New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 93: Something something something babies

[Picnic Tables]

Brinika, on her part, isn't very surprised to see the rock explode. It's magic. Weird things happen with magic, especially when someone is young and untrained. That's why she doesn't have any real interest in learning magic, even though many of her friends use it.

"Hi Khannie! Trouble with magic again? I found this song in a book. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's about an old person remembering all they've seen and haven't seen."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Picnic Tables]

Khannie finishes writing up her notes on attempt Forty Eight. What she did differently from previous attempts and what the result was.

Rock exploded.

Again.

"I'm not short I haven't even had my growth spurt yet," Khannie fires back. "And I just told you what I did. I'm transmuting some of the elemental earth in a rock into elemental air so the rock will float. It's part of how Mage Hand works. If I transmute too much the rock stops being a rock and starts being-"

She waves at the vanishing cloud.

"-dust in the wind."

Khannie sighs and shuts the book. She's been at this for a while maybe she should take a break? She's found that when she has a problem that she's really beating her head against sometimes it's a good idea to just stop and do other things and sometimes she'll get a flash of insight to try to the problem from a different angle.

"That sounds like a cool thing to be singing about to me. And it isn't trouble with magic, it's looking for magic solutions!"
    Khannie says, trying to sound as up-beat as she can. She caps her fountain pen, shuts her book, and puts them both in her backpack. She knows Brinika isn't terribly interested in magic and she would rather do something fun with her friend so long as her friend is around. "I can keep trying later. Anything fun you want to do today?"

A beat as she glances back at Arthfael. "And who are you, anyway? I've never seen you at GLoG before. I'm Khannie Vallarm and that's my pal Brinika."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Picnic Tables]

Brinika, on her part, isn't very surprised to see the rock explode. It's magic. Weird things happen with magic, especially when someone is young and untrained. That's why she doesn't have any real interest in learning magic, even though many of her friends use it.

"Hi Khannie! Trouble with magic again? I found this song in a book. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's about an old person remembering all they've seen and haven't seen."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Picnic Tables]

Khannie finishes writing up her notes on attempt Forty Eight. What she did differently from previous attempts and what the result was.

Rock exploded.

Again.

"I'm not short I haven't even had my growth spurt yet," Khannie fires back. "And I just told you what I did. I'm transmuting some of the elemental earth in a rock into elemental air so the rock will float. It's part of how Mage Hand works. If I transmute too much the rock stops being a rock and starts being-"

She waves at the vanishing cloud.

"-dust in the wind."

Khannie sighs and shuts the book. She's been at this for a while maybe she should take a break? She's found that when she has a problem that she's really beating her head against sometimes it's a good idea to just stop and do other things and sometimes she'll get a flash of insight to try to the problem from a different angle.

"That sounds like a cool thing to be singing about to me. And it isn't trouble with magic, it's looking for magic solutions!"
    Khannie says, trying to sound as up-beat as she can. She caps her fountain pen, shuts her book, and puts them both in her backpack. She knows Brinika isn't terribly interested in magic and she would rather do something fun with her friend so long as her friend is around. "I can keep trying later. Anything fun you want to do today?"

A beat as she glances back at Arthfael. "And who are you, anyway? I've never seen you at GLoG before. I'm Khannie Vallarm and that's my pal Brinika."
    [Picnic Tables]

Arthfael snaps back to reality, his eyes losing that glaze which covered them when Khannie began explaining magic at him. Yeah, this stuff was a little ways beyond him yet.

"Right. My name. Yes." He clears his throat. "I'm Arthfael. Arthfael Ty-Maldwyn." He grimaces. "...I know that sounds weird and all, but really, I'm not that strange." He says this while his back is smouldering the result of waiting too long to get back into the shade, which he corrects immediately.

"...That is an interesing song, though." He admits, turning to Brinika. "You say you found it in a book somewhere? Can I see it?"
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Titan in the Playground

[Picnic Tables]

"Yeah. I'm Brinika Trollfinger." Since everyone else is giving their last names, Brinika will give hers too. Well, one of them. Goblin names run long. "I learned the song from this book." She holds up her hand, which is holding a worn copy of Fellowship of the Ring. "And then I've found a recording of someone singing it. It's a cool book, but it keeps making goblins look and sound like we're all ugly and evil." Her ears flick. "I'm not sure what I'd like to do, but you do sound like you need a break from magic. I was just going to practice my singing."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #1235

[Picnic Tables]

"Are you supposed to be catching on fire like that?" Khannie asks as the boy scrambles back to the shade. What's his deal, anyway? Is he a vampire or something? Are there any other reasons someone might start smoking when they stand in the sun?

Anyway, weird kid aside, Khannie recognizes the book title.

"Oh! Fellowship of the Ring! I watched those movies with Zebes! I don't think the goblins in that book are supposed to be like you at all Brinika. In the movie they say they're elves that got mutated by an evil wizard or something like that. I haven't read the book though," she says. "I don't really read novels much? Just science and history stuff. And comic books of course."

Comics are definitely the best.

"I'm not sure how great I would be at singing practice. Do you want to explore the woods a bit? That's always fun."

You never know what you might find in the woods. And it's shady enough that the new kid might not catch fire.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2021-08-15 at 10:30 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1236

[Picnic Tables]

"Yeah. I'm Brinika Trollfinger." Since everyone else is giving their last names, Brinika will give hers too. Well, one of them. Goblin names run long. "I learned the song from this book." She holds up her hand, which is holding a worn copy of Fellowship of the Ring. "And then I've found a recording of someone singing it. It's a cool book, but it keeps making goblins look and sound like we're all ugly and evil." Her ears flick. "I'm not sure what I'd like to do, but you do sound like you need a break from magic. I was just going to practice my singing."
    [Picnic Tables]

"Are you supposed to be catching on fire like that?" Khannie asks as the boy scrambles back to the shade. What's his deal, anyway? Is he a vampire or something? Are there any other reasons someone might start smoking when they stand in the sun?

Anyway, weird kid aside, Khannie recognizes the book title.

"Oh! Fellowship of the Ring! I watched those movies with Zebes! I don't think the goblins in that book are supposed to be like you at all Brinika. In the movie they say they're elves that got mutated by an evil wizard or something like that. I haven't read the book though," she says. "I don't really read novels much? Just science and history stuff. And comic books of course."

Comics are definitely the best.

"I'm not sure how great I would be at singing practice. Do you want to explore the woods a bit? That's always fun."

You never know what you might find in the woods. And it's shady enough that the new kid might not catch fire.
    [Picnic Tables]

"Well... not quite." Arthfael admits. "I'm not supposed to be out in the sun, but it's perfectly normal for me to catch fire if I am."

Not that that made it any less painful, mind.

Arthfael sighs when he sees what book Brinika was talking about. Well, darn. He never really was a fan of historical fiction.

Now comics? Those were much better. He'd love to talk about those some more. And he was okay with exploring the woods, too... if only in the sense that it was better than sitting around here until dusk.

"So... where are we going?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

[Picnic Tables]

"There's nothing here about wizards doing anything to elves. And it seems orcs and goblins are different names for the same thing? It's weird." Brinika lowers the book and looks between Khannie and Arthfael. "We can go into the woods. I haven't been there in a while."

8. - Top - End - #1238

[Picnic Tables]

Okay.

Lobster Lad is definitely a vampire. Khannie really can't think of any other people who start burning when they're in the sunshine.

He doesn't seem like a mean sort of vampire, though. And Sakura would never ever let someone who's dangerous to the kids into GLoG.

That just wouldn't and couldn't happen.

"Yeah it was like that in the movie, too. They called the ones from the mine with the big balrog goblins but they called them orcs, too. And they had a cave troll," Khannie recounts as she goes tromping off toward-

[The Woods]

Khannie LOVES walking in the woods in the summer.

The warm sunshine on the duff fills the air with a warm, spicy smell from all the evergreen needles and there's just nothing like it. Here and there sunlight filters down through the canopy, illuminating the dusty air in beautiful shafts of light. One such sunbeam shines down from on high, lighting up a mound of leaf litter piled atop some coiled spruce roots that clutch at the earth like an octopus' tentacles.

Khannie smiles at the picture it paints, leaning back and shading her eyes to gaze at the sky.

"Doesn't that look cool?" Khannie asks, pointing at the mound and the beam of shimmering light. "Like there should be a magic sword stuck in a stone or something there."

9. - Top - End - #1239

[The Woods]

"Don't be silly. Why would someone go to all the trouble of making any sword, much less a magic one, and then just stick it in the dirt in some random part of the forest? It'd just get all gross and not be used for sword things." Arthfael points out.

...These woods were nice, though, weren't they? He had been apprehensive about being out here during the day, but... the way the light played through the trees, the birdsong in the branches, the crin-crunch of leaves under his feet, the slightly sullen smell of lush soil... this place felt much more alive than he was used to. He smiles a little, despite himself. Maybe this was a good spot to be after all.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

[The Woods]

Brinika follows along behind Khannie and Arthfael. Despite having such short legs, she doesn't seem to have a lot of trouble keeping up. That said, undergrowth can be sometimes an obstacle.

"But a sword is stuck in place. And the sun moves around in the sky. So the sunbeam wouldn't be here all the time. You'd have to make sure the hero gets here at the right time," she points out.

11. - Top - End - #1241

[The Woods]

Ugh.

Has this kid got no imagination?

Khannie gives Arthfael a look of scorn. "It's called pretending. That's half the fun of playing in the woods."

Because if you're pretending then the woods can be full of all sorts of fantastical things without said things actually being a horrible threat to children.

Now, Brinika on the other hand, has got the right idea.

"Yeah, you're right," Khannie says, rubbing her chin as she looks up toward the sky again. Then! An idea strikes her! "Oh! I know! The magical pedestal the sword is in ONLY APPEARS when the light touches it! That way the hero would have to know the right time to be here to get the sword!"

Then?

She smiles mischievously as she holds out one hand, making some complex motions as she speaks arcane words with clarity.

First?

A pedestal appears. Smooth grey stone illuminated by the sun. Then? The sword itself! A short sword just the right size for Brinika, its hilt the azure of the sky, its blade as black as the deepest dark, drinking in the sunlight!

Khannie puts her hands on her cheeks and gasps!

"The magical sword has appeared! Is there a hero here worthy to draw it from the stone?!"

Brinika has, by now, probably gotten use to Khannie using her illusions to enhance their games. Khannie has definitely gotten way better at them over the years.

12. - Top - End - #1242

[The Woods]

Brinika follows along behind Khannie and Arthfael. Despite having such short legs, she doesn't seem to have a lot of trouble keeping up. That said, undergrowth can be sometimes an obstacle.

"But a sword is stuck in place. And the sun moves around in the sky. So the sunbeam wouldn't be here all the time. You'd have to make sure the hero gets here at the right time," she points out.
    [The Woods]

Ugh.

Has this kid got no imagination?

Khannie gives Arthfael a look of scorn. "It's called pretending. That's half the fun of playing in the woods."

Because if you're pretending then the woods can be full of all sorts of fantastical things without said things actually being a horrible threat to children.

Now, Brinika on the other hand, has got the right idea.

"Yeah, you're right," Khannie says, rubbing her chin as she looks up toward the sky again. Then! An idea strikes her! "Oh! I know! The magical pedestal the sword is in ONLY APPEARS when the light touches it! That way the hero would have to know the right time to be here to get the sword!"

Then?

She smiles mischievously as she holds out one hand, making some complex motions as she speaks arcane words with clarity.

First?

A pedestal appears. Smooth grey stone illuminated by the sun. Then? The sword itself! A short sword just the right size for Brinika, its hilt the azure of the sky, its blade as black as the deepest dark, drinking in the sunlight!

Khannie puts her hands on her cheeks and gasps!

"The magical sword has appeared! Is there a hero here worthy to draw it from the stone?!"

Brinika has, by now, probably gotten use to Khannie using her illusions to enhance their games. Khannie has definitely gotten way better at them over the years.
    [The Woods]

A sword that appears at certain times of day?

That is so cool!

"That is so lame."

Arthfael rolls his eyes at the magic sword in the forest somewhere. It was bad enough that his uncle wouldn't shut up about stuff like this, now the girls he may or may not go to school with were in on it, too?

Arthfael sighs and walks up to the pedestal and gives the sword a good tug. The sooner they were done with this, the sooner they could get back to just walking around.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-08-15 at 02:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1243

[The Woods]

Khannie heaves an exasperated sigh. "Why are you even following us around if you're just going to complain about everything?" she demands.

And so Arthfael pulls the sword in the stone!

It doesn't budge at all. It certainly feels like a real sword, though.

Khannie, for her part, crosses her arms and glowers at him. This kid really isn't endearing himself to her at all.

Also?

Arthfael needs to stand in the sun beam to pull on the sword.

Is he going to start smouldering again?

Maybe!

"You should try next, Brinika!"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2021-08-15 at 02:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Titan in the Playground

[The Woods]

Brinika grins. Khannie's illusions do spice up something as mundane as a walk through the woods. And nothing exploded this time, even. She decides not to address Arthfael's complaining for now.

"This sword's hilt is oddly goblin-height. Maybe a goblin wizard left it behind for a goblin hero."

With that, she runs up to the sword and tries to yank it out of the stone with all her might. Which... isn't a lot of might, but she's giving it her all.

15. - Top - End - #1245

[The Woods]

Brinika steps up to the pedestal and grasps the hilt, pulling with all of her strength!

The sword budges.

Slowly, at first, but as it comes free light begins pouring from the hole in the stone as the blade slips free until with a final pull and a flash of light!

Duh na Na NAAAAAAH!

The great goblin hero holds the sword aloft! Brinika can feel the weight of the weapon, the subtle coarseness of the grip. She can hear it whistle through the air if she swings the no doubt magical weapon.

"You did it! You've pulled the sword of evil's bane from the stone!" Khannie declares. "Such a legendary weapon needs a name."

Clearly.

"So we have Brinika the brave goblin hero! And Khannie the cunning human sorceress! And-" she glances over at Arthfael, doing her best to offer an inviting smile. "What about you?"

She's inviting him to join their game.

Will he accept and play along?

Or will he continue being a stick in the mud?

16. - Top - End - #1246

[The Woods]

Yes.

Arthfael sighs and steps back out of the sunlight, patting off his back and extinguishinhg the smouldering spot that had popped up there..

Great. So now, in this ridiculous fantasy, Brinika was the fabled heroine, joy and celebrations, woo.

"Fine. If we're doing this, I guess I'll be..." Arthfael strokes his chin. What was, like, the worst archetype he could be from one of these stories? Rogue? Monk? Cleric?

"...Arthfael the bard." He says reluctantly. He pulls a small flute from his coat and plays a little tune reminiscent of the classic "sad trombone" jingle.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-08-15 at 07:03 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

[The Woods]

Brinika raises the sword high. Or... as high as someone her height can manage. But she does so proudly. She's not sure if she remembers any legendary goblin heroes who wielded swords, though. Goblins tend to lean towards trickster heroes.

"You can play the flute?" She asks Arthfael, her attention piqued. "That's great! Every hero needs a bard. I can't really sing songs about my own greatness."

18. - Top - End - #1248

[The Woods]

Khannie is really glad that Arthfael decided to play along instead of being a giant stick in the mud about everything.

"Great! Arthfael the... vampire? Right? That's why you start smoking in the sunlight?" Khannie asks. She isn't exactly an expert on vampires. But she DOES know plenty about GLoG and someone dangerous wouldn't be let in, so Arthfael must be fine, right? "Here I need to find a good stick for a staff."

Hmm...

She really should have grabbed one from the lake, but that's pretty far away at this point. Eventually she finds a nice gnarled oak branch and settles on that. It's a little shorter than she would like but it'll just have to do.

"Okay! So next we need to figure out what sort of adventure we're on," Khannie says as she sets off down the trail again, needles crunching under her feet.

There's a papery clicking sound as she startles several sand-colored grasshoppers that leap away with a flash of bright yellow wings.

The forest always has all sorts of neat things in it. Especially for a bunch of children with active imaginations. Or, at least, one child with an active imagination and a competent grasp of illusion magic.

19. - Top - End - #1249

[The Woods]

Arthfael rolls his eyes when Khannie asks him if he's a vampire. "Of course I'm a vampire. Don't I look like one? Don't I sound like one? Did you not see me eating a literal blood orange earlier? Maybe the fire tipped you off?"

Then it's time for Eye Roll 2: The Sequel, when Khannie asks what kind of adventure they're on. "Well, our protagonist just got a legendary weapon, and said weapons are usually used exclusively for slaying things." Arthfael points out. "Probably something big and savage with big teeth that eats people by the bushel, because it could hardly be a defenseless little bunny. My vote is for a dragon."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Titan in the Playground

[The Woods]

"Well, I could also use the sword as a symbol to unite the people behind me." Brinika pauses. "But I don't think we'll find any in this forest. So finding monsters to slay might be our best bet. Or the sword can be a key to open something important." She's rapid-firing ideas as she's wont to. "Either way my group of heroes is open to goblins, humans, vampires or anyone else."

21. - Top - End - #1251

[The Woods]

"Sorry, I just wanted to be sure," Khannie says, doing her best to ignore the boy's sour attitude.

"Just so long as they're good guys," Khannie is quick to add.

It is important to understand that they are a band of good-hearted HEROES!

Not just a gang of murder-hobos or an evil adventuring party.

"Oh, a sword that's a key is a cool idea! My uncle Zebes has a game like that," Khannie recounts.

She's gotten to play it a few times.

All the people have REALLY BIG SHOES and WAY TOO MANY ZIPPERS!

Khannie ducks a bit, shoving a low hanging branch out of her way that will be zero hindrance to Brinika. Beyond the trees is a large glade of wildflowers and ferns where water is welling up out of the ground. Most of the flowers have browned and given way to seed pods by now, but a few are still bright and vibrant purples and sky blues.

"What if... what if the monster CAN'T be killed, but the sword is a key to lock a cave to stop the monster from getting out?" Khannie wonders aloud. "Obviously it couldn't be a cave that people live in."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2021-08-17 at 02:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1252

[The Woods]

"Well, I could also use the sword as a symbol to unite the people behind me." Brinika pauses. "But I don't think we'll find any in this forest. So finding monsters to slay might be our best bet. Or the sword can be a key to open something important." She's rapid-firing ideas as she's wont to. "Either way my group of heroes is open to goblins, humans, vampires or anyone else."
    [The Woods]

"Sorry, I just wanted to be sure," Khannie says, doing her best to ignore the boy's sour attitude.

"Just so long as they're good guys," Khannie is quick to add.

It is important to understand that they are a band of good-hearted HEROES!

Not just a gang of murder-hobos or an evil adventuring party.

"Oh, a sword that's a key is a cool idea! My uncle Zebes has a game like that," Khannie recounts.

She's gotten to play it a few times.

All the people have REALLY BIG SHOES and WAY TOO MANY ZIPPERS!

Khannie ducks a bit, shoving a low hanging branch out of her way that will be zero hindrance to Brinika. Beyond the trees is a large glade of wildflowers and ferns where water is welling up out of the ground. Most of the flowers have browned and given way to seed pods by now, but a few are still bright and vibrant purples and sky blues.

"What if... what if the monster CAN'T be killed, but the sword is a key to lock a cave to stop the monster from getting out?" Khannie wonders aloud. "Obviously it couldn't be a cave that people live in."
    [The Woods]

Arthfael makes his eye roll into a trilogy and follows them to the flower glade. "Well, we aren't exclusively good or bad." He admits. "There are good vampires and bad vampires and vampires that aren't really either." He guesses he's technically one of the good ones; he's not going to, like, attack anyone or anything.

"A... sword that's a key?" Arthfael frowns. "Sword key? Key sword? Blade-key... thing?"

Well, whatever. It was dumb and he didn't like it, but neither of the girls were going to listen to him.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

[The Woods]

"A sword doesn't need to literally be a key. I think just about anything can open or close a magic door." Brinika is not, admittedly, an expert on magic locks. "It's really weird that human heroes always have swords, though. You don't get many of them with spears or axes or such. Goblin heroes don't use weapons as often."

24. - Top - End - #1254

[The Woods]

Khannie is convinced that Arthfael thinks everything is dumb.

Swords, adventures, having fun, EVERYTHING!

He's like the epitome of a moody teen who goes, 'pfff, whatever'.

"So just like any other people," Khannie says. "Most people are like that. And even with the ones that aren't you can bet you can find the ONE exception in the Nexus."

Khannie carefully walks through the meadow since she doesn't want to step on any of the flowers. They're really pretty!

"I think I know why so many human heroes have got swords. Spears can be good for hunting and axes are good for chopping wood but a sword is only a weapon, not a tool. That makes them special, I guess."

Of course a sword is a tool, Khannie.

It is a tool for turning men into ghosts.

After all the eye-rolling from the vampire Khannie finally asks, "Okay Arthfael you obviously don't like adventures and things so what DO you like?"

25. - Top - End - #1255

[The Woods]

"A sword doesn't need to literally be a key. I think just about anything can open or close a magic door." Brinika is not, admittedly, an expert on magic locks. "It's really weird that human heroes always have swords, though. You don't get many of them with spears or axes or such. Goblin heroes don't use weapons as often."
    [The Woods]

Khannie is convinced that Arthfael thinks everything is dumb.

Swords, adventures, having fun, EVERYTHING!

He's like the epitome of a moody teen who goes, 'pfff, whatever'.

"So just like any other people," Khannie says. "Most people are like that. And even with the ones that aren't you can bet you can find the ONE exception in the Nexus."

Khannie carefully walks through the meadow since she doesn't want to step on any of the flowers. They're really pretty!

"I think I know why so many human heroes have got swords. Spears can be good for hunting and axes are good for chopping wood but a sword is only a weapon, not a tool. That makes them special, I guess."

Of course a sword is a tool, Khannie.

It is a tool for turning men into ghosts.

After all the eye-rolling from the vampire Khannie finally asks, "Okay Arthfael you obviously don't like adventures and things so what DO you like?"
    [The Woods]

"Um, things that aren't my uncle's dumb old war stories, for one." Arthfael says with a shrug. "You know how many times he's told me the one about the magic lady going and killing a dragon? I don't. I've lost count. I swear to god, he's obsessed with that Skuld lady."

But now that Khannie mentioned it, he did have a hard time coming up with something he liked. Sort of. Actually, the list was quite extensive. Really, what he was having a hard time coming up with was something he liked that Khannie and Brinika weren't immediately going to make fun of him for. He could hardly follow up "dragons are laaaaame" with a confessed passion for cross-stitching, now, could he?

Eventually, he just falls silent and looks away, crossing his arms and still trying to look a little cool in front of them.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Daycare]

"If you're concerned it might be too dangerous until she's older, that's fine," Moremi says. "I can just wait and find something else until then. it's not a big deal. I don't mind."
    She glances over at the babies for a moment.
    "I don't mind staying at home and watching her, after all."

No!
    Manja needs more space!
    With Orin getting close and touching her and also Manja's being held and she's been betrayed and now they're ganging up on her and blaming her and

She turns into a kitten. Much smaller. Mostly white, but with a dark pink circle-like pattern on her back and pink on the tips of her probably-ear-things. She climbs out of her clothes. Just barely old enough that her claws are retractable, but she still uses them on the arm holding her, as she tries to get away and falls down to the ground (landing on her feet!). She makes a really cute hiss at Orin for being such a traitor (she trusted Orin!), and tries to scamper away from them both.
    Besides, it's too cold here.
    She doesn't like it. The weather was nice outside, so that's where she wants to go. And out there, she doesn't have to worry about traitors or kaiju.
    [Daycare]

"No, we should manage. We'd really rather not turn anyone away. We'll jut have to-" Reelshka forgets whatever she was going to say when Manja suddenly changes shape. "I see what you mean now." She hurries towards the door, both to cut off Manja's escape and make sure it's closed.

[Daycare]

Orin would notice Manja being unreceptive to her attempt to touch her face, and stop in some confusion, making some sort of sorry noise, or more encouragement to touch that face.

If Manja insists on turning into a kitten, Zara'd be momentarily surprised, letting Dii take control for a moment. "I think not." She ignores the claws and doesn't let go, stretching her hand until she can pinch and dangle kitten!Manja in the air. She's pinching the spot that's known to 'deactivate' cats.

Orin, on the other hand, would be fascinated by Manja turning into a cute kitten if it wasn't so confusing and scary and then the kitten hisses and

"Uuwwwwweeeehhhhhhhhh!" She starts crying whilst staring at Manja. Luckily, there's still time before she's left with a fear of white-and-pink kittens.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

[The Woods]

"Hmm, maybe. My cousin Iknika trains to be a knight but she uses an axe. Says she just prefers it." Brinika looks over to Arthfael. "Did he actually meet the dragon-slaying lady? None of my uncles have ever done that."

28. - Top - End - #1258

[The Woods]

"I think maybe part of it too is that spears are mostly for formation fighting and swords are more one-on-one," Khannie reasons. "Or at least I read that in some history books, anyway. I don't know how true it is sometimes people get stuff wrong. And I've literally never touched a real sword before."

Swords really aren't Khannie's thing.

Then?

Complaining about... dragons!?

Is this kid for real?

"Wow a dragon slay? That's really cool! If the dragon is an evil dragon, I mean. Like my uncle Zebes he isn't evil at all."

"I'm not evil!" shouts Maridia from somewhere up in the canopy. She's probably trying to find one of those bee hives that Pookie keeps raiding for honey.

"Yeah, Maridia isn't evil, either. She's just kind of dumb," Khannie states matter of factly. "Anyway, I like history books and science books. And learning magic. Oh! And comic books! Comic books are pretty great."

Khannie is thinking that maybe if she talks about some of the other things she likes then perhaps Arthfael will open up a bit. She's trying really hard to be nice to this kid.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2021-08-20 at 09:16 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1259

[The Woods]

"Hmm, maybe. My cousin Iknika trains to be a knight but she uses an axe. Says she just prefers it." Brinika looks over to Arthfael. "Did he actually meet the dragon-slaying lady? None of my uncles have ever done that."
    [The Woods]

"I think maybe part of it too is that spears are mostly for formation fighting and swords are more one-on-one," Khannie reasons. "Or at least I read that in some history books, anyway. I don't know how true it is sometimes people get stuff wrong. And I've literally never touched a real sword before."

Swords really aren't Khannie's thing.

Then?

Complaining about... dragons!?

Is this kid for real?

"Wow a dragon slay? That's really cool! If the dragon is an evil dragon, I mean. Like my uncle Zebes he isn't evil at all."

"I'm not evil!" shouts Maridia from somewhere up in the canopy. She's probably trying to find one of those bee hives that Pookie keeps raiding for honey.

"Yeah, Maridia isn't evil either. She's just kind of dumb," Khannie states matter of factly. "Anyway, I like history books and science books. And learning magic. Oh! And comic books! Comic books are pretty great."

Khannie is thinking that maybe if she talks about some of the other things she likes then perhaps Arthfael will open up a bit. She's trying really hard to be nice to this kid.
    [The Woods]

"Did he me- he apprenticed under her!" Arthfael gives Brinika a look, then lets out a little sigh. "Yeah, I know, that probably sounds badass to you two, but from where I sit, it looks like he never outgrew being a teachers' pet."

When Khannie offers a few of her own favorite subjects, Arthfael lets out a sigh of relief. Yes! There it was! Something he could truthfully say he liked with no fear of repercussions.

"Yeah, okay, history's kinda neat. And comics, comics are neat. Like Batman or whatever."

"Or whatever", he says, like he hasn't been binge-reading them under the covers when his uncle thinks he's asleep. His collection is quite substantial and getting larger; moreso since Owena introduced him to this "Manga" stuff. Those got crazy. Like, super crazy.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-08-21 at 02:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1260

[Daycare]

Harley considers getting up and helping.
    But she does need to see a hint at how the baby will act when she's not around, and so on. So she feels like it's best to not get involved.

Manja, who would rather not touch a traitor's face, decides the only option is to escape and turn into a kitten.
    Being grabbed there for the first time causes Manja to freeze up for a moment.
    It also stresses her out. What? What's going on? Why?
    She actually starts making a little whiny growl sound, warning Zara to let go of her right now or she'll raze her hometown...or whatever. Something.

Not wanting to be touched there, she escalates.
    Manja's neck starts growing sharp spikes on the skin.
    Not only that, but the skin around the neck gets weaker and weaker until her weight is enough for the neck-skin to tear.

Manja, the kitten, then goes down to the ground and starts making off towards the door.
    But!
    Thanks to being held back by Zara, Manja has absolutely no chance in getting to the door before Reelshka.
    Seeing the door shut, she freezes again, unsure what to do now.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.