New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 93: Something something something babies

Arriving

There are about forty people, twenty-five women and thirteen men, plus Prumathe, Sekhmet, a large snake with a human head and two tails, a half-drow captive and Samantha the brownie, who is hard to see- she appears most often as movement in the corner of the eye, and it's difficult to look straight at her. The ex-slaves are mostly wearing ragged old clothing, and several are bearing injuries. Nothing too serious, but certainly painful. Approximately half the slaves are human, the rest are a mix of goblins, halflings, gnomes, elves and dwarfs, with a few oddities- a white-skinned kor with long silver hair and quite unusually for her kind, no tattoos; an obese hobgoblin and a blue-skinned mudokon.

"We, uh, should let someone in charge know to get these guys settled. And figure out what to do with her." He nods at the half-drow, standing a short distance away and trying to look at everything she possibly can- if Sekhmet lets her.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Arriving

Sekhmet has the half-drow's actions pretty well controlled. She can move her eyes and mouth, and not much else. Sekhmet marches her to the gate and then leads the group to the main office. "We should, uh, probably talk to someone in charge."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Ironoak Cabin

”Oh, no problem, then. I’ll go get my sword!”
    Domhnall sticks some food in his mouth and goes trotting back to his cabin to dig through his things without waiting to see if Pathfinder meant after the meal or after the preparations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Ironoak Cabin]

"I'll have to go by my office before we leave too," Sophie says. "There's something I'll need in case of trouble."

Tuskfang, meanwhile, is looking strangely sullen. This looks like spirit stuff that his dad does and which interests him greatly. But it also looks like it'll be dangerous, so they probably won't let him come.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Ironoak Cabin

Tuskfang's disappointment is noted by his father, who reaches out to set a hand upon his shoulder. "Not much longer, I promise." He swears, giving the shoulder a squeeze. "Then I'll teach you more about it." He'll settle in and wait for Reelshka to arrive before filling her in. If she doesn't object, especially after nibbling some ears, he'll grab his belt of pouches, a pair of tomahawks, his flint dagger, and a cloak. The Wolfen is ready to depart whenever they're all ready and squared away.
    Ironoak Cabin

Anika looks to the others who suddenly seemed in such a hurry which in her mind meant she had to hurry along as well. "You think the demons already back?! Yikes, I got to hurry then! Meet me at the well, Domhnall can take you there!" With that she turns into a large red hawk and flies back towards the well.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Orc in the Playground

Arriving

"Maybe we should have told someone what we were planning on doing before we, um, actually did it." That would have probably been wise. The half-drow doesn't fight Sekhmet's control; she hasn't figured out how. Mostly the ex-captives will settle down here- including Nocri, who has come to the realisation that, by selling her, the Fairy Godfather has forgiven her remaining debt. Or at least acknowledged she can't pay it, which is basically the same thing. So she's much happier than she's been in a long time, without that worry over her head.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Arriving

"There wasn't enough time. We did what we had to," Sekhmet reassures Prumathe. She brings the controlled slaver over to her. "We need to deal with her now." She tries to flag down someone of authority to help with their captured slaver issue.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #546
    Orc in the Playground

Arriving

"Yes, we do. Hm. MERC might want her, they've got a no slavers policy. Intersection... Slavery's illegal in Inside, but she's not an Inside citizen, probably. There's nothing they could charge her with. Vigil are also anti-slavery. GLoG doesn't have anywhere to put her, I don't think." Prumathe's never noticed a jail about to put captive slavers in, so Vigil or Merc seem like the brighter ideas. Sekhmet also knows people in Vigil, but I don't think Prumathe knows that.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

[Arriving]

Reelshka arrives quickly after Prumathe and Sekhmet arrive with the slaves. She's quick to organize shelter and food for them, since that's what GLoG does on a regular basis. The rest of this situation is going to take some explaining.

"It seems you've had quite the adventure," the goblin woman says matter of factly. "I'm glad you brought people who need help to us, but there's clearly more to it." She waves her hand towards their captive.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Troll in the Playground

Arriving

"I, uh, have a friend in VIGIL. I can, uh, phone her." Sekhmet pulls out her cell phone. She begins dialing Geneva's number, but holds until Prumathe give approval. "If that doesn't work, uh, I'm sure MERC will take her." She gives the slaver a pointed look. How does she feel about being handed over to either of the two anti-slavery organizations? They won't be nearly as soft on her.

She looks to Reelshka for advice. "She, uh, followed us home." The prisoner doesn't have any visible restraints, but is standing stock-still, not moving except for her eyes. "What do you, uh, think we should do?"
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-11-10 at 06:31 PM.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #549
    Orc in the Playground

Arriving

"My sister, Nocri, was abducted by her loanshark and sold to pay off her debts. We, uh, rescued her. But had to do it quickly before the opportunity dried up. I'm sorry we couldn't warn you first, but... Time was important. We were told by Aethelflaed that if they had about sixty in the Groundtown warehouse, they'd ship them to Skyside for processing." And there's about forty ex-slaves present, so it was closer than Prumathe liked.

The half-drow doesn't seem very worried about being handed over to Merc or Vigil, but she looks with interest at Reelshka.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

[Arriving]

"That's... understandable, I suppose." Reelshka doesn't look pleased with the situation, but she does understand. She's simply a person who doesn't react well to being surprised. "Anyone rescued from the slave trade is to be treasured. And... is this person your prisoner? Are you controlling her somehow?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

Arriving

"Uh, just her body. She would have, uh, sounded the alarm. Sekhmet looks guilty. This goes against her principles, but it would have been a lot harder to get away otherwise. "She's, uh, threatened to report everything she's seen to, uh, the guild." Sekhmet understands that that means GLoG's defenses as well. She noticed how much the captured slaver was trying to observe.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #552
    Orc in the Playground

Arriving

Given that the half-drow doesn't have any special senses, she didn't see the ghost fence, nor any of the supernatural wards against intruders. Just the physical cactus fence that I think still exists.

"I could eat her. Would that make things easier?" The speaker is the large snake with the humanoid head and the twin tails, the first things it's said since it was freed from its cage.
    "It... would not, no." Prumathe thinks eating the half-drow would make things easier, but he doesn't want to watch. And also it's probably morally wrong, even if slavers are the lowest form of scum.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Hawthorn Cabin

"Was it?" Sekhmet sips her tea. She's very curious what the children think now that they actually have met her, and aren't working off rumor. Of course, their meeting with Ellie first probably didn't help things, but the alien beastie is currently lurking beneath the table and snarfing up crumbs of biscuit that Russel drops with a long tongue.
    [Hawthorn Cabin]

Lucy shakes her head. "Not really. It's kinda normal." Russell pokes Lucy's arm and the girls turns to him. "What?" He points at Ellie. "Oh yeah, she was scratching at the door and there was scratches on the floor and that was kinda scary."

14. - Top - End - #554
    Troll in the Playground

Hawthorn Cabin

"Ellie's a big softie. Most of the time, she's harmless. Right girl?" Sekhmet reaches under the table and gives Ellie a scratch. "She got worried because someone broke in and she didn't know who it was." Hopefully that's believable, because Ellie actually wanted to kill the intruders, but Sekhmet stopped her.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

[Arriving]

Reelshka's ears dip. This just got a lot more complicated.

"No one is going to be eaten, no. But neither can we let her get back to her superiors, for all kinds of reasons. And since we can't keep her here, we need to hand her over to someone."

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

Arriving

"Yes, we were, uh, just talking about it. Do we give her to VIGIL or to, uh, MERC?" Sekhmet is busy measuring the pros and cons of each approach. MERC is more actively opposed to slavers, but she knows people in VIGIL which might make some of the work easier for transferring the prisoner, and the VIGIL base is pretty secure and should be hard to escape.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #557
    Orc in the Playground

Arriving

"I think maybe Vigil? We won't have to pay them to take her off our hands, at least." And this soon after the wedding, Prumathe's finances are still a little tight. Paying MERC is a little outside his budget, unless they're cheaper than he thinks they are.

The refugees are splitting up a little, looking around and finding somewhere to stay. Samantha and Nocri who have been here before are acting as guides, and presumably some of the other inhabitants are helping.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

[Arriving]

Reelshka puts her hands on her hips.

"MERC has a grudge against slavers, that's true. Their leader... well, I know where he comes from and what they do to slavers down there. But that doesn't make MERC particularly trustworthy, so Vigil is probably a better option."

19. - Top - End - #559
    Troll in the Playground

Arriving

"I, uh, have a friend in VIGIL. Should I phone her?" Sekhmet is unsure of the procedures involved in transferring prisoners like this. Do they just go there and hand her over? Will she even be able to maintain her control that long?

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #560
    Halfling in the Playground

[Giant Slide]

Lucy probably fails to notice the arrow on the first ride down. The second time, however, she probably tries to drag Tuskfang along so they can 'double check', and there's good odds he or Jillian will notice by then. Even if she's the last to see, she'll probably be the first to shoot off that way.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #561
    Orc in the Playground

Arriving

"Yes, you call her. I'll keep her still whilst you do." Prumathe walks to the half-drow and grabs her around the middle, pinning her arms to her sides and lifting her effortlessly up. She can't struggle; he's boosting his strength and stamina so even if Sekhmet let go, unless she has some magical trick that could help, she's not going anywhere.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hawthorn Cabin]

Lucy glances under the table at Ellie. There's definitely some uncertainty there. She doesn't act like a normal animal from her perspective. Normal animals aren't so hostile. "We never broke in. The window was open." Lucy clarifies.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Giant Slide]

As it turns out, Lucy and Jillian's instinct to go down the giant slide first is correct, because while they're heading down, they might notice an arrow created out of rocks and pebbles on nearby sand, pointing towards the centre of the camp. Whether either of the two girls notice it quickly is another question. The arrow is difficult to notice from ground level (at least kid-sized ground level).
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Giant Slide]

Lucy probably fails to notice the arrow on the first ride down. The second time, however, she probably tries to drag Tuskfang along so they can 'double check', and there's good odds he or Jillian will notice by then. Even if she's the last to see, she'll probably be the first to shoot off that way.
    [Giant Slide]

Going down a slide is pretty distracting, on account of being very fun. However on her second trip to the top, when she's adjusting her skirt to sit down on the slide, Jillian notices the arrow. "Lucy look! There's a big arrow!" She points at it from atop the slide.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

Domhnall returns after a few minutes with a sword strapped on.
    ”Wait, where is everyone?” he asks Pathfinder.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

24. - Top - End - #564
    Troll in the Playground

Hawthorn Cabin

"Sure, sure." Sekhmet replies. Her tea is drained, a lot of biscuits are eaten, and everything else seems to be finishing up. "I should, uh, probably bring you two back to your mother, shouldn't I? She's probably worried by now." They've been gone for what, a half hour now?

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

[Giant Slide]

Tuskfang is on the bottom when Jillian calls out. He's not quite as excited to use the slide, since he sees it every day. He turns to look in that direction.

"It must only be visible from up there! That's clever. Where is it pointing?"

[Arriving]

Reelshka eyes the slaver. She doesn't like violence, even towards someone who has in all likelihood done worse to others. But there's no other option here for now.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

Arriving

Sekhmet spends a few minutes on the phone. "We can, uh, bring her over whenever. They'll, uh, have a cell ready for her." She looks around. "Do we, uh, have rope or, uh, handcuffs? Keeping her, uh, immobile is tiring." And Sekhmet's been doing it for quite a while now.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #567
    Orc in the Playground

Arriving

"Um, I don't have any, but I've got her for now if you need a break." Prumathe didn't think he'd need rope or handcuffs, ever. He doesn't own anything like that. Unfortunately, most of the ex-slaves also don't have anything like that either. None of them had bindings in the warehouse.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

[Arriving]

"We do have some rope. It's probably best if Vigil take her away soon. GLoG isn't a place for keeping prisoners," Reelshka says, her tone and expression still worried.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

Arriving (and probably leaving again soon)

The slaver should be summarily tied up. Now everyone should be ready to go to VIGIL. "Thanks for the help! Bye!" Sekhmet waves farewell to Reelshka.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #570
    Orc in the Playground

Arriving, And Leaving

The slaver doesn't resist being tied up, and they can leave. She's hoping to be a good girl and get... Maybe not rewarded, but lowered defences.