New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [M&M3e] Naruto

1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Kimiko attacks the snakes

One-versus-all sparring was Yotsuda's favorite training method, specially at the end of the day, and Kimiko could feel the results of their hard work on every successful attack. After unleashing a whirlwind of cuts around her, Kimiko destroys the numerous snakes, freeing all her teammates. Their long bodies (now clearly not real, organic animals, but rather artificial snake-shaped tentacles constructed witn chakra) quickly decay until vanishing completely, leaving five large holes on the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    No one is immobile anymore;
    All the snakes are gone.
    Rolls
    Last edited by dangelo; 2021-01-18 at 09:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [M&M3e] Naruto

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2 | Chakra 9➡️4| Hero Points: 0

I feel it, but I’m not sure it’s a good sign, she responds to her sensei, purposely keeping her response vague.

She struggles with her snake, until Kimiko’s sword cuts it down.

Thanks for the assist. She acknowledges with a nod, then races into the fray, positioning herself on the opposite side of the enemy from Yotsuda.

Taking a deep breath, she focuses chakra into her palms and hopes for the best as she strikes.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move and use Chakra- Enhanced Strength along with Interference
    (1d20+5)[12] for whatever DC applies to Affliction Rank 6

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"Argh, I'm almost out of chakra" Yazuko says to his team while panting. "I've just enough left for one last genjutsu"

4. - Top - End - #244

ElfWarriorGuy

"Make it a good one." Yotsuda replies to Yazuko, momentarily letting Kyori take care of the fist fighting. "I'm not sure how, but it's possible that she has backup arriving soon. Maybe faster than ours, even."

"We must use Genjutsu to fool her into thinking that her backup is arriving faster than it actually is, or from a different direction. Something subtle. We already have Kyori providing a good distraction, Yazuko, so our time is now."

He makes the tiger hand seal with his fingers. "Ready?"
    Running Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: IC | OOC
    Playing Dracula's Curse: IC | OOC | Mustafa

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"Ready" he replies to his sensei. Then Yazuko starts weaving hand signs. Starting to form an illusion that her allies have begun to arrive from behind us

When he's done producing the genjutsus he begins panting heavily being all but drained of his chakra at this point, having pushed himself as far as he can go.

Spoiler
    Show

Chakra: 1/90
    Illusion 6(all senses)subtle 1, limited to a single subject, quirk(chakra required).
    Last edited by Seandiggersby; 2021-01-23 at 04:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246

ElfWarriorGuy

Post Re: [M&M3e] Naruto

Yotsuda seem almost as exhausted as the boy.
    "Good." He pants. "Just as good as I was your age."
    "Now, listen to me: you're not out of chakra, you're just spending too much of it. I wish I could've trained you as well."

He displays another hand seal. "Concentrate on the chakra that flows through your body. You have it in small portions, you just got to gather them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yotsuda takes the Recover action.
    * Yotsuda means that Yazuko can still use a Recover action to gather chakra

"Now, let's keep this fight going." Yotsuda says, retrieving a small scroll from his pouch.
    "Kimiko! Use this!" He throws Kimiko the scroll so she could easily catch it.
    Just by reading the seals on the scroll, Kimiko knows that it contains an oversized fuuma shuriken that can be retrieved by just releasing the seal, and turning the scroll in a regular piece of paper.

However, at the bottom of the page, Kimiko finds a small inscription that clarifies Yotsuda's real intentions: a poem, more specifically haicai. A secret message successfully passed on to her without alerting their enemy - Although Emiku and Kyori are still unaware of the genjutsu.

"A false rescue
    Flying across the summer sky
    Should be her demise"

Even though Matsumoto is much faster and taller than Kyori, the girl fought with such a ferocity that it actually gave the Snake some trouble.
    "What is this thing?" She mocks Kyori's weapon while dodging one of those deadly broad cuts. "Don't you think it's more of a burden than a weapon?"

Even with only one hand she still moves like a jonin. Matsumoto stepts into Kyori's stance, pushing her out of balance before spinning-kicking the podao off of her hands. It goes flying off 30 feet away from them and it's blade thrusts deep into the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Compilation: The Podao is stuck there and will require a standard action to pick up
    Kyori gets a Hero Point

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2 | Chakra 4➡️3| Hero Points: 1

Insult my weapon of choice all you want, but your actions say you don’t want me taking your other hand,

With that, she brings her hands together in a seal, and several copies leap out of a puff of smoke.

One heads in the direction of the discarded podao. The others head toward her teammates. Three stay facing Matsumoto, senbon gripped in the fists of both hands.

The clones near Emiku and Kimiko relay a simple message:
    Hostile approaching. Fast. Flying. ETA 10 seconds

Show
    Use Clone Jutsu as described. (The real Kyori is still facing Matsumoto, but has moved to the left while a clone is in the middle)

If I can, prepare an action to use Senbon Storm if Matsumoto moves to intercept one of the other clones.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2021-01-27 at 07:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248

ElfWarriorGuy

"Well, now that's adorable. What's up next? Are you gonna show me how to run on water?"
    She keeps trying to make Kyori angry, but her eyes swiftly search for the real one.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Yazuko is up next.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Yazuko still panting from expending so much chakra stands still for a moment to gather up some chakra. Then he uses to substitution jutsu to make it look like he's still standing still and gathering chakra when he is actually standing behind emiku and and Kimiko

Spoiler
    Show

Chakra 12/90
    Substitution jutsu: teleport 2, limited to places that can be reached normally, linked with concealment 6(all visual, all auditory), increased action(move), limited decoy clones, limited to until hit, quirk(chakra required)

10. - Top - End - #250

ElfWarriorGuy

"Heh. Looks like two of them are already out of chakra." Matsumoto thinks. "I can actually do this. Just five more seconds."

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Emiku is up next.

11. - Top - End - #251

Emiku curses as her senbons don't have the effect she expected.

She breathes hard from the effort and looks at the green snake as she picks another Senbon.

"This time it will hit you straigth in the head" she teases.

Then she throws the green senbon and lets it fly.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Move: Pick Senbon
    Action: Feint (1d20+10)[12]
    If successfull, her defenses lower even further.

Extra effort for another action: attack (1d20+6)[11]
    damage 6, weaken stamina 6
    Creativity is my weapon of choice!

12. - Top - End - #252

ElfWarriorGuy

Matsumoto tilts her head sideways so the needle misses her by only a few inches.

It's weird. A second ago, her body seemed to be crumbling under the effect of Emiku's blue anemone venom. Now she's moving as if there was nothing wrong.

Spoiler: init
    Show
    Kimiko is up last.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Nara Kimiko
    Conditions: Hindered & 1 degree of damage.
    Chakra: 26/60
    HP: 1
    Activating the scroll Kimiko retrieves the fuuma shuriken and throws it.
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[19]
    I do not know the damage of the fuuma shuriken.
    Throwing Mastery 1
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

14. - Top - End - #254

ElfWarriorGuy

Matsumoto pushes the edge of her kunai against the giant shuriken, slowing it's violent spinning movement down for a while before it finally overwhelms her. "Brat-"
    She performs a very sloppy deflection and the fuuma shuriken leaves deep cuts in both her forearms as it goes flying away. She lets out a raging battle cry, screaming in anger at the kids.

Yotsuda delays his turn to match Kimiko's. (Team Attack)

"They haven't noticed it yet. Interesting." He thinks to himself.
    Then he draws another kunai and points it at the Green Snake before saying to the kids: "Now! It's time, offensive formation!"

"Fine." She says, breathing heavily with her arms covered in blood. "I can't kill you now, but mark my words: if you ever dare to leave your pathetic village again, I will crush you. It's a promise."

A strong wind suddenly blows in the kids' direction. A shadow momentarily blocks the sun. Looking up, they see an enormous bird opening it's wings to put a break on it's flight. The creature's wingspan is impressive, but the gale and the sun make it impossible to see what exactly it is. Someone is standing still on top of it, a tiny humanoid when compared to the bird's massive shape.

"Right on time." The Snake says before quickly gathering chakra on her feet and body-flickering her way up. She becomes visible again right before reaching the bird, but the image suddenly flickers and disappears. The real bird can be seen as a blurred shaped in the horizon, and Matsumoto finds herself airborne.

"What??" She yells, still gaining altitude. "Genjutsu?! But..!

"Simple." Yotsuda explains. "Your trick was clever, but not enough. When you deflected both Emiku's blue and green needles, you tricked us into thinking you had been poisoned by that blue venom. You knew you wouldn't be able to dodge both, so you voluntarily took the first one. It was a very impressive somersault, and it drew a lot of attention, but it was only a decoy so we wouldn't notice you switching needles. It was good. I'll give you that."

"But it's over now."

Matsumoto keeps cinematographically standing still in the air, falling forever while the scene goes on."Stupid leaf..!"

Matsumoto is Defenseless (airborne) for one round.

Initiative:
    Yotsuda
    Matsumoto

Kyori
    Yazuko
    Emiku
    Kimiko, Yotsuda
    Last edited by dangelo; 2021-01-30 at 08:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2 | Chakra 3➡️0| Hero Points: 1➡️0

Kyori was running the second Matsumoto headed for the “bird,” ignoring her weapon and dashing straight up the wall, pumping her remaining chakra into her body to leap above the traitor, then coming down on top of her, palm first. Then, for the extra insult, she springboards off, back toward the wall, unleashing a spray of needles as she does so.

Show
    Use Wall Walk and Chakra-Enhanced Strength as described.

Attack with an Unarmed Strike, using Hero Point to follow up with Senbon Storm

Mechanically, she probably threw the senbon first, then moved and attacked, but this way is cooler.
    [/QUOTE]

16. - Top - End - #256

ElfWarriorGuy

Kyori's turn:

Matsumoto's trajectory is suddenly reversed; Kyori strikes her like a baseball, and though she manages to absorb the blow by crossing her arms in front of her, there was no way she could've escaped the needles. Keeping her arms and knees raised to protect vital points, her limbs get severely injured by the bunch of needles thrown by Kyori.

Matsumoto is now falling instead of just airborne (still defenseless);
    Matsumoto is staggered;
    Rolls.

Initiative:
    Yotsuda
    Matsumoto
    Kyori

Yazuko
    Emiku
    Kimiko, Yotsuda
    Last edited by dangelo; 2021-02-02 at 08:08 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Without enough chakra for a genjutsu Yazuko does the only thing he can do, but he puts his all into it. He takes outs his shuriken and throws as many as he can, as hard as he can at Matsumoto as they fall. Hoping to take her out with a storm of shuriken.

Spoiler
    Show

Chakra: 12/90
    Hero point to cure fatigue and then extraordinary effort to extra effort twice, giving myself 2 more standard actions but leaving me exhausted
    Attacking with shuriken 3 times, with power attack 2, dc 26 toughness if it hits since defenceless makes it
    automatically crit

(1d20+6)[12]

(1d20+6)[18]

(1d20+6)[25]

18. - Top - End - #258

ElfWarriorGuy

Resolving Yazuko's turn:

Under Yazuko's rain of shuriken, Matsumoto finally slams the ground. Her limbs covered in blood, it really seems like it is the end for her.

The shuriken incapacitates her (applying a third degree damage for the second time), and for a second everyone takes a breather. End of battle.

Then a shadow covers the sun, this time the real one. The actual bird was a massive creature covered in grey feathers, and the real whirlwind it creates was ten times more powerful then the genjutsu simulation.

It flaps it's wings once to break it's flight, generating a wind so strong that a couple of trees end up unrooted. The person standing on top of it was also way more menacing in his real self.

It was a tall, dark-haired man under a thick hood. His hair was pulled back in a ponytail and he wore a fine purple kimono under a rain cloak. He wears a forehead protector bearing the symbol of amegakure, the Rain village - but of course it's slashed across.

His eyes were bright red and seemed to emanate some hellish aura. He examined every Leaf shinobi before locking eyes with Kyori.

Those red eyes. Kyori knew this man, or at least she was accessing a very vivid memory of him. There was not mistake: this was one of those who destroyed her home and killed her loved ones.

The enormous bird screams loudly and the girl is taken back to the day the monastery was attacked. That bird was there that day too, and the scream was terrifying. Some monks tried to assemble and defend their temple, while others tried to run away. She sees herself glued to the ground, watching the monastery being plundered.

It goes on and on. For hours. Kyori feels everything again, the exact same despair. After what seems to be an eternity, it finally ends. Kyori finds herself lying on the ground, sharing at a blurred sky. Every inch of her body is in pain, but she remains conscious.

For those around her, it was only a matter of seconds before Kyori suddenly started to scream as if she was being tortured. Taking everyone by surprise, that terrifying scream lasts for second and the girl almost faints.

The dirt under Matsumoto raises, slowly bringing the woman up. A thick pillar of earth and stone sustaind her.
    "Your backup will not arrive in time. Stay where you are. Consider yourselves spared." His voice echoes. He sounds authoritarian and earnest, but still really confident. "This is over. Your mission is complete, your warehouse is secured with all it's cargo. Now step away from my employee."
    Last edited by dangelo; 2021-02-02 at 07:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259

ElfWarriorGuy

Yotsuda immediately runs towards Kyori, seeing the girl's state.
    "Genjutsu?! But it was so fast... What is going on?" He looks up to the enormous bird and it's rider, then to the genin. "This is insane."
    "You three, take Kyori and go. Kimiko, she's going to need medical attention as soon as possible." He doesn't give them time to contest. "Go find the support units. We're clear here. Mission completed, do you understand?"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Nara Kimiko
    Conditions: Hindered & 1 degree of damage.
    Chakra: 26/60
    HP: 1
    The wisps of shadow dissipate from her sword as Kimiko puts it back in the sheath. She picks up Kyori and takes her a few hundred yards (meters) away. Far enough to not be sucked into the potential fight but close enough to see what is happening and intervene if necessary.

She lays Kyori down and does what she can.

Show
    Expertise (Apothecary/Medicine): (1d20+5)[14]
    Treatment: (1d20+6)[26]
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2 | Chakra 3➡️0| Hero Points: 1➡️0

That man is here. Her revenge is right in front of her; she can feel him. She didn’t even have to look too hard; he came to her on a silver platter.

If only her body would cooperate.

She can twitch a few fingers- that’s fine. So what if she’s a little numb. She’ll be back on her feet in no time. Everything she worked so hard for is lined up.

She feels Kimiko lift her, and does her best to get onto her feet, but the hold is wrong. How are they going to fight if Kimi is carrying her?

Also, how are they going to fight if they’re moving away?

Her right fingers form a fist. She can barely move her hand a few inches away, but she winds up and pounds it against Kimiko’s back as she retreats.

No. That’s him. I have to. He killed- He’s mine. Put me down, dammit!

She’s not so surprised when Kimiko obliges(but why should she be, anyway?). She could do without being laid out flat, though. She can get up on her own, thought. Once her hand starts working.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2021-02-06 at 09:56 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262

Emiku takes a deep breath as the scream pierces her concentration. She looks at her companions but remains in her place as if it was normal. As if nothing had happened. She remains calm and poised, as her heart races.

She looks at the figure standing in the big bird and tries to recognize the man.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Who the hell is the man???
    Using Assessment (1d20+8)[26]
    Using Well Informed (1d20+6)[16]

Using recover action for tiredness

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Yazuko, terrified, exhausted and out of chakra does exactly what his sensei tells him to and retreats with the rest of the genin. He asses the threat and remains ready to help out however he can if he must, he really hopes he won't be needed though.

Spoiler
    Show

Chakra: 12/90

Assessment: (1d20+13)[28]

24. - Top - End - #264

ElfWarriorGuy

Kyori is in bad shape, her vital signs excessively low. A single dose of neropinephrine could get her back to action in a few minutes, but that's way too specific for Kimiko to have at the moment. Still, there's this secret chakra-fed herb cultivated by the Nara clan that can actually achieve the same effect if the victim chews on it's macerated leaves. These are very strong herbs, so Kimiko carries a single, delicate twig in her first-aid kit.

For those watching the clearing, the skirmish between Yotsuda and the amegakure's missing-nin looks like a sequence of blurry movements and kunai clashes. The kids can barely follow the general direction the fight is taking: it's not even clear if Yotsuda is winning or losing. At some point, the enemy feints and throws a kunai at Emiku, but Yotsuda teleports fast enough to intercept it. "Go! Now!" He barely has time to yell.

For Yazuko and Emiku, at least one thing is clear: this man is faster than anyone they could have faced during that mission. His style is at least comparable to the Gentle Fist, and they're not even sure if taijutsu is his specialty.

25. - Top - End - #265

Emiku says, almost in whisper to the others "We must trust sensei and go. Slowly away."

Then she tries to give Yotsuda some opening. She jumps in the air and swirls her umbrella as if doing a dance, or a Jutsu. Then she falls on the ground and puts her hand high moving it down.

Show

Emiku is trying to gain the others some time to leave.
    She is using deception to Daze the newcomer, making him lose an action. Deception (daze) (1d20+10)[11] vs the man's Deception, Insight, or Will defense, whichever has the highest bonus.

26. - Top - End - #266

ElfWarriorGuy

His eyes twitch towards Emiku before hurrying back to Yotsuda. A split-second: that was enough.

One of the newcomer's attacks finally connect, but it was only a clone and the real Yotsuda hits him from behind, getting the upper hand for a moment. They're fighting on top of the earth pillar that meant to rescue Matsumoto.

27. - Top - End - #267

ElfWarriorGuy

Yotsuda and the missing-nin leap back and forth across the clearing, missing each other by just a few inches every time. They're nothing but blurred shapes indistinctively attacking each other.
    "Emiku, what are you doing? Don't screw up trying to be a hero. Finish the damn mission now! These are orders from your taichou!"
    Last edited by dangelo; 2021-02-13 at 03:35 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268

Emiku smiles and nods to the older ninja "YESSIR" - As a prospective assassin she was strongly trained in the need for following orders - even if she didn't agree or understand them.

She picks a smokebomb and throws it, making sure she and her friends had cover escaping. "Let's go"

But before leaving, in the darkness provided by the smoke, she grabs the fallen curved dagger on the ground, hoping to study it and its poisons later. Then she moves near the other ypunglings and helps with the fallen companion, moving away from the fighting. Each step something hard... But she had to obey...

29. - Top - End - #269

ElfWarriorGuy

An explosive tag detonates behind Emiku as she retreats.

The knife is a masterwork of craftsmanship. It's made of some sort of special steel, but the girl's not sure about it's properties at the moment. Either way it's a fine blade.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2 | Chakra 0| Hero Points: 0

She’s just about ready to get to her feet when she’s scooped up again. She wriggles and writhes, but can’t seem to break the grip.

Hey. No. Wrong... way. I have to-.

Who is this? She isn’t sure. She’s only focused on one person, and she’s moving away from where she needs to be. And that only makes her angry.

Put. Me. Down.

She nearly escapes, as the air around her fills with her killing intent, her final desperate push being too much for her body to handle. She has a fleeting second of clarity, aware of wounds that she’d been ignoring and just how empty she feels with no chakra.

Then everything goes black.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2021-02-15 at 12:31 PM.