Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [Exalted 3e] - Wyld Hunt game

What can be said of the Wyld Hunt?

For centuries, the Wyld Hunt has been at the forefront of the Dragon-Blooded's efforts to safeguard the people of Creation. Across the four directions, the Immaculate Faith is all that stands between humanity and the predations of demons, the engimatic Fair Folk, and the hungry dead. The Dragon Blooded, the chosen of the Immaculate Dragons themselves, lead these hunts. Exalted from mortal men into demigods of unparalleled skill, strength and talent, they are the heroes of all humanity, figures out of myth and legend. They fight the wild monsters that stalk the land. They fight the Fair Folk, those beautiful children of chaos and keep them from feeding on the souls of men. They lead great legions across Creation, with the strength and blessing of Heaven itself.

But above all, they hunt the Anathema.

The Anathema are the gravest threats to Creation. Demons that stole the fires of the heavens themselves, they are the nightmares that stalk the night, slayers of men and defilers of all. They first come in the guise of savoirs, but they take those whose hearts are weak and corruptible, and in time consume their hosts. From the unstoppable Forsaken to the unpredictable Moon-Mad, their dark natures have ever been a threat to the Realm and all of Creation.

Unfortunately, the Hunt is not what it once was. Their vigilance has waned in recent years, and their watch over the world grown lax. The domains of the Anathema grow stronger, reality begins to fray at the edges, and the dead rise from beneath to consume all life. At the same time, however, the dreaded Solar Anathema - worst of all their kin - have returned in force, and new forms of the dreaded monsters stalk the lands. Worse, with the Scarlet Empress gone, civil war in the Realm is inevitable, and the hunt's most experienced warriors have been recalled to help their houses in their bids for the Scarlet Throne.

For whatever reason - disgrace, lack of experience, misfiled paperwork - they have not called you. Instead, you and your (new?) companions are the latest example of a Wyld Hunt sent to claim the head of Yena Back-Breaker, a horrid Frenzied Anathema in the south. She and her daughters terrorize the road between Gem and Lap in the south; only occasionally does she show herself for larger raids on unsuspecting towns and peoples. She has eluded every Wyld Hunt sent after her, and has had centuries to build up her power base.

But that will not stop you. A new Hunt has been called, and you will answer. You have the opportunity for glory. You have the righteousness of the Elemental Dragons and the very heavens themselves at your back. You have the conviction and the strength needed to take on the monsters that threaten Creation. Perhaps most importantly of all, you are Exalted; a hero to all the people of Creation.

What tales will they tell of your deeds?

---

I have an Exalted itch that needs scratching and I am in need of more games.

We'll be forming a Wyld Hunt, which means I'm looking to form a full circle of Dragon-Blooded. The Hunt transcends national lines, so while it's mainly supported by the Realm, I will not say no to a good Lookshy or Outcaste concept.

Disclaimers:
    -This is not going to be a story about taking out the Realm. I'm not saying you need to be a diehard loyalist, I'm just saying that turning on the Realm is not the plan. At least not right now (maybe further down the road if we make it that far and the group wants it)
    -The Solar and Lunar Exalted and their servants are not going to be shown in a good light, at least not for this first arc.
    -I have access to the Heirs of the Shogunate and Arms of the Chosen PDFs if you want to use them.
    -Here's Lot-Casting Atemi, a good resource for character sheets if you want it, and a map of Creation.

---
    Apps so far:
    Player Name and Sheet Aspect Concept
    Heavenblade ??? Fire Former trade prince turned monk
    ShadowImmor Tepet White Winds Air Noble Monk
    Eurus Tepet Lomar Air Tactician with grudge against the Celestial Exalted
    Justanotherhero Cynis Senar Wood Terrible Misunderstood Musician
    Shiro_Nogard ??? Water ???
    Kobold_Bard Jazushi Izulu Fire Heavenborn DB Western Outcaste
    Iwus ??? Earth DB from edge of Creation
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2020-06-27 at 04:40 PM.
    INFP
    Discord: HalfTangible#7505
    I'm always available to talk (just let me know you're from the playground)

Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying
    Karal Nord in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3e]
    GMing a Wyld Hunt [Exalted 3e]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: [Exalted 3e] - Wyld Hunt game

Im really interested! I have a couple of ideas, and I meed to re-read the descriptions of the dragonblooded factions in creation. The main plan is a former lookshayan trade-prince, heir to his house, who ditched his former rich life in order to become a devout follower of the Immaculate order. He publicly went against the corruption and filth in his family, and they had their revenge.

Instead of being sent to the capital with the rest of the warriors he stayed back, disgraced, stuck in the frontier. Filled with rage against the little people blinded by their gold that took away his chance to help creation. Now opportunity came knocking at his door - and he intends to use it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

I would definitely be up for this as an Air Aspected DB. I've never had the opportunity to play a DB before so would be really interested in playing! He'd probably be an Immaculate Monk, probably from a higher ranking noble family.

I've a good handle on the 3e System in general, having played and run a couple of games of it, and I really like it. I also love the Lore of Exalted and think this'd be an excellent way for me to experience the other side of Exalted! I also love Lot Casting Atemi, I think it's an excellent resource.

How are you planning on playing it? On here or through another platform?
    Last edited by ShadowImmor; 2020-06-09 at 04:04 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    Im really interested! I have a couple of ideas, and I meed to re-read the descriptions of the dragonblooded factions in creation. The main plan is a former lookshayan trade-prince, heir to his house, who ditched his former rich life in order to become a devout follower of the Immaculate order. He publicly went against the corruption and filth in his family, and they had their revenge.

Instead of being sent to the capital with the rest of the warriors he stayed back, disgraced, stuck in the frontier. Filled with rage against the little people blinded by their gold that took away his chance to help creation. Now opportunity came knocking at his door - and he intends to use it.
    Very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowImmor View Post
    I would definitely be up for this as an Air Aspected DB. I've never had the opportunity to play a DB before so would be really interested in playing! He'd probably be an Immaculate Monk, probably from a higher ranking noble family.

I've a good handle on the 3e System in general, having played and run a couple of games of it, and I really like it. I also love the Lore of Exalted and think this'd be an excellent way for me to experience the other side of Exalted! I also love Lot Casting Atemi, I think it's an excellent resource.

How are you planning on playing it? On here or through another platform?
    On the Playground. Discord is a good way to get into contact quickly with other players as well.
    INFP

+3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd enjoy playing a ruthless tactician with a grudge against the celestial Exalted. Maybe a Tepet officer who survived the campaign against the Bull of the North...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    I'd enjoy playing a ruthless tactician with a grudge against the celestial Exalted. Maybe a Tepet officer who survived the campaign against the Bull of the North...
    Hm, sounds intriguing! I have a soft spot for the Tepet Legions.
    INFP

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Hi!

I am definitely game.

Senar Cynis (Wood Aspect) an embarrassment as a musician and a waster of money, now called to get his life together. Senar wants to demonstrate his worth as Exalted and his worth to his family, even though his musical career in the realm did not work out. His musical Style was to Avant Garde as he would say. Some people say he is just terrible compared to other exalted.

Travel. Glory. Honor.

Senar will gladly embrace it all. And well grandmother demanded he takes part to represent House Cynis in the most serious and honorable of settings. But ... maybe foreigners can appreciate true art.

If that concept does not fit I can adapt it.
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2020-06-09 at 02:41 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Do I havw to use one of the lesser gentes from the books, or can I create a new one?

Also, I shifted the character's focus into disdain of the lookshayan immaculate faith - he believes their passiveness and acceptance of breaking the Hierarchy creates anever ending circle of corruption. He is a zealous believer in the Hierarchy, and in the role of the Dragonblooded to enforce it.

Fire dragonblooded, with the Immaculate dragon martial art style.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherhero View Post
    Hi!

I am definitely game.

Senar Cynis (Wood Aspect) an embarrassment as a musician and a waster of money, now called to get his life together. Senar wants to demonstrate his worth as Exalted and his worth to his family, even though his musical career in the realm did not work out. His musical Style was to Avant Garde as he would say. Some people say he is just terrible compared to other exalted.

Travel. Glory. Honor.

Senar will gladly embrace it all. And well grandmother demanded he takes part to represent House Cynis in the most serious and honorable of settings. But ... maybe foreigners can appreciate true art.

If that concept does not fit I can adapt it.
    That fits fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    Do I havw to use one of the lesser gentes from the books, or can I create a new one?

Also, I shifted the character's focus into disdain of the lookshayan immaculate faith - he believes their passiveness and acceptance of breaking the Hierarchy creates anever ending circle of corruption. He is a zealous believer in the Hierarchy, and in the role of the Dragonblooded to enforce it.

Fire dragonblooded, with the Immaculate dragon martial art style.
    You can make a new one if you like.
    INFP

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

interested in playing.

Just one thing, never played a dragon on 3e.

I was thinking of playing a water DB. I will give you an idea tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Nogard View Post
    interested in playing.

Just one thing, never played a dragon on 3e.

I was thinking of playing a water DB. I will give you an idea tomorrow.
    Sweet, lookin' forward to it!
    INFP

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

12. - Top - End - #12

ClericGuy

It looks like we might have a near full circle coming together!

Me as Air,

Shiro as Water

Hero as Wood

Heaven as Fire

I think that means we just need an Earth Aspect?

I'll put a character together this afternoon once I get home from work and DM the link to you.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Short description for Party and ST.

Senar as he stands now has been called for about a year and has been trained to understand the first principle of the wood dragon Style. Without it his house would not have let him join. So a competent defensive warrior but far from the experienced heroes the hunt used to be.

Do we want to already know each other? Are we part of a sworn kinship?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Am I too late?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Am I too late?
    Nah mate, we've only just begun, nobody's eve submitted a sheet yet
    INFP

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Hi!

If the GM will allow it a question to our inplay role split:

I think open the minds eye (Lore 2) is a amazing charm and basically necessary for any missionary work.

@Heavenblade @ShadowImmor
    Will one of you be a bit the social missionary typ? I think we should have that charm in our group but i also very much like Infallible Messenger for its amazing utility. And with Charisma 2 I do not fill the role.

Senar is almost completely done and monk classic broke. No ressources no artifacts this time.

Edit: Are we to honourable to use poison?
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2020-06-11 at 11:38 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Not the GM so this is just a thought. But since the Wood aspect anima includes a built-in poison, would a Wyld Hunt consider poison dishonourable?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

18. - Top - End - #18

ClericGuy

@Hero

I can be... I wasn't necessarily planning on it, but if no-one else wants to I can go the whole Inquisition Style CONVERT OR BURN Social control thing.

Sorry I've not had a chance to sort out a character yet, last couple of days have been busier than I thought! Will look at doing one tonight or tomorrow. Definitely by the end of the weekend.

Dan

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Not the GM so this is just a thought. But since the Wood aspect anima includes a built-in poison, would a Wyld Hunt consider poison dishonourable?
    This. The Anathema are not facing you in a formal honor duel, you are under no obligation to fight fairly.
    INFP

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

How does this look as a backstory? If it won't work I can come up with something else.

Spoiler
    Show
    Izulu Jashushi is an outcaste from the West; descendant of an itinerant Immaculate Monk who spent her life settling disputes between the local tribes and water Gods. She booked passage on a merchant vessel to the Blessed Isle and during negotiations to be married into a Great House, she elected to take up the Wyld Hunt in order to improve her prospects.

The paragraph above was a complete lie. Izulu has never been to the Blessed isle, much less the West. That much water terrifies her, it's frankly obscene. Izulu is one of Heaven's Dragons; centuries ago her ancestors were swept into the divine city of Yu Shan during the exodus of terrestrial Gods fleeing the Great Contagion. She was born and raised in the lavish slums of Yu Shan,

After her exaltation, Izulu set to work in the Celestial Bureaucracy. Her boss was a God by the name of Tenth Leaf Left, a Bronze Faction supporter considered fanatical even by his peers. The day he found out that the Solar Anathema had returned to Creation she thought he might actually explode with rage and fear. Fortunately she is a charmer by nature and was able to chill him out before he got censured. But he could not accept his superior's unwillingness to act and was becoming increasingly erratic.

Tenth Leaf Left was a dear friend as well as her boss, it pained Izulu to see him like this. So, against her better judgement she told him that if he promised to cover for her absence, she would go to Creation and destroy some Solar anathema in his name. All she asked in exchange was that he swear a favour to her per Solar scalp she claimed. He was a small god himself, but his ties to the Bronze faction gave him sway with those much more powerful than him, those favours would be extremely valuable to herself and her family.

She arrived on Creation in the Southern threshold, and decided that it was a thoroughly awful place; she grew up in a slum but compared to the "city" she now inhabited it was palatial. On the bright side, this disdain for the Threshold means her fellow shikari often joke that she will fit in VERY well with the Great Houses. Travelling to the nearest satrapy, she introduced herself to the local temple and was inducted to the Wyld Hunt - this, she reasons being the easiest way to find and fight Solar anathema.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Looks alright to me, Kobold.
    INFP

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Tepet Lomar, Air aspect strategist. Specializes in War, naturally, but also in tracking, and in taunting people so viciously that they are compelled to attack him.

Spoiler: Bio
    Show
    The Battle of Futile Blood, and the disastrous campaign that surrounded it, broke the back of House Tepet. Every Dynast and soldier with allegiance to the family lives in the shadow of this disaster, knowing that their days may be numbered. But sometimes a disaster may make way for new growth...

Tepet Lomar was second in command to a Winglord during the campaign against the Bull of the North, considered a solid but not quite remarkable officer by Dynastic standards. His superior, a distant cousin named Tepet Minura, led the wing, and between Lomar's attention to detail and Minura's fiery leadership, they managed to survive the various ambushes and sorties that led up to the Battle of Futile Blood... only to be crushed and scattered during the battle itself, along with most of the other forces present.

When Lomar woke after the battle, he was laying in a field of flowers covered by bloody snow, surrounded by his soldiers and his beheaded captain. His right hand was missing, and his body was wounded as if he'd been run through with a sword. It was shocking that he was alive at all -- but the shabby, snow-dusted owl sitting on his chest, peering down into his face, seemed to have something to do with it. When the survivors managed to peel themselves off the ground, they realized that they were hundreds of miles into hostile territory with no support and few supplies.

Five months later, having long been assumed dead, almost two hundred Tepet legionnaires and their commander staggered into Port Calin, carrying the head of a Solar on a pike. They called themselves the Frostbitten, and more about them had changed than just their name. Tepet Lomar in particular had become cold and paranoid, not to mention crippled by his injuries, yet at the same time his skills as a tactician seemed to have grown by leaps and bounds. The head that they'd taken as trophy had come from an Anathema named Cloak of Spiders, a minor contributor to the Bull of the North who'd attempted to harry and pick the Frostbitten off as they moved south until they successfully ambushed him.

With the Tepet Legions so damaged and disorganized, the decision was made to allow the Frostbitten to remain under the command of Tepet Lomar. Currently, they're attempting to enlist with a Wyld Hunt -- their grudge against the Anathema has never been more personal, and it will take a long time to satisfy it.

I... hope this makes sense, and works? Hmm.
    Last edited by Eurus; 2020-06-13 at 03:17 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, Lomar looks fine for the most part

One issue: your lore background is supposed to be the subject your lore stat specalizes in (say, mathematics or geography) not where you studied.
    INFP

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Okay, Lomar looks fine for the most part

One issue: your lore background is supposed to be the subject your lore stat specalizes in (say, mathematics or geography) not where you studied.
    Oh, I see. I thought it was... hmm, like Mathematics or Geography sound like lore specialities, so I guess I don't quite grasp the difference.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Oh, I see. I thought it was... hmm, like Mathematics or Geography sound like lore specialities, so I guess I don't quite grasp the difference.
    Your lore background is "the subject your lore rating primarily reflects." (page 238 core) IE a broad area of expertise rather than a location you learned at.
    INFP

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Hi !

I rewrote my background to be a more motivated member. Does it fit with what you had in mind?

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Nobody is that stupid.
    The old Sifu said.
    He was wrong.
    One dynast is that stupid.

Senar was a dynast child like everybody else and Avil was his best friend.
    Much changed when Senar was chosen and Avil not. Both of us Cynis children that practiced sorcery. Senar was allowed to join the heptagram but the talent of the Dragon Blooded made competing unfair. After the heptagramm Senar followed his dream of becoming a musician. Avil being mortal had to earn his keep he setlled in the lap and grew and traded wheat with gem. Founding a beautiful family.
    After he embarrassed himself with a completely botched proposal in the heptagram senar was supposed to be wed until the other family called it off. Since then Senar has been pursuing his musical career with limited success.
    Birthday parties remain a important connection. Every year we meet, drink together, discuss life , and are merry.
    This year Avil did not show up as scheduled.
    After the party passed, I cast Infallible Messenger. The messenger left , the next day the messenger left again. This continued for some time.
    Senar decided to cancel his tour and travel to the Lap.
    Looking for his oldest friend he visited Avils family two children and a wife.
    Avil did not return from his tour to transport grain from the Lap to Gem.
    Senar threw more political weight around than he actually ever had to get an appointment with the officials in the city.Nobody knows what happened exactly in the desert, but Senar begged the monks and soldiers to save his friend and father of two. They said there is no Wyld Hunt available. Senar demanded search parties. A fist fight occurred between general Ledal and Senar to no surprise the general won. It was decided no troops would be sacrificed to save what is likely dead.Senar has a purpose.
    He split what money he had when arriving in the lap to give Avils family and the local temple
    The temple was paid and Senar spent five days kneeling in front of the temple stairs only for the opportunity to learn the essence of Wood Dragon Style.
    After mastering the basics and gathering as many people as possible Senar intends to step into the desert to save his childhood friend.
    And he is glad about every friend in this endeavour.

Edit: Eurus what would you think about us knowing each other because Senars weddings was supposed to be with a member of the Tepet family that died?
    So maybe acquaintances?
    Advice and change requests are gladly heard.
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2020-06-14 at 09:12 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Hi !

I rewrote my background to be a more motivated member. Does it fit with what you had in mind?

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Nobody is that stupid.
    The old Sifu said.
    He was wrong.
    One dynast is that stupid.

Senar was a dynast child like everybody else and Avil was his best friend.
    Much changed when Senar was chosen and Avil not. Both of us Cynis children that practiced sorcery. Senar was allowed to join the heptagram but the talent of the Dragon Blooded made competing unfair. After the heptagramm Senar followed his dream of becoming a musician. Avil being mortal had to earn his keep he setlled in the lap and grew and traded wheat with gem. Founding a beautiful family.
    After he embarrassed himself with a completely botched proposal in the heptagram senar was supposed to be wed until the other family called it off. Since then Senar has been pursuing his musical career with limited success.
    Birthday parties remain a important connection. Every year we meet, drink together, discuss life , and are merry.
    This year Avil did not show up as scheduled.
    After the party passed, I cast Infallible Messenger. The messenger left , the next day the messenger left again. This continued for some time.
    Senar decided to cancel his tour and travel to the Lap.
    Looking for his oldest friend he visited Avils family two children and a wife.
    Avil did not return from his tour to transport grain from the Lap to Gem.
    Senar threw more political weight around than he actually ever had to get an appointment with the officials in the city.Nobody knows what happened exactly in the desert, but Senar begged the monks and soldiers to save his friend and father of two. They said there is no Wyld Hunt available. Senar demanded search parties. A fist fight occurred between general Ledal and Senar to no surprise the general won. It was decided no troops would be sacrificed to save what is likely dead.Senar has a purpose.
    He split what money he had when arriving in the lap to give Avils family and the local temple
    The temple was paid and Senar spent five days kneeling in front of the temple stairs only for the opportunity to learn the essence of Wood Dragon Style.
    After mastering the basics and gathering as many people as possible Senar intends to step into the desert to save his childhood friend.
    And he is glad about every friend in this endeavour.

Edit: Eurus what would you think about us knowing each other because Senars weddings was supposed to be with a member of the Tepet family that died?
    So maybe acquaintances?
    Advice and change requests are gladly heard.
    ... how to put this delicately... it needs work.

I like that Senar has a very personal connection to Gem and the Lap, along with a clear goal that is not the same as the Hunt's (even if they're closely related). Having a potential relation to House Tepet also gives a point of contact with another circle member.

All that said... It took me 3 tries to figure out what this was describing (the formatting doesn't help) and I'm still not sure I got everything. As near as I can tell, Senar had a good friend who became a farmer in Lap. On a trip between Lap and Gem, he went missing. Senar became frustrated with the lack of a proper response and tried to punch a general to get a search party going? And then gave some money to the local temple to learn Wood Dragon style? And he is also a musician?

What family was Senar to marry into before it was cancelled? Who did he propose to in his botched proposal and why? How did he throw around more political weight than he actually had? Did he overstep his bounds, or did he impersonate someone? What is the point of the "no dynast is that stupid" quote? Using the quote in that manner implies it's a running theme in Senar's life but what is he doing here that's stupid besides punching a general? Why does the perspective shift from third to first person for three lines? What does "dynast child like everybody else" even mean? Not everybody is the child of a Dragon-Blooded.

There's an idea here, but polishing is needed.
    INFP

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

But the answers in the Spoiler to not fill up the thread too much. Thanks for the quick response!

Spoiler: Background Questions
    Show
    ... how to put this delicately... it needs work.

I like that Senar has a very personal connection to Gem and the Lap, along with a clear goal that is not the same as the Hunt's (even if they're closely related). Having a potential relation to House Tepet also gives a point of contact with another circle member.

All that said... It took me 3 tries to figure out what this was describing (the formatting doesn't help) and I'm still not sure I got everything. As near as I can tell, Senar had a good friend who became a farmer in Lap. On a trip between Lap and Gem, he went missing.

Yeah, my late night posts can lack a bit of clarity. Sorry about that. But yes, exactly that.

Senar became frustrated with the lack of a proper response and tried to punch a general to get a search party going? And then gave some money to the local temple to learn Wood Dragon style? And he is also a musician?

I have to admit I remembered the wrong house. The Lap is defended by a Cathak legion. And lets be honest, they would probably kill somebody for trying that. So there probably was some passionate name calling?

And then gave some money to the local temple to learn Wood Dragon style? And he is also a musician?
    I was thinking a symbol of dedication for a Dynast to give his property to the local temple. The Dragon Styles are supposed to be brutal to learn so showing one's commitment might be good? In stat terms I was thinking going no resources and some Backing Immaculate Order and Backing House Cynis?

And he is also a musician?
    Musician without real world experience and no calling until his friend disappeared was the general idea. Perhaps growing as a musician as he gathers experience in the real world?

What family was Senar to marry into before it was cancelled?
    I like the idea of House Tepet, and the connection with Eurus. That way we can have this awkward silence of I have seen you before and we both do not want to talk about painful memories.

Who did he propose to in his botched proposal and why?
    I was thinking Fabia Sesus an early teenage love that was not reciprocated. But I would keep that flexible to maybe give another connection to a group member? Maybe somebody from the same house? Maybe a student that remembers the rumours of the incident?

How did he throw around more political weight than he actually had?
    My fault, not clear enough with that. He tried, but failed would be my take.

Did he overstep his bounds, or did he impersonate someone?
    Definitely overstepped some boundaries, claiming that one human is worth risking the lives of many soldiers. With no tactical skill or knowledge to back his claims up. But lots of emotional rhetoric with little real world value.

What is the point of the "no dynast is that stupid" quote? Using the quote in that manner implies it's a running theme in Senar's life but what is he doing here that's stupid besides punching a general? What does "dynast child like everybody else" even mean? Not everybody is the child of a Dragon-Blooded.
    I see the idea of a dynast that was spoiled in his childhood and grew up away from the harsh realities that other children in creation had to deal with. There was no disease, poverty, war around the corner. A happy kid now walking out into an unforgiving reality. He loves his parents, his parents love him. Life on the Blessed Isle was blessed.

Why does the perspective shift from third to first person for three lines?
    Had the feeling first person would be the gold standard and ran with the idea, but did not follow through entirely.

29. - Top - End - #29

ClericGuy

As much as I was looking forward to this game it seems you've now got a fully created Air Aspect, I have to ask, are we willing to have two? I'm just in the process of making my character, and I know that Tangible wanted it to be a full circle, and two air aspects would undo that.

So if we can have two air aspects, I'll finish off my character, if we're not going to do that, how do we resolve this?

I don't want to be difficult, and am happy to bow out if that's easier, as I only really want to play an Air Aspect (again not trying to be difficult about it, just the others don't appeal to me).
    Last edited by ShadowImmor; 2020-06-15 at 09:34 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowImmor View Post
    As much as I was looking forward to this game it seems you've now got a fully created Air Aspect, I have to ask, are we willing to have two? I'm just in the process of making my character, and I know that Tangible wanted it to be a full circle, and two air aspects would undo that.

So if we can have two air aspects, I'll finish off my character, if we're not going to do that, how do we resolve this?

I don't want to be difficult, and am happy to bow out if that's easier, as I only really want to play an Air Aspect (again not trying to be difficult about it, just the others don't appeal to me).
    By the same token I'm making a Fire aspect.