New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 93: Something something something babies

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

"Ah, hmm!" Zara nods to herself as she makes sense of the toddlers' babbling. "Show us one adventure, then!" She decides, nodding at her own idea.

"It takes less time the more you learn it, Tusky's mind'll get used to it." She reassures him. "We can start with your assignment, by the time we're done, Tusky will know all the patterns in Maths! Maths is all patterns, much like hunting treasure." Hopefully she's still explaining at a level that he'll understand.

Since both of these things can be done off-screen, this might be a good place to end, or timeskip.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Something Something Something Cubs]

Not...

Not a huge fan of puns?

C'mon, Sekhmet, you could be the princess of puns if only you embraced the title!

Now, mind, Geneva doesn't know a great deal about princesses. Though she DOES know someone who knows a decent amount about being a princess.

She looks thoughtful here for a moment or two.

"I have a, well, a friend is as good a term as any. I have a friend who knows about being a princess. But I would have to rouse her. She's been through quite a bit," Geneva explains as she reaches into a pocket and withdraws-!

A tiny purple statue of a winged unicorn?

"I think she had it thrust on her pretty suddenly, too," Geneva says, running a finger along the head of the little figurine. There's something odd about it. How perfect and pristine it is.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Troll in the Playground

Something Something Something Cubs

"Uh..." That's a statue. Of course, Sekhmet's seen weirder things than a talking statue. It's a bit more weird that Geneva would carry her "friend" with her. "That's your friend? Uh, is she always a statue?" Sekhmet is mildly curious about the princess thing, but also reluctant. She's already said she doesn't want to be a princess! She just wants to have a normal life with Prumathe.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #964
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

It is getting harder and harder to maintain awareness.
    In more lucid moments, she imagines this is a side effect of extended separation from a true body, of being a disconnected soul tethered to a static prison. It's a mildly interesting phenomenon, from an academic standpoint, if one were inclined to poke around in the science of necromancy. (She isn't.)

Her soul itself doesn't appear to fading, as best she can tell. The curse of her prison likely doesn't allow that. Just her greater awareness of the world.
    A positive of the condition is that it's very difficult to be concerned about it for any length of time.

Today we have another rare return to awareness, alongside the vague feeling of disorientation and confusion that accompanies it.
    Geneva...hello again. Is everything alright?
    She tries not to sound as weary and distant as she feels; that's not fair for a friend who may need help with their own problems.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

5. - Top - End - #965

"She wasn't always a statue, but she is now," Geneva explains. "It's a complicated and very sad story. It's probably possible to construct a body for her but that would require research into necromancy which I'm deeply uncomfortable with. She is, too. And I want to respect her wishes in that regard."

No one should research necromancy.

It is a vile and dark art.

The idea that some knowledge could be inherently bad is a concept that Geneva was initially skeptical of, but with what little she's learned about the dark arts she has concluded that such knowledge is alluring due to the power it offers and ruinous in its results regardless of the ends it is applied to.

Nothing good can come of it.

Then?

The impression of words.

A smile spreads on Geneva's face.

"Hello Twilight. Yes, everything is fine. My friend Sekhmet-" Geneva makes a gesture toward her friend that Twilight may or may not be able to see. "-found out recently that shes a princess. Now she's struggling with what that means and trying to balance the potential responsibilities with a desire to lead a normal life. I was hoping you might be able to offer some insight or advice."

Who better to ask about princess things than a princess?

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

Sekhmet smiles sheepishly at the statue. She's not sure if it can see or hear her. Something about what Geneva said tickles at the back of her mind though. She's possessed other bodies before. Maybe she could help someone else to do it? Regardless, it's probably a feat within her power, but beyond her technical skill. She needs to practice her magic more, especially where it comes to expanding her repertoire of powers. This shapeshifting practice showed her that.

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #967
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Not a world shattering problem, then. That's good. No wait, that's a bad line of thought. It's a problem for a friend, so it's still important.
    Even thinking otherwise immediately made thinking...harder.
    Her attachment had already started to slip with the severity of the situation. Another mildly interesting detail for her hazy list of symptoms.
    She notes down a possible hypothesis around "engagement and force of personality".

This hypothesis is tucked away somewhere alongside nostalgic half-memories of a better time where problem's like Sekhmet's would have seemed a genuine form of desperate.
    A better, kinder time.

She lacks the energy to feel sad about that.

The figure in the back of Geneva's mind wears a small smile and hoofs a pair of glasses over crinkled eyes, a distinctly teacherly look.
    Well, I did have to live my share of that problem. Hmm, speaking practically, this depends on what precisely her expected duties as a princess actually are. If it's a figurehead position, I would theorize she could simply go about her life with the relevant amount of decorum and such. If she's expected to actually rule...
    This is the harder question. The Princesses of old, in her youth, they did not have much of a casual social life when push came to shove. They would on occasion having outings and brief breaks, but at the end of the day their obligations to the throne were always where their priorities came to rest.
    Maybe a side effect of age and territory. Her sister had a more casual reign, but a smaller kingdom and helpful geopolitical neighbors.
    She herself...perhaps not a good example, at the end.
    My own position was maybe not the most broadly applicable. I had a large amount of freedom from the granular aspects of rule and some very special friends to help with the bigger problems.
    Friends can help make an burden lighter and will come highly recommended by me.

These are still largely vague thoughts, and in her position she would want a straight answer.

A practical answer.

A dry erase board appears next to the mental figure, upon with a pyramidal structure is drawn with a series of expanding downward boxes.
    Has she considered establishing a largely self-sufficient governmental structure that can handle the day-to-day affairs of her kingdom, leaving her free to be out and about most of the time? Ministers and lesser nobles to handle the general duties of leadership and the like.
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #968

It's a strange position, isn't it?

Geneva isn't sure if Twilight can hear Sekhmet. Sometimes it seems like she's aware of things beyond Geneva's mind. Sometimes it appears as though she isn't. But whatever the case, Geneva values the input of her friend into this very serious, very important problem. It's world-shaking for Sekhmet, certainly.

"Twilight brought up an important point. Whether you're expecting or expected or even required to rule in some capacity. If there's no expectation, if your position is one of a figure head, then you would just need to adopt a more royal decorum. That's about how your present yourself as a princess to others. If you are expected to rule in some capacity then there's always the option to set up a system of vassals and nobles who answer to you. I know your mother's queendom isn't exactly nice-"

That's an understatement.

"-but do you know anyone from there that you would be able to trust with delegations of authority?"

Rose, maybe?

"Oh, and if you have any thoughts or questions feel free to relay them. I'm not sure if Twilight is getting any auditory input today but I can relay them if nothing else."

Then?

She smiles down at the little statue.

"Thanks for the help. I know waking up is hard sometimes."

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

Sekhmet regretfully shakes her head. "I'd, uh, be expected to do some ruling. But, uh, there's no one there I could trust. Uh, there is one. But my mother, uh, wouldn't approve of her. I don't think my mother would let me change, uh, the rules." As long as Sapphira remains on the throne, Sekhmet doesn't really have the freedom to set up any sort of new government.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #970
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

This is something that used to come easy, just a natural part of this peculiar bonding process that has linked Geneva and the statuette together.
    Now there's effort involved for the little purple princess to sense the world around them. Some effort that pays dividends about halfway through Sekhmet's statement about the situation.

Of course, Geneva. Anything for a friend, right?
    A tired and friendly smile is there for Geneva's mindscape at the expression of gratitude, before concern takes it.
    Visions of past mistakes and troubled leaderships comes to her in light of the implications she's getting in this situation.

The subsequent comment here is cautious in tone, looking to not offend someone who can't even hear her.
    A frowny face with fangs and a crown over a malformed horn is doodled on the board, with a question mark.
    Is this an, um...evil queen sort of situation? I think that kind of shifts the equation away from pragmatic duty to moral ethics. Running away might be valid?
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #971

Geneva would be concerned if she were aware that Twilight is having increasing troubles. Her friend gradually falling into an inert state is definitely cause for worry.

Anything for a friend.

"Well, we would just have to defeat your mother is all," Geneva says with a firm nod.

Oh yeah.

That's all.

"But barring that, Twilight is suggesting that if this is an evil queen scenario, which I feel is a sound enough assessment of your mother, then abdicating is always an option too," Geneva offers. "But one way or the other, I think you're going to have an important part to play. What was your piece on the game board called again?"

Something walker?

Geneva is having trouble recalling.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't have a choice. It's written into my Name. I can't stop being Kodira Myn-Erl." Sekhmet shudders when Geneva brings up the game board again. Just another grim reminder that her fate is not her own. "It's just the Walker. Because it can move between all three worlds." Not that Sekhmet's ever tried to enter Heaven. The only time she's been there, she didn't intend it. And she barely remembers that. It's all a blur.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #973
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

That's probably exactly why she isn't telling Geneva about the issue. There's already a problem on hand, it wouldn't be fair to toss on another.

The deepening complication of the situation is intriguing, however, so such concerns aren't in her mental friend's mind either.
    Instead, that marker is doodling some seemingly nonsense shorthand notes next to the evil queen picture, while the mare herself buries her head in a notebook.
    Evil Queen and a Curse scenario then, or close enough to one. Hrm... Okay, running away doesn't really do much there. Is this Name a metaphysical trait one is born into, or one that is gifted or afflicted later on? The latter lends potential to defeating the source of it and making an out, but the former is a little more ironclad. Still room for defeating the Evil Queen maybe, and establishing a coup-based governmental reform...though we'd still need a base of supporters and a running model of the current system to anticipate ripple effects...also need more details on said Evil Queen for actual overthrow planning...

She begins muttering to herself more and more, leaving more of those shorthand notes as she goes.

After a few moments of this, she and the shorthand notation freeze, a sort of haunted look coming over her.
    No sorry, we don't...have to go straight to violence. Maybe. Ridiculous.
    The war left her with a uncomfortable first reaction to this sort of problem, and she quickly reminds herself where that ended up leaving everyone.
    Is redemption an option on the table?
    Absentee Spirit

14. - Top - End - #974

"So abdicating isn't an option," Geneva replies, pondering the issue. "Maybe-"

Gilda makes a plaintive noise and butts her head against Geneva's leg. That gets the little griffin scooped up and her fur ruffled. She protests by wriggling mightily.

"Maybe... Your mother used to be good, right? A long time ago? Do you think there might be a way to bring out that goodness in her again?"

Geneva is skeptical.

Sapphira seems like a REALLY bad character.

But...

Has anyone ever TRIED to pull her back to goodness before?

Geneva honestly doesn't know.

"And I think the Name is something they're born with. Like a pony's special talent. Except instead of manifesting as they discover themselves it's just sort of... there,"
    Geneva informs the statue before glancing up at Sekhmet. "Right?"

15. - Top - End - #975
    Troll in the Playground

"Uh..." That seems like a very hard question. "I don't know. I don't even know if the Angel of Mercy is still in there. She's so far gone..." Sekhmet seems sad. "I wish I could've met her before. But that was millennia before I was born. Then maybe I'd know if she could be saved." Sekhmet looks at the cute griffin-cubs running around. Then she tries to grab whichever one is (un?)fortunate enough to be within arms reach and hold them. It's comforting. "Uh, I think that's right. I was born with my Name, and it defines, uh, who I am, I think?"

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #976
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Gilda is an unknown here, one that has moved into her awareness only now that Geneva has picked her up.
    The whiteboard acquires a little baby griffin doodle with a question mark next to it.

Mention of prior goodness and this "Angel of Mercy" title is something for the trapped soul to latch onto here, perhaps a little too hopefully.
    If there's even a kernel of of goodness left in there, they would deserve the opportunity to have it freed. If a being at the scale of the literal embodiment of Chaos can be brought to the side of good, why not a fiendish queen?
    It seems a logical slam dunk to her. Previously being an angel(?) seems like bonus winning points.

A few more things are doodled on the notably expanding whiteboard. A pronged stick, a book, a rather grumpy looking centaur, a potion, and an error over towards a pony flank with a question mark.
    It could also be worth exploring exactly how similar this Name concept is to pony talents. There's quite a few methodologies to manipulating those. Though I will admit most of them are...unreliable at best, highly dangerous at worst, it could theoretically be better than being shackled to what sounds similar to a fate in Tartarus.
    Absentee Spirit

17. - Top - End - #977

Gilda, Gwen, Glory, and Gabriel. Two griffin cubs and two hippogriffs, all scampering around nearby and pouncing at butterflies.

That last name is likely most familiar.

It was the name of Geneva's brother.

Nick and Geneva have acquired children. Thankfully it isn't quite as bad as dealing with a unicorn foal.

Sekhmet, meanwhile, manages to catch Gwen, who had been hiding behind Geneva earlier. But now she is betrayed! The little hippogriff begins making distressed mewling noises, reaching toward Geneva and (thankfully) not biting Sekhmet. She is squirming around quite a bit, thankfully. Geneva (who is definitely a hippogriff and not anything else) makes a very bird-like clucking noise back at the cub, who seems to calm down a bit at the reassuring noise. This is shortly followed by Sekhmet getting a skeptical look from Gwen.

She's on to you, Sekhmet!

You better not try anything shifty!

"I'm not sure what trying to redeem your mother would entail, but I think we owe it to who she was to at least explore that option,"
    Geneva suggests. "And the Name, you think you were born with it. But you're not completely certain? There were some ways to alter an equestrian's Special Talent, but most of that was lost spellwork and alchemy. I wonder if it's possible to change someone's Name? If that WERE possible it would completely undermine your mother's interest in you, wouldn't it?"

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

Oh come on, Gwen. It's not that bad. Sekhmet gently strokes the griff-cub. The fiendling is much warmer than a normal person. But her face betrays just how uncomfortable she is with the direction this conversation is going. "Even if, uh, that, uh, were possible, uh, it would be very bad. If you changed my Name, I, uh, wouldn't be the same person anymore. I might not even, uh, be recognizable." She sighs. "Even if you could do it safely, it wouldn't work. There's a prophecy."

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #979
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

The things one misses when you're trapped in a figurine with scant awareness.
    On one hoof, disappointed that she's missed something this great, on the other very happy for Geneva. She deserved this, in this place far from the ruins of their home.

The warmth of secondhand joy filters through Geneva's mind.

To be addressed specifically later, though, if the soul's awareness is still there. There's an agenda to see to, and that's helping Sehkmet.
    Mention of a prophecy is immediately irksome, from the tickle of ancient memories, and there's a mental sigh.
    I used to not be much for prophecy, but the world has taken the time to repeatedly tell me I'm wrong. Fighting that usually only hurts more. It would probably work better for us to get the details of the prophecy and work with it, rather than against.
    Absentee Spirit

20. - Top - End - #980

Gwen is still pretty skeptical.

But...

Sekhmet IS warm.

And she's pretty good at petting.

So Gwen probably won't bite her.

Probably.

Geneva, meanwhile, gives a nod. "Knowing the details of the prophecy would probably help. Do you think you could share it with us?"

Hopefully it doesn't involve stars aiding in Sapphira's escape.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

"Uh, I have it written down." Sekhmet continues holding Gwen with one hand, and searches through her purse with the other until she finds her journal. Then, still trying not to drop the cub, she flips through the book until she is at the right page.
    "Sakiril-Ess, let your fate be known. You shall resist the Queen of Poison, but she shall have you in the end. Someone you do not know but who knows you well shall try to make amends to you. A serpent will be both boon and bane to your path. You shall find voice for the silenced and strength for the meek. What you seek you shall not find, and what you do not desire will be given to you. You shall inherit the throne of your mother and rule injustice forevermore. At your urging, mercy shall return to the house above, and a light restored shall be planted in the heavens."

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #982
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

...well the good news is that the back half of that prophecy already fits some broad goals. She gets to take over, leaving plenty of room for governmental readjustment, and "mercy returning to the house above" could be decently enough interpreted as a redemption arc for someone who used to be the Angel of Mercy. Maybe. Queen of Poison, is that the evil queen in question here, or someone else? Could just be a reference to the later line of taking the throne.
    If this is the framework of what we have to work with, it's not the worst I've ever seen. No mention of death or broken hearts.

The bits about serpents, amends, and seeking and not desiring is pretty unusable. I could probably creatively apply those three lines to anyone within fifty miles of here.

The mental dry erase board is wiped clean and written over with the prophecy, the middle lines being stricken out as unnecessary.
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Moonwell

Domhnall seems unsure of this. He trusts Pathfinder, but...
    ”I still dunno if we want anyone feeding that guy information. Dude was creepy. I don’t think we want to get involved in all this demon stuff.”
    Didn’t they sack a town a couple of years ago? And something about fighting in the ocean islands? Now that he’s had time to try and reeeeally remember the news he half paid attention to, it’s a bit alarming if the imps are just this demon guy’s second pitch.
    ”And wait a second Anika killed that drone under an hour ago how’d you get here so fast?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Moonwell]

There are no 'higher magics' at work here thankfully, simply imps. But there are actually a few more of them than they are able to see. Another group of three imps, dressed in the same kind of hardhats, are seemingly surveying the edges of the island. While they aren't using any magic their mere presence will likely stand out to the spirit.

Pathfinder will likely be able to confirm what the spirit sensed too as he can feel the scent of more imps in the air.

"I'm with Domhnall, you should have seen that 'drone' they had. It was this white super-creepy dog demon the size of a cat." Of course, this is only going to sound impressive to Anika. "Besides, since it's my well I get to decide what's gonna happen to it and I don't want some smelly imps hanging around it." The druid declares while crossing her arms over her chest.

The boss imp gestures wildly at Anika while looking to Sophie. "Are you hearing this? She's clearly just being impicst now." A beat. "As in, racist towards imps. I still don't even understand her claims on this place. At least I'm not saying that it belongs to us when its on your territory."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

[Moonwell]

"It is true that there's another side in this matter that we're not familiar with," Sophie says. "Would it be possible for us to speak with them? Or know more about them, at least?"
    Moonwell

It won't take long before the mischievous spirit animal returns and scampers up Pathfinder's body to chatter into his ear. "Seems like they're telling the truth as far as we can tell. There's a handful of others still scouting the isle, but that's all." Pathfinder reveals. Even so, he has to give a small shrug and gestures at the others while looking a bit apologetic towards the imps. "But, regardless of my personal findings, if they decide to outvote me, the matter is settled. I have been asked to craft protection for this Well, and I will do so no matter the method. Though I will at least suggest that it would be prudent to learn more." A thought occurs to him and he snorts, holding back a chuckle.

"Or, if all else fails, we could always hire lawyers."

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

Moonwell

"Wait, you don't even live here." Dom blinks in surprise to Anika.
    And hire what-now? Sounds intimidating.
    "I'm still not even clear on how you found out about the place. Did scary demon guy tell you about it? Because you seem to have gotten here awful fast." Dom's very much confused on how all of this works at the moment.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2021-05-07 at 06:39 AM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

25. - Top - End - #985
    Bugbear in the Playground

[]

Since Manja is nearing 9 months old, Harley decided Manja should probably get to know other places and people...and has decided that GLoG might be an okay place to bring the baby to every once in a while.

Carrying the baby, Harley cautiously steps across the GLoG border and then goes farther in.

Of course, she's a little apprehensive. Obviously. She still hasn't decided on what kind of apology letter would be best. She's a little worried the spirits here might suddenly decide to attack her again, which would be pretty bad with a baby tagging along. Not to mention, there's the worry that the situation here could possibly lead to Manja being dangerous to others, especially if she picks up on how Harley's feeling about this place. Her solution is to keep Manja facing away from her, looking at all the new environment here.
    Seems to be working so far.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Pixie in the Playground

[Babies' Day Out]

Zither, Mirai's wife, is also here for the same reason. In her case, the Nexus is where she grew up and she wanted to bring the baby over for the first time. The fact that Zara works in a place like GLoG made where to go a no-brainer too.

She's a tiefling with very pale skin, yellow eyes and short red hair, dressed in her husband's sweater with a grey tank top underneath, thigh-length khaki pants, leggings and shoes. Protruding from the base of her spine is a tail with the end split into three.

Her baby has black sclera like her dad, as well as his Afro-Japanese features and complexion. From her mum, she got the yellow eyes, sharp teeth and currently-hidden scales down her spine. She's a little younger than Manja by weeks, and is also busy looking around at all the new things, wide-eyed. She's wearing a cute yellow dress, and she's only just starting to grow hair.

Zara skips out of the daycare, having expected Zither. She hadn't expected Harley and Manja, however, and finds their presence even more welcome! "Hi, Orin!" She first plays with the dark-skinned baby, who smiles in recognition and makes baby noises of approval. Thankfully, the green-eyed Jewish girl deftly manages to avoid being bitten.

"And you! Welcome to GLoG, this one sees that you're headed to the Daycare! Thus, this one invites you in, along with Mrs Himura." She addresses Harley, beaming as usual. It's only then that she turns down to look at the little catgirl baby, no doubt already ogling this new person with the big smile and rather childish persona. "Hi, cutie... Aunt Zara'll take care of you!"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2021-05-18 at 07:59 PM.
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #987

Manja definitely does looks a little catgirl-like...her ears look that way, if you don't count the tricorn pink-tipped tassel-like things that are probably also maybe part of her ears too, or how her tail has the fluffiness of a fox's even though it can move like a cat's. And most catgirls' eyes probably aren't dimly glowing or a solid pink and so ominous-looking.
    Maybe she is a catgirl? Ears are probably the most visible defining trait of catgirls, anyway.

Manja looks over at the other baby and Zara. People are pretty interesting, after all.

"Hi," Harley says. She blinks. "Um, no, I just, uh...I mean...I'm just here to check it out. Y'know...in case I do have to leave her somewhere, because this is one of the places that, um, that someone recommended."
    She came here before fully thinking out why, exactly, she was going to come here or what she would do after getting here.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #988

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Moonwell

Domhnall seems unsure of this. He trusts Pathfinder, but...
    ”I still dunno if we want anyone feeding that guy information. Dude was creepy. I don’t think we want to get involved in all this demon stuff.”
    Didn’t they sack a town a couple of years ago? And something about fighting in the ocean islands? Now that he’s had time to try and reeeeally remember the news he half paid attention to, it’s a bit alarming if the imps are just this demon guy’s second pitch.
    ”And wait a second Anika killed that drone under an hour ago how’d you get here so fast?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Moonwell]

"It is true that there's another side in this matter that we're not familiar with," Sophie says. "Would it be possible for us to speak with them? Or know more about them, at least?"
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Moonwell

It won't take long before the mischievous spirit animal returns and scampers up Pathfinder's body to chatter into his ear. "Seems like they're telling the truth as far as we can tell. There's a handful of others still scouting the isle, but that's all." Pathfinder reveals. Even so, he has to give a small shrug and gestures at the others while looking a bit apologetic towards the imps. "But, regardless of my personal findings, if they decide to outvote me, the matter is settled. I have been asked to craft protection for this Well, and I will do so no matter the method. Though I will at least suggest that it would be prudent to learn more." A thought occurs to him and he snorts, holding back a chuckle.

"Or, if all else fails, we could always hire lawyers."
    Moonwell

Anika leans closer to Dom and whispers. "Don't worry, I'm just saying that to get them off your lawn."

But if she wanted to be subtle, the imp lord is sadly staring right at Domhnall at the moment. "Okay, first of all, calling someone 'creepy' is a pretty offensive. It makes me feel like you think you can call us whatever you like since you think we're 'demons' or whatever." Then the imp turns to Sophie. "Secondly, yeah. Of course they told us about this place and we gated in here to investigate it. It thought that was pretty clear already, so what about it?" He raises his hand. "Oh, and 'gated' means teleported, as in 'instant transportation'. That's how we got here so fast. I mean, how else would we have done it? But hey, if you like to speak to Jaccalish I can give you a direct line to them. They're probably pretty busy but they probably have a unit that could confirm my side of the story."

Finally, the imp turns to Pathfinder. "And please, don't involve any lawyers. We can take the clue that we're not wanted."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-05-20 at 04:26 AM.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

[Moonwell]

Sophie sighs deeply. The imps just keep trying to deflect.

"We can talk to this 'Jaccalish', but not here and not right now. Pathfinder can safeguard the well and then, if we decide it's safe, you can come back. There's still a lot that's unclear about it. Too much when we're talking about a well of magic power not far from a place filled with children."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Manja definitely does looks a little catgirl-like...her ears look that way, if you don't count the tricorn pink-tipped tassel-like things that are probably also maybe part of her ears too, or how her tail has the fluffiness of a fox's even though it can move like a cat's. And most catgirls' eyes probably aren't dimly glowing or a solid pink and so ominous-looking.
    Maybe she is a catgirl? Ears are probably the most visible defining trait of catgirls, anyway.

Manja looks over at the other baby and Zara. People are pretty interesting, after all.

"Hi," Harley says. She blinks. "Um, no, I just, uh...I mean...I'm just here to check it out. Y'know...in case I do have to leave her somewhere, because this is one of the places that, um, that someone recommended."
    She came here before fully thinking out why, exactly, she was going to come here or what she would do after getting here.
    [Babies' Meet]

Orin turns to look at Manja and her mother, especialy finding the baby interesting... and so they probably start to stare at eah other for the next few turns. For now, Orin has taken interest in the girl's ears, and would reach out to them if they got close.

Luckily for her, her mum's walked over to meet Harley and her baby, having noticed her own baby's interest. Unluckily for the grabby baby, she doesn't get close enough for her to grab those ears.

"Well, you've come to the right place, miss? What's your name, and your baby's name?" Zara asks, excitedly. She keeps her hands beyond reach of Manja, but stretches out one of her fingers to boop her nose. "Cute baby!"
    Love is the message.