Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Question Where is Menzoberranyr?

The Magic in the Blood feat says one of the regions you need to be from is: elf (Menzoberranyr). Where on the map is Menzoberranyr located? I tried a google and all I get is Menzoberranzan.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Where is Menzoberranyr?

I believe "Menzoberranyr" means "one from Menzoberranzan". Like adding -n to the end of a county to indicate a person is from there.
    Knowledge brings the sting of disillusionment, but the pain teaches perspective.
    "You know it's all fake right?"
    "...yeah, but it makes me feel better."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Yes, that. It's not saying your race doesn't matter, but you need to be from the district of Elf known as Menzoberranyr; it's saying you need to be a Menzoberranyr elf, which is the same as an elf from Menzoberranzan.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

PGtF page 22, the Elf Regions list has Menzoberranyr listed for Drow only. I suppose you could be a different type of Elf from a Drow city in the Underdark, but you'd better write into your backstory that you're a former slave or nobody is buying it.