New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Hawthorn Cabin

The door opens. Someone enters. She looks like she could be a witch. Red skin, six horns growing from her brow, black hair hanging down to her waist, glasses over eyes that are solid black, with neither sclera nor iris. A ball of flame drifts between her two largest horns, a pair of broad, batlike wings extend from her shoulders, and a barbed tail snakes along behind her. Ellie gets up to stand by her side. But she just looks shocked. There's an audible gasp as she realizes what sort of people her intruders are.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 93: Something something something babies

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Woods]

Domhnall nods. Easy enough.
    "Aye, sure. Right this way, lass. Good-bye sparky well." Dom leads Anika back towards the camp. It isn't a terribly distant walk, nor is it hot or cold enough for it to be unpleasant.
    [Woods]

"We'll be back soon, don't worry!" Anika tells the well as she waves good bye.
    As they head to GloG she idly considers if she could ride on Domhnall, but her conclusion is that she's probably too big for him and it would probably be demeaning and all that too.
    "Say, so who is this Sophie? Is she by any chance a... troll? They're a blue skinned people with giant tusks sticking out of their mouth." The druid acts as if she's holding a pair of invisible tusks near her mouth.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

[Woods => Sophie's Office]

Sophie is easily found, should Domhnall go looking for her. She's exiting her office, shortly after what appears to be a family of three lizardfolk, who appear distraught and emotional as they quickly depart from the campsite. Sophie simply looks collected and professional as she sits in front of the building and goes through her notes.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sophie's Office]

”Nope! Never met a talkin’ one of those.” Dom answers of Anika’s question. He waves to Sophie as he sees her.
    "Aye siwmae, Sophie! Turns out there's a magic well in our woods. This lady here is Anika, she wanted to talk to you about it. Anika, this is Sophie, our doctor for the mind and its troubles." he says, bowing to introduce them.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2020-10-02 at 03:04 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #335
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Sapling Cabin]

Tuskfang is sitting on a bench near the cabin, intently peering at a piece of paper and evidently waiting for someone. His pet crundle Hornclaw is milling about, climbing on things and perching on them to watch his surroundings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Sapling Cabin]

Jillian arrives here being sent off by Auntie Sakura from a short ways away. She approaches along with Lucy, her hand firmly gripping her friend's. But she lets Lucy lead the way. This is an unfamiliar place and she's meeting someone she doesn't know.
    [Sapling Cabin]

"Tuskfaaang!" Lucy calls out happily as she leads Jillian along. She holds the other little lady's hand tight. "We're heeere! Where-- oh! Tuskfang!" She practically bounces over to him, trailing petals and Jillian.

She forgets to introduce Jillian in favor of suddenly exclaiming with a gasp, "Oh, what is that?" She points at the crundle.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"Hi Lucy!" Tuskfang gets up briskly and his tail wags with excitement. He is likewise distracted when Lucy points out Hornclaw. "This is Hornclaw, my crundle! Isn't he cool?"

The critter in question is distracted from his attempts to climb up the cabin's wall and turns to the two girls. He's a... lizard-gremlin of some kind, with big eyes, a beak and long horns. He also clearly has claws, which have been clipped for safety. He makes a croaking sound in Lucy and Jillian's direction.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #337

[Woods => Sophie's Office]

Sophie is easily found, should Domhnall go looking for her. She's exiting her office, shortly after what appears to be a family of three lizardfolk, who appear distraught and emotional as they quickly depart from the campsite. Sophie simply looks collected and professional as she sits in front of the building and goes through her notes.
    [Sophie's Office]

”Nope! Never met a talkin’ one of those.” Dom answers of Anika’s question. He waves to Sophie as he sees her.
    "Aye siwmae, Sophie! Turns out there's a magic well in our woods. This lady here is Anika, she wanted to talk to you about it. Anika, this is Sophie, our doctor for the mind and its troubles." he says, bowing to introduce them.
    [Sophie's Office]

Anika scratches her head at Domhnall's answer. Not a troll, huh? Well, this was a different world so it made sense things were different here. "Yeah! Hi, Sophie! We need to protect that magic well from demons somehow and I figured that you, as a head doctor, might be able to help us with that." By discussing the demons personal problems with them!

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

[Sophie's Office]

Anika, hm? Must be the large druid from Vigil who turns into a bear. Sophie has heard of her, since she keeps far better tabs on who's who than you'd expect.

"A magic well in the woods? I was unaware of that. I don't know if a therapist is going to be of much help protecting it from anyone, though. What kind of well is it, exactly, and who are we protecting it from?"

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    The door opens. Someone enters. She looks like she could be a witch. Red skin, six horns growing from her brow, black hair hanging down to her waist, glasses over eyes that are solid black, with neither sclera nor iris. A ball of flame drifts between her two largest horns, a pair of broad, batlike wings extend from her shoulders, and a barbed tail snakes along behind her. Ellie gets up to stand by her side. But she just looks shocked. There's an audible gasp as she realizes what sort of people her intruders are.
    [Hawthorn Cabin]

The two kids stare at the witch as she enters. Lucy's eyes are wide and scared, Russell is tense and looks like he's ready to bolt. Neither are going to act first, though. They're frozen in place for the moment.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Default Hawthorn Cabin

The witch stares, dumbfounded. Ellie hadn't told her the intruders were kids! She's too bewildered to think straight as she begins her questions. "What are you doing here!? How did you get in? Her tail betrays her unease, although it might be interpreted as another emotion to those not familiar with her body language. Her wings are subconsciously unfurled, making her appear much larger than she really is. She's honestly just as scared as the kids are, although she doesn't show it as much.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entry / Main Building]
    A car rolls up to the main building. The driver gets out and comes around, opening the rear right door. The young man offers a hand to the figure inside as she maneuvers a cane---the sort with a forearm brace---out of the car and to the pavement. What steps out is a weathered-looking cat lady, her hair the mottled shades of a brown tabby and her ears notched. A scarred face smiles mildly as she limps out of the car in a plain skirt and a deep red shawl, pulling a modestly-sized duffel bag out with her. She presses a tip into the driver's hand with a murmur of thanks. As the car departs, the woman adjusts her somewhat clunky glasses and opens the main lodge door.

Today is a new day for a tired old monster.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Sophie's Office

"Apparently it's supposed to make things more magical. There was some kinda demon scouting it out. Don't know much about demons but it seemed like bad news."
    He doesn't think you need to be an expert to think that you don't want demons skulking around your backyard.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Hawthorn Cabin

The witch stares, dumbfounded. Ellie hadn't told her the intruders were kids! She's too bewildered to think straight as she begins her questions. "What are you doing here!? How did you get in? Her tail betrays her unease, although it might be interpreted as another emotion to those not familiar with her body language. Her wings are subconsciously unfurled, making her appear much larger than she really is. She's honestly just as scared as the kids are, although she doesn't show it as much.
    The kids look down, unable to meet her eyes. There's a pull between fear that this is a witch and shame that they got caught somewhere they weren't supposed to be. Like a switch was flipped, Lucy starts crying.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Default Hawthorn Cabin

Like another switch was flipped, when Lucy starts crying, the witch's composure breaks down. "No, no, don't cry. It's okay. I won't hurt you." She tries to give the little flowery girl a hug if she can. "Please, don't cry. It's okay. Please." She's practically begging Lucy to stop. Could crying be her one weakness? Or maybe she's just a nicer person than the kids thought.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

[Entry / Main Building]

The scarred catgirl will be met by a busy-looking goblin woman trying to catch up with an odd-looking child that vigorously toddles around. The kid looks like a wolf-person, but with oddly long ears, large cat-like eyes and a short muzzle. Her eyes are bright yellow and her fur is brown. She stops to look at the newcomer, which allows the goblin to catch up with her and grab her hand. Only then does she look up at the cat-lady.

"Oh. Hello. How can GLoG help you?"

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Building]
    She smiles to see the evident mother and child, waiting until the woman has secured the little one. "I heard this is a place where villains come to find redemption. I have... much to be redeemed from. I am Hysmine." Offering her free hand as she shifts the bag's strap onto her shoulder, she glances around the main lodge before her keen green eyes return to the goblin and... half-goblin, perhaps? That's neat.
    Last edited by Beans; 2020-10-04 at 06:24 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Sapling Cabin]

"Tuskfaaang!" Lucy calls out happily as she leads Jillian along. She holds the other little lady's hand tight. "We're heeere! Where-- oh! Tuskfang!" She practically bounces over to him, trailing petals and Jillian.

She forgets to introduce Jillian in favor of suddenly exclaiming with a gasp, "Oh, what is that?" She points at the crundle.
    [Sapling Cabin]

"Hi Lucy!" Tuskfang gets up briskly and his tail wags with excitement. He is likewise distracted when Lucy points out Hornclaw. "This is Hornclaw, my crundle! Isn't he cool?"

The critter in question is distracted from his attempts to climb up the cabin's wall and turns to the two girls. He's a... lizard-gremlin of some kind, with big eyes, a beak and long horns. He also clearly has claws, which have been clipped for safety. He makes a croaking sound in Lucy and Jillian's direction.
    [Sapling Cabin]

Jillian is pulled along with Lucy. With her free hand she holds up the hem of her skirt so she doesn't trip over it. Abd here is Lucy's friend she's been told about, and his... pet?" Jillian gives the crundle a somewhat perturbed look. What a weird looking pet.

But that aside, the girl whispers sharply. "Lucy." She's supposed to introduce her.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Halfling in the Playground

[Silly Cabin]

"Oh, I'm sorry, Jilli, I'm sorry!" She says, but she's giggling as she stamps her little shoes up and down. That promptly drops into a lackadaisical bow which throws Lucy's big mop of hair askew. "Sir-- ahum! Sir Tuskfang! This is Jillian Mittar, ladybug of Mitt-- Mithar Castle!" She stands up. Pauses. Does a long eye-blink. Oh, she forgot the second half! Auntie taught her how to do introductions. Kind of. "And Jillian this is Tuskfang. He's a wolfboy. It's pretty cool."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2020-10-04 at 06:38 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Sir Tuskfang? He's never been called that before. And why is Jillian a ladybug? Maybe she just likes being called that way. Tuskfang isn't really very familiar with formal manners, but his mom does raise him to be polite.

"Hi Jillian! I like your tail." It's red and has scales. "I'm a woblin. Because my dad's a Wolfen and my mom's a goblin."

[Main Building]

Reelshka shakes the cat-lady's hand. After a moment, her daughter also extends her little paw, looking up at the newcomer with large eyes.

"Helping people leave their past behind is part of what we do. It's not what I'm in charge of, but I can direct you to the right person. My name is Reelshka Trollfinger. This is my daughter Maltrika."

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Building]
    Hysmine shakes both offered hands in turn with a smile. "A pleasure to meet you both. I have a long road ahead, and a long one behind, but I hope I can finally do something of worth with my life." She glances around the lodge. "What a lovely place to better oneself---a campground opens the door to simplicity. I'm glad I at least can appreciate that now, better late than never." Her smile takes on a slightly rueful note for a moment as her ragged tabby ears flick once or twice. She shifts slightly on her cane, one boot moving a little---old and battered but probably once high-quality military boots, rather incongruous with her plain and unassuming clothing.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351

[Sophie's Office]

Anika, hm? Must be the large druid from Vigil who turns into a bear. Sophie has heard of her, since she keeps far better tabs on who's who than you'd expect.

"A magic well in the woods? I was unaware of that. I don't know if a therapist is going to be of much help protecting it from anyone, though. What kind of well is it, exactly, and who are we protecting it from?"
    Sophie's Office

"Apparently it's supposed to make things more magical. There was some kinda demon scouting it out. Don't know much about demons but it seemed like bad news."
    He doesn't think you need to be an expert to think that you don't want demons skulking around your backyard.
    [Sophie's Office]

"They're super-bad and turn everything they catch just as bad as themselves, with corruption and stuff. So if you see anything that's evil green you know..." Anika pauses, tapping her lip thoughtfully. "Actually, I got some visual aid for what you should look out for." At this point she hikes up her robe all the way up to her waist so they can see a green scar by her hip. "See? That's the color of demons. If anything is that color, they're corrupted or something."

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Building]

Reelshka's ears flick in thought. It's good that she likes it here, though she's not used to such effusive praise.

"I'm going to need your name and some information before directing you to our therapist. Just as soon as I get this little one to her father. You can walk with us if you like and see the campsite."

[Sophie's Office]

This does sound serious. Sophie doesn't think GLoG is terribly well-equipped to deal with any demons. The spirit charm should keep them out, but... hmm. She's not exactly a demon-slayer just yet herself. Not even with Corvus' training and her new shotgun. And... eww.

"I see. You should probably get this wound looked at in our infirmary. Demons getting access to a source of magic is not going to end well, so we'll have to find some way to protect it, however we can."

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Building]
    Hysmine nods, adjusting her grip on her cane. "Getting familiar with the area will be good, yes." As they turn to the door, she glances at the child. "Not to pry, but if you'll indulge my curiosity---is she a hybrid? I'm less familiar with how a lot of things work around these parts, but it appears that there's quite a lot of children of multiple species. I'm unused to seeing that outside my own type, and even then I suspect the context is usually rather different."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Building]

"She is, yes. Her father is a Wolfen. That means a wolf-like person."

"'M a woblin!" the little girl declares with a giggle.

"That's the name my niece came up with when my older son was born," Reelshka explains with a smile.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Building]
    She smiles at the mother and child. "Where I came from, it was really just humans and a few hybrids put together in labs, yours truly included. Test-tube cat- and canid-folk." She adjusts the strap of her bag again, shifting her shoulders with the more comfortably-distributed load. "Is the variety of recovering ill-doers here similar in its breadth? Supervillains and wizards and the like?"
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Like another switch was flipped, when Lucy starts crying, the witch's composure breaks down. "No, no, don't cry. It's okay. I won't hurt you." She tries to give the little flowery girl a hug if she can. "Please, don't cry. It's okay. Please." She's practically begging Lucy to stop. Could crying be her one weakness? Or maybe she's just a nicer person than the kids thought.
    [Hawthorn Cabin]

Well that's surprising. Reassuring words and a hug was not what Lucy was expecting. She just kinda freezes for a moment. Um... "You're not gonna bake us into a pie?" She asks tentatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Silly Cabin]

"Oh, I'm sorry, Jilli, I'm sorry!" She says, but she's giggling as she stamps her little shoes up and down. That promptly drops into a lackadaisical bow which throws Lucy's big mop of hair askew. "Sir-- ahum! Sir Tuskfang! This is Jillian Mittar, ladybug of Mitt-- Mithar Castle!" She stands up. Pauses. Does a long eye-blink. Oh, she forgot the second half! Auntie taught her how to do introductions. Kind of. "And Jillian this is Tuskfang. He's a wolfboy. It's pretty cool."
    [Sapling Cabin]

Sir Tuskfang? He's never been called that before. And why is Jillian a ladybug? Maybe she just likes being called that way. Tuskfang isn't really very familiar with formal manners, but his mom does raise him to be polite.

"Hi Jillian! I like your tail." It's red and has scales. "I'm a woblin. Because my dad's a Wolfen and my mom's a goblin."
    [Sapling Cabin]

"Um, thanks." Jillian frowns a little and shuffles her tail behind her body and out of sight. Then she bows deeply. "Nice to meet you, Tuskfang." She gives him a skeptical look. "Are you a lord?" She glances at Lucy for clarity as well.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Default Hawthorn Cabin

"What? No! Why would you think that?" Does she have that bad of a reputation, that even the children think she's a cannibalistic monster? She tries to laugh it off, but is still a bit uncomfortable. She had hoped that living here, her devilishness would not be such an issue. "I, uh, don't even know how to make pies." Trying to be calmer, and scratching Ellie's back for emotional support, the witch asks again. "Why, uh, why are you in my home?"

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Building => Grounds]

"To tell you the truth, we don't get many villains nowadays," Reelshka says as Maltrika starts swinging their linked hands together back and forth. "That was our original goal, but it had changed by the time I came here. Since then we've focused on charity. We'll still help you, of course. We don't turn anyone away. Our resident therapist is very good and can talk to you about your past."

29. - Top - End - #359

[Sophie's Office]

Anika pulls down her robe again. "Yeah! I figured that since you were a head doctor you could set up a ward or something to protect the well from them. I might even be able to help out somehow since I'm a druid and all." She nods eagerly despite the fact she would be more likely to ask her sister to help out with something like that.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Building => Grounds]
    She walks beside them, her cane adding to a sort of three-legged gait. "I'm glad to hear both---I'd be glad to have charity work to apply myself to, and..." She pauses, but replenishes her gentle smile. "... A good therapist will be greatly appreciated." She takes in the grounds as they go, sharp eyes drinking in details. It's so unlike where she once lived and transgressed, and she's glad of the contrast.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show