Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ VI: Attack of the Civs

Spoiler: Spectator war update
    Show

[So in a word bad. I should have gotten my encampment up sooner, I also didn't know that a catapult can move and shoot if you give it a great general.

However Stairwell was not settled that defensively. Both Racketrina, and Maifoso's pizzahut are much better settled defensively, so hopefully I can prevent the lose of more cities.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Specator War Update
    Show
    Citizens of the Oligarchy of Scythia, your commanders bring to you a report from the front lines.

Don Montezuma, in his hubris, believed that he could conquer the world driven by his mysterious pizza gods. By the tenets of Wrathism, your warriors have taught him the error of his ways. The stolen plans for his crossbows have proven most useful in supporting our remaining catapult in the siege of Pizzaville. Having slain all the defenders on the outskirts of the business, our horsemen ride in to claim their prize.

BETRAYAL! For the Don has left all his dough and ingredients on the tables, without using any cold storage. Our horsemen dare not taste of their spoiled spoils. Henceforth, the Don's former Pizzaville shall be known as "The Expired Pizza." General Sun Tzu believes this to be an appropriate title for such a despoiled palace.

Our spies report that we now command a force more than double that of the Don's. We have also learnt how to deal with the troublesome pikemen that he has attempted to deploy against us. We shall mop up all resistance in the south before moving on to the eastern fortress of Mafioso's Insurance HQ.

Our three brave scouting divisions seek out aid in our struggle against the Don. We suspect there is a people out there who has not yet heard of the atrocity of Don Montezuma the Violent. It's not a story the Aztec would tell them. It's a Scythian legend. Don Montezuma was a Pizza Lord so powerful and violent he could use his force to slaughter all who crossed him...
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

3. - Top - End - #123

Spoiler: Spectator war update
    Show

[So in a word bad. Right now my goal is to be a thorn in Raygallade's side for as long as possible to discourage future players from warring me. I'm not sure how effective that will be, considering tvtyrant can't see any of this. Still never surrender.

Right now my goal is to get enough gold to upgrade an eagle warrior to a Musketman, doing so SHOULD boost my cities defensive strength by 14.]

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectator War Update
    Show
    Citizens of the Oligarchy of Scythia, your commanders bring to you a report from the front lines. Following this message, Oligarch Tomyris shall address the council on the status of our new empire.

We have taken Capowned from the vile Don. However, there is something mysterious about this place. Something about the architecture suggests that many of the structures here were added onto. Buildings near the city center have a different style than that of the pizza villain. And there is the matter of the fertilization complex. We have discovered the graves of thousands of people here, all burried outside of town in the desert. Since we cannot identify them, they must be the unknown people whose demise the tribals brought word of. We have renamed this place "The Unknown Grave" in honor of these fallen souls. May the Wrath be with them.

Our forces under the command of General Sun Tzu have taken the southland and now march north. Our intelligence suggests we hold a 4-1 advantage over the Don's forces. Soon we shall pacify all resistance in this sector we shall march on the Insurance HQ. Resistance has been light, though walls have been cropping up in our way. This is nothing compared to the power of the Wrath. Our troops shall overcome all resistance and then continue east.

This concludes your military update. Up next, Oligarch Tomyris.

"Thank you, messenger, for bringing us the words of General Sun Tzu's exploits. May his forces overcome the Pizza Lord Don Montezuma the Violent. Now for an update on domestic affairs.

"Life in The Frozen North continues as it always has: harsh, but fair. Our stables provide the horsemen sufficient room and board to care for the horses. There was a time when we couldn't support domestic cares due to the needs of our military, but fortunately those days are past. We have since established a public library for the people's use. Outside the encampment, the people have chosen to form terracotta into the shape of our soldiers to honor them. Soon we shall debut their work for all to see.

"The home of Wrathism, I Hate Sand's prosperity was cut down by the Pizza Lord's sabotage. Still, we shall continue to harness the power of the Wrath to drive back the Pizza scourge. Again, the library system has expanded here to give the lay people something to enjoy. For now, I Hate Sand shall continue to support the war effort.

"The Fertile Grasses has chosen to send out a new development team to settle on the salty sea to our south. Their library system is the pride of the city and we shall honor their work for the war effort. Their cotton, recently harvest by survivors of an Eagle Warrior attack, has provided smart uniforms for the horsemen and warm blankets for the people.

"The Don's Hubris, where the Pizza Lord believed he could hold back our forces, has provided many secrets to our military. Our spies discovered the secrets of his crossbows, assembled a mighty catapult, and now serve as a vital watchpost in the event of northeastern retaliation against our offensive. The new inhabitants of the city have been among our greatest merchants and have taught us the ways of trade.

"After throwing out the expired vegetables, pizza sauce, and pizza dough, The Expired Pizza turned out to be an excellent source of goods for our beleaguered people. This city alone has provided us the means of pacifying angry citizens across the entire nation. The walls have been rebuilt and a new encampment is being constructed to protect the people from any invaders.

"Recently welcomed into our midst, The Unknown Grave has provided plenty of food. However, until the war is over, the travelers have sworn not to touch a single bite of it. May the war end soon so that they may feast upon the delicious grains.

"Our newest acquisition, The Delicious Garden has proven to be an excellent source of food for the nation. However, the dark side of the Pizza is a pathway to many cuisines, some considered to be unnatural. As such, the Wrath knights have sealed away the Pizza section and have grown only hardy ingredients here for us to supply everyone with safely.

This concludes my presentation to the council. May the Wrath be with you all.

"Um, how do I get across here..? Somebody? Anybody? Help?"

"There must be more people out there, right? My mission is not in vain I hope."
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    Citizens of the Oligarchy of Scythia, your commanders bring to you a report from the front lines.

The siege of Mafioso Insurance HQ has begun. You will notice that we have destroyed the local niter mine and thoroughly pillaged the campus. Don Montezuma the Violent has lost all of his income, scientific development, and military might. His mafioso have begun laying down their arms and abandoning the war effort. Our horsemen shall drag the Don out of his hiding hole soon enough. We have waited a long time for this, our little Pizza friend...

In the sacking of Teayo, we found the secrets of the Don's terrifying weapon of war: the musket. Once we have conquered the Insurance HQ, we shall outfit our foot soldiers with the weapon. We have also nearly completed research on a siege weapon that will use this power. Once we have outfitted our field weapons, the Scythians shall rule the continent once again.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Illven (Aztecs)
    Show
    It is over, Don Montezuma, I have The High Ground.

Surrender now and you will be brought to The Frozen North for your sentencing. As our terms for your surrender, you will cede all control of every interest you ever controled, including permitting our troops to occupy Cement Shoeshop, to the might of the Scythian Oligarchy.

Please understand that your crimes against the Scythian Oligarchy mean that you will be executed, but your lawyers will be allowed to be present for your execution and we will add tax evasion to your list of crimes. If you do not surrender now, we will still conquer the Shoeshop, you will never be convicted of tax evasion, and we will see to it that no one will ever find your corpse.

You have 1 hour to respond before our forces occupy your Shoeshop.

7. - Top - End - #127

Spoiler: Raygallade:Scythia
    Show

"We hear at Cement Shoeshop will never surrender. We will fight to the last gangster, to the last slice of pizza, to the last block of ceme....." *Crash* *Smash* *Bash*

"What...wait.. what... what are you doing? What are you doing!? Fredo, you're breaking my heart, Fredo!"

We surrender! Just don't hurt us too badly.

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show

My city will complete a wall on my turn, but I don't have the time before it'll fall for it to do anything else. Without any troops, there's no reason for me to stay. An ending spectator update shall come soon.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Illven (Aztecs)
    Show
    "You are wise to surrender, Fredo, and have done the right thing. You are strong in the Wrath and shall be offered a position as my apprentice in my new empire. Merely hand over Don Montezuma to Generals Sun Tzu and Gustavus Adolphus and inform him of your brave actions. We must move quickly in seizing Cement Shoeshop before the other mafioso realize what has happened.

9. - Top - End - #129

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

So when I started, my plan was to find a city state bully it for free workers, and then use my lux bonus to make my cities super tall.

Obviously something got away from me.

We start at the dawn of the game, Brazil settled next to me. Now, besides that fact that it's a free civilian, I wanted some breathing room, in addition taking the settler here means Brazil is just flat out of the game. No chance for reprisals. In retrospect, I may have been better off pm'ing Lentrax, telling her what happened, and having her tell Dataninja that someone told her what happened and that nothing was wrong, rather then post a time to team Illven blairhorn

Then we get Ai China 8 tiles from my cap, which is far far too close. In addition due to player leaving it was under AI control, which means it can't defend as well as a player. Were the Fallen one still in the game, I'd actually be more hesitant.

Then we get to the toptier roleplaying part of the game, extorting Germany for their settler. Which ironically Germany didn't need to give in too. They could have promised to pay me, then cover their settler with their warrior and tell me to get bent. Of course if they did pay me, I would have course made sure that their settler get to their desired spot! Referencing OOTS with their 5 star protection.

Then I completely failed to form any defensive barricades, and got my *** handed to me by light cavalry. Any questions?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    The war, the horror, it is all finally over. Fredo, true to his word, delivered Don Montezuma the Violent into the waiting arms of General Sun Tzu and recently appointed General Gustavus Adolphus. The Don was promptly brought back to The Frozen North where he was quickly convicted of over seventy counts of tax evasion. The Pizza Lord proclaimed something to the media as he was led to the execution grounds near the stables. After his execution, his remains were sent to The Spoiled Pizza to be interred beside his fallen brethren. His gravestone lists the numerous crimes he committed against the new Scythian Empire.

Meanwhile, we see General Sun Tzu's final reports of the warfront:

The fighting was fierce, but our new bombards toppled the walls quickly, especially our perfected team who had devised long-range firing techniques. This will certainly serve General Adolphus well as he seeks out new land.

Our promise kept, the war machine has proven its worth. We learned our lesson from Don Montezuma the Violent: When we take a swing, we'd better not miss.

We have found signs of another people. We cannot trust outsiders. We shall swing with all we have got at them. Let the world know, the new Scythian Empire begins today!
    Last edited by RayGallade; 2020-07-31 at 12:08 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    An address from Oligarch Tomyris.

The last vestiges of The Old Oligarchy have been swept away. Henceforth, we shall be declared the Scythian Empire. I have taken the formal title Darth Regina to mark this new era of the continent. At last we shall reveal ourselves to the Others. At last we shall have our Wrath.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: tvtyrant (Greece)
    Show
    Hello there. You may address me as Darth Regina, supreme monarch of the Scythian Empire, Oligarch of The Frozen North, Conqueror of The Expired Pizza, and Liberator of The Unknown Grave and The High Ground.

My horse mounted scouts report meeting a friend of yours, Hojo Tokimune. We have sent our apprentice, Darth Fener to join you at your table. We hope you are welcoming to him.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    Spoiler: tvtyrant (Greece)
    Show
    Hello there. You may address me as Darth Regina, supreme monarch of the Scythian Empire, Oligarch of The Frozen North, Conqueror of The Expired Pizza, and Liberator of The Unknown Grave and The High Ground.

My horse mounted scouts report meeting a friend of yours, Hojo Tokimune. We have sent our apprentice, Darth Fener to join you at your table. We hope you are welcoming to him.
    There's just two of us, I don't think we need spoilers anymore :P

Hail and well met Madam or Sir! It is joyous to meet such an esteemable and meritous guest! Sparta is a land of countless barbarians, blood and flowers. We welcome you to our lands and hope you don't mind the skull decor. We are redecorating with some recent citizens who are alas, late.

And so this is how democracy dies, to thunderous hooves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2020-07-31 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Darth Fener has informed me that he was welcomed warmly to your house. This is wise and the Scythian Empire appreciates your hospitality. You were much kinder than your friend, Hojo. He refused our request to attend peaceful negotiations. To bring peace, freedom, justice and security to my new empire, I may have to bring him into my fold, willingly or not.

-Darth Regina

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Citizens of the civilized world, on this day we mark a transition!

First, there was the Pizza Rebellion. Our loyal horse troopers contained the insurrection within his tax evading companies and quelled the uprisings on a thousand fronts. Don Montezuma the Violent dared to insult our people and he paid the price for his lack of vision. The Pizza Rebellion has been foiled. We then traveled the world in search of friends.

We met a people called the Japanese and their allies, the Greeks. I sent my apprentice, Darth Fener to speak with Gorgo, leader of the Greeks. He met with her at her table and we believed that there would be peace in our time. But then, betrayal. Our forces were ambushed by the Japanese and their city state allies. Darth Fener barely escaped with his life and has returned to The Frozen North. There was even an assassination attempt on me! The attempt on my life has left me scarred and deformed. But I assure you, my resolve has never been stronger!

In order to ensure the security and continued stability of our government, the world will be reorganized into the first Scythian Empire! For a safe, and secure, society!

Gorgo, we give you the lesson that Don Montezuma taught us: when you take a swing at us, you'd better not miss. We certainly won't miss with our swing.
    Last edited by RayGallade; 2020-07-31 at 11:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Illven
    Show

Assuming you hadn't been wiped out, what victory would you have gone for? Early domination?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    Citizens of the civilized world, on this day we mark a transition!

First, there was the Pizza Rebellion. Our loyal horse troopers contained the insurrection within his tax evading companies and quelled the uprisings on a thousand fronts. Don Montezuma the Violent dared to insult our people and he paid the price for his lack of vision. The Pizza Rebellion has been foiled. We then traveled the world in search of friends.

We met a people called the Japanese and their allies, the Greeks. I sent my apprentice, Darth Fener to speak with Gorgo, leader of the Greeks. He met with her at her table and we believed that there would be peace in our time. But then, betrayal. Our forces were ambushed by the Japanese and their city state allies. Darth Fener barely escaped with his life and has returned to The Frozen North. There was even an assassination attempt on me! The attempt on my life has left me scarred and deformed. But I assure you, my resolve has never been stronger!

In order to ensure the security and continued stability of our government, the world will be reorganized into the first Scythian Empire! For a safe, and secure, society!

Gorgo, we give you the lesson that Don Montezuma taught us: when you take a swing at us, you'd better not miss. We certainly won't miss with our swing.
    A wise man boasts after winning, not before.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Bold words for one who does not know the power of the Dark Side of the Wrath.

Show
    Citizens of the Scythian Empire, we bring you this bulletin from the war effort.

From the ruins of The Fallen Outpost, we have devised a way to further improve our bombards. We shall name this weapon "Artillery." No wall shall stand before the might of the Scyth.

The final report of General Sun Tzu

Citizens of the Scythian Empire, it is with great honor that I retire from public service. I have overseen the Pizza Wars and the beginning stages of the Rebellion, but age is catching up to me. I shall continue to support the war effort through my memoirs and will serve Darth Regina as her personal advisor. May the Wrath be with you.

The evil Hojo has betrayed his ally Gorgo, casting her troops from his lands. Our horse legions quickly overwhelmed her scattered forces and swallowed them up. Only two officers survived to escape our forces. The day shall soon be ours on this front. General Adolphus believes that Hojo will surrender and join our Empire once we take his palace, leaving only Gorgo to resist us.

Even without Artillery support, our forces quickly overwhelmed Hojo's defenses. We anticipate that the negotiations will be short.

19. - Top - End - #139

NinjaGuy

... I literally only now got the Scyth/Sith pun. I need to hand in my nerd badge.
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

20. - Top - End - #140

Spoiler: Specators
    Show

Actually probably not with how far everyone else was, probably would have gone to space on the back of conquered empires.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well the war is going... Poorly.

Spoiler: The size of them man
    Show

Spoiler: The last line of defense.
    Show

It is true that our freedoms will be lost to this emperor from the North, but we will die upon our shields at the hot gates of Kyoto.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hojo has ceded The Old Republic to Empire control under the condition that he provide all his income and trade goods directly to Darth Regina. All that remains is to drive the Greek shields away and there shall be 10,000 years of safety and security for the Scythian Empire.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler: The end!
    Show

Kyoto fell in three turns, and I was driven away by main force. Unwilling to allow my lands to burn in the fires of Scythian Perfidy, I have ceded the game.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Darth Regina will accept the Greecian surrender. Once more the Scyth shall rule the world! We now shall focus all of our efforts into developing a method to leave this planet, for we believe there is more outside of this world that we may rule.

Well played everyone. I shall send off a final spectator update for those who are interested.

Spoiler: Final Spectator Update
    Show

We began our rise to power from humble beginnings. The Frozen North seemed inhospitable, but eventually became a military powerhouse the likes of which this world would never match.

As the seat of power for the Scythian Empire, we had remarkably powerful production for a tundra-based city. Starting with two horses in our capital provided the foundation for a military that would sweep away all life.

Our second city, I Hate Sand, was the only city to break from our naming conventions. The city was betrayed by Don Montezuma the Violent with his construction of the structure known as Petra in The Unknown Grave, and thus never thrived as was intended.

However, it became a vital research and defense post for the Empire and provided a safe route for our trade caravans to pass through.

The Fertile Grasses, founded to provide a source of cotton, never really did much. Like I Hate Sand, its future purpose was to provide research and commerce stations for our scientists.

Here is its final state as of the end of the war.

Founded upon its namesake, The Precious Niter's only purpose was to outfit our soldiers for the long war ahead. As such, it served its role perfectly. Never much water to be found here, though.

When we were faced with war-weary citizens, The Lakeside View provided beautiful silver and good smelling incense to all. Otherwise, it wasn't around long enough to do anything.

And this concludes all the local cities that we established in our empire. Every other city was claimed by blood from our enemies. Don Montezuma the Violent, tax evader extraordinaire, Hojo the backstabber, and Gorgo the Wise all provided beautiful cities for us to settle into. Some we allowed to live, but others were quickly driven away into death.

In time, the Empire named this planet Coruscant, covered the entire planet in cityscape, and left for other planets, spreading the Wrath to all aliens they met. The Scythians built an Empire that would last forever.

Spoiler: Final Thoughts
    Show
    I never entered this game planning to play for Domination, but I did intend to horse rush my first neighbor. Unfortunately (or fortunately as it turned out), I ended up next to Illven. I never expected to win that war. I was being out-science 4:1, out-cultured, and out-earned. The only thing that made my victory possible was patroning Sun Tzu and having one of my three catapults survive taking Stairwell. Once that was accomplished, I was able to move quickly enough to overwhelm Illven's forces even though I was fielding horsemen vs muskets.

By the way, I'm so glad that Gathering Storm added in Coursers. Who in their right mind thought that light cavalry needed to go from the Classical to Industrial eras without any upgraded units?

Well played everyone. Looks like I notch my first GitP Civilization win.
    Last edited by RayGallade; 2020-08-01 at 05:45 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145

NinjaGuy

Thanks for all the updates everyone, much appreciated!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

And some of us were even entertaining.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.