Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [M&M3e] Naruto

1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [M&M3e] Naruto

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 3-> 2| Hero Points

"Owww...."

She likes to think she's wittier than that, but it's been a pretty bad last few... indistinguishable increments of time.

The first thing she does, on instinct, is to try and use her senses to situate herself, but that o ly serves to worsen her headache. Instead, she reaches for her podao, planting the blade in the ground to get herself sort-of upright.

She wasn't hearing anything, and it hurt to open her eyes, so she leans back against a tree- how did she get here? That's convenient, at least- and breathes deeply until some of the pain goes away.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Taking the Recover action

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Nara Kimiko
    Chakra: 30/60
    Moving into a more favorable position Kimiko begins weaving hand seals. Snake, Ram, Boar, Horse, Bird.

As she claps her hands together "Wind Release: Gale Palm". A blast of wind roars forward from her position.

Show
    Reppusho no Jutsu (Gale Palm), Push: Move Object 4, Damaging, Area, Variable Area (Burst or Cone), Range (Close), Limited Direction (Away from character), Quirk (Chakra required)

Using cone area. Want to try to time it to throw the target into a tree trunk or something.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-11-18 at 03:08 AM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

As the cloud rogue nin leaps away, Kimiko dashes after him. He's aware of her presence and actively avoids getting caught between Kimiko and a tree. Her technique hits him diagonally, sending him off his trajectory for a moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kimiko rolls Acrobatics and gets a 6. A success could've pinned her target against a tree.
    Yazuko is up next.
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-11-18 at 10:58 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Yazuko sees the cloud ninja running away and starts to quickly think of how to stop him. He decides the best thing to do is to try trap them in a genjutsu and then move in.

Spoiler
    Show
    chakra: 72/90
    Yazuko is going to use his genjutsu trap which is a perception ranged affliction resisted by will and then with his move action move closer to the enemy.

5. - Top - End - #155

ElfWarriorGuy

Yazuko realizes before Kimiko that they're dealing with a clone. The "rogue nin" is easily trapped in the genjutsu, but in the following seconds his body and clothes melt into a puddle of mud.

A smoke grenade hidden inside the mud goes off, engulfing Kimiko and Yazuko.

On the other side of the battlefield, the real rogue nin comes out of the same tree trunk, dashing towards Kyori with a kunai in hand. Even while grappling with her senses, she can see the cloud of smoke that keeps her teammates from seeing what's going on and her enemy leaping at her direction.

Radio makes a high pitch noise...
    " ..coming back, I repeat, Yotsuda to-"

Kyori barely parries the first two slashes, her Podao training saving her life a couple of times. In a fierceful counter-slash, her blade cuts the man's body in half again.

A trick, of course. As the log's split in two perfect halves, the enemy's hands emerge from the dirt under Kyori's feet, pulling her down by her ankles. The ground collapses, burying the girl in the earth. With only her head exposed, the rogue nin "teleports" back to the surface.

The smokescreen vanishes. Among the trees, the rogue nin is casually standing next to Kyori's head. An explosive tag was placed on her forehead.

He lights up a cigarette.

"Finally, some time to breath. You're giving me a hard time, kids, I must admit. But it's been long enough, right? What do you think, um, Kyori, wasn't it? What's up with you?"
    He picks up her Podao from the ground and take a closer look at the weapon. "Not too much of a shinobi, uh? It's gonna look great hanging on my wall."

Spoiler
    Show
    The rogue nin attacked and grappled Kyori.
    She rolled Dodge (18) to resist the grapple, but still wasn't enough; Kyori is Defenseless and receives a hero point.
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-11-19 at 11:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2| Defenseless | Hero Points: 1

Well this is quite the pickle. Body in the ground, still half-deaf, explosive tag on her forehead... looks like stalling is the only option, here.

"WHAT!? YOU BLEW OUT MY EARDRUMS WITH WHATEVER YOU DID, SO I'M SORRY IF I CANT RESPOND PROPERLY!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Nara Kimiko
    Chakra: 37/60
    Cursing herself for allowing herself to be tricked by a clone Kimiko considers the situation. Considering Yazuko just arrived, more help might be on the way and it would probably be best to stall for time.

"Your the one that is jamming the radios, aren't you.".

Show
    Using an action to regain some chakra.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-11-20 at 11:39 PM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

8. - Top - End - #158

ElfWarriorGuy

He gives Kimiko a thumbs up. "Smart kid. Ever considered putting that mind to good use?" He fiddles around with Kyori's podao. "You now, besides working for that village."

"I might need a new apprentice after today. Our cause could use brave kids like you. And you would be way more powerful than with any village."

He looks from Kimiko to Yazuko and then Kyori. "I bet you could use some power."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yazuko still has an action this round.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'm powerful enough already and I'm a hidden leaf shinobi, I won't join the likes of you!" Yazuko replies with a hint of anger in his voice. He then tries to trap him in a genjutsu again to try and stall some time.

"This is bad I've already used almost half my chakra" Yazuko thinks to himself.

Spoiler
    Show

Chakra: 54/90
    Yazuko is going to use his genjutsu trap again, a perception ranged affliction resisted by will
    Last edited by Seandiggersby; 2020-11-21 at 12:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160

ElfWarriorGuy

Yazuko sees the rogue nin trying to free himself from the invisible wires he thinks are entangling him. An easy target, completely vulnerable. Yazuko throws a kunai at his heart and it kills him immediately.

For Kimiko and Kyori, things happen a little differently.

When Yazuko performed a handseal to execute his illusion technique, Kimiko realized there was something wrong. She didn't know exactly the boy's aptitudes, but throwing a kunai at the enemy without a distraction was useless, if not dangerous. Still, that's what he did.

But he didn't throw it at the enemy.

Coming from the woods, among the trees behind the rogue nin, Kobayashi Kaede's friendly face appears. Immediately, though, she spits blood when Yazuko's kunai punctures her chest and her body falls on the ground.

The clouds are so white.
    But why are you thinking about this now?
    Why are you laying on your back, looking at the sky?
    Actually everything is pure white and comfortable, as if you were an angel in heaven.
    But there was a fight, and people were in trouble.
    ...right?
    It's really hard to tell.

You open your eyes. That eerie feeling of being inside an abstract womb still weighing down your body.

The three genin are still in their positions when the second layer of illusion is finally broken. Yazuko's kunai apparently missed. Kaede is standing perfectly fine, no wounds, by Kyori's head. At their side, the rogue nin is wrapped in kousen, completely immovable and unconscious. Yotsuda is sitting on the man's back in lotus position with his eyes closed.

"I'm terribly sorry for taking so long to get back to you, kids. I can't believe what you did."
    He opens his eyes and displays a tired smile, finally breaking character. "I'm so proud of you."

Kaede delicately peels off the explosive tag from Kyori's forehead. "Are you um, are you okay?"

"You are Yazuko, right?" The Hyuga jonin asks. "I can't get in touch with your squad. What's their situation?"
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-11-21 at 08:55 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2| Defenseless | Hero Points: 1

"My head hurts, but I think my ears have stopped bleeding, so we can say I'm better than I was ten minutes ago?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"Ye that's right, I'm Yazuko Kirigiri. Last I checked my squad was dealing with a group of henchmen but sent me to check out the explosions" Yazuko replies.

"I hope they're OK" He thinks to himself.
    Last edited by Seandiggersby; 2020-11-22 at 05:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Nara Kimiko

"Sensei, you made it just in time. I think this one is using some sort of technique to block our radios.".

14. - Top - End - #164

ElfWarriorGuy

He nods. "I've managed to establish contact with HQ. Several jonin captains are still having trouble with the radio, but it seems to be wearing off. I think you might be right."

"We need to keep moving. Kimiko, get your med kit."
    As they talk, Yotsuda executes a healing technique that slowly starts to ease the pain on the girl's muscles. He asks Kimiko to take care of Kyori's physical bruises while he replenished her vitality from the inside.

"I don't know what happened to your squad, Yazuko, but we'll find out soon. Our new orders are to move forwards, towards the warehouse. All support units must close in so we don't lose any of them."

He imposes healing chakra towards Kyori's forehead, which feels like a strong anesthetic to her headache.

"Most of us faced common henchmen, me and Kaede took down twenty of them. I bet there are other rogue shinobi trying to escape, too. That can only mean that something went down at the warehouse."
    "We need to get closer so I can assess the situation with the byakugan. How are you feeling, Kyori?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Kyori is not Dazzled anymore.
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-11-25 at 01:49 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2| Defenseless, Dazzled | Hero Points: 1

She can't help but sigh as the cool chakra pulses into her, easing the pressure on her nerves.

"Ooh. That really makes things a lot better."

She stretches to work out a few kinks in her muscles from being trapped in the ground.

"I should still be good to fight for a while, so long as I have backup."
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2020-11-25 at 02:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"On my way here I ran into Inuzuka Santuro, they were heading towards the warehouse."

17. - Top - End - #167

From the nearby forest a red blur - no - a girl steps out and goes towards the gathered group.

She moves fast but with a composed movement as if every step was part of a complex and beautiful dance. You notice three things about her. First, she is wearing a very traditional red kimono and wooden clogs. She could be a courtesan or someone from the rich families. Second, she has a wagasa open protecting her from the sun. The wagasa is red and filled with contrasting hand drawings of flowers that spiral in a very hypnotic way. The third you only notice when she gets near. She has red hair and blue eyes, and little freckles. She was beautiful. The proportions of face and body allowed her to be one of the prettiest teens you’ve seen and imagine what kind of woman she would turn into.

She doesn't seem like a ninja, but sported the Konohagakure symbol at her waist and you had seen her before in town.

She moves towards the group and bowing says “Yotsuda Sama, I’m glad I have found you. Aburame Seishiro-sama sent me here to support your team. I am Emiku of the Uzumaki Clan. I don’t think I had the honor of talking to you before this moment, but your prowess and knowledge is well known.”

She looks to the other young ninjas and adds “Pleased to see you again.”
    Last edited by Darkstorm; 2020-11-26 at 12:40 PM.
    Creativity is my weapon of choice!

18. - Top - End - #168

ElfWarriorGuy

Yotsuda looks worried.
    "Good to have you with us, Emiku. What's the situation over there? Is everyone safe?"

Then he replies to Yazuko "I sent a shadow clone to meet Asuma, and you are right. Santuro broke formation."
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-11-26 at 11:04 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Emiku smiles making her face shine "We were ambushed by a rogue nin of Iwagakure."

She gestures slightly emphasizing the story. The melodic rhythm of her voice speeds transmitting thrrills and emotion “She was a dangerous and evil ninja that combined taijutsu techniques with Doton techniques" she points to the ground making gestures of spikes and explosions.

“Her ground spikes caught Hidehito-san as he charged, but the worst of it was availed by Seishiro-sama. With his help, and” she added with a frown “the help of his bugs, the nin was always under control.”

“Seishiro-sama sent us, the three students, to help nearby teams, while he remained with the prisoner and advanced towards the warehouse. He sends his regards, and pointed he had a new bug you might find interesting.”

She shrugs and slightly twists the wagasa making it twirl.

“How are things here Yotsuda-sama and how can I help?”

20. - Top - End - #170

ElfWarriorGuy

"I'll report that to HQ immediately." Yotsuda replies. "And I'm relieved."

"Splitting up was a bad idea. I wasn't expecting shinobi, even less jonin-level opponents."

"We don't know what happened down at the warehouse, so a secondary elite squad was deployed. They should be close now, we have to get there and support them. Seishiro, Asuma and the others must be moving now."

"As a medical-nin, I have to go where the fight is happening. You will be dangerously close to the enemy."
    He looks at the whole team. "I am sorry, kids, but I cannot relieve you of this duty."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Yazuko is afraid of the fact that he has to be so close to the enemy again but he pushes the thoughts out of his mind.

"You don't need to apologise, we all have to do our part, and besides we might be kids but we can handle ourselves. So what's the plan?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Nara Kimiko

After pulling out her first aid kit Kimiko takes a look at Kyori's injuries.

Show
    Treatment (1d20+4)[16]
    -2 modifier included in the roll for only having a first aid kit.

23. - Top - End - #173

Emiku just smiles and nods as if she was invited to tea ceremony or other social event.

Being in danger didn't seem to faze her a bit. Of course, she probably wasn't in danger moments before as the rest of the younglings here.

"We should go, or else we'll miss all the fun"

24. - Top - End - #174

ElfWarriorGuy

Kimiko applies an ointment to Kyori's bruises; being crushed by rocks was a big deal, but the anesthetic effect worked wonders along with sensei's technique.
    "Good, Kimiko. I might need your help again when we get there. Be prepared."

He turns to the whole group. "I will lead the vanguard and scout with the byakugan. Kyori, take the rear. We must make sure we don't miss a hidden enemy."

25. - Top - End - #175

ElfWarriorGuy

The squad dashes through the woods, leaping between large trees.
    "Emiku, Yazuko, I need a quick rundown on your abilities."

Yotsuda takes a detour and lead the group to the top of a cliff. Up there they can see the warehouse just half a mile away, surrounded by trees, and even guess where the other squads would be.

"The situation is not good." Yotsuda reports. "Strike team is down. I see three enemies defending the warehouse, all rogue nin from the Leaf. They took Inuzuka Santuro as hostage."
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-11-29 at 03:52 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Yazuko answerd Yotsuda. "I'm a genjutsu specialist and I can move really fast for a short while"

"so what are we going to do?"

27. - Top - End - #177

Emiku looks at the sensei and twirls the umbrella in her hand making it spin slightly.

"Seishiro-sama was training me in the arts of diplomacy and court interaction. I also picked up some knowledge in plants and animals and their use in the making of poisons. But for me fighting is always a fall back plan, not the main one." she smiles and shows a sembom with a blue tip "Fighting is a blunt way to solve things."

The small girl moves gracefully along the others, while maintaining pose and composture. Red kimono and red wagasa blurring to the naked eye.

She tries to see the ninjas and asks almost in a whisper "Leaf nins? So do we know their abilities?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    If Emiku can see the ninjas she'll try to use acessment to also see their powers/abilities

28. - Top - End - #178

ElfWarriorGuy

The squad leaps off the cliff, rushing to the warehouse. "We will have to find out."

When they reach the treeline, the kids can finally see the warehouse and the three enemies in front of it. Inuzuka Nituro, head of the Clan, lays seriously wounded on the ground. His two teammates are down, one of them most certainly dead. The large black wolf is trying to help Nituro to get up, and the Inuzuka kid is laying on the ground behind the enemies.

The metallic scent of blood is stronger than the rookies expected. Some nearby trees have been incinerated by explosive tags, which left big craters on the ground. The warehouse itself, however, looks untouched.

Spoiler
    Show
    Being on the battlefield is even more terrifying when you're losing. Everyone except Emiku is impaired (demorilzed).
    Rolls.

One of the rogue nin is a short-haired woman, the two others are covering their entire heads. The apparent enemy captain is holding a bloody kunai and is looking really confidant.

"Daro... how useless..." She mocks the wolf. "My poison is already inside his body, it's a matter of time before he's down."

"Of course," She goes on. "I can give you the antidote, provided you stall the other units and let us get away. If you don't," She nods at Santuro. "I'm afraid I'm gonna have to kill this one. How about a deal?"

Daro and Nituro lock eyes for a moment. They never had a doubt about what would have to be done, but even then the wolf almost hesitated.
    Saving your family or finishing the mission?

The wolf kept his stance in front of Nituro. "In the name of the Lord of Fire" He repeats: "You are surrounded. Resisting is useless. Surrender immediately."

The woman sighs. "Kill the boy." She orders.

One of the others picks up a kunai and prepares to deliver a coup de grace. That's when Yotsuda's command bring the kids back to reality.

"I will stop that one to save the boy, but I must rush back to treat Nituro. Kyori, Emiku, you will have to take the frontline and cover Yazuko. Kimiko, I need you to check if the other two are still alive. Save them if you can."

He leaps out to battle immediately afterwards, not leaving any time for questions. Just before the rogue nin stabs the boy, Yotsuda shows up landing a kick in the back of his head. The man falls unconscious immediately, and Yotsuda uses the openin to grab the boy and body-flicker back to where Daro is.
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-12-01 at 01:56 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Nara Kimiko
    Conditions: Impaired (demoralized)
    Standing dazed for a few seconds by how this mission has turned for the worse, Kimiko is shaken out of it by Yotsuda and she moves in to see what she can do.

Show
    Treatment (1d20+2)[5]
    -4 modifier included in the roll for Impaired and only having a first aid kit.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-12-01 at 03:10 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180

Emiku smiles and says to the others "I'll catch their attention. Use that opportunity to strike with the best you have."

She starts to jump and disapears in a red blur to reapear nearer to the rogue ninjas.

She pops open the wagasa and starts talking to the ninjas "So you are the big bad ninja leader that's behind all of this. And you both her pawns. My name name's Emiku Uzumaki and I remember reading about you from the Leaf files." she bluffs pointing at the woman "And it's easy to deduct who they are too."

She moves the umbrella in soft circular patterns, making her harder to see, in almost a ritual dance.

"You see, the poison you used is something I mastered two years ago. Really basic stuff." she shows a small smile.

Spoiler: Actions:
    Show

Advantages things:
    Assessment - What has she watched about the ninjas combat capabilities? (GM does secret insight checks)
    Well informed - What has she learned and heard about this ninjas? Investigation: (1d20+6)[10]

Turn:
    Move action: body flicker towards the enemies (chakra: 86/90)
    Standard action: attempt to Daze the leader Deception: (1d20+10)[29]