New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 93: Something something something babies

[Beach]

"I need help with everything! We met and I told her I was attracted, and luckily, so was she. We've been on three dates, so far!" Zara states proudly. "I did tell her I loved her on the second date, but luckily, she didn't take it too badly. She said we'll get there in time. What's love exactly, Mrs Sophie? Isn't that something you say to something you're going out with?" She knows of the idea of love, and really, she loves everything... but isn't sure how love for someone special is different.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Lakeside Sit]

Geneva offers a reassuring smile to Sekhmet.

"One of the most important parts of psionics is having the will to succeed at what you're doing," she says, her tone resolute. "If you don't believe that you can, then you won't."

She wrinkles her nose a bit.

"That's why ghost and dark attacks are so disruptive. They shake your focus. That and bugs. Egh."

She gives a little shiver.

Maybe that's part of why Geneva doesn't like the Hive very much.

Obviously they're all Bug-Type!

Bugs are the worst.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Default Lakeside Sit

Sekhmet just seems confused. She doesn't understand what Geneva says about "moves" and "types." She does understand one thing though. "How, uh, how do I clear my mind?" She's thinking about not thinking, but that doesn't really work.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach]

Sophie breathes out. That is quite the question to be asked by surprise.

"That's a question many people have tried to answer. Love is... difficult to pin down. But no, it's not just something you say to someone you're involved with. It's a bond that's not quite like any other. When someone is an important part of your life and you'd feel lesser without them. It doesn't need to be romantic love, either. There's also love for your family or your friends. It takes time and care to develop."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Firbolg in the Playground

Someone comes to camp looking for a certain person from Mia's world. He should be easy to find, right? Just knock on his cabin door?

That someone would be Stalker Spike and their loyal Hound Spot.

Spot does not in fact have any spots. Like most golden retrievers, they have a solid coat. If you look very closely, of course, Spot isn't a dog at all, but an armor-plated mantis-clawed branch-tailed alien. But why would you pry like that? They're a good dog. Don't bother them.
    Similarly, Spike doesn't look at all like Sophia, but is presented as a human adventurer with white-feathered wings.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beach]

Zara gets that smiley pout look again, while the top half of her face frowns. "Hmm... so, love for family and friends is different from romantic love? I guess I feel love for my orphanage, both the old one and the new one, and the kids, and the people I work with... aaand you!" She grins. "So, I'll know when I love my girlfriend when we look at each other like Karasu and Natalie do?"
    Love is the message.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach]

Sophie blinks, then chuckles.

"Perhaps, yes. But not necessarily. Love is a very individual thing and it's best not to compare ourselves to others too much when it comes to it. All I can say is that if you love Abi, you'll realize it in time."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beach]

Zara thinks on Sophie's words a little, then nods enthusiastically. "Then I'll wait patiently for my target, as always! In this case, target means 'getting to a point where we have mutual love for each other'. We kissed on our second date, maybe it'll feel nicer when we get to that point?"

She grins up at Sophie, nodding in respect. "You're good at your job, Mrs Sophie. Sorry for invading your resting time like this! I'll tell all my friends about you, maybe you can listen to their problems!s nice once you get to know her." Getting up, she stretches in a manner that manages to be exuberant. "Bye, Mrs Sophie, I'm off to find Abi now and tell her! I'll tell you how it goes?"

Once Sophie says her goodbyes, Zara skips off, humming a cutesy song as she goes.
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

Somebody is walking up the drive, after being dropped off by their stepdad. She's a fifteen-year-old half-elf, with dark green hair and pale skin. She's wearing a sleeveless black t-shirt and a pair of khaki cargo shorts, with a pair of dusty white trainers on her feet. She's got a rucksack slung over her shoulder and she's looking for Zara, her eyes the same blue as the sky at the moment.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

[Entrance]

Zara can be seen skipping in the distance and humming to herself. She's wearing a black sweater and a long dark blue pleated skirt. Her backpack is nowhere to be found, but she now has some large beads around her left wrist.

She doesn't notice Abi yet.
    Love is the message.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

Abi grins as she sees Zara, and will run over, though she's a little surprised at her choice of wear in the summer.

"Hey, Zara! It's me! How are you, what's up?" She grins, her eyes going pink as she approaches.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Abi! Shalom, babe!" Zara's perpetual smile turns genuine when her girlfriend calls to her, and she grins when those lovely eyes go pink. "Sorry I ignored your calls and texts, I've had a rather illuminating day!" She hugs Abi, then takes her hand in hers.

"I want to tell you something in private, and however you react is up to you." She says, more seriously. "Let's go to the beach area, I want to be looking at the sea when I tell you everything."
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance --> Lake

"It's fine, I figured you were dealing with something heavy." Even if she didn't know what, she was assuming something at the orphanage that would take a while to explain. "Sure, let's go." Abi grins and tries to grab Zara's hand as they head to the beach, even if it's a lake and not the sea that they'll see there.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Beach]

Sophie might see the two when they get to their destination, but they're far enough that while they can be seen, they can't be heard.

When they get to their destination, Zara sits down on the sand, her hands on her knees, and takes a deep breath with closed eyes. Opening her eyes once more, she looks at the water with a rather wistful look in her eyes. "During our date yesterday, my memories started to return. Apparently, the head injury did more than give me a little scar, I lost a lot of my memories, as well. By the time I woke up this morning, I remembered everything. I've been processing it since then."

She turns to Abi and smiles, saying her next words like she's talking about the weather. "I was a child assassin, trained by my orphanage facility to go out on missions and kill people. Explains my general weirdness, doesn't it? Training, conditioning and medicine were given to us to make us good at our jobs." She turns back to the water. "I killed my first when I was seven. The fire wasn't an orphanage, it was my latest victim's death triggering something that set the house aflame. If not for that, the mission would have been a success!" She pouts a little, well, as much as she can with a perpetual smile.

She sighs again. "If you're like most people, you'll probably find what I've said horrible or something." She shrugs in a manner that reveals she doesn't know what all the fuss is about. "If you don't want to be with me anymore, I'll understand. Well, I won't, but, y'know... I'll respect your decision."
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

Lake Beach

"That... would explain why you were so distracted, as the meal went on." Abi stops to think about it, though she'll keep holding Zara's hand.

"It is quite horrible, but... You were a child, right? You didn't have a choice. You were manipulated into it, and that's the horrible thing. Not you, Zara." Abi's trying to find a way to excuse Zara's memories and actions with her own morality system, which is one that doesn't accept adventurers that are in the job for money and not to save or help people.

16. - Top - End - #196

[Lakeside Sit]

Man everyone is hanging out at the lake of late aren't they?

It's a happening place!

"Okay, well, to start close your eyes," Geneva suggest. "And just focus on the sound of your breathing. Let all the other thoughts and distraction melt away."

Is Geneva going to successfully teach Sekhmet how to meditate?

Well!

We'll probably find out.

Hopefully nothing interrupts them.

That would be terrible.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Default Lakeside Sit

Sekhmet does as asked. She closes her eyes and breathes. Slowly and surely, her mind clears.
    Curiously, the ball of flame above her head begins to shrink, slowly transforming into a single bright point of light.
    Sekhmet's mind is now relatively clear, but she's not thinking. That means she hasn't thought about telling Geneva. It probably looks like she's zoned out (which she has).

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Beach]

"Haha, I sure was distracted, huh? At least I didn't jeopardize things with your parents, but then I was trained well." Zara says proudly.

She blinks as Abi implies that what she went through was bad. "You make it sound like a bad thing, I don't see it that way. It just is." She turns to look in Sophie's direction. "That lady over there is a therapist, she told me I 'have a skewed view of the world and morality', and maybe it's skewed to you too, but not to me." If she's going to be honest, she'll be very honest.

"So, no I wasn't manipulated into anything, unless you call your mum raising you 'manipulation'." She corrects, revealing that her past has done a number on her psyche. She's not acting like it's horrible or anything, for one. "Ah, right! Do you have any questions?"
    Love is the message.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Lake Beach

"It's a parent's job to raise a child with a socially acceptable moral framework to base their actions and deeds around. So, if the workers at the orphanage raised you to kill the people they wanted you to, then I'd say that was manipulation. Why did they send you after people, do you know?" Abi really hopes the people Zara killed were monsters; slavers or murderers or corrupt politicians.

In Abi's mind, the people who taught and trained Zara to kill do not deserve the title 'parents', for failing so egregiously in their duty.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Beach]

Zara just stares back at Abi. Not her too! Should have figured that she'd let things like morality dictate who is and isn't bad, considering she has a distaste for adventurers doing it for any other reason than to help people.

In fact, she's frowning with her eyes a little bit. "Don't talk about my family that way, Abi, I don't appreciate it." She says, crossly. She has fond memories of her time in the facility. Socially acceptable? They were raised to be able to infiltrate areas, thus acting in a socially-acceptable manner if needed, wasn't that enough? In her mind, while she fully expected this reaction, she can't understand why.

She was made to be loyal, after all.

She answers Abi's question. "Why do you write exams in school? I was trained to kill, and to enjoy doing it. It's only natural to test our effectiveness. I usually got the highest after-mission points!" She says excitedly, then turns back to look at the water, a wistful look in her eyes. "I killed slavers, corrupt politicians, businesswomen, journalists getting too close to the truth... that last one was my last kill before getting here. Don't worry, I promised Sophie that I wouldn't kill anyone for no reason and that I'd use my skills to help people." She adds the last part to reassure Abi. "I might like killing, but I won't if I have no reason to, promise." She's serious, too, even if she sounds a bit jovial.
    Love is the message.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Someone comes to camp looking for a certain person from Mia's world. He should be easy to find, right? Just knock on his cabin door?

That someone would be Stalker Spike and their loyal Hound Spot.

Spot does not in fact have any spots. Like most golden retrievers, they have a solid coat. If you look very closely, of course, Spot isn't a dog at all, but an armor-plated mantis-clawed branch-tailed alien. But why would you pry like that? They're a good dog. Don't bother them.
    Similarly, Spike doesn't look at all like Sophia, but is presented as a human adventurer with white-feathered wings.
    It is rather easy. After all this man was in the council, which doesn't exist anymore. His Cabin is nothing special from the outside. It may even missing some personal touch like a doormat or a sign. It's very simple and even the doorbell got no name written on it.
    When they use it or just knock it will take some time. They migth even want to do it another time. Whatever it is the door will open, but just for a hand width. The man standing in the now open part of the door looks at the two visitors. He wears his typical labcoat, but some buttons are still open like he took it on in a haste. His mechanical features can't be seen, but other then that he is like he was described.
    "Yes? How can i help you?" he doesn't intend to fully open the door yet.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #202

[Lakeside Sit]

Oh good.

That's exactly what Geneva was hoping for!

Honestly she's pretty glad that Sekhmet caught on to this particular trick so quickly.

Which means?

Geneva is going to aim another psychic assault at her friend. This time the overwhelming taste and smell of cinnamon.

Hopefully this time around Sekhmet's state of mind will make it easier to identify the attack and thwart it.

Maybe even without counter-attacking Geneva this time!

We'll see how it goes.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Default Lakeside Sit

Sekhmet recognizes the false smell and pushes back against it. Her mind still struggles to block the false sensations, bits of cinnamon fragrance seeping into her mind even as she tries to deny them. Quickly, her mental strength is exhausted, and she gives in to the burning, stinging smell and taste. "Ugh. I nearly had it."

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Default Hawthorn Cabin

There's a cabin on the edge of the campground, far from the entrance. Normally, this would be no big deal, but recently a rumor has been circulating through the children at the day care. This particular cabin may look like the rest, but it's unusual. Only one person lives there, a strange lady that few ever see, that some of the more fearful children say is some kind of monster. There's a light on all night in one of the bedrooms, and one kid heard strange noises coming from within. It is, in short, quite mysterious. Perhaps some curious children would like a closer look?

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #205
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Andy's Cabin]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    It is rather easy. After all this man was in the council, which doesn't exist anymore. His Cabin is nothing special from the outside. It may even missing some personal touch like a doormat or a sign. It's very simple and even the doorbell got no name written on it.
    When they use it or just knock it will take some time. They migth even want to do it another time. Whatever it is the door will open, but just for a hand width. The man standing in the now open part of the door looks at the two visitors. He wears his typical labcoat, but some buttons are still open like he took it on in a haste. His mechanical features can't be seen, but other then that he is like he was described.
    "Yes? How can i help you?" he doesn't intend to fully open the door yet.
    Spike rings the doorbell. They wait. No one answers.
    They knock. They wait. Oh there he is!
    "Hi!" We've got a mutual acquaintance who wants to talk to you, but is really nervous. So would you mind if I asked you a few questions for them?" There's something very slightly off about their voice, like you hear it a few milliseconds before you ought to. It's probably nothing to worry about.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

Lake Beach

"I write exams in school to get a good grade, so I can go to university and become a doctor probably. Or whatever. Good grades can help pretty much any thing I might want to do as an adult. I don't always enjoy my exams, but... I do always try my best." Abi might be coming to understand what Zara's trying to say, or she might be misinterpreting it.

"Wait, businesswomen? What did they do, would you kill me if I made a lot of money and bought a chain of shops?" Because whilst a shopowner could be a woman who owns a business, she doesn't meet the full expectations of a businesswoman.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Beach]

"Now you're getting it!" Zara says happily, planting an impromptu kiss on Abi's lips. "I killed to get high scores, so I could become a better killdren and graduate to an adult assassin. I enjoy it, too, and thus I always try my best. Oh Abi, I knew you'd understand eventually!" At least, Zara hopes she does, and gives her girlfriend a big hug.

While still hugging, her reply to Abi's next words is simple. "Only if I had reason to, but I'd prefer not to." Ah right, time to show Abi what she's learned! "I talked with Sophie, the woman over there, about relationship stuff. She told me what love is, I thought it was something you say to someone you're dating, but apparently it's so much more! I'd like to discover what love truly is, with you." Might wanna watch ot for any possessiveness and yandere-tendencies, Abi.
    Love is the message.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

Lake Beach

Abi returns the kiss, and smiles, but she's shuddered too. Zara's exuberance about it is... a little off-putting.

"Oh, I see. Um. I think... I think I need to go think about this, maybe quite a lot. I mean, it's good that you don't want to kill any more, don't get me wrong!" Less good that she's willing to, however. "But... it's a lot that's been dumped on me, now. I would like to have a think for five, maybe ten minutes." She does look a bit shocked, and her eyes aren't pink. They've gone quite a dark grey, with hints of bright yellow lancing through them.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Hawthorn Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    There's a cabin on the edge of the campground, far from the entrance. Normally, this would be no big deal, but recently a rumor has been circulating through the children at the day care. This particular cabin may look like the rest, but it's unusual. Only one person lives there, a strange lady that few ever see, that some of the more fearful children say is some kind of monster. There's a light on all night in one of the bedrooms, and one kid heard strange noises coming from within. It is, in short, quite mysterious. Perhaps some curious children would like a closer look?
    [Hawthorn Cabin]

In broad daylight two kids wander over this direction. They've slipped their supervision for the moment and have the freedom to range further than normal.

"That's it, Russell." Lucy whispers to her brother. They're still a ways away from the cabin, but the whispering is key to stealth. Russell simply nods and they continue closer. They keep an eye out for signs of occupancy as they near. Russell in particular has quite sharp senses.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Beach]

"Okay! Take all the time you need, babe!" Zara says as she breaks the hug, noticing Abi's eyes in the process. "Hmm... yellow means shock, I recall, but what does dark grey mean? Is it sadness, or that you don't know what to think?"

She cups Abi's cheek, a bit sad herself, and it shows in her eyes. "I'm the same person I've always been, babe. We're both just finding out a new side of me, but I'll still be that girl who loves your eyes and takes care of children, if you'll let me." As long as Abi can make herself look past the fact that Zara's willing to kill if necessary, but won't for no reason.

"Go, do all your thinking. As for me... I'll wait for you, right here!" She says, her tone once again happy. Despite knowing the circumstances surrounding the way she is, one has to admire Zara's ability to stay happy no matter what. That's less 'her conditioning' and more 'her personality'. "And if you decide you'll still have me, then let's go for a swim!"

And then she starts humming a cute little tune and looking at the water as she wonders who to tell next.
    Love is the message.