New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 93: Something something something babies

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Ironoak Cabin - Scavenger Hunt]

"No, he's my dad!" Tuskfang's tail wags. "He's Brinika and Cheasadh's uncle. Because their mom's my mom's sister. Dad has a chair that's too big for everyone else. Come on!"

The young woblin will lead the two girls back to the sitting room, where they will be quickly able to find a small cardboard box, hidden behind a large armchair. The box is labelled "treasure" and bears another drawing of the two diminutive pirates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Ironoak Cabin]

"We got it!" Lucy throws her little fists up. "Darn, they're pretty good at this huh? Maybe they really should grow up and be pirates."

"Why's your dad's chair so big?" Jillian asks. Tuskfang isn't so big, and his mom is very small. Something doesn't add up. But there's also treasure to be had. Very important stuff. "Open it up!" She encourages.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

Tuskfang grins and his tail wags quickly.

"My dad is really big! As big as Lucy's dad. He's a Wolfen. And Brinika and Cheasadh are really clever. Mom says they're too clever when they put their heads together."

When Tuskfang opens the box, it turns out to contain six large chocolate bars.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Halfling in the Playground

"Jackpot!" says Lucy, digging a bar out of the box. It was her rightful share after all. She starts to gnaw the packaging open with her teeth. "As big as my dad? Really? What's he like?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ogre in the Playground

Jillian's eyes go wide. Chocolate bars. her mom is very sparing with treats like this, but Jillian knows what a treasure this is. She grabs up one of the bars and peels open the wrapping. She takes a small nibble, intent on savouring it. "Are you gonna be that tall?" She asks between nibbles.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Titan in the Playground

Tuskfang chomps down on the chocolate bar happily with his big teeth.

"Yeah! And he's super smart. Knows lots of stuff. Spirits, making things, making food, making drinks. But they're grownup drinks. And hunting. I'll go hunting with him someday." He looks over at Jillian. "I asked and mom and dad said they don't know. But I'm bigger than my cousins who are goblins. So maybe."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

The kids seem a little disappointed to no longer be "flying", but they're distracted easily enough.

"Birds! Chirp chirp!" Maltrika's imitation of bird sounds is energetic but the realism leaves something to be desired. Tuskfang, meanwhile, seems deep in thought.

"He made a cloud once and we flew on it," he says. "It was fun. But he hasn't picked me up to fly. Mom doesn't like flying. Brinika says it's because she's a goblin." He seems to belatedly remember the actual topic of the conversation. "But we can try learning and treasure-hunting. Maybe it'll be fun."
    [Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

"Chirp chirp! Now we're bird buddies, okaaaay?" Zara chirps back just as energetically, but her own sounds are limited by her very humanoid and not at all avian vocal tract. She then turns to Balthuk, in case the male twin feels like he's being left out of the chirping.

"Interesting...! Tusky is bird buddies too, then." She says in response to his revelation about the cloud, the moves on. "Of course, it'll be fun! Have faith! Zara wants Tusky to have fun learning... alll the fun! If it stops being fun for Tusky, then Zara can adapt." Thankfully, she's pretty good at having childlike fun.

"If not treasure hunting, then games in general!"

Zabb hasn't arrived yet, of course, for he's busy with a certain demon princess by the seaside...
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

The two twins erupt in giggles, cries of "bird" and imitated chirps. Balthuk flaps his little arms vigorously as if it might actually let him fly.

"Okay!" Tuskfang grins. "When do we start?"

8. - Top - End - #938

[Iron Oak Cabin - Scavenger Hunt]

"Hey, my dad likes grown up drinks! And hunting too!" says Lucy. "But my mom doesn't like that he likes it." She's seen the way Mom looks at him when they talk about it.

Lucy gets kinda quiet for a sec. She doesn't know what to think about hunting or the people that do it. She could never hurt an animal on purpose.

"Maybe we should get them together."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

Jillian considers for a moment. "Is your dad as loud as uncle Adir?" She asks. Adir has a laugh you can hear from across the keep when he visits.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

Tuskfang's tail wags. This sounds like a really good idea! Lucy is smart.

"Yeah! They can be friends. Like our moms are friends." He turns to Jillian, chewing on his chocolate bar. "I dunno. Is Mr. Adir very loud? I don't meet him a lot."

11. - Top - End - #941
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

The two twins erupt in giggles, cries of "bird" and imitated chirps. Balthuk flaps his little arms vigorously as if it might actually let him fly.

"Okay!" Tuskfang grins. "When do we start?"
    [Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

Zara joins them in giggling and making bird-related noises. "Fly, Bal, fly!" She encourages, kissing each twin on their noses. Her head snaps up once Tuskfang reveals his intention to start. "Soon! But first, Zara needs to know what subjects Tusky is having trouble in."
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Moonwell]

"You would have come to us eventually, yes." Sophie's voice takes on a slightly sharper tone. She's not angry, just impatient... but she's getting there. The imps' boss might feel embarrassed and pushed to justify himself, against all better judgement. Sophie seems and sounds in all ways like someone who has every right to be disappointed and upset with the situation. "Better to ask forgiveness than permission, is that right? And by the time you were done, we wouldn't be able to do anything. Can you tell us how exactly you found out about this well?"
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Moonwell

Pathfinder isn't too bothered by the tensions in the air or subtle threats as he scratches at the bandages on his left paw in thought. By all impressions, things didn't seem too bad. Even so, it was better to be somewhat cautious and he kneels down, holding out his hand towards the ground. A moment later, a ghostly weasel pokes its head out of the ground, sniffs the offered hand, and then scampers off leaving a fading trail of spirit whenever it moves as it scampers to go search the rest of the area. "Pardon me for the potential offense, but I do want to check to make sure there isn't anyone waiting around to ambush us. I am sure you understand, given that many of us have lived as adventurers long enough to reach adulthood. But niceties aside, I would like to place our proverbial cards on the table. Given recent events in other parts of this realm, we are particularly cautious about potential manipulation of the spiritual energies around here. What guarantees and assurances can you provide us?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Moonwell

Despite everything being discussed, Dom seems content to let the other two raise their points on their own. Though he does seem bothered by at least one thing.
    "You didn't really answer my question..." he grumbles.
    Moonwell

The imp-lord frowns, seemingly bothered by the lack of progress he was making. Sophie can tell that she seemed to make him especially uncomfortable for reasons he doesn't seem to understand and that bothers him as well.

The other imps pay all perk up at the appearance of the ghostly weasel however. Considering they were even smaller than it they might suspect Pathfinder will send it out to eat them if they didn't do what he said.

But before he can respond Anika of course interrupts by gesturing at Domhall. "Yeah! Answer his question, dude!"

"I thought I did!" The boss imp protests, losing his cool for a moment. "Look that, uh, creature you saw earlier. That's one of my contacts. They told me about this well, okay? Said they had lost a drone by a well so offered up some people to investigate it. Told them we could handle it better than they could as I'm more of a people-person. I can assure you though, neither of us have any intention to harm GloG or its inhabitants. Nor are we gonna steal your well-juice." He gestures at Pathfinder. "So you can go ahead and let your little yokai scout out this place. We got nothing to hide. All I want to do is find out more about this well and its properties. I knew there was no way we were gonna work out here without running into you, considering you had already killed a drone, so my intention was always contact GloG before we started doing anything out here." Sophie can tell that he's likely not lying this time.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

[Moonwell]

"Looks like this situation is easily rectified, then." Sophie capitalizes on the imp leader's being pushed off-balance to take charge of the conversation. "Pathfinder's spirit will search this place and if it doesn't find anything to be concerned with, we can proceed. Now that we're here we can make sure the well isn't misused."

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

Tuskfang falls into deep thought as his siblings continue to be distracted by babbling about birds and flapping their arms.

"Numbers. I don't like numbers. I need to add them up or take them away but when I try to think about it I get distracted," he says with a pout.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

"Zara can help! That'll be Tusky's first lesson: numbers. Tusky knows how to count, yes? Up to what number?" She asks the older woblin whilst encouraging his siblings to embrace their inner bird.
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #945

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Jillian considers for a moment. "Is your dad as loud as uncle Adir?" She asks. Adir has a laugh you can hear from across the keep when he visits.

"Yeah! They can be friends. Like our moms are friends." He turns to Jillian, chewing on his chocolate bar. "I dunno. Is Mr. Adir very loud? I don't meet him a lot."

"Dad's so loud!" Lucy giggles through a mouthful of candy bar. "Especially when he laughs! Grandma says he never learned how to use an inside voice." A bit of an exaggeration, but not entirely off the mark either.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #946
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Something Something Something Cubs]

Come on, Sekhmet.

You would make a hell of a princess!

just think of the punning opportunity!

"Given how many threads of fate revolve around you I'm not sure if just being normal is an option," Geneva sighs, running a hand through her pink hair. "I used to wonder the same things myself. Why couldn't I have just been normal? If I had been the second daughter I would have been. My mom passed the status of mew on to me. Just like her mother had with her. It's always been my burden to shoulder. But I've realized over the years that everyone is who they are for a reason. You're a princess, but you want to live a mundane common life. You're going to need to find a way to square those competing aspects of who you are."

Because seriously Sekhmet.

The pun potential!

You can't just turn your back on that.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

Something Something Something Cubs

Unfortunately, Sekhmet is not a huge fan of puns.

"You're right, but..." Sekhmet looks nervous. "I don't know how to be a princess. And I don't want to be a princess of devils." She's already well on her way there, though. She even has a loyal, devilish follower who calls her "princess." How is Rose doing anyway? Between Rose and Geneva, maybe Sekhmet could figure out what she's supposed to do about the princess thing.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ogre in the Playground

Moonwell

"And not only will the spirit scout, but afterwards I can command it to stay here to act as communication should the need arise. There are other dangers out here after all, and some could put us all under hard press."
    Pathfinder offers as he closes his eyes in order to see what the spirit guide sees. The thing's senses were far from perfect, especially since it was so low to the ground, but it should be able to sniff out most mortals who hide through mundane means or entities using basic magics to hide their presence. Spirits and creatures made of souls or undead will stick out like a sore thumb, but otherwise those who are truly competent or use higher magics will likely be able to remain undetected. Pathfinder isn't ignoring his personal surroundings despite his attention being elsewhere however and takes deep purposeful breaths through his nose in order to commit the scent of the imps to memory and to see if he can pick up traces of anything else on the air.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

"I can count really high!" Tuskfang sounds quite proud with himself. "I learned to count long ago. I'm learning multi..." His brow furrows as he remembers the word. "Mul-ti-pli-cation! But it's hard."

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

Moonwell

Domhnall seems unsure of this. He trusts Pathfinder, but...
    ”I still dunno if we want anyone feeding that guy information. Dude was creepy. I don’t think we want to get involved in all this demon stuff.”
    Didn’t they sack a town a couple of years ago? And something about fighting in the ocean islands? Now that he’s had time to try and reeeeally remember the news he half paid attention to, it’s a bit alarming if the imps are just this demon guy’s second pitch.
    ”And wait a second Anika killed that drone under an hour ago how’d you get here so fast?”
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

21. - Top - End - #951
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

"I can count really high!" Tuskfang sounds quite proud with himself. "I learned to count long ago. I'm learning multi..." His brow furrows as he remembers the word. "Mul-ti-pli-cation! But it's hard."
    [Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

"Toy time, birdies!"
    Zara declares, carrying the twins and placing them down on their feet. "Show Zara your favourite toys, both of you!"

She then turns to Tuskfang. "Good boy! Zara can teach Tusky multiplication, it's easy once you know the tricks. For example, 2 times 4 is the same as adding four separate 2s together. You do know how to add and subtract, right Tusky?"
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"Dad's so loud!" Lucy giggles through a mouthful of candy bar. "Especially when he laughs! Grandma says he never learned how to use an inside voice." A bit of an exaggeration, but not entirely off the mark either.

"Yeah, exactly. Mommy says that we can't be loud like uncle Adir is, though. He only gets to be that loud because he's a guest." Jillian explains.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

The two kids climb down from the couch and crawl over to where their toys are kept. They return, Maltrika holding a plush lizard with a big forked tongue, while Balthuk is holding a stuffed doll of sorts. It depicts a grey-skinned goblin with a comically exaggerated big head and floppy ears.

"That's Slip!"

"And Gizmuk!"

Tuskfang, meanwhile, is deep in thought as he nods.

"Yeah! I know that. It's easier. Two plus two is four."

"I remember your grandma. She was nice. My uncle Grimip can also be loud. I dunno if he's as loud as your dad. Goblins are small but they're loud," Tuskfang rambles on.
    Last edited by Morty; 2021-04-03 at 12:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Moonwell]

"Looks like this situation is easily rectified, then." Sophie capitalizes on the imp leader's being pushed off-balance to take charge of the conversation. "Pathfinder's spirit will search this place and if it doesn't find anything to be concerned with, we can proceed. Now that we're here we can make sure the well isn't misused."
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Moonwell

"And not only will the spirit scout, but afterwards I can command it to stay here to act as communication should the need arise. There are other dangers out here after all, and some could put us all under hard press."
    Pathfinder offers as he closes his eyes in order to see what the spirit guide sees. The thing's senses were far from perfect, especially since it was so low to the ground, but it should be able to sniff out most mortals who hide through mundane means or entities using basic magics to hide their presence. Spirits and creatures made of souls or undead will stick out like a sore thumb, but otherwise those who are truly competent or use higher magics will likely be able to remain undetected. Pathfinder isn't ignoring his personal surroundings despite his attention being elsewhere however and takes deep purposeful breaths through his nose in order to commit the scent of the imps to memory and to see if he can pick up traces of anything else on the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Moonwell

Domhnall seems unsure of this. He trusts Pathfinder, but...
    ”I still dunno if we want anyone feeding that guy information. Dude was creepy. I don’t think we want to get involved in all this demon stuff.”
    Didn’t they sack a town a couple of years ago? And something about fighting in the ocean islands? Now that he’s had time to try and reeeeally remember the news he half paid attention to, it’s a bit alarming if the imps are just this demon guy’s second pitch.
    ”And wait a second Anika killed that drone under an hour ago how’d you get here so fast?”
    [Moonwell]

There are no 'higher magics' at work here thankfully, simply imps. But there are actually a few more of them than they are able to see. Another group of three imps, dressed in the same kind of hardhats, are seemingly surveying the edges of the island. While they aren't using any magic their mere presence will likely stand out to the spirit.

Pathfinder will likely be able to confirm what the spirit sensed too as he can feel the scent of more imps in the air.

"I'm with Domhnall, you should have seen that 'drone' they had. It was this white super-creepy dog demon the size of a cat." Of course, this is only going to sound impressive to Anika. "Besides, since it's my well I get to decide what's gonna happen to it and I don't want some smelly imps hanging around it." The druid declares while crossing her arms over her chest.

The boss imp gestures wildly at Anika while looking to Sophie. "Are you hearing this? She's clearly just being impicst now." A beat. "As in, racist towards imps. I still don't even understand her claims on this place. At least I'm not saying that it belongs to us when its on your territory."

25. - Top - End - #955
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

"Hi Slip, hi Gizmuk!" Zara says to the favourite toys, then beams at the excited kids. "Slip and Gizmuk are cute. Do Bal and Mal sleep with Slip and Gizmuk?"

"Correct! Now, what's 2 plus 2 plus 2 plus 2?" She asks Tuskfang.
    Love is the message.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

"He does!" Balthuk affirms, but Maltrika shakes her head. "She sleeps under the bed."

"It's six. That's easy!" Tuskfang says confidently.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

"No, it's eight. 2 + 2 = 4, 4 + 2 = 6 and 6 + 2 equals eight. Now, can Tusky tell Zara what 2 times 4 is?" Zara asks, waiting for him to puzzle that one out.

To the kids, she nods happily. "Show Zara how you play with them!"
    Love is the message.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

Tuskfang looks ashamed to have made a mistake. He was too quick! He didn't think it through properly. It happens to him often. He spends a while thinking about the next question.

"It's eight too," he says.

The twins, meanwhile, go into a rather meandering explanation of what they do with their toys. It seems that both of them like exploring underground places, which means sticking them under furniture more often than not. Their parents must have their hands full pulling them out of there.

[Moonwell]

"It is true that there's another side in this matter that we're not familiar with," Sophie says. "Would it be possible for us to speak with them? Or know more about them, at least?"

29. - Top - End - #959
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

"Correct! Now, does Tusky know why 2+2+2+2 is 8, and 2 times 4 is eight too? Because 2 times 4 means 2, added 4 times! If Tusky remembers that, then multiplication should be easier. Is good, yes?" Zara smiles a smile meant to make the boy feel better.

As for the twins, she makes note of their explanations, knowing where to look when complaints of lost toys rise up, and also in order to save the parents the trouble of having to do it. "Oh! What else do they like to do?"
    Love is the message.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Zara]

"They go on 'ventures with Fuzzy and Flutter," Maltrika says solemnly, as if it explains everything. Balthuk nods, equally confident in the response.

Tuskang, meanwhile blinks. Cogs are turning in his fuzzy little head.

"Yeah! I get it. But it takes a long time to add up bigger numbers."