New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default GLoG 93: Something something something babies

The Good League of Good is a Nexus organization devoted to the care and support of those in need, a sanctuary for those that need it, and the redemption of evildoers. The organization strives to make the campsite a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

If you are brand new to FFRP, please come to the Nexus OoC thread and introduce yourself. We all want to meet you!

GLoG's Programs

Charitable Activities
    GLoG's primary purpose as an organization is to perform good works such as caring for distressed individuals in need, housing and feeding evacuees from the cities during disasters, and healing sick and injured people in GLoG's infirmary–renowned as the most advanced place of healing in the Nexus. All full members are expected to take part in some portion of these activities.

Child Care
    Branching out from Sapling cabin, a child care and babysitting facility is run at GLoG. First and foremost, priority and free care is provided to children in need, whether they be from from downtrodden families or visitors from orphanages in the cities. No less fortunate child will be turned away. Beyond that there is room for other children, at a typical daycare cost of which all profits go right back into GLoG's programs. The facility is run by a combination of volunteers and employees.

Our Redemption Program
    No soul is too far gone to do some good in the world, and this program is for those that want to make up for their past misdeeds and do just that. It's a voluntary program initiated by the redeemee themself. Individuals who come in search of redemption should be interviewed by a senior member to see how their needs can be best met, and then assigned to a mentor who will assist them. Graduation from the redemption program will occur when both the redeemee and his/her mentor agree that they have made sufficient progress.

Attention Villains
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story. However, as a player to player courtesy, please check in with the players who are active at any given time before launching an attack. Not everyone wants to roleplay combat scenes, and sometimes there are other things going on that players don't want to interrupt for a random fight. Either a PM/IM to players, a short post in thread to say, "Mind if I introduce a villain here?" or a longer post in the OOC thread if it's a larger plot is appreciated.

Also, please don't plan any villainy that will result in destroying the base or having the same effect (poisoning the lake, burning down the forest, etc.) without the consent of the majority of the players who would be affected.

Base Defences
    Spoiler
    Show
    The GLoG campsite is now under the effects of the spell Plaza of Downcast Eyes. Almost all teleportation and scrying spells are blocked.

A Spirit Charm has been placed on the GLoG grounds. A number of willing spirits serve to protect the grounds. See the NPCs section for more information.

If any of your characters add more defences, please PM them to Gulaghar so they can be added.

If you're a newbie, and you've read this far, you should know enough to join in the fun.
    Everything beyond this point is Bonus Material.

After the original GLoG building was destroyed by an army of catpeople, the survivors took out a mortgage and purchased the Phoenix Lake Campground. Entering the campground by the main road leads to a small plaza ringed by the lodge, infirmary, and nursery, along with a parking area and stable. Past that, the camp gives way to nature a bit more with scattered cabins in a rough crescent around the lake. At the lake, there is a small dock with a little shed nearby where a few canoes and paddle boats are stored. The swimming area has a GIANT slide and a rope swing. Because GIANT slides and rope swings are awesome. There is a sandy volleyball court not far from the slide, a large playground under the trees, set back from the lake somewhat, and a set of horseshoe pits.

It's all set in the foothills of the Acro mountains, and mainly surrounded by woods. There are many hiking trails nearby leading to mountaintop vistas, waterfalls, sea coves, and various other locations, both within this thread, and in the Outside thread. The campground is also within easy walking distance of the city of Inside, though there is also a Riftline station just outside the campground for those who prefer to take the train or who have further to go.

All members are encouraged to take initiative in acting out the org's stated goals, and to help anyone who needs it. However, when looking for a higher authority to consult with, Reelshka Morty acts as the head administrator.

Buildings
    Spoiler
    Show
    Main Lodge: The large stone structure of the main lodge is one of the first visitors will see when entering the camp. The entrance area is heated by a large fireplace and has an array of comfortable seating. Through a wide entrance is the communal industrial kitchen and the cafeteria style dining hall. Offices for administration purposes can be used for paperwork and meetings. An entrance to the cellar can be found toward the back of the structure.

Infirmary: From the outside the Infirmary looks like a large version of the cozy cabins scattered throughout the campground. On the inside, it's a very clean environment, all white and silver. Even so, the place has a warm feeling. Natural light filters in from above and soft, soothing music filters through the whole building. Voices can barely be heard saying words of healing and comfort. There are no enclosed rooms, but each bed is separated by walls at a severe enough angle to give a semblance of privacy.

If no PC is present in the Infirmary, patients are tended to by Nurse Piper, a ghost NPC who haunts the infirmary. She has a tyrannical bedside manner, but will always put the welfare of her patients first. She is able to generally stabilize patients and do general nursing care, but cannot provide magical healing or any type of advanced medicine. A few Drones can serve a similar, if lesser, purpose.

Daycare Facility: Having started with just Sapling cabin, the nursery has been expanded to meet the needs of the camp's child care facility, which is run by Sakura Gulaghar and Reelshka Morty. Among the buildings there are play areas for all different ages, sleeping spaces both communal and private, and a dining area. Nearby there are a few outdoor play areas. A huge jungle gym stands next to a cement pad for sports, and behind both of those a grassy area is kept clear for other activities.

Cabins: Individuals can have their own room within a cabin, but they are unlikely to have a full cabin to themselves unless they come equipped with a family. Some of the cabins have been rebuilt, and may have more space than the four room cabins the campground came with, and a few cabins have had private bathrooms installed. All cabins are named after trees, and players are free to invent further details about their own cabins.
    Spoiler: Cabin List
    Show
    The following cabins are defined and occupied by at least one person. Feel free to move into one of these or define a new one (with a tree name). Just be aware that anyone moving into these will have cabinmates. PM Gulaghar to add a new cabin to the list.

• Oak
    • Ash
    • Redwood
    • Cherry
    • Elm
    • Birch
    • Ironoak
    • Maple
    • Balsa
    • Evergreen
    • Rowan
    • Poplar

The bolded cabins are at full occupancy.

Apple, the Visitor's Cabin, is reserved for visitors. They are requested to check in at the main lodge, where any member can give them permission to stay for a few days. Longer than that, unless they are in need, they will be requested to either join or find a living space elsewhere.

Bathhouse: This building is divided into the men's and women's bathhouses, with entrances at either end. It has shower stalls, a line of sinks, and toilet stalls in each.

Workshop: A well built cabin designed by Reelshka Morty, containing nothing at present but the Mainframe installation. It always remains locked. Drones fly in and out of a small entrance that opens for them when they send an encrypted signal.

NPCs
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Drones Mk 2

The drones are back at GLoG. Drones are NPCs who can be played by anyone, within the guidelines below:
    • Their Primary Function is member safety.
    • They do have stun beams, little arms, and the ability to record what's going on around them.
    • They follow orders from GLoG members, unless those orders conflict with their Primary Function.
    • There are only four to five in operation at any one time.
    • They can be destroyed, but if so they'll be restored from backup at the Workshop.
    • A few have been supplied with medical programming, and thus can perform infirmary duties.
    • They often have weird personality quirks and are prone to malfunctioning.
    • Statement: They speak in DarkOrange FixedSys

The Spirits
    Recently in the history of GLoG, a protective charm has been placed over the GLoG grounds. The shaman Pathfinder UncleWolf bid all the willing spirits that perished in and around GLoG to protect the grounds from those that would wish to do it and its inhabitants harm.

The Ghosts
    Having been built on a generic-ancient-burial-ground, Phoenix Lake Campground is haunted by various ghosts. They are generally harmless and for the most part glad to have some company, though pranks and hijinks may occur. Ghosts can be made up on the spot and NPC'd by anyone. They tend to speak in Gray and mostly appear for comic purposes, but this is by no means a requirement.

Archive
    Spoiler
    Show
    GLoG 92: Generosity, Love, Opportunity, Growth
    GLoG 91
    GLoG 90
    GLoG 89
    GLoG 88
    GLoG 87
    GLoG 86
    GLoG 85
    GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!
    GLoG 83
    GLoG 82: So Many Babies!
    GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!
    GLoG LXXX: Continuation of a New Era!
    GLoG 79: So Lonely.
    Good League of Good 78: Druids of Mass Destruction and other bioweapons
    Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!
    GLoG 76: Now with a Decipherable OP!
    GLoG 75: Gazebos Gone Wild
    GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!
    GloG 73
    GLoG 72
    GLoG 71: Redemption Equals Free Housing!
    GLoG 70
    GLoG 69
    GLoG 68
    GLoG 67
    GloG 66: Coupon Redemption
    GloG 65
    GLoG 64: Campsites, not Chessboards!
    GLoG LXIII: Roman Numerals are back!
    GLoG 62: Come for the paddleboats. Stay for the hawt shirtless catboy!
    GLoG 61: Now with 100% More goblins
    GLoG 60
    GLoG LIX: Now with Trees!
    GLoG LVIII: Shaken, but not baked
    GLoG LVII: Princess Power Trio Plus Protective Parents
    GLoG LVI: I had a joke but I forgot it
    GLoG LV: Witty Title And/Or Song Reference
    GLoG LIV: Sleeping with the Lights On
    GLoG LIII: These are the Days of our Lives.
    GLoG LII: Home of the Next Generation
    GLoG 51
    GLoG 50: Rife with new Life.
    GLoG 49: Who Ya Gonna Call?
    GLoG 48: From the Ashes

♫♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♫

GLoG XLVII: Nothing can stop us. Well, except that.
    GLoG XLVI: With a Maraschino Cherry On Top.
    GLoG XLV: The winds of change be darned!
    GLoG 44: Continuity has no place here!
    GLoG 43: Behave yourself, Dani!
    GLoG XLII: Yes, curtains still get dropped here
    GLoG XLI: When you're smiling, the world plots against you.
    GLoG 40: Now one year old!
    GLoG 39: And there was much rejoicing. (Yay!)
    GLoG 38: Pay No Attention to the Computer's Paranoid Ramblings
    GLoG 37: Dysfunction Junction
    GLoG XXXVI: Curse You, Dramatic Irony!
    GLoG XXXV: There shall be happiness!!!
    GLoG XXXIV: It gets worse!
    GLoG XXXIII: Do you think you can handle it?
    GLoG XXXII: The Loved and the Lost
    GLoG 31: To live defeated and inglorious is to die daily
    GLoG 30: Defying Biology Since 2008!
    GLoG 29: Under New Management
    GLoG 28: The People's Republic of Magtok
    GLoG 27: Pay No Attention to the Thead Behind the Curtain!
    GLoG 26: Now With 100% More Things Trying to Nom You!
    GLoG XXV (that's 25!): Mapped out and everythin'!
    GLoG XXIV: This Ain't No House of Cards
    GLoG XXIII: With malice towards none.
    GLoG XXII: Ahhhhhh!!!! They're after us!!
    GLoG 21/XX1: Half of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
    GLoG 20/XX: Twenty Times the Awesome
    GLoG 19: For those who can't make it over the rainbow
    GLoG 18: It's A Brand New Day
    GLoG XVII: SMITE CONTINUITY!
    GLoG XVI: Built out of 100% recycled babies. That's why we're good.
    GLoG XV: Beware the Ides of GLoG.
    GLoG XIV: Where Bad Puns Go To Die.
    GLoG XIII: Bring It On, Omnipotent Beings!
    GLoG 12: [Insert Unique and Witty Title Here]
    GLoG XI: We Failed Our "Witty Title Check" (DC 3).
    GLoG X: More Like Good League Of... Of... Crazy
    GLoG IX: Death is no longer cheap
    GLoG VIII: Thread of Exalted Deeds
    GLoG VII: Now Vampire Free!
    GLoG VI: Thread of One Thousand Plots
    GLoG V: Where Everyone's a Hero (In Their Own Way)
    GLoG IV: Please refrain from kidnapping our members
    GLoG III: Albeit, we ate the cake with our sporks
    GLoG II: Now with 30% More Sporks
    The Good League of Good

This thread is managed by Gulaghar. I will create the new thread when this one reached 50 pages. Please contact me for updates to the OP.

Thinking about roleplaying in the Nexus? Come say hi in our Discord!
    Last edited by Gullara; 2021-09-21 at 05:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 93: Something something something babies

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Angel Children]

"We need to tell someone who can actually stop them," Reelshka insists. "Though it's true that Zee might have told someone already. She knows various people who deal with this kind of thing. But I really don't think either of you should be fighting robots."
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "I'm not just a kid!" Eao pouts. "It's what I was made to do! Why shouldn't I fight them?" Her childlike form is definitely working against her argument here.
    Angel Children

Asher places a hand on Eao's shoulder. "Calm down, Eao! Reelshka is a down-to-earth person, she doesn't understand. We must show her that we're more than just kids."

And he does! He turns to Reelshka and unveils just a little bit, enough to shed his child form that comes from his mental age. Instead, standing before her is an adult form of the Asher she's come to know and love, glowing brighter with his purple eyes, silver skin and wings. When he speaks, it's in a deep baritone, but the manner in which he speaks makes it clear he's still a young child.

Which would probably be weird.

"Fear not, Reelshka. This isn't my full true form, but I'm still me, okay? We are kids in that we are young and learning how the world of mortals work, but we are not just kids. Angels possess strength and power far beyond that of mortals. I, Reuel, and Uriel - that's Ruth - are likely among the most powerful members of the league. So have faith in the fact that I and Eao can take them on." He turns to Eao. "Show her your adult form, Eao... umm... you can be big without using your full form, right? I didn't show my eyes because of the baby!" He says, in case she forgets and opens her eye-wings when she becomes big.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

[Angel Children]

Reelshka is really unsure how to respond to this, but her train of thought is derailed when Maltrika starts crying. The baby was already on edge when she felt her mother was concerned about something, but then Asher suddenly became someone else. She has no idea what's going on, so she does what a baby does in this situation, which is cry. It's a strange sound, that sounds like the whimpering of an upset wolf cub. Reelshka hurries over to her immediately to pick her up and try to soothe her.

"Shh, shh, it's okay. It's still Asher, just... different."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Angel Children

Eao also changes now, but her transformation is not as instantaneous as Asher's. Her body warps and twists and distorts, limbs moving in uncanny ways as her height rapidly increases. Her dress becomes smoother, less frilly, and more mature looking. A pair of glasses appear perched on her nose, and her feet are now clad in simple high-heeled pumps. Her hair however, and her expression, are the same. She looks like a librarian, or maybe a businesswoman, in her early twenties. "See? We can be grown-ups too!"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

[Angel Children]

Asher looks like a 25-year old now, though he's clothed in a white robe with a gold belt, rather than being barechested with white trousers. He's also barefeet.

He facepalms when Eao changes in such an uncanny manner... he should have thought to suggest she shift out of reality to change. When Maltrika starts crying, he steps forward. "Oh no... it's me Maltrika, okay? Shh..." However, Ruth chooses that moment to appear in front of them out of thin air. "In front of a baby, young one? Really?" She admonishes, and he looks sheepish. "I'm sorry." In response, she folds her arms. "Young ones..." She mutters, shaking her head. "You caused it, you fix it."

He nods and boops Maltrika on the nose. "Peace and calm." Warm energy flows through his finger through the baby's body, which should put her in a calm and peaceful state, ceasing the crying. She might even doze off!

"So... you're Eao. Asher's told me about the whole situation. I am his caretaker and parent-figure. Nice to meet you, young one." She turns to Reelshka. "This must be a lot to take in, my friend... but you can let them go. On the very slim chance that they get into trouble they cannot handle, I will be watching and ready to jump in at a moment's notice." She says the last part mostly so the goblin woman can be put at ease. Of course she'd also jump in if the little angels decide to go overboard, which is what she thinks is more likely.

"Yaaay!" Asher declares, because Ruth is vouching for them!
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-06-05 at 02:16 PM.
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

[Angel Children]

Reelshka... does not look as mollified by Maltrika calming down as Asher might have hoped. While the baby does stop crying and nestles comfortably in her mother's arms, Reelshka's ears point upwards in a warning gesture.

"I appreciate you were trying to help, Asher, but please don't use magic on small children without asking." Her tone is stern and allows little space for an argument. "Now then." She turns to Ruth. "There's... clearly a lot here I didn't know about. If you'll vouch that it's safe and will look after them, then perhaps I shouldn't stop them. But it is hard for me not to think of it as two children heading out into danger, you understand."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Angel Children

"We're not just children!" Eao says again. This time her adult appearance supports her claim. "I'm just a couple weeks old, but I'm fully grown!"

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

[Angel Children]

Her tone doesn't stop Asher from trying. "It's holy energy, like white magic, but not! We use it to heal mortals, babies included, all the time! No ill effects whatsoever! Sorry, I can reverse the effect if you want!" That's what she wants, right?

It takes Ruth raising a hand to stop him to keep him quiet. "I was jus-" "I know, young one." But Reelshka doesn't, which is what Ruth leaves unsaid.

Ruth walks up to her friend, glad that Asher's said nothing and is trusting her to handle things. "I understand. Asher sees you as his mortal mother, you know? Please don't be angry with him, he wouldn't have done what he did if there was the smallest chance it would have an ill effect." She understands, for she's Asher's caretaker, and knows how she'd react if her young one got in over his head. "But I have been a little angel too, a long time ago. I have cared for Asher for 7 years and will care for him for 28 more years. He is my responsibility, and I would not be vouching for him if I didn't know of his capabilities, or plan on watching over him and intervening if necessary. Didn't he already tell you? We're linked as angels, we know where the other is at all times."

Then she humbly bows her head once before Reelshka. "If you don't believe in them, at least believe in me, dear friend."
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-06-06 at 01:46 AM.
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

[Angel Children]

Reelshka was gong to explain to Asher why she protested, but it seems Ruth took care of that. Best not to press the issue right now.

"I do trust you, so if you say it's safe, I'll accept it," she simply says.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Angel Children

Eao looks relieved, although it's not like Reelshka could have stopped her if she tried to go. "Let's go! You know where their base is, right?" She asks Asher.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

[Angel Children]

"Yaaay!" Asher starts to try and glomp Reelshka, but then remembers he's no longer little. So he simply bows towards her. "Thank you, Reelshka!" He turns to Eao and nods. "Yes, it's in outside! Let's go now! Bye Reelshka, bye Maltrika!"

"I'll remain here, but with my eye is on you, as always. Keep me posted, young one." Ruth says to Asher, who nods. "I will!"

"You must have questions." Ruth says to Reelshka, once they've left. Or maybe she just needs time to process all she's learnt.

((Post outside, bc? send link via discord pls))
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

Daycare
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    After a moment of hesitating, Torry waves at Andy as well.
    "Are there, uh, never mind."

Imagine having clothes that aren't waterproof.
    Shan accepts help climbing up, although they don't really need it.
    They linger a bit at the top to ask "Why are you scared of it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Are there what? Now I'm curious." Edward smiles at Torry, curious and a little uncomfortable- whilst he's willing to help GLoG out however he can, he was... kinda hoping it'd be building things. Like the toy he was carving when Karl approached him with the children in tow.

"Well, um, I can't actually swim. I get worried that I might drown, and that would not be pleasant." It's quite a stupid fear, and Anflaed knows it is, but that doesn't stop her being afraid of it. She was scared of heights, too, but that changed when she agreed to glide to GLoG from Skyside to escape slavery.
    "I was going to ask about this place in general." Torry says, not actually asking.

Shan shakes their head. That's not a stupid fear at all. "Everyone should learn to swim. Water is really dangerous if you don't, even here where the water is soft." And with that, they zip down the slide again.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

[Angel Children]

Reelska sighs as Maltrika makes a noise and grabs at her mother's clothes.

"It's clear that angels are more different from us than I thought," she says. "All this time, I thought Asher was... a child, like Tuskfang, just with a different process of growing up."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Daycare

"Well, you can. But until and unless you do, I won't know how exactly to answer." Edward smiles, but doesn't give much information. He's not sure what exactly Torry wants to know, and could just explain everything he knows, but he's not been here long and wouldn't feel comfortable doing that.

Hopefully Torry isn't weakened by the act of asking questions or something. Given their sibling's unusual nature, it seems possible- to me, if not Edward.

"I know, and I will. Learning how to swim didn't come up much where I grew up, and wasn't easily possible for those like me." A poor factory labourer on the lowest income just about imaginable, in a flying city that probably can't afford to be too frivolous with its water, given the fact that it can't easily be piped in from a river, well or aquifer.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

[Angel Children]

"He is a child, just not in the manner to which you're accustomed. You also thought I was his mother, who gave birth to him, correct? But then, he calls me his 'momma' in public, and I saw no reason to correct that assumption... until now, that is." Ruth smiles and starts to explain. "All angels are spawned from the Tree of Life every 3 millennia, fully grown in appearance. The child Asher you've come to know and love is an angel taking on the appearance of his mental age, which happens to young angels when they veil themselves fully. I was the last spawn, and so I am his caretaker and parent-figure. So yes, he is a child by angel standards."

After a pause, she adds. "Before you ask, no I'm not really female. Gender does not apply to angels."
    Love is the message.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

[Angel Children]

Reelshka's ears move up and down during the explanation. A sign of some confusion and uncertainty.

"Yes, that does explain some things. I'd like to say I'll treat him as I always have. If he's still a child at heart, that should make it easier. Do angels this young normally take on a child's shape, or is Asher just doing it because of the other children?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

[Angel Children]

Ruth is happy to hear that. "Please, do. I hope also, that you will treat me as you always have. We may be different, but you are still my friend." At her question, she replies with a small grin. "A mix of both. Young angels tend to take on the appearance of children when veiled. He's a couple of years older than Tuskfang however, but is choosing to mirror his aging pattern."

"I suppose I should tell you our real reason for being here, besides it being an opportunity for Asher to mingle and learn to be with mortals." She turns to look in the distance, like she's tracking Asher's position, which she is. "Some from the world we watch over have made it here. We serve as their distant guardians from the more evil elements that have made it here, as well. They haven't made an overt move yet, but it is only a matter of time."
    Love is the message.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

[Angel Children]

"I'm glad. Tuskfang is very happy to have him as a friend." And being friends with a variety of people, including dryad-deer and angels, will make it easier for him to grow up with his rather unique heritage. "And that's... concerning. But the Nexus has never had a shortage of evil people from all over. We'll hope Vigil and the authorities can deal with them and focus on helping the victims."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

[Angel Children]

"As is Asher. He loves that boy like a brother." Ruth steps forward to hug her friend with one hand from the side. "We'd appreciate the help dealing with the bodies they possess. They are spirit beings like us, you see, but can't manifest in the physical, resorting to possession." She looks down at Maltrika and makes those funny noises that babies like.
    Love is the message.

20. - Top - End - #20

Daycare
    "Well, you can. But until and unless you do, I won't know how exactly to answer." Edward smiles, but doesn't give much information. He's not sure what exactly Torry wants to know, and could just explain everything he knows, but he's not been here long and wouldn't feel comfortable doing that.

Hopefully Torry isn't weakened by the act of asking questions or something. Given their sibling's unusual nature, it seems possible- to me, if not Edward.

"I know, and I will. Learning how to swim didn't come up much where I grew up, and wasn't easily possible for those like me." A poor factory labourer on the lowest income just about imaginable, in a flying city that probably can't afford to be too frivolous with its water, given the fact that it can't easily be piped in from a river, well or aquifer.
    No, Torry isn't allergic to speaking questions or anything. He's just awkward.
    "Okay." He'll need to think of the right question.

Swimming is surely much more of a luxury in Skyside.
    Shan nods. "Good. Don't wait too long, though."
    "..."
    "What does 'those like you' mean?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

[Angel Children]

Maltrika gives Rutha wolfy grin in response. Reelshka smiles.

"I think the only two people here in the camp who know much about it are Pathfinder and Sophie. Though I think the spirits Pathfinder deals with may be too different."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Daycare

"I grew up in Skyside. My parents weren't quite Groundtown level poor, but... they weren't far off it. Growing up, there was enough water to drink, but not much else. Certainly not enough to learn how to swim in. Not unless you're super rich and own one of the most expensive houses in the city. They have pools and large bathrooms and unrationed water supplies." Those in Groundtown have more water, but they also have to deal with the city overhead throwing its rubbish in the water supply and most of the filters and purifiers are on Skyside proper. Possibly hanging underneath the city, to take up less space and make it easier to dump the waste filtered out.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

[Angel Children]

"Highly likely. These aren't mere spirits, these are thankfully depowered fallen angels." Ruth says, booping Maltrika's snout whilst moving on to more mundane matters. "Speaking of, it has been a while since I last saw Pathfinder." So long even I am unsure if it actually happened. "How is he?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-06-10 at 01:20 AM.
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

[Angel Children]

Maltrika giggles and clumsily tries to grab Ruth's finger.

"Pathfinder is well. Raising three children is keeping us both busy. But I couldn't have found a better partner to share it with. Tuskfang is reaching the age where children ask a great many questions. Between the two of us we can answer most of them. Growing up a child of a Wolfen shaman and a goblin architect is... a unique childhood."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

[Angel Children]

Ruth offers her finger, knowing that babies like Maltrika automatically hold whatever is in their palms tight. She likes the feeling (as do I). "You know you can call on me if you need any help... though I'll recommend Zara as well, she is good with children and has had a lot of practice babysitting."
    Love is the message.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Woods]

"Then it sounds an awful lot like it's your fault for sending a combat drone to a sciency thing, not the well's, isn't it?" Domhnall remarks. That sounds pretty irresponsible, if the well is important but you send a bloodthirsty monster that tends to destroy things if it gets attacked, which you admit is often.
    He also takes a step or two back. There's definitely something out here, and if it's coming to finish its job he doesn't want to be next to it when it happens.
    [Woods]

"Listen closer, young man. You'll learn more." Jall replies, falling into a sort of a lecturing mode. "For instance that I said that I didn't consider it unreasonable for anyone seeing this thing to attack it. My annoyance is rather that I'm forced to work with equipment like this in the first place. Especially as there is far more advanced-"

"Halt! In the name of Elune!" A voice calls from behind Domhall.

Jalt pauses. "This sounds oddly familiar..."

If Domhall turns around he will see a tall purple woman in red patched up clothes standing in the middle of the pool pointing right at them. As he looks her way she dramatically tosses her hair back and strikes a pose. "Justice is here, demon! Prepare to meet your fate!"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

[Woods]

Domhnall looks between the possessed drone and the purple woman.
    "I have no idea what's going on or who any of you are." he sighs, hanging his head. Why can't any of this make sense?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground

[headed towards the infirmary]

Carlie, a bunnygirl who is several months pregnant, wanders off the train and to the GLoG campground, headed towards the infirmary. It was actually a pretty easy decision to go here: there's only really three places that have decent infirmaries or clinics that she knows. AM is off-limits for obvious reasons. HALO - if she goes there in this state, she'd probably get her boyfriend really worried and she'd be banned from leaving that place alone, forever. GLoG, on the other hand, is actually pretty decent. In spite of the ghosts trying to murder her the last time she stayed overnight at the infirmary, and in spite of holding one of the kids here hostage in an effort to make the ghosts back off, she had a good experience here. And besides, there is a zero percent chance of her being recognized, so she's pretty sure the ghosts won't try to murder her this time.

In other words, it's obvious that she should come here.

Carlie looks basically like she came straight out of a horror movie.
    First, there's her clothes: her top - and the corresponding skin beneath it - has been punctured by several blades (though, luckily, the bleeding has slowed). Her skirt is missing entirely. Her left eye looks like it has been severely injured and then partially healed so that it has healed in a disfunctional state.
    And then there's her neck.
    If you didn't know better, you'd think that she was decapitated and then her head was put back on - correctly, but it hasn't healed yet; it really stained her shirt so it's not really a great sight.

She's also walking like she has severe cramps. But that's probably not serious at all, compared to everything else.

Luckily, she knows straight where the infirmary is, so there's no need for her to wander all around and scare people.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #29

Daycare

"I grew up in Skyside. My parents weren't quite Groundtown level poor, but... they weren't far off it. Growing up, there was enough water to drink, but not much else. Certainly not enough to learn how to swim in. Not unless you're super rich and own one of the most expensive houses in the city. They have pools and large bathrooms and unrationed water supplies." Those in Groundtown have more water, but they also have to deal with the city overhead throwing its rubbish in the water supply and most of the filters and purifiers are on Skyside proper. Possibly hanging underneath the city, to take up less space and make it easier to dump the waste filtered out.
    "What is this place for?" Torry finally asks.

"Torry's home doesn't have much water either. But we can go to the ocean at least. You haven't ever been to the ocean." Shan speculates.
    "I grew up in a lot of different places. None of them were Skyside."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Daycare

"Helping those that need help, sheltering those that need shelter, protecting those that can't protect themselves. Why? What did you think it was for?" Edward is curious as to how Torry answers.

"No, I haven't been to the ocean. I could see it, sometimes, from the edge of the city. Skyside is... it's a harsh place to grow up, unless you're at the top of the social ladder. I don't know anyone who was that lucky." Even for someone as unusual as Shan, it would not be pleasant. Possibly more unpleasant, since there would be crazy scientists and evil biologists interested in capturing Shan for experiments or vivisection.