was not our mission here. We were sent by Starfleet to find out what happened to the USS Voyager. She dissapeared a month ago with no word or warning."

The Cardassian on the viewscreen snorted. "It is likely then, that the Voyager was destroyed. The Badlands are a dangerous place, after all. Why, I would say that more than nine-thirteenths of our losses hunting the Maquis was because of the Badlands, not the Maquis themselves."

"Be that as it may, we-"

At this point, Delix cuts in from his place at Ops.

Captain! There is a massive subspace energy wave heading for us! Bearing Two-Six-Three, Mark Twenty Six!

"On Screen!"

The viewscreen flickers from the image of the Gul, and instead shows an image from outside the ship. From the heart of the Badlands, a bright white wave is pulsing through the plasma storms, and in fact, when plasma discharges strike the wave, it pulses, and grows.

"Evasive maneuvers! Kovacs! Get us out of here, full impulse!"

Kovacs tries, but no matter what he does, he can't seem to get from out of the path of the wave, he estimates thirty seconds to impact.

"All hands! Brace for-"

The ship lurches as the wave hits the ship. The inertial compensators are briefly overloaded, and everyone is thrown forward.

Everything fades to black...

As you come back to consciousness, sparks are flying from damaged displays and ruptured conduits. Emergency lighting casts everything in a dim glow, amplified slightly by the smoke from smoldering carpeting on the deck. Captain Vess is sprawled on the deck, a piece of broken bulkhead piercing her leg. And she isn't the only injury. Others are strewn about the remains of the bridge, and it seems that no one has gotten through the... whatever that was, without an injury of some kind.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #43

Delix suddenly finds himself on the floor as consciousness is returning. He sits up quickly, but grabs his head as a wave of pain strikes him. Then he notices that his arm is in-fact broken. He quickly takes stock of his body and finds no other major injuries, though with so many minor ones, it still makes him move gingerly. He uses his good arm to pull himself up and start checking the ship for a damage manifest.

Spoiler: dice rolls
    Show
    (2d20)[2][13](15)for what I assume is a science+reason roll of 16, just to bank some more momentum, as it is likely a 0 Task to scan ship damage

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Commander Alea Hobb awakes with a start, feeling a lot of pain from pretty much the entire crew. Briefly, this in itself is overwhelming, before her own pain catches up to her. Left arms aren't supposed to have *two* elbows, correct?

She cradles the arm but rolls up to standing using the chair console. Looking around, she asks, "Captain! Are you all right? We'll get help... activate EMH!

"I wonder if our EMH can be in a hundred places at once... Agh. Ow."

Alea figures it's probably ALL the decks that need help. "Mister Delix, you and I seem to be in similar situations - is the computer still online? Let me know if any systems are in critical condition - that wave must have completely overwhelmed the inertial dampeners. If Engineering is stable, let's break out the emergency medkits and get ourselves and the others patched up."
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-07-03 at 07:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Kovacs

A moaning sound emerges from the CONN, as Kovacs raises his head from it. Pain rushes through him as he tries to regain consciousness. Wiping the blood off the console with his forearm, he turns to look around on the bridge, a thin red veil covering his eyes. By the looks of it, his face met the console with a certain momentum, probably leaving his nose broken, and his face swollen, and -- quite possibly -- at least a concussion, if there are further internal injuries, who knows. He gives Alea a short nod that sends stars in front of his eyes, to signal that he has acknowledged that she has taken over command, and that he is still able to work.

"Checking navigational and drive systems." he announces lowly and in a nasal tone which could have been funny under different circumstances. But instead of turning back to his console, he looks towards the place behind the captain's seat where the tactics officer was usually standing. "Zija?" he asks, louder, while his right hand moves over his console routinely finding the on-screen buttons.
    Last edited by Niobaran; 2020-07-03 at 07:43 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Zija was shaken awake by someone calling her name. Her left shoulder and the matching side of her face felt like they were on fire. Her vision felt off, and when she blinked she realized that her left eye had apparently been heavily damaged when one of the secondary tactical consoles had catastrophically failed.

Steadying herself with her right arm, she managed to drag herself back up to her station.

"I'm... here. Checking weapons and shield systems. Prophets, what was that? I think I heard something about a subspace disturbance?"

Turning her head almost ninety degrees so she could examine herself with her working eye, she saw the telltale rootlike network of Lichtenberg figures common to high-voltage electrical wounds and said a prayer under her breath.

Spoiler
    Show

Assuming this is still reason+security, so TN 11
    (1d20)[16],(1d20)[4]

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

The primary power is offline. Almost every station on the bridge is nonfunctional. Sparks fly from damaged consoles.

One of the turbolift doors opens, and the other squeals as it halts after opening less than halfway.

The EMH does indeed appear on the bridge, since the circuits for the holoemitters on the bridge have multiple redundancies for emergency medical services.

Captain Vess groans as she regains consciousness herself. And then there is a hiss of pain as she attempts and fails to pull herself up.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

18. - Top - End - #48

"Console's not responding."

She tapped her comm badge.

"Engineering section, do you read me?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

“Please state the nature of the medical emergency,” speaks the EMH once again as he looks around, quickly assessing and performing triage on the patients around him, stabilizing those he is able to according to their injuries. At some point, he taps his own commbadge, a redundant affectation but one that was programmed into him.

“EMH to medbay; please report. What is the current status of biobeds?”

He continued applying the dermal regenerator to some of the wounded. He was cleary going to need to get some of them to medbay, and he needed a report from there on availability.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Two of the crewmen on the bridge who have had emergency medical training begin assisting the EMH, applying first aid to those who are not critically injured, leaving those wounds for the doctor.

Meanwhile, someone has helped the captain back up into her chair, where she begins trying to find out what has happened to her ship, waving off the crewman who is trying to get the captains leg up to help prevent the loss of too much blood.

“Looks like communications are out. We might have a few hull breaches, but they must be too bad or we would have emergency force fields coming online.

“Someone start getting auxilliary power routed to communications, sensors, and the shields. We need to figure out what happened and how bad we’re hurt.”

Spoiler: Tasks
    Show
    All three of these tasks are difficulty 3. Use whatever roll combination you believe would be helpful.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

21. - Top - End - #51

Zija nodded, noticing that her shoulder injury made the gesture tilt unnaturally.

"Working on getting the shields back up. Hopefully the computer will let me re-route some of these commands away from engineering until we can re-establish communications."

Spoiler
    Show

Spending momentum. I assume that my focus on Shipboard Tactical Systems applies here, since I'm basically trying to "wire" everything back to her station.
    TN is 11 (Reason 7, Security 4).

Computers+Security ship assistance, TN 11
    (1d20)[19]

3 Dice due to momentum spend:
    (1d20)[7](1d20)[4](1d20)[8]

So I don't need to make another post, I will re-roll any failures that arise (due to Cautious Security), prioritizing 20s. If none fail, then this die isn't used.
    (1d20)[20]

Extra die due to Untapped Potential. Using the chart on... I think p94? for the funky effect d6. These only generate extra momentum/threat if I'm successful.
    (1d6)[1]

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Zija begins rerouting power from the Auxiliary power systems and after a minute of programming the necessary bypasses, she has the satisfaction of seeing the shields come back online. Until her console shorts out, sending another shower of sparks across the floor. In frustration, Zija hits the console with the fist that hurt the least, and the console flickers back to life.

Show
    You succeed on restoring the shield grid to functionality, but it comes with the complication of your console burning out so you do not know how effective the shields are. But for now, you know they are operational.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2020-07-10 at 04:11 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

"We have shields? Excellent, Lieutenant Kell. Are the Cardassians or Maquis still out there? They must be in as bad of shape as we are, or worse."

Alea feels a bit useless, holding her arm, telling the EMH to tend to the others first. She's not really a medic, and her console remains dark for the moment. She'll assist the EMH if needed but otherwise is just generally going to be encouraging to the others as everybody tries to get their stations operational again. She looks between the other bridge crew and will help out if anybody is having trouble. "Mister Kovacs, are you all right? Let's head out of the Badlands until we can get all this repaired. We'd be no use to Voyager as it is."

Show
    Alea looks for opportunities to assist on the next Command or Engineering task, and will do so. If a Medicine task is looking dire, she will also join in on that. If we're still capped on momentum, we should also probably use it to create an advantage, to speed up our recovery. Maybe Zija slamming her fist on the panel also brought the viewscreen back online, or recalibrated the long-range sensors.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-07-10 at 07:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The EMH gives a look of long-suffering disdain to the commander and sighs as he begins taking out an osteogenic stimulator from one of his medkits and applying it to her wounds.

“You are one of the most severely injured, but certainly, let me put aside my millions of hours of programmed medical experience.”

A few passes of the stimulator and the process seems to be finished.

“There. Good as new, Commander. Though I would recommend taking it easy for a while.”

Show

I think I’ll “sum up” the treatments I did with the rolls in the conversation with the Commander, rather than each individual. I am trying to make him as...abrasive? As the doctor was before he was on more. I figured that would be consistent.

25. - Top - End - #55

"Not sure yet, still trying to get everything together. It looks like we had a massive surge when the intertials tried to compensate for... whatever that was. I'm no engineer, but I think we're going to have to get things together militia-style if we want this ship working as one. Runners going from deck to deck, Jeffries tube to Jeffries tube getting damage reports and distributing orders. Shipwide communications are still cooked, as far as what I've rigged up can report. It'll be a hell of a mess, but we did go over a protocol sorta like that at the Academy."

Letting out a deep breath, she checked if the sensors were at all functional.

Spoiler
    Show

Got my Extra Info tidbits out there, and if the sensors are still working:

TNs for both is 11. Don't know difficulty.
    Ship Sensors+Security:(1d20)[3]
    Her Reason+Security:(1d20)[11](1d20)[20]

If they're not, I'll wait. I assume whatever patchjob she did getting the shields back up is taking most of her time.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Most of the sensors are offline.

And what little Zika gets through what is left is... disturbing.

You can’t get an exact fix on your position, but from what you understand of what you should be finding, you find... nothing.

According to what the sensors are reporting, you aren’t in the Badlands anymore.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Commander Alea thanks the EMH, which seems a little odd in hindsight since he's not REALLY a person, is he? Whichever.

She moves back to help Zija, and says, "That's a great idea, getting some runners going from deck to deck." She calls a couple crewmen over who seem least wounded, and tells them, "Head to Sickbay and Engineering, and let them know what happened and that we're trying to get things online ASAP. Come back with their status report and if they need us to do anything from the bridge."

She turns back to Zija and adds, "Meanwhile, let's you and I pull this panel cover off and take a look at the isolinear chips. We'll replace what we need to to get the sensors up again. There must be some damage to the circuits if they can't even tell where we are."
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-07-11 at 03:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The EMH walked over to Zija and drew out the dermal regenerator and began passing it over the wounds after a quick diagnostic scan.

“There. You should make a full recovery.”

He makes his way over to the captain and begins a scan for internal injuries. She did not seem to be bleeding but he would know more after the scan.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Bypass after Bypass. Switching the positions and type of chips for minutes. Tapping consoles that are still working. Trying new combinations.

Minutes go by, and the sensor systems start sending signals to the consoles. But it doesn't make sense, and it doesn't pass the SOP tests that are required for verifiable working and accurate sensor readings you need to ensure things are correct.

But then, after so much work, they finally start passing test after test. After passing enough for you to ensure they are working seventy-five percent accurately, you are able to use the computer to run further programming and automatic sequences to auto-calibrate and correct programming errors that have occurred with the bypasses.

And...

Uhh, Captain? I think we are going to need some serious repairs, because according to our readings, we are approximately 75,000 light-years away from where we were.

“What?” The captain says, trying in vain to push the EMH away. “That can’t possibly be right. Recheck the diagnostic subroutines. Something-”

Engineering to Bridge. Does anyone read me?

“This is the Captain. We hear you Engineering.”

Good. We’ve managed to patch the communications system back online, but we are fairly certain it will only work in the major centers of the ship. Engineering, the bridge, and sickbay. We’re still working on getting internal sensors back online, but it looks like a lot of the EPS grid blew out. We’re manually transferring everything we can to the Auxiliary power grid. But from what we can tell, we are going to have to put in at a Starbase for heavy repair.

“That may take a while. Do what you can to get main power back online.”

Aye, Captain. Engineering out.

“Commander. Do what you can to get us back on our feet.”

Speaking of your feet, Captain. If you wish to retain use of both of your legs, you must proceed with me to Sickbay. You have suffered a severe laceration of most of the muscle groups in both your Quadriceps and Hamstrings. Frankly, it is surprising to see you conscious.”

“You are going to have to do what you can here,” the captain says. “Until the turbo lift or the transporters are back online, I won’t be able to leave the bridge.”

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

30. - Top - End - #60

Delix lets the EMH looks at him quickly and get his arm working before doing what he can to help engineering get things rerouted. "I am going to help engineering get power up and running as much as I can, so we can get these systems working better. I'll be back with a full report." He then tries to plot a course to engineering, while avoiding the blocked passages and inoperable turbolifts.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    I assume the plotting a course is a task 0, with the computer back up and running at some capacity, though if you need a roll: (2d20)[16][2](18) against a TN 13 Reason+Security with a computer Focus to analyze the dangers. Once he gets there he tries to figure out where things are broken and what kind of materials they will need to fix them: (2d20)[14][8](22) against TN 15 Reason+Engineering using Intense Scrutiny Talent and physics Focus.