New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [M&M3e] Naruto

1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [M&M3e] Naruto

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2| Impaired (Demoralized) | Hero Points: 1

For a second, she's back in the ruins of her monastery. The ground strewn with craters and broken bodies. The scent of blood in the air. Twisted remnants of chakra that she now understands as the leftovers from performing ninjutsu. It's hard to stay in the present, the image in her head putting her back to her childhood home.

Then Emi, the new girl (or is she a sensei? She seems at least old enough to be a senpai, at least) gives her a direction, and Kyori catches back up. Eyeing the target Emi is working, Kyori moves to line up, taking a moment to ready herself as she prepares to let the projectile fly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move and take the Aim action.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2020-12-02 at 02:10 PM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Impared(demoralised)

Yazuko is overcome by fear at seeing all the bodies, the possibility of death has become even more apparent for him now.

Yazuko hangs back and throws a shuriken at the leader of the group of rogue ninja.

Spoiler
    Show

Chakra 54/90
    Assessment on the rogue ninja(DM makes secret opposed insight Vs deception)

Move action:draws shuriken

Standard action: throws a shuriken, dc 19 toughness, homming, crits on 19-20
    (1d20+6)[21]
    Last edited by Seandiggersby; 2020-12-03 at 10:59 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Thumbs up Re: [M&M3e] Naruto

The enemy captain gives Emiku a tired smile. "Heh. I wouldn't expect less. Honestly, I was trying to get away as soon as possible... but this opportunity is too good. It has been years since I last checked on the new generations."

She raises her kunai, assuming a fighting stance. Her knife is customized with an undulating blade, which Emiku recognizes immediately as the signature of Kawahari Matsumoto, the Green Snake of the Leaf. She was a jonin who fought for Konoha in the Third War, about ten years ago.

"So you're the prodigies of the Leaf, uh? Let's see what you can do."

A shuriken comes out of nowhere, but the enemies react at the same time: the masked man moves in front of the woman and deflects Yazuko's shuriken, than immediately lays down a smokescreen around them (including the one who was knocked out by Yotsuda).

Kimiko's hands get soaked in blood as she sutures the jonin's wounds. He's losing blood fast and there isn't much that can be done, but it's not a lost cause yet.

"Fall in!" Yotsuda says. "Defensive formation! Daro is covering me, one of you must cover Kimiko."

Spoiler
    Show
    Demoralizing effect is gone (1 round)

Assessment: Yazuko's 21 would've been enough to hit Matsumoto; apparently the other one's Dodge bonus is higher.
    They're both jonin-level enemies.

Kimiko needs to succeed on a Treatment check DC 18 before the end of her next round to save the leaf jonin.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Nara Kimiko
    Conditions: Fatigued (hindered)
    Chakra: 37/60
    Blood, there is so much blood. Despite knowing how much blood the average human body contains, and spending hours practicing she was not prepared for this much blood.

With a pale face and shaking hands Kimiko does what she can to save the jonin while fighting back the urge to vomit and faint.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Treatment (1d20+6)[22]
    Going to use extra effort to negate the -2 modifier for only having a first aid kit.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'll defend Kimiko" Yazuko says to Yotsuda.

Yazuko throws another shuriken at the rogue ninja and then rushes over to cover Kimiko.

Spoiler
    Show

Chakra 54/90
    Action: throws a shuriken at the rogue ninja's leader again. (1d20+8)[12]
    Also since his shuriken has homming I get to reroll the attack for the last shuriken (1d20+8)[26]
    Move action: moves infront of Kimiko

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2| Impaired (Demoralized) | Hero Points: 1

She almost wanted to laugh, her previous shell shock dissipating in her mirth. She had been planning on employing her own smoke bomb at some point- this just made things easier.

Sure, she couldn't see into the cloud, but her ears were giving her all the information she needed.

Show
    End Him Rightly! (Attack with Rosary Pommel): (1d20+11)[14]

7. - Top - End - #187

"Kawahari Matsumoto" she says loudly, as she twirls her umbrella over the area, circling it "a pleasure."

"Why did you leave the Leaf if you are so interested in what happens there? You were... Reveared! A model to some!"

As she moves the umbrela she uses the cover it gave to pick a green painted Sebon, covered in Bulfrog venon. If it hit it would make the attacker more suspceptable to further attacks and even Genjutsu.

So she makes a move towards the back making them believe she was retreating to take advantage.
    Show

Move: Pick Poisoned Sebon (weaken will)
    Standard: Try to feint the other ninja (not Matsumoto) - Deception vs Deception or insight (1d20+10)[18]
    Creativity is my weapon of choice!

8. - Top - End - #188

ElfWarriorGuy

The quick masked man leaps out of the cloud of smoke, dodging Yazuko's shuriken with a quick sidestep before charging at him with a kunai in each hand.

He lands right in front on Yazuko, who barely manages to raise his own knife before being disarmed with a single blow. The second attack would certainly wound him, but his shuriken went back at the right moment; the masked man decides not to engage with Yazuko, rather backflipping away from the shuriken.

On the other side of the battlefield, Matsumoto comes out of nowhere, immediately running up to Emiku.

"How nostalgic. You sound like that stupid old man you still call a Hokage." She says before unleashing a barrage of punches against Emiku. The girl just can't keep up as Matsumoto dances around her while delivering quick blows.

Yazuko's shuriken maked the turn and his target steps back, but suddenly the boy notices a trap: a piece of wire connecting Yazuko's homming shuriken and the masked man's finger. Somehow he managed to attach kousen to it and redirect it in midair, and it's flying straight at the boy.

In the last split sedond, Yazuko looks down and the shuriken ricochets off of his forehead protector.

A copy of the masked man also comes out of the smoke, a perfect solid clone who jumps in front of Matsumoto and parries the Rosary Pommel - except he's a second too late, and the projectile actually pierces his chest; the clone vanishes in a puddle of mud.

"Good, kids, but watch out. You can only go so far with direct attacks." Daro, the grumpy wolf, grunts to the genin.

There's no time to focus on the first guy anymore. Even not sure if her treatment would be enough to keep him from bleeding out, Kimiko turns to the other wounded jonin from Nituro's squad.

The second guy was poisoned by needles that pierced his left ankle. Kimiko immediately identifies it as a strong foreign poison, and a very aggressive one. If not treated, the jonin's leg will necrotize in a matter of minutes, and will kill him in an hour.

Yotsuda could be able to reverse the poison's effects. Best case scenario, Yotsuda saves Nituro and still has time to save the jonin's leg. If something goes wrong, however, she's gonna put the man's life in risk.

Alternatively, she could amputate his leg on the spot. It would save his life, besides putting a painful end to his career. And it would be the safer way to guarantee that no one dies in the mission.

The thick cloud of smoke remains.

Spoiler
    Show
    Both Yazuko and Emiku are hit, but not hurt;
    The masked man is not paying attention to Emiku's senbon;
    Rolls
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-12-05 at 06:51 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189

Emiku moves gracefully trying to dodge the machine gun like punches the older woman was thowing her way. As she rolls to the left the experience of Matsumoto wins, and the fist strikes her. Emiku rolls at the last second, and it strikes the armored belt, softening the blow.

For a split second her image of composure drops. To Emiku it was clear - the older woman was better at Taijutsu than her. The asashin style she was using, was still underdeveloped. She was quick, but not enough.

She quickly gestures some hand seals and disapeers from the woman's path, giving her a breather, and while doing so she uses the advantage she had won over the other ninja and unleashes the senbon, hoping the man wasn't a clone.

Show

Here's hoping:

Move - Flicker away - Emiku continues half concealed due to Wagasa giving any attacker -2
    Standard action - throw Senbon against the feinted male ninja - Attack (1d20+6)[15] vs half defense due to feint.
    If it hits - damage 6 vs Toughness and weaken 6 (will) vs Fortitude

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Nara Kimiko
    Chakra: 37/60
    Moving from one injured ninja to the next, Kimiko continues ding what she can.
    "Sensei, This man is poisoned, but I do not have the antidote to treat it with me. I don't think I can save him."
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

11. - Top - End - #191

ElfWarriorGuy

Kage Bunshin no jutsu!

"Fool!" The wolf grunts at Yotsuda. "Stop wasting your chakra like that! How do you plan to win?"

Yotsuda's shadow clone shows up by Kimiko's side. "I won't let you carry this burden by yourself. But be careful, Kimiko. I'm dividing my chakra by making these clones."

The clone rushes to treat the man's leg. "Go! Help your teammates in the battlefield. I need a few more minutes to save them."

Spoiler
    Show
    One hero point awarded to Kimiko for the complication: Sensei's chakra pool is now limited
    Yazuko, Kyori and Kimiko still have their actions this round
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-12-07 at 05:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Yazuko observes the fight, deciding to try and stop matsumoto for as long as he can. He attempts to trap her in a genjutsu.

Spoiler
    Show

Chakra: 36/90
    Standard action: he is going to use his genjutsu bind dc 16 will

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Nara Kimiko
    Chakra: 33/60
    HP: 1
    Getting into position next to her allies and facing away from the enemy for a second to try to hide her hands from the opponents Kimiko begins weaving hand seals. Snake, Ram, Boar, Horse, Bird. She looks at her allies and nods that she is ready to release the technique hoping that they see the bird hand seal and understand that she is going to try to disperse the smoke cloud with a wind release and they can coordinate attacks.

Show
    Readying Gale Palm so that others can attack in unison when the smoke clears, or maybe even try to combine ninjutsu to make a Team Attack.

Reppusho no Jutsu (Gale Palm), Push: Move Object 4, Damaging, Area, Variable Area (Burst or Cone), Range (Close), Limited Direction (Away from character), Quirk (Chakra required)

Using cone area.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2| Normal | Hero Points: 0

She groans inwardly. She was going to to figure out a way to keep these shinobi from tricking her with weird super clones. Assuming she gets out of this alive.

Putting on a burst of speed, she rushes into the fray and scoops her pommel up from the ground (she’d have to work on a solution to that, too), turning the motion into a handspring and leaping above her enemy’s head. While above him, she reaches into her equipment pouch, pulls a veritable handful of senbon, and throws them right down onto him in a rain of pointy needles.

She lands in a roll and moves to Emi’s side.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move with Chakra-Enhanced Speed and attack with Senbon Storm.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2020-12-11 at 08:17 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195

ElfWarriorGuy

When Emiku moved away from Matsumoto, the woman tagged along immediately, and would have been able to attack the girl if it wasn't for Kyori's senbon storm. It forces Matsumoto to back off, leaving a replacement log behind and hiding away one more time - probably in the cloud of smoke again.

Kimiko immediately uses her gale palm to dissipate the smokescreen, revealing (and destroying) another masked man's mud clone there, just waiting for the right moment to attack; the kids can barely see Matsumoto's trail in the smoke, but it's clear that she's heading inside the Warehouse while carrying something heavy. The first guy (who fell unconscious at the beginning) is not there anymore.

Although Yazuko had worked on his genjutsu more than any other classmate in the academy, he couldn't do the hand seals fast enough. When the masked man notices the boy is preparing a technique, he launches himself forward in that jonin lightning speed and interrupts Yazuko's jutsu.

"Using a jutsu right in front of your enemy, kid? That was a bad idea, uh?" The man mocks Yazuko as he runs at the boy; Suddenly he notices Emiku's senbon flying straight at him from an angle he wasn't paying attention at the moment; Instead of stepping back to avoid it, however, he leaps forward and takes it anyway.

The masked rogue nin grabs both of Yazuko's wrists, keeping his hands in place and making it impossible for him to use his genjutsu bind. Emiku's poisoned senbon hit his thigh and get stuck there. There's no way he could resist the poison with such a deep puncture wound, but it's not enough to restrain his physical capabilities.

"One step further, kids, and I'll break this little boy's arms!" He yells at the rest of the battlefield. "Don't try me, I'm having a really bad day."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yazuko is Immobile (grabbed);

Complication: Jonin are fast!
    Masked man reacted before Yazuko could use his genjutsu (no chakra expenses though) - a hero point

Complication: Can't use hand seals
    He can still fight or do anything else without his hands (be creative!) - another hero point
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-12-11 at 10:41 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2| Force of Personality: Awareness 1, Presence 4 | Chakra 13->9| Hero Points: 0

She groans outwardly, this time, the frustration only slightly exaggerated.

What is it you guys and threatening to kill kids? We already dealt with this situation like 3 minutes ago. Hell, that guy at least had the creativity to trap me in the dirt and slap an Explosive Tag on my forehead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activate Force of Personality and Taunt

(1d20+4)[19]

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Nara Kimiko
    Chakra: 33/60
    Not wanting to risk Yazuko's arms being broken, Kimiko waits for an opening.

Show
    Defend action
    Ready a move action to draw my Ninjato if Yazuko is free or hurt.

18. - Top - End - #198

Emiku thinks the situation through. Delaying wouldn't bring anything good, as the older ninja would be in advantage while Matsumoto escaped...
    She felt underprepared, but... she had to do something.

Emiku reaches for a sleep dart behind her umbrella, and tries to follow Kyori and confuse the man, hoping the venon would still be taking effect.

"You... You are evil." she screams and makes a small sob "Why are you doing it?".

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

move: Pick sleep dart
    Standard: Feint in preparation for next turn Deception (1d20+10)[26]

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"Are you really so scared of me that you can't fight me with my hands free?" Yazuko speaks up trying not to show his fear of the masked man.

Show
    chakra 54/90
    Going to use a team check to help Kyori taunt him.
    (1d20+12)[13]

20. - Top - End - #200

ElfWarriorGuy

"So you're that kind of genin."

He lets go of Yazuko's wrists, bodyflickering away from him and landing in front of the warehouse. Matsumoto is still inside, doing god knows what.

The masked man raises two more mud clones. "You asked for a fair fight? Come on, then. Now our numbers are even." The three copies stand perfectly still in the same position.

In the backline, Yotsuda finally breaks the chakra imposing technique he was executing on Inuzuka Nituro. His shadow clone is still working on the other jonin's leg, keeping the poison at bay for as long as possible. The black wolf Daro is covering him.

"We must deal with this decoy now and fast. I'm going in, but those clones are going to slow me down. We need to coordinate our attacks."

"He is more susceptible to your illusions now, Yazuko, thanks to Emiku's poison. Hopefully he's not aware of that; if you can bind him even for a second it will be enough for me to knock him out, provided the two clones are down. It would be safer to use my own genjutsu, but I'm afraid I've used too much of my chakra already and I'm saving it for the Green Snake." He looks at the rest of the team. "Watch out, mud clones are fragile but are just as deadly as the user."

Yotsuda joins the frontline. "You should have ran away with the Green Snake." He calmly tells the masked man. "As a former Leaf shinobi, you know what your dealing with. You can still surrender, as I'm encouraging you to.

Yotsuda raises his hand, transitioning smoothly to the gentle fist stance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Masked man is Impaired (demoralized);
    Kimiko draws her sword
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-12-18 at 12:00 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Nara Kimiko
    Chakra: 26/60
    Channeling Yin chakra into her Ninjato, Kimiko's blade begins to darken absorbing the surrounding light as it is writhed in shadows.

Once her teammates are ready she moves forward and takes a swing at one of the clones.

Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[18]
    Ninjato with Kage: Hien (Shadow: Flying Swallow)
    - Damage 6 (Slashing)
    - Multiattack 6, Improved Critical 2, Improved Defense, Penetrating 2
    - Secondary Effect, Alternate Damage 6 (Yin), Alternate Resistance (Fortitude), Insidious

Multiattack on single target: Make your attack check normally. If successful, increase the attack’s resistance check DC by +2 for two degrees of success, and +5 for three or more. This circumstance bonus does not count against power level limits.

22. - Top - End - #202

Emiku curses as the opening she had oppened was lost. But Yotsuda-sama was right.

He had the best chance of eliminating the jonin opponent.

So she swirls and picks an all red senbon from her umbrella - a metal senbon entwinned with Red Cobra Venom - and throws it towards the clone that was alone, her movements fluid and natural. A red flash moves out of her hand.

Show

Move: pick Senbon
    Standard: attack clone (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage 6 + weaken (dodge) 6

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2| Chakra Enhanced Strength & Chakra Enhanced Speed: Awareness -2, Strength 5 | Chakra 9->2| Hero Points: 0

She tracks the real one with her senses, and, once he stand still, she races toward him, pulling what little chakra she has left to the forefront. She telegraphs a wild slash at his head with her Podao, but instead she puts her fists together and pulses out a harsh wave of chakra as she passes by.

Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra-Enhanced Speed and Strength, Move-by Action to Chakra Burst.

She isn’t actually Feinting here; it just represents the opponent’s Impairment.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Yazuko throws a shuriken at the clone that hasn't yet been hit by an attack to try and take them out so he can bind the real one in a genjutsu safely. He then uses a substitution jutsu to move away and keep himself safer from attack at the same time.

Spoiler
    Show

Chakra 55/90

Standard action: shuriken: homming, crits on 19-20, dc 19 toughness
    (1d20+8)[10]

Move action: Substitution jutsu: teleport 2, limited to places that can be reached normally, linked with concealment 6(all visual, all auditory), increased action(move), limited decoy clones, limited to until hit, quirk(chakra required)

25. - Top - End - #205

ElfWarriorGuy

Just as Emiku's target dashes towards her, the girl swiftly throws a senbon that goes right through the clone's waist, reducing it to a pile of mud; wouldn't be a lethal wound on the real one, but it's more than enough to dispatch this clone.

Meanwhile, the other clone dodges Kimiko's multiple cuts, ducking under or spinning over her slashes in unbelievable speed.

The same clone just sidesteps to dodge Yazuko's shuriken, but suddenly Yotsuda shows up behind him. The masked man's taijutsu is not enough to keep up with both Kimiko and her sensei, and quickly Yotsuda lands a spinning kick that throws him on the ground; before he could even think about recovering, Kimiko's blade cuts through the mud and destroys it.

The man's mind is blurred under the effect of Emiku's toxin, so Kyori's chakra burst hits and pushes him away a few meters.
    "I never heard about such a technique back when I was in the Leaf. I should have taken you alive sooner... now that's not an option anymore."

"Enough." Yotsuda says. "You're completely outnumbered."

The masked man takes a step back. "Sorry, but no." He turns around, getting ready to run away into the warehouse. "Matsumoto-san needs my help."

"I can see the Green Snake." Yotsuda reports, his white eyes penetrating the thick walls of the warehouse. "Pay attention, kids: She can't run away the other direction, we have more units closing the perimeter. Her only option is to defeat us quickly and escape the siege, which means that they're not trying to buy time. If the Green Snake retreated, it was only to pull off her final trick. She needs to end this as soon as possible, and you can bet she's coming with everything she got."

He gives his apprentices a kind look. "Do your best. She clearly needs the other one to keep her safe, their synergy is impressive but very flawed. If we explore those flaws, we win."

Yotsuda transitions to a more defensive stance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yotsuda joins Kimiko in a Team Check;
    Masked Man suffers one degree of damage from Kyori's attack.
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-12-22 at 01:06 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206

Emiku nods and smiles. The time was now, before the snake had her chance.

She looks at the other youngsters and says softly but with a dark streak "Let's finish him."

She waits for the others to join her in a taijutsu battle against the fallen ninja, hoping his injuries and poison would make him susceptible to their attack.

She jumps and dives towards the man, opening the umbrella before crashing and moving around the man, stricking him quickly and almost impossible to see.

Show

Hoping for a team attack (TA) here. Taijutsu/weapons are similar and able to be used in TA.

Move: move near the man
    Standard: Hold action for TA. As we're all in the same init count now, I think I can roll.
    Asashin taijutsu Attack (1d20+7)[13]

27. - Top - End - #207

ElfWarriorGuy

Daro, the black wolf, teams up with Emiku; he jumps behind the masked man to attack him.

(1d20+8)[16] Daro's Aid standard action
    (1d20+4)[11] Masked man's toughness (Dodge 22)

Edit: Masked man suffers two degrees of failure to soak Emiku's damage effect. He's Dazed until the end of his next round and has a -2 penalty to further checks against damage;
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-12-30 at 04:44 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyori
    Damage Ranks 2| Recover Chakra: +2 to active Defenses| Chakra 2->9| Hero Points: 0

Kyori enters last, blocking the exit to prevent any escapes, and taking the time to steady herself and try to replenish what chakra she can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Recover Chakra Action

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Nara Kimiko
    Chakra: 26/60
    With the mud clone destroyed Kimiko moves on to the next target.

Show
    Joining the team attack if possible.

Attack: (1d20+6)[9]
    Ninjato with Kage: Hien (Shadow: Flying Swallow)
    - Damage 6 (Slashing)
    - Multiattack 6, Improved Critical 2, Improved Defense, Penetrating 2
    - Secondary Effect, Alternate Damage 6 (Yin), Alternate Resistance (Fortitude), Insidious

Multiattack on single target: Make your attack check normally. If successful, increase the attack’s resistance check DC by +2 for two degrees of success, and +5 for three or more. This circumstance bonus does not count against power level limits.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Yazuko throws some shuriken to help the others attack.

Spoiler
    Show

Joining the team attack
    Shuriken: ranged damage 3(strength based), accurate 4, homming, improved critical.
    Using accurate attack for +2 to hit - 2 to dc
    (1d20+10)[23]