New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Daycare]

"I didn't know much about it. That's strange though. Is this place new?"
    After all, there must be people who need help sand shelter everywhere.

"Correct. It's good, though, the ocean. My second mother has a ship, so I see it a lot of the time."
    "Is it just luck who gets all the water in Skyside, then?"
    There's a gap in how they look at things.
    And yes, it would have been much harder living there.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-06-16 at 12:59 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 93: Something something something babies

Daycare

"No, it's not new. The Good League of Good has been around for a long time." Though he doesn't know exactly how long it's been around, since he doesn't know the history and GLoG's existence is something several groups in Skyside want to keep quiet.

"No, it's not luck. It's... power. The powerful get the water, and share it or sell it as they see fit. So those at the top, the business leaders, ganglords and old money nobles, they get most of the water as they have the money to get the most. They share it downwards, but generally only so much that those with less power are able to drink and stay healthy. I had very little power of any kind, so I got very little water." She dislikes the powerful, but can't bring herself to hate them. She's not met any of them, except her boss at the factory. And he was... reasonably kind.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

[EVENT: The Nexuswide Story]

Every character in the thread will (if their players allow it) suddenly know a story, or perhaps several versions of one story, as if they’ve learned of it long ago.
    Do you remember where you learned of Red Riding Hood, Snowwhite or Goldilocks for the first time? Since the characters won’t exactly remember where they learned of this story. Though the story and its many versions won’t only exist inside the characters heads as it's being added to storybooks and other media across the multiverse at the same time.
    It’s just a story however.It has no special mental influences or compulsions connected to it. The story just exists as a simple narrative within a characters memory and sometimes such a mundane thing can have the greatest effect.

Spoiler: The Story: Once upon a time...
    Show
    ...there was a king that ruled over the fairest of lands. There were many beasts and villains threatening the lands but he always managed to best them with the aid of his noble knights. But one day those who he had fought so hard to protect rebelled against him.
    They took his title, they took his crown and threw him out of the fairest of lands to be forgotten.
    But learning of the king’s banishment, the beasts saw their opportunity and attacked.
    Without their hero king the inhabitants of the fairest lands could not protect themselves and without his title and crown the king could not protect them.

Thus the king was forced to watch on his forgotten throne as the beasts rampaged through not only his former home but also the kingdoms outside the fairest of lands. The inhabitants fought valiantly but against the beast's sheer numbers they could not win.
    But finally the king had enough and dubbed new knights that would unite the kingdoms against the beasts. Along with his new knights the king returned to the fairest of lands and freed it from the beasts which had taken it over.

Only then could he reclaim his rightful title and crown and used them to once and for all end the threat of the beasts. Once the beasts had been defeated the king would grant many gifts to those loyal knights who had helped him retake fairest of lands and freed the kingdoms from the beasts. Then he would take the greatest among them as his queen and they would live happily ever after as rulers of the fairest land.

This is the “prime story” but it’s likely not the version your character knows. The version or versions they’ve heard of is likely specific to their homeworld with the actors and elements being unique to it. So their players can feel free to invent their own versions of the story that can be wildly different as long as it have these elements:

1. A being/person is a figure of great importance in a fantastical place.
    2. They are banished from it for some reason.
    3. A great threat emerges which not only threatens the fantasy land but ALL the lands.
    4. The banished is helped by a group of people to regain their former glory and with it they end the threat and save the day.

Again, knowing the story have no special effect in itself. It's up to the players if:
    A: The characters learn it at all.
    B: If they do anything with it.
    The story is connected to the King of Rags (who is controlled by the player Morty) so that's where they would have a chance to do anything with the knowledge.

[Woods]

"I believe I already told-" Jall starts but the woman interrupts him.
    "I'm Anika Sunfletcher, the protector of this moonwell!" She declares while crossing her arms under her chest.
    "Oh, I'd better leave-" Jall tries again as the woman seems done, only for her to interrupt them again.
    "Silence, demon!" She declares with pointed finger at the 'drone'. "You are not going anywhere, and you-" Her stare moves over to Domhnall as her expression softens. "Are you with that thing? You don't look like a demon to me, dude."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

[Woods]

Domhnall shakes his head.
    ”No, I live here. I ran into the two of you while taking a walk. So frankly all I know is that this well you’re fighting about is magic and you keep using sketchy looking and highly dangerous drones to study something half a mile from where we treat children.” he says, switching targets from the elf to the “demon” halfway through. He still thinks this guy sounds extremely irresponsible.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Daycare]

"Oh. I never heard of it." The boy admits with a shrug.

Shan nods.
    "Exactly. People like you and me would never have been at the top. We don't have power.
    And then they give a shrug. "That's just the way of the world, isn't it? Not everyone gets a good chance."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

[Triumphant Little Angels]

Asher lands with Eao in tow, back from their adventure! He's back to his kid form, and seeks out Reelshka. "We did it! There was an adventure, and we destroyed some robots and searched some computers! Eao did the computer stuff!" He blathers excitedly, before Reelshka can get a word in edgewise.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-06-27 at 07:40 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Triumphant Little Angels

"It was great! We really showed them!" Asher isn't the only one who's excited. Eao's back in child shape too, and she smooths out her frilly skirts as she lands. "We got a lot of useful information!" Although not enough.
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-06-27 at 07:49 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Asher and Eao will find Reelshka in her cabin, overseeing both twins playing with their toys. The kids are rather preoccupied with that and don't notice the two come in. The goblin will step away so that they don't disturb them, while still keeping an eye on them.

"I'm glad your adventure was a success, then." And they did come back safely. Maybe she needn't have worried. "What exactly did you learn?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Triumphant Little Angels

"They were building a warship!" Eao explains excitedly, "It was super big!" Her stretched out arms don't really convey any sort of grand scale, but presumably it's huge. "But they took it somewhere else where we can't find it." Disturbing, that something which is apparently gigantic could remain hidden.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

"But we're going to find it, later, once we figure out where to start looking! And then we'll save the Nexus!" Asher declares, then turns to Eao. "Maybe we should go to VIGIL, they can help us find it!" He pauses a bit, thinking. "Though... do we have time to play? I like you, Eao!"
    Love is the message.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

A big warship... this is definitely not Reelshka's area of expertise. It's good to see Asher and Eao back safely, but she still can't shake off the feeling it's not quite right.

"Going to Vigil sounds like a good idea. Or HALO. They're both meant to deal with such things. And I've heard HALO has researchers and investigators." As she speaks, Balthuk's ball rolls away from him and lands at her feet. She reaches down to pick it up, but the baby woblin is crawling after it with gusto already. He grabs it with his paws and looks at Asher and Eao with wide eyes.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Triumphant Little Angels

"I need to tell Mother," Eao answers. "She'll know what to do." Hopefully. It would suck if she didn't. She smiles at the child with his ball. "He's cute." Asher's question causes her some confusion. "Play?" She's never played before. What does that mean?

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

"Let's go find her I've never met her, and Lapis talks a lot about her!" Asher declares, it's a better first idea than meeting VIGIL or HALO.

"Hi, Balthuk!" He bends down and kisses the little woblin's forehead when he shows up, but quickly arises with a gasp when Eao reveals she doesn't know what play is. "Play is fun, I have to show you! We can find Tuskfang and..." He pauses. Tuskfang will be fun, but he doesn't want to risk Eao doing something that'll give his best friend nightmares. "Or Lapis! You should meet your sister she's the greatest and very fun! And she's an angel too so we can have angel fun! She'll know where your mother is, too." Which is another reason to play with Lapis instead.
    Love is the message.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Balthuk giggles when Asher kisses his nose, then Reelshka scoops him up and carries him back to where his sister is playing.

"Talking to Zee is probably a good idea," she says approvingly. She can probably explain to Eao how to be a seraph living among mortals better than others. "Though I don't think I know Lapis. Is she another seraph?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-07-02 at 11:46 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Triumphant Little Angels

"Okay! Where's Lapis?" Eao asks. She can't wait to meet her sister, and is bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet. "We should go find her!"

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

"In VIGIL! Follow me, I'll show you!" Asher responds, excited that she'll finally get to meet her sister. "We're going now, bye Reelshka! Say hi to Tuskfang for me! Love you!" She is like his second mum, after all! Taking Eao's hand, he runs out and flies off.

((Imma tell Rebo to post in Silly Plots first for what Lapis is doing.))
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #47

[Woods]

"While your concern is understandable, the drone wasn't actually intended to go th-" Jall starts but doesn't get further before the drone is blasted by a beam of light and promptly collapses. The light going out in its eyes.

"I think we're done arguing with this demon. Geez." Anika is still standing in the pose from which she conjured the magic beam of light but seem to slowly relax and shake her head. "It was just gonna lie to you, dude. That's what demons do."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-07-03 at 07:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

[Woods]

Domhnall shrugs.
    "Didn't even know he was a demon. Never met one before. Didn't even know they liked sciency words." That's what happens when you spend most of your life in the woods.
    "So. Uh. Name's Domhnall. You've been uh, usin' the fancy magic well? How's that workin' out?" He does admit he's kind of curious what its deal is.

19. - Top - End - #49

[Woods]

"Maybe it was a goblin demon." Anika idly suggests. "But my magic ain't that flashy. It's just like a flash night, bzz, bzz, bzz. See?" She fires off another beam of light into the foliage above them which causes the leaves to frizzle. "Kinda lame honestly. I can do way better magic than that." A beat. "So... are you a warrior or something? A... priest perhaps?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

[Woods]

"Well, I do know how to use a sword. And I know a few little charms. But I'm not old enough to have become a priest or a shaman or anything like that. Why, do I look priestly?" That would be a rather flattering comparison, if she thought he looked particularly wise and mystical. Especially in his current state of dress.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Default Hawthorn Cabin

Sekhmet is flown back from Vigil by Geneva. The fiendling is fairly exhausted, and not in any shape to be flying under her own power. Once the pair land, she unlocks the door to her cabin and leads Geneva inside. You can, uh, put the clothes and things in there. She gestures to her bedroom. I'll sort through them later. Uh, want some tea? She walks into the kitchen to begin brewing a pot without waiting for an answer. She wants some tea herself.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Hawthorn Cabin]

Geneva floats into the cabin after her friend, keeping an eye out for any stumbling or signs of further fatigue. Seeing that everything appears to be fine, she heads into the bedroom and begins unloading all the loot they had pillaged from the realm of Sekhmet's mother. Clothing. Armor. Regalia. All sorts of fancy stuff. It's fortunate she can fit so much nonsense into her inventory spell. Thank goodness for ancient advanced technology.

~Some tea would be nice, thank you,~ Geneva replies. ~What kinds do you have?~

There are, after all, many types of tea.

Red, yellow, white, green, herbal of many varieties...

Then?

She settles down on one of the chairs.

When she isn't floating around at eye level it's somehow even more apparent just how small Geneva really is. With her long hoppy feet flat on the chair she's scarcely over a foot tall.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Default Hawthorn Cabin

I have, uh, black, yellow, and camomile," Sekhmet responds. There's the sound of running water as she fills a teapot, then Sekhmet returns with a tea set (two cups, the teapot, and a bowl of sugar cubes) and whichever tea Geneva requests, along with black tea for herself. She sits down on the chair opposite Geneva and pulls a table out between them. Close behind her follows a hive creature, a "hound" about the size of a large dog, which lies down on the floor next to Sekhmet's seat. She reaches down to scratch its back. Thank you for, uh, vouching for me." She thinks. Just how small Geneva is is fairly obvious to her. She's 5'7", or even taller if you count her horns.

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #54

[Hawthorn Cabin]

Wow.

That's...

Uh.

That's definitely a dog.

Yep.

Dog is exactly what that is. And not something else.

Geneva doesn't pay much attention to it since it is clearly a dog.

~I'll have the camomile,~ Geneva replies with a little nod. She's not too worried about the glass being too small.

Why?

Well.

Because she just pixelated, grew, and resolved back into a pink-haired human woman. Thankfully, unlike our good friend the ditto, Geneva is able to get eyes right. She'll accept the cup of tea when it arrives.

"With the commander?" she asks. "Don't worry about it. You're my friend, Sekhmet. Friends stand up for each other."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Default Hawthorn Cabin

It is a dog. At least, Sekhmet treats it like one. She doesn't miss a beat when Geneva becomes human or when she starts speaking aloud rather than thinking telepathically. "Still, thank you." She pours out hot water from the teapot into the two cups, then adds the teabags. "So, uh, how should we start?"

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #56

[Hawthorn Cabin]

Had Geneva explained this before?

That, back in Unova, she remained in human shape most of the time?

That she feels exposed and unsafe as a mew, but she's been doing that anyway to try to overcome those feelings because she IS safe in the Nexus?

"Well, I'll admit I don't know anything about this board game," Geneva says. "So maybe you could explain the objectives to me first?"

Games always have objectives.

They wouldn't really be games if they didn't, would they?

"You haven't had many friends, have you Sekhmet? You mostly just isolated inside of your home before you came here, right?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Default Hawthorn Cabin

"No, I didn't have any friends. It was, uh, dangerous for someone like me to be seen in public " Sekhmet had a very shut-in life. She didn't have a choice. She opens the box gently and sets the board on the table. It's divided into 3 sections, two solid red or white, 12 by 4 squares, then one checked red and white, 12 by 12. 3 short silver lines connect both of the smaller sections to the larger one. "The object of the game is to take control of the middle world." Sekhmet gestures to the center area. "It's a contest between five angels: Hope, Courage, Love, Justice, and Death." Sekhmet sets five beautifully carved white angel figures in the white section, wielding shield, lance, bow, sword, and axe, respectively, "And five archfiends: Despair, Terror..." Sekhmet sets two red pieces down, fiendish creatures wielding harpoon and dagger, but at the third she stops in shock, looking like she's about to faint.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #58

[Hawthorn Cabin]

"People would have tried to hurt you?" Geneva asks. She's pretty certain of the answer, but she'll still ask.

Then?

Game explanations!

"The angels kind of remind me of the Elements of Harmony. Kindness, Generosity, Honesty, Loyalty, Laughter, and Friendship. Obviously there are a few important differences."

Like.

Uh.

Death.

That's pretty different. Geneva isn't sure how that one really fits in with the others.

Then the devils!

Geneva frowns at the third. "Are you okay?"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Default Hawthorn Cabin

Sekhmet does not say she's all right. Instead, she says, "Look." She sets the piece down on the table. There, carved in red stone, is a perfect rendition of Sapphira, every detail of her appearance captured exactly. Geneva probably remembers her from the memories Sekhmet shared when their minds were connected. A whip is coiled in the figure's left hand. "Corruption." Sekhmet whispers.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #60

[Hawthorn Cabin]

Geneva reaches down and picks up the figurine.

Frowns at it.

Turns it over in her fingers.

Then sets it down on the table again.

"We knew she was important. But not how or why," Geneva says.

After all, she had a...

Ball?

Thing?

In hell.

It all looked really important.

"I wonder if what's going on right now is like this game at all," she ponders aloud. "How exactly does the game work?"