New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Fyraltari watches The Clone Wars (2008) for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    C3-PO and R2 are also there, why not?
    That remknds me, the show could have been titled "Oh, And R2-D2 And C-3PO Are There For Some Reason" instead.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-06-11 at 04:42 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar Jarak View Post
    The original Clone Wars boasts a Talz Jedi. I want to say that there's another Talz in one of the movies as well, probably in ANH.
    Ah, yes, that's the thing!

snip
    {scrubbed}
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-06-11 at 05:44 PM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

[scrub the post, scrub the quote]
    Sorry about that. My bad, won't happen again.

That reminds me, the show could have been titled "Oh, And R2-D2 And C-3PO Are There For Some Reason" instead.
    I don't mind R2-D2 and C-3P0 wandering around in the background, but when they get the spotlight, interesting things tend to not happen.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-06-11 at 05:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64

I don't mind R2-D2 and C-3P0 wandering around in the background, but when they get the spotlight, interesting things tend to not happen.
    I don't even mind when they're showcased, I just dislike how they are shoehorned in for no reason other than Lucas wanted it. Of course, that complaint is more for the entire prequels, but still.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Peelee
    I don't even mind when they're showcased, I just dislike how they are shoehorned in for no reason other than Lucas wanted it. Of course, that complaint is more for the entire prequels, but still.
    So much this. I don't dislike them, but the prequels needed new and different droids.

I always enjoyed Bollux and Blue Max from the original Han Solo trilogy. They were interesting, creative, served a purpose in the story, and fit the Star Wars style while being unique in their own right. It's a shame they were never incorporated into anything afterwards.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

I will note that George Lucas decided his cameo character (Baron Papanoida) was Pantoran rather than Wroonian after this episode aired.

The only alien left is Senator Chichu who is dejected by the whole thing. The Jedi ask her if she can't appeal to the senate so that they'd get authority to intervene. She can't without Cho's authorization... or the Speaker of the Assembly's. So this is a constitutional monarchy, then?
    Spoiler: An episode a couple seasons later
    Show
    Baron Papanoida took over Cho's job, so I'm not entirely sure how monarchy-y (monarchish? monarchesque?) the whole thing is. Then again, baron is a noble title....And as you said earlier, "queen" is a title for an elected official elsewhere in the setting....
    In conclusion, heck if I know; could be some sort of semi-presidential system for all I can tell.

Rex, five clones and the useless load have managed to flee to some natural ice bridge but it collapses under two speeders (how does antigravity even work?).
    Based solely on the name, I imagine repulsorlifts generate lift by repelling the solid ground below them, and "equal and opposite reaction" with the sheer mass differential means the repulsorlift floats relative to the virtually-unmoved planet, in apparent defiance of gravity.

I think they could have explained that the planet held some kind of resource that was important to Pontara's economy which would have neatly explained Cho's insistance that the planet remained his people's property as well as the Republic and Separatist interest for the planet (what where they even doing there, anyway?).
    C-3PO's whining at the beginning was to touch on this: Cho requested the Republic have an outpost there. Past that, I'd have to speculate to the point of making good-sounding guesses....
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Spoiler: An episode a couple seasons later
    Show
    Baron Papanoida took over Cho's job, so I'm not entirely sure how monarchy-y (monarchish? monarchesque?) the whole thing is. Then again, baron is a noble title....And as you said earlier, "queen" is a title for an elected official elsewhere in the setting....
    In conclusion, heck if I know; could be some sort of semi-presidential system for all I can tell.
    It's quite clearly a Frontarchy.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Are you sure 3PO showing up was George's call? Dave Filoni loves his pointless cameos.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    Are you sure 3PO showing up was George's call? Dave Filoni loves his pointless cameos.
    Him and his counterpart being in the prequels at all was definitely pointless and Lucas's fault at any rate.
    Which made Obi-Wan Kenobi a droidist on top of a liar and necessited 3Po had his mind wiped for no reason.
    Forum Wisdom

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Him and his counterpart being in the prequels at all was definitely pointless and Lucas's fault at any rate.
    Which made Obi-Wan Kenobi a droidist on top of a liar and necessited 3Po had his mind wiped for no reason.
    On the other hand it does mean that R2-D2 is seemingly from Naboo and close to the Padme who was close to Palpatine meaning that we can imagine:
    1: R2-D2 was Palpatine's spy all along and that everything that he was a part of was therefore part of Palpatine's machinations.
    2: The entire series is merely the battle between two rivals extending their planarary conflict to a galactic stage, Palpatine and R2-D2 (in one of the RPG books they were both the joint smartest characters listed).

... droidist ...
    Well he did say he never owned a droid ... which is true, he just didn't mention that he knew who did and they frequently hung around together.

But I think this is just another little bit where every Star Wars movie after the first just tries to harm it a little bit ... they know they can't equal it so they try to drag it down.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

It just dawned on me that it’s not a question of if Chewabacca is going to show up but when he inevitably will.
    Forum Wisdom

12. - Top - End - #72

It just dawned on me that it’s not a question of if Chewabacca is going to show up but when he inevitably will.
    Spoiler: Fun fact, this spoiler box contains a single word.
    Show
    Yep!

Also, text in the spoiler tag itself should count towards the character limit, IMO.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

I couldn't remember if he did or didn't, so I looked it up.

Spoiler: Answer - mildly expanded
    Show

No does.
    Seemingly for only a single episode and seemingly does not meet any of the movie cast (that is a bit vague from how wookieepedia mentions and I am not intending a rewatching anytime soon).

14. - Top - End - #74

I don't think I mentioned this, but I'm actually going over a rewatch to keep up with the thread.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I don't think I mentioned this, but I'm actually going over a rewatch to keep up with the thread.
    I’ve been meaning to ask, are you keeping one step ahead of me to have the episode in mind when reading my post or the other way round? Or just watching at your own pace?
    Forum Wisdom

16. - Top - End - #76

I’ve been meaning to ask, are you keeping one step ahead of me to have the episode in mind when reading my post or the other way round? Or just watching at your own pace?
    All of the above, kind of.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

All of the above, kind of.
    That sounds a lot like option 3.
    Forum Wisdom

18. - Top - End - #78

That sounds a lot like option 3.
    I'm doing a lot of sanding/filling/painting over and over so having stuff on in the background that i can miss bits of is very helpful, so while I'm trying to keep pace (ahead of time), sometimes I go far in advance, and sometimes I hold off and throw something else up (I just finished all 8 seasons of M*A*S*H, for example, sans the finale).

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Season 1, Episode 16: The Hidden Enemy

This is my favourite episode so far, second to the one on the outpost.

Spoiler: Recap
    Show
    We open on the strategically important world of Christophsis, this seems to be set just before the pilot movie.
    Anakin and Obi-Wan have laid an ambush for an oncoming droid battalion splitting, their forces into two different towers. The droids however, do not spring the trap but separate. Before our heroes can figure out what's up, the B1 burst the doors open and start shooting at Obi-Wan's group. You know when they just shut the hell up they actually manage to look somewhat intimidating. Anakin orders a pilot named Hawk to bring his gunship to Obi-Wan's tower and uses his clones grappling guns to cross the street with his group while the ennemy shoots them. They meet up and escape through the roof. Stupidly the tactical droid in charge lead his troops himself so Cody rips its head off in the hopes of finding out how they knew about the ambush.

Back to base, the droid's head self-destructs after revealing that the Separatists had complete knowledge of the Republicans' plans but before revealing how. Also the clones call them "Seppies", does that make them "Reppies"? Anakin and Obi-Wan think that this goes beyond a mere security leak, there must be a trairor in their mist. This retroactively makes the ease R3-S4 will have infiltrated them twice as dumb, by the way. They decide to to infiltrate the Separists own base themselves and leave Rex and Cody to try and root out the traitor. This is Anakin and Obi-Wan's only meaningful contribution to the plot. Rex orders D2 to run an analysis of the main computer, hoping the traitor was sloppy. But before he's done though, they discover that a comm-link was switched on during their discussion and the traitor presumably heard the whole thing, they leave the room and spot a figure in the corridor who immeadiately runs away (what was he doing here? Those comm bracelets have way more range than that) and loses himself in the mess. The mess where only clones are eating. The traitor isn't just a fellow Republican, he was born into their clone as well. This hits them pretty hard. As they come back to the strategic room, R2 shows them his findings: a specific interference that comes back every few days, always coming from the same barrack. Which makes the unit there especially suspect.

Anakin and Obi-Wan are driving towards the Separatist base and the droids despite spotting them do not open fire and let them proceed. They immediately spot that it is a trap but anakin is cocky enough to go see what it's all about anyway. Hey, I can hear Sun Tzu roll in his grave all the way from China. Their interaction is pleasant enough as they seem to generally value each other's input. The Separatists' headquarters turns out to be a former library where they are met by the the mastermind behind all this: Asajj Ventress. And I'm sorry but are she and Obi-Wan flirting!? What? Who? Why? I don't... Anyway they fight for a bit until she says she has distratec them long enough and lead them outside the room where her army has assembled and challenge them to take her on, now. They opt to steal two jetbikes and hightail outta there. Ventress orders General Loathsome (not even bothering with a clever name there) to delay the Jedi (he doesn't) until her master's plan is accomplished. I don't remember Dooku's plan from the movie having anything todo with christophsis but okay. Loathsome is the same elephant-like guy from the beginning of the movie, by the way, he only gets a visual cameo because I guess they didn't want to pay his voice actor. This takes place all ove the episode but since it's unconnected to the rest of it, I'm summarizing it here.

Rex and Cody have summoned Sergeant Slick who leads the unit in the suspicious barrack. He is adamant his men would never betray the Republic but his pleas are cut short by the arrival of his men, all five of them. (they get an entire barrack for six guys? Comfy.) Rex and Cody starts the interrogation: #1 is embarrassed to admit he was cleaning his weapon, which the others confirms he does obsessively after each mission, Cody asks if he turned on the computer for that to which #1 says he hasn't, all flustered-like. Ah, I was wondering if there was going to be adult jokes in this show, glad to see there are some. Though this is making me wondering about the clone's... err... anatomy. #1's weapon is freshly scrubbed so our detectives move on. #2 and #3 were in the mess. This raises their susîcion especially when they claim "lot's of guys" as a witness. Slick insists he gets a moment alone with his men, but #4 would rather get this over with: he was in the infirmary getting a minor wound tended to he shows his bandage as proof and says the medical droid will confirm. #5 at first refuses to answer then claim to have been in the mess which #3 immediately denies before rectifying that Chopper (#5) did get to the mess but he was late. Rex and Cody starts pressing the guys for answers and he amits he was hiding near the south exit putting together a necklace of battledroid fingers. He explains that he feels that they owe him something (probably because of the burn scar covering most of his face). Everybody else in the room is disgusted as taking trophies is apprently illegal for some reason (I'm pretty sure I've seen clones with tally marks on their helmets and armour so what gives?) one clone even calls Chopper "defective". this is interesting, I'll come back to it later. Chopper gets defensive when Slick points out that A) this is not an alibi and B) this does not speak to his moral charcater and Slicks tries to calm him down by promising a proper investigation when the Jedi come back. Chopper just gets more riled up and asks where Slick himself was as he's seen him go through the south exit towards the command center rather than head to the barracks or the mess with the rest of them. Slick denies saying tha Chopper is obviously making things up to try to deflect blame. Cody simply asks him how he knows the Jedi aren't currently at the base since that's classified. "I really wish you hadn't noticed that, sir." A quick brawl ensues as Rex is flaggerbasted by Slick's treason.

They pursue Slick to the weapons' dépôt but it turns out he only stayed there long enough to plant some explosives and take out most of their artillery and vehicules. Realizing that Slick isn't trying to escape, Rex and Cody head back to the command center. This is where Slick is hiding, inside an air-vent. Our duo tries to think like their turncoat brother. Where would he go? They both wordlessly realizes that he must be in this very room and stealthily spot his hiding spot. Cody leaves his blaster in plain view of Slick and says that the explosion knocked oout their power which triggered a lockdown, therefore Slick won't try to escape. Rex counters that he would espect them to think that and so must be trying to force their way right now as he moves out of Slicks' sight. Cody pointedly turns his back to Slick and say he will stay to reboot the systems. Rex activates the door to simulate his departure. Slick leaves his hiding spot, takes Cody's blaster and points it at the commander who shows him the magazine in his hand while Rex places his won gun on his neck. Was that a triple or quadruple bluff? Whatevr it was it was clever. They all start explaining their thought process with Slick catching up and they end up quoting what was probably their standard trianing verbatim. Why did Slick betray the Republic? Money, yes but mostly something he doesn't expect the other two to comprehend: he wanted a chance at a free life. There's another quick brawl but he is taken prisoner again and brought to the Jedi. Anakin is severely disappointed but Slick simply calls the Jedi out for enslaving the clones. Rex counter that he endangered his own brothers for his own benefit. Slick is shaken by this but insistis that he loves his brothers and was makign a blow for all clones. Cody doesn't buy that stating that if he loved them he wouldn't have sold them out. Neither actually denies his point of being slaves though. He is taken away and our final shock is of the two brothers framed by the Jedi's legs, looking pensive. Cue the pilot movie.

Spoiler: My thoughts
    Show
    During the episode I wondered how Ventress and Slick got in touch, but the other clone-centric episode (with Heavy, Fives and Echo) showed her on Kamino so I guess that's that. I don't think Ahsoka was in that episode and Rex and Cody seemed less used to each other if memory serves os there's a good chance these episodes were in order relative to one another.

Quickly, can we talk about Kenobi's little trick at the beginning of the movie? The one where he pretends to surrender but draws out the surrender long enough to mount a counter-attack. That's a war crime in real-life. Wha'=t's more it pretty much tanled any chance of any Separatist ever wnating to negotiate with Kenobi or take his troops prisoners rather than butchering them. This may have really hurt the Republic's credibility when making ouvertures of peace to the Separatists. You'd think that a skilled negotiator like Kenobi would have known that. Of course it's moot because Sidious, but still...

Alright, this is a clone-centric episode so I ahve to wondered why cut to the Jedi so often? The fight they get doesn't add anything and I just kepts wishing we'd get back to the clones. Feels like this time would have been better used showing Cody and Rex play off of each other some more. I like their dynamic of Cody being methodical and analytical (he notices Slick's slip up) and Rex being more instinctive (he thinks of checking the computer) but both being close enought they can communicate without words because they are thinking alike.

Bakc to the "defective" slur. I hadn't considered it but it makes sense that the cloning process can't be 100% effective (nothing is) meaning that some mutations might creep in or slight differences in an otherwise identical environment might snowball. There would be a Bernard Marx or two. The kaminoan probably have thresholds for what is acceptable and what is defective and the clones are probably closely monitored during their first years to weed out the defective ones. This explains the variations in personnality that we see but it also mean that human social dynamics apply. The more charismatic and headstrong one become leaders, circle of riends form etc. I would expect that, for example the drivers, pilots, footmen, commandos and spaceship crews all have some sort of rivalry going on. And of course every group large enough has somebody that doesn't fit in, somebody the others may pick on. In French that's called a "souffre-douleur" (pain-sufferer) don't know what it's called in English. In this unit that's Chopper because of all their personnalities, his is the quirkiest, the outlier (or at least that's what it seemed). In this environment it's only natural that "defective" becomes the go-to insult to make your brother feel terrible. I imagine they have horror stories about sound clones being accidentally switched with defectives or suchlike.

Now, Slick. Slick wants to defect because he feels like a slave. How exactly a default that big slipped under the kaminoans' radar, I don't know. But it's impressive on his part. After all the clones are born for a purpose, they don't have the anxiety of choosing their path in life as the reason for their existence is pretty obvious and the non-clone people they frequent the most (military people and Jedi) are the least likely in the galaxy to challenge the notion that duty always come first. To throw away his indoctrination like that demanded courage, not physical but emotionnal. It's nietzschean in a way. Of course he should probaly haev tried defecting rather than full-blown selling out but still points for free-thinking. Ironically, overestimating his difference of thinking with his brothers is what caused him to fall for Rex and Cody's trap. He was so used to seeing what the others ignore he didn't realize how close they still were (and therefore, how predictible he still was).

You know, it makes sense that the clone would go on to become the first generation of stormtrooper as they are basically any authoritarian's wet dream. A military force with no-life outside duty, cut-off from the civilian population, trained for birth to obey orders. They wouldn't really care for the ideal of democracy since they never got to taste any of that. As they have always lived under Palpatine's administration they would naturally consider his name to be synonymous with "head of state". If the officers are selected from birth they would naturally see hierarchy as an intrisinc, unmoving structure and so wouldn't care for social mobility and if they were selected among those who showed early signs of being fit to lead (imposed themselves as leaders of their own bands, took responsability for their actions, etc.) they would naturally consider being in a position of authority as proof that you are fit for the position. Both things that lend themselves very well to a totalitarian mindset.
    And of course being all humans, it would be easy for them let prejudice about non-humans settle in.
    I'm not saying that they would all be blind to the reality of the Galaxy but biases are tricky and I doubt their education had much in the way of history and social sciences.

By the way, does anyone know of a story featuring Cody after Order 66?
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2021-07-05 at 09:10 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Great Episode.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

By the way, does anyone know of a story featuring Cody after Order 66?
    Haven't read it, didn't know is existed until I looked, but there seems to be one (and seemingly only one).

It is in 'Star Wars Helmet Collection 35'.
    Spoiler: What it is about(in relation to Cody)
    Show

During the Imperial Era, Cody and the 212th, by then serving as stormtroopers, assisted in the Galactic Empire's final enslavement of the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk.

In legends there is another other(s), 'Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II' (which I have not played).
    Spoiler: What it is about (in relation to Cody)
    Show

Commander Cody was in charge of an Imperial Battalion that was stationed in Timira City, one of the cloning facilities located on his homeworld of Kamino.
    Seems the clones were phased out and replaced with recruits - Cody found them lacking - and was fairly bitter, the garrison was eventually wiped out by the rebels but the fate of Cody was ambiguous.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2020-06-12 at 04:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I have just watched three episodes in a row and, even though the third episode helped, the first two left me with way too much Phantom Menace ins my system to dwell on them this evening. Expect the reviews some time tomorrow.
    Forum Wisdom

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I have just watched three episodes in a row and, even though the third episode helped, the first two left me with way too much Phantom Menace ins my system to dwell on them this evening. Expect the reviews some time tomorrow.
    I believe that makes the last of those three my actual-favorite episode of the season.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

For all of Traviss' faults, I really like the Republic Commando novels for expanding on the clone mentality and all that. Granted, there's definitely a lot of Mando-shilling at the expense of every other faction, but if you can bear that, I find the series a pretty good read.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, let's get this out of the way. The good thing is those three are in order from worst to good, so it'll get easier.

Season 1, Episode 17: Blue Shadow Virus

Spoiler: Recap
    Show
    So, three droids (including a tactical droid) were spotted wandering the grasslands of Naboo and shot down by Captain Tycho. Nothing in the episode ever explains why the hell they were out in th eopen like that. Which sets nicely the average Seaparatist brainpower in this one. Urgh. fearing that this is the early stage of an invasion, Senator Padmé Amidala and... and... Why are you doing this to me, Filoni? and representative. Jar. Jar. Binks... *deep sigh* arrive back on their homeworld. This is the third Jar Jar episode in one season. Why oh why? George Lucas is listed as executive producer, was he still under the impression that children loved the character? Did Filoni thought he could reedeem him? Did a network bigwig set a non-negotiable minimum of "hilarious" goofiness a season? I just don't understand. He's had more screen-time than Cody, Yoda and Windu put together! He's had more screen time than Padmé! Whyyyyyyyyyyy? *incontrollable sobbing*

Ahem.

Senator Padmé Amidala and Representative Jar Jar Binks arrive back on their homeworld. IS there any reason as to why two politicians supposed to represent their respective people in the galactic scene one of which is supposedly leading the effort to find a peaceful end to the war would leave their post to enquire in matters of security? Silly, Fyr, Naboos don't need reasons to do stuff. They are greeted by Naboo's absurdly teenage queen and Tycho and taken to an operating room where a medical droid is operating on the tactical droid in order to cut his optic receptors and trick him into believing he is on a Separatist warship and about to be debriefed and commended by count Dooku. This would almost be clever if there was any reason stated why they couldn't hack into his memory like they did in the last episode and like they will hack into one of the B1s later in this very episode. Amazingly 3PO manages to mess this up before Binks as he gets excited when the droid mentions both a virus and a laboratory and asks for the location of the lab. Not to worry, Jar Jar is not far behind as he's spent the entire interrogation chasing a butterfly who crept out of one of the B1's casing and ends up collapsing the shelves onto the tactical droid crushing its computing unit. Great frickking job. Jar JAr manages to compensate by explaining that the butterfly is only native to one specific swamp on the planet which, coupled with the mud on the droids tell them where to find the lab. So not only is this the third Jar JAr episode but it also is the third "the Separatists havea secret weapon episode".
    This is going to be a great day!

They talk with Yoda and windu over hologram who decide to send up a couple Jedi investigate. Padmé immediately requests for her booty call Anakin and Obi-Wan arguing that the gugngan trust Obi-Wan like one of their own. Surprised they passed on a chance to have her say he has good relations with the gungans. But the fact that there are people qualified to deal with this sort of situations will not deter Padmé from her urge to go investigate herself right now. With no escort at all. And Jar Jar, so like a negative escort, actually. This is a terrible idea that will cause basically the entire conflict of the next episode by the way. She and Jar Jar put on some hazardous environment protection suits (Behold! The only sensible decision in this entire episode!) and meet with a confused gugan whose cattle were poisoned by the river they drank from. This gungan is called Peppi, which sould a lot like "pipi" wich is French for "pee" aptly summarizing my opinion of this whole episode. Convenient! There's a dumb fight between Peppi and Jar Jar (fortunately, my fear that this was a prelude to getting Jar Jar a girlfriend in the form of Peppi seems unsubstantiated) before she points them in the direction of the swamps. Because they didn't think to bring a map despite knowing the name of the place they were headed to. Peppi also explains that the disease is in the water so the hazmat suits are overkill and they take them off. Inside the swamp they find a metallic hatch on the ground so Padmé asks for a geological scan of the area. However they were noticed by a scope and a mad scientist type with a stupid fake german accent (****'s sake.) sends some droids to take them prisoner because he could use some more test subjects. And by test subjects he means "people to rant to for hours while mass production of my product is almost done). The mad scinetist show Padmé and JAr Jar a tiny vial contening a blue smoke and explains he's created an airborn strain of the deadly Bloo Shaydo wirus Blue Shadow virus which he intends to let loose of the galaxy as revenge for the eradication of the earlier, waterborne, strain. He then puts the virus in a bomb and hands it to a rodent-like droid (literally called "rabbit droid" in the credits) while mentionning it's the last one. Oh and he has a lighting rod, presumably so he can yell "It's alive!" in his ridiculous german accent.(did you know that Victor Frankenstein was a French-speaking swiss in the original?)

Obi-Wan and Anakin and Ahsoka (buy a Master and a Knight and get a padawan for free!) land on Theed and are greeted by Tycho and Peppi. Tycho explains the situation and get a dressign down from Anakin for letting his wife the Senator into danger. Anakin then sends Ahsoka with Peppi to the swamp before the briefing is even done. Sure, sure, send the civilian into the battlezone, standard Jedi tactic #420. Tycho shows thema recording pried from one of the battle droid of the mad scientist ranting about the Blue Shadow and identify him as Dr. Vindi (I am relieved this isn't a pun on his obvious real-life inspiration). Obi-Wan states that if Vindi manages to plant his bom bs on key systems, as he syas he intends to, the resulting pandemic will make the war look like small potatoes. Which brings me to my question. WHAT IN THE HOLY BLAZES IS THIS PLAN!? Why is this secret lab on a nnemy planet rather than a Separatist controlled one or a neutral one like last time? And, more importantly, why is Dooku even supporting this? He was skeptical about the defoliating weapon and this one had a clear controllable purpose. The way they talk about this virus it would leave the Sith ruling a galaxy of corpses and they have no guarantee of not being infected either! What's the point of this! I mean I guess that Dooku and Sidious intentionnally staffed the Separatist top brass with despicable people as a way to ramp up the war casualty and fuel the anti-non-human prejudice of the core world so they can use that as foundation for the Empire, but this is utterly out of proportions!
    Anyway, Anakin gets really worried about Padmé. Kenobian glare. Senator Amidala (Have I mentionned how much he sucks at this "secret" romance thing?)
    Tycho shows them a plan of the lab, gained thanks to the geological scan requested by Amidala, and they identify three entry points and the main lab (not sure how). Ahsoka reports that Padmé is missing and they spot the scopes when one accidentally lifts Peppi off the ground. Anakin orders her to stay in position and, on his signal attack the entry point the farthest away from the main lab with Rex as a diversion so Kenobi and himself can rescue the prisoners and arrest Vindi. Anakin and Obi-wan talk about their feelings a little.
    "You seem on edge, Anakin.
    -We may be about to extinguish all life on this planet, including ours and the senator. Why aren't you on edge.
    -I am. I'm just better at hiding it."
    Credit's where credit's due this is great dialog. They are picked up by Rex and move on.

Ahsoka and her team blow up the roof of the first entry point and draw the droids to them, Anakin and Obi-wan each lead separate teams throught he others two. None of th eJedi are wearing protective gear because they are idiots. Obi-Wan tells anakin not to compromise the miscue by prioritizing Amidala ove rthe virus or the doc. Of course he does. Anakin finds Vindi with Padmé and Jar Jar tied to the lightning rod. Vindi threatesn to electrocute them if he doesn't stand down which he does. Vindi says he doesn't hope to restrain them for long (they've dropped their weapon, you can shoot them, you fool!) so he switches the lighting rod on and tells Anakin to choose between svaing his friends or catching him as he leaves with a case full of virus vials. Anakin destroys the droids and switches the rod off. Padmé tells him to try the reverse order next time. Obi-Wan finds the bomb warehouse just as Vindi activates them all. Meawhile the rodent droid has apparently spent the last six hours going from the main lab to the warehouse and hides with the last bomb. Obi-Wan notices the last bomb and Padmé realizes it must be with the droid. Anakin and Ahsoka meet and catch up with the doctor as an automatic door closes between them. The Doctor forces anakin out of the door by throwing a vial. Anakin forgets he doesn't need to touch things to catch them and throw himslef through the door. The doctor reaches an elevating platform with his shuttle on it and starts leaving. Jar Jar gets distracted by an hydroponic garden which just so happens to be the hiding place of the rodent dorid. They capture the last bomb with minimal effort but the bomb squad still needs to get there before the timer runs out. Obi-Wan reaches Anakin who is carving a parth through the door. Once inside Anakin and Obi-Wan jump on the moving platform but Vindi throws three vials in the air. Obi-Wan forgets he doesn't need to touch things to catch them and launch hismelf in the air to intercept. The platform emerges under Peppi's feet. There's a brief stand-off and Peppi uses th efact that Vindi ahsn't spotted her to tackle him. He is taken prisoner. The good guys rejoice.
    Unfortunately they all forgot about the fact that the waterborne strain of the virus was already released into the river Peppi's herd was drinking from and hundreds of millions of gungans and Naboo persih in the following months. what do you mean, no? The episode wouldn't completely forget about that bit would it? WOULD IT?

Spoiler: My thoughts
    Show
    In case I haven't made clear by now this episode is almost pure dreck. That is all.

Spoiler: Oh and this is Vindi during this entire episode
    Show
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2021-07-05 at 09:11 AM.
    Forum Wisdom

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Unfortunately they all forgot about the fact that the waterborne strain of the virus was already released into the river Peppi's herd was drinking from and hundreds of millions of gungans and Naboo persih in the following months. what do you mean, no? The pisode wwouldn't completely forget about that bit would it? WOULD IT?
    In fairness:
    ... he intends to let loose of the galaxy as revenge for the eradication of the earlier, waterborne, strain.
    Without rewatching it, it sounds like they have already eradicated that strain ... somehow.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    In fairness:

Without rewatching it, it sounds like they have already eradicated that strain ... somehow.
    Except that Peppi's cattle did die from the poisonned water so one way or another the virus is already loose.
    Forum Wisdom

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    In fairness:

It was eradicated in the past. He brought it back, and then re-engineered it. So they could take care of it, potentially. Depends on how they eradicated it.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

It was eradicated in the past. He brought it back, and then re-engineered it. So they could take care of it, potentially. Depends on how they eradicated it.
    The next episode suggests they found a cure.
    Forum Wisdom

30. - Top - End - #90

The next episode suggests they found a cure.
    Gotta love that. "The only change is it will be airborne, the galaxy will be decimated, WE ARE DOOME-oh hey a cure, that's handy.

The cherry on the crap sundae that episode was.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-06-14 at 09:05 AM.