Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [DH] A Wretched Hive (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Lyra draws her pistol, turning to Nuala and says, "Hungry," as she turns back to eye the rodent.
    'Can't see there being much to eat in there.' Nuala isn't a good enough shot to expect to shoot the rat if she needed to but she'll draw her own pistol. After a closer look at the rat whose leg was presumably broken, she go and look to see if Lyra had any food.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Just in case
    Awareness vs. Per 35 (Awareness +10)
    (1d100)[33]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Did anyone official ever come see you about those IDs?'
    "I can neither confirm nor deny," said Nathias dryly. His tone grew more serious. "I wouldn't be much of a forger if I discussed my clients outside of a need-to-know basis. I'm sure you understand."

Nathias almost drew his revolver too, then decided he would be more of a danger to himself. He had never fired the thing in anger and was not sure he had the nerve to not accidentally discharge it at the first surprise.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2021-03-07 at 10:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer
    A Wretched Hive (DH) as Nathias Falkner

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
    "I can neither confirm nor deny," said Nathias dryly. His tone grew more serious. "I wouldn't be much of a forger if I discussed my clients outside of a need-to-know basis. I'm sure you understand."
    'Yeah, I'm the last person who'd pass that on. It's just that if your work is good I can always put you in touch with a few people up nearer the hiveskin.'

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyra's hab

Ignorant of the danger that the guns represented, the rat cautiously stepped forwards to the mouth of the vent, and took a leap of faith. Unperturbed by an awkward landing at the base of the wall, it righted itself, and skittered across the floor around Lyra's legs. Glancing into the vacated vent, Lyra saw nothing as interesting as a severed limb: only oblong faecal droppings, smeared up against the back of the vent where the rodent had been lingering.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If you want to interrupt the rat's escape, you can try with a combat action (no need to roll initiative). Otherwise, if you let it go, it soon disappears around a skirting board.

Bennosuke, I'll leave the contents of Lyra's hab up to you, vis--vis food that Nuala might find.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Carys couldn't help but laugh. "A gossip journalist!"

She turned away from the door. "Alright, no Greencoats. Whatever it is seems to have shut itself in, so... fine. The door's locked. It can starve for all I care."

She swayed with nausea and had to rest a hand on the wall. "But I am going to the hospital."

6. - Top - End - #246

SamuraiGuy

Lyra's hab was little more than a cot, a shelf and a large work desk covered with papers, parchment and data slates. A single candle had nearly gutted at he corner of the work table, and the only other light came from a flickering fluorescent overhead lamp as there were no windows. A small cube shaped refridge sat open and empty in the corner of the room, and it was to this that the rodent likely scurried.

Initially Lyra paid the intruder no mind as she studied the inside of the ventilation shaft. Scowling at it's empty content, she turned, but by then the rat was already gone, having squirmed its way through one of the many growing cracks in the hab wall. Frowning Lyra says, "Well that was a waste. Anyways, as I said, got plenty of dirt on Lem now. Not sure how we want to use it, but I think it's a start."

(OOC: So sorry for the delay)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Nuala briefly investigates the fridge but isn't quick enough to go after the rat. She'll let it go but is still frankly suspicious. 'Maybe it was nothing, but someone was presumably on your roof. For all we know Vane had people looking into all of us.' How paranoid did the woman want to be? It wasn't as if it would be easy to keep watch on your own building given what Vane had them doing.

On the dirt that Lyra had gathered on Lem, 'Dirt. Do we want to blackmail him then? Even if we get him alone he doesn't seem like someone who would take that well.'

She'll also elaborate on Gurner, 'As I said he was a gunsmith of some kind. Probably as a side business. I brought some of his papers with me just in case he keeps a record of who he was dealing with. I'll need you guys to help me with that. Never actually got round to learning gothic properly.' Nuala decides to shrug that off. So far she had got by well enough without learning to read. 'Maybe none of it is important, but there was a technical manual hidden away in his safe. I think he might have been building something for the Redemptionists and they killed him over it. Someone had a good go at breaking open the safe anyway.'

'The guns are all in Nathias' taxi if you want to take a look. Maybe that was all they wanted, but then I'd be interested what they wanted them for. I imagine if they were going for quantity over quality it probably isn't that hard to find someone to sell you a load of cheap guns even down here on the civilised levels. They go missing from the PDF all the time.'

8. - Top - End - #248

SamuraiGuy

Nuala briefly investigates the fridge but isn't quick enough to go after the rat. She'll let it go but is still frankly suspicious. 'Maybe it was nothing, but someone was presumably on your roof. For all we know Vane had people looking into all of us.' How paranoid did the woman want to be? It wasn't as if it would be easy to keep watch on your own building given what Vane had them doing.
    Lyra grimaced, failing to hide her irritation. 'How had she not thought of that!' she thought, 'was her hab even safe?'

On the dirt that Lyra had gathered on Lem, 'Dirt. Do we want to blackmail him then? Even if we get him alone he doesn't seem like someone who would take that well.'
    Lyra shrugged, replying flatly, "Information is information. We went to that canteen hoping to get information on Father Riggs and the Red Redemptionists. I think our lead was good there. Things went to **** there for sure, but ya, maybe getting him alone and defenseless, maybe we can... twist some info out of him." She shrugs again, trying to show that it didn't bother her.

She'll also elaborate on Gurner, 'As I said he was a gunsmith of some kind. Probably as a side business. I brought some of his papers with me just in case he keeps a record of who he was dealing with. I'll need you guys to help me with that. Never actually got round to learning gothic properly.' Nuala decides to shrug that off. So far she had got by well enough without learning to read. 'Maybe none of it is important, but there was a technical manual hidden away in his safe. I think he might have been building something for the Redemptionists and they killed him over it. Someone had a good go at breaking open the safe anyway.'

'The guns are all in Nathias' taxi if you want to take a look. Maybe that was all they wanted, but then I'd be interested what they wanted them for. I imagine if they were going for quantity over quality it probably isn't that hard to find someone to sell you a load of cheap guns even down here on the civilised levels. They go missing from the PDF all the time.'
    Lyra nods, a grin returning to her face. "That's a good lead," she says, "Let's get out of here and take a look at those weapons. I'll bring my files. Let's regroup and discuss as a... team. I'll be happy to help you look over Gurner's papers with you once we're all together."
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)