New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Can I have a mod check my thread, please?

I'm not sure who is at fault here, or whether or not private problems from other threads can/should be able to spill over into other threads. On the one hand, 1 player holding an unnecessary grudge doesn't need to ruin multiple threads. On the other hand, a problematic dm ensures no one has fun...

Either way, I don't know anyone's history, and I don't care. All I know is, I know an argument when I smell it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Can I have a mod check my thread, please?

For future reference, you can request this kind of service by reporting a post inside the thread, you can do that clicking on the little triangle to the bottom left of a post. It will ask you for your reasons for reporting and stuff, so you can just type out what you feel the problem is. This is also anonymous, in the sense that the mods know you reported it, but the other visitors do not. That can be useful to avoid further escalation of an argument.

This post seems fine, it's just another way of doing this.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Can I have a mod check my thread, please?

Sheriff: Please report the post(s) that you believe are problematic. In the text box for that report, please link to any other threads you think demonstrate this same poster causing this problem, if you know that has occurred. Please explain the issue plainly; don't assume the moderators know what is going in the thread or across threads. Take advantage of the private communication between you and the moderators to speak very plainly and candidly.

Do that here, for starters, and we'll take a look.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2020-06-08 at 12:46 PM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex