New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ VI: Attack of the Civs

Spoiler: Dataninja;Germany
    Show

"Look. That's a pretty nice Settler you got there. So sweet and innocent. It'd be a terrible shame if anything were to happen to it."

"But luckily for you, today we're offering a special. Mafioso's insurance. Pay us, and uh maybe nothing bad happens to your settler. Capiche?"

"It'll just be, eh lets go with 100 gold with a 3 gold per turn upkeep. Got mouths to feed ya know?"

~Don Montezuma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    I like how you think essentially our entire economy is a fair price to pay for 'protection'. Did you learn that style of kneecapping from the barbarians that have ravaged every aspect of our life?
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

3. - Top - End - #63

Spoiler: DataNinja;Germany
    Show

"Hey, I'm just saying if you don't pay up, I can't be held responsible for what happens to your super sweet and innocent settler, you don't want anything to happen to the poor guy right?"

"And hey friend, what's the the unflattering comparisons. I don't compare you to city states, right?"

"So wanna pay for protection?"

~Don Montezuma.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    You can absolutely be held responsible if it's by your hand.

And as of currently we are no better than a city-state. That's the entire point of this excursion.

I cannot afford to pay. It will leave me with inadequate economy to support myself.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: DataNinja (Germany)
    Show
    Hello, hello, hello from The Frozen North that is Scythia. My scout just reported in from your western border. We hope this meeting heralds Peace and Prosperity between our two Empires.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: RayGallade
    Show
    I would say 'well met', but, well... the odds are that my empire may not be around much longer. I refused Montezuma's extortions for my entire economy. And the barbarians have ravaged me such that I have virtually no army remaining. Fortify yourself, so that he may not strongarm you, too, with the power that he has wrested from us added to his own.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: DataNinja (Germany)
    Show
    These are unfortunate tidings indeed. We have only just met this Montezuma and he seemed friendly enough. We are rushing as quick as we can to mount up our warriors in the event of invasion. Fortunately, we have plenty of horses to go around.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: RayGallade
    Show
    He acts friendly, but as soon as he has an inch, he will take every advantage of it. I was sending out a settler for my second city, but my army got nearly wiped out by barbarians. Had to run my civilians away for safety. Managed to get the barbarians destroyed, and inches away from reuniting... his scouts came up next to my civilians. Threatened to capture them if I didn't pay him essentially all of my treasury and all of my economic production. I could not afford that. And now those citizens are his.

Germany will not prosper, of that, I am certain. Right now, it is a fight for survival. I can only hope that others do not meet the same fate. I ask only that you spread the word. That none again trust the duplicitous Montezuma.

9. - Top - End - #69

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

"Yeah, see another free TOTALLY PAID WORKERStm see."

"Next turn we shake China down for all they got and they better pay up, see."

~Don Montezuma.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Spectator Update
    Show
    Ah, man... to add to the cherry on top of my problems, Stonehenge was completed out from under me, the turn I was completing it. Man. That hurts. It was, in retrospect, a stupid choice. 14 turns down the drain. But that's all that this game has really ended up being. Bad choice upon bad choice.

I'm bad at this game.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Spectator -> DataNinja
    Show

Ouchies. Were you aiming to get an early religion for any reason in particular i.e. was it going to figure into your strategy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Spectators;thatSeniorGuy
    Show
    Was hoping to get the... uh, Defender of the Faith. I always have an issue with neglecting military, and tend to play extremely defensively, so that extra military power boost when defending the homeland has come in clutch before. Being able to get a jump on free housing is nice, too... I always seem to run out of that.

Don't actually know if my choices are good, but... well, guess if you're failing, might as well fail spectacularly. Didn't have too much hope, and being next to the person with double clout kinda sealed things.

13. - Top - End - #73

You never respond to my post Seniorguy!

14. - Top - End - #74

NinjaGuy

In my defence, I just recently discovered this thread (and the other one too)! I recently got into Civ VI and wondered if there were any threads like there were for V, and lo and behold!

Spoiler: DataNinja
    Show

Look at it this way, you won't be regretting that decision for long
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Spectators;thatSeniorGuy
    Show
    Touché, I suppose. Touché.

At least my misery can bring someone enjoyment.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-07-07 at 12:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Man, these barbarians sure are a pain in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I've never seen them this aggressive or in this many numbers before. Maybe I was just lucky in prior games? But usually I was able to kill the scouts before stuff spawned in.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I have seen none, so good job team! I literally picked the barbarian fighting group and everyone else is bulwarking for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

19. - Top - End - #79

You're like right next to me, how are you not getting any barbarian action?
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

20. - Top - End - #80

@Tvtyrant The unleashed power of meat shields has changed everything. Save your mode of special abilities, and you thus drift towards unparalleled catastrophe.

Show

"Yeah, see. We're going to demand protection money next turn see. And China better pay up, see!"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    You're like right next to me, how are you not getting any barbarian action?
    No idea. I sent a settler out into unexplored territory earlier to find a spot for a city and it went fine.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    No idea. I sent a settler out into unexplored territory earlier to find a spot for a city and it went fine.
    Lucky you.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Ilven
    Show
    What the hell is wrong with that map? How can there be so many capitals so close together?
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

24. - Top - End - #84

Spoiler: Narkis
    Show

Listen apparently when I said there would only be war for the Azetcs, the game decided that I would mean it.

25. - Top - End - #85

Show

Well I thought I took a picture of it, but apparently not.

"China just sent a happy innocent settler right into our Eagle Warrior's loving hands. Thank you for the gift China, we'll take good care of it!"

[3. 3 stolen settlers, even if I don't think I can get away with Germany's one. I can always delete it.]

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    There's a barbarian camp pretty close by to you so they'll probably be not long comin'. In the spirit of neighborly cooperation I'd like to propose that we work together to beat the hell out of whatever comes at either of us, since anything that's a threat to me is probably also gonna be a threat to you (and vice versa).

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    There's a barbarian camp pretty close by to you so they'll probably be not long comin'. In the spirit of neighborly cooperation I'd like to propose that we work together to beat the hell out of whatever comes at either of us, since anything that's a threat to me is probably also gonna be a threat to you (and vice versa).
    I agree entirely. Let us make firm Alliance in these chaotic times.

28. - Top - End - #88

Show

"Hm. Hemmed in by barbarians on one side, and flanked by germans on the other."

"So be it! Straight to the mats. If Germany wants this city, they can try to take it."

"But.... some of you.... We think you're a little more loyal to Germany who left you poor and defenseless, compared to Don Montezuma who never abandoned you."
    "No.... no... Don't be worried, we're just uh going to take you shoe shopping for a bit."

"Turns out they're a size 12 in cement."

"Come with me barbarians! Join me and we can take this city, see!"
    [Arceus Christ that's alot of barbs.]

[I really need to change to the half off ancient and classical melee+ranged when I get a chance.]

-And thus did the eagle warriors swarm from the trees, the war cries billowing from the branches as they descended into the land that would soon be called, Capowned.-

29. - Top - End - #89

Show

"Yeah, see. We're at +4 combat strength now see."

"Real shame, the lords of China wouldn't agree to pay for protection would have been easier on everyone. It's been a long hard war, but uh there's a light at the end of the tunnel."

[Yes it'll be a three turn war when I take their cap next turn.]

"You're going to need alil more forces then that to step in this city, Germany."

30. - Top - End - #90

Show

[Sure I'm doing these alot, but I'm sure the spectator loves them.]

"Yeah, we're working on a granary see, to makea some pizza dough."

"We're going to talk to our artists, impress on them how important that they name the city properly."

"Yeah, we're building some uh, forticifactions, for the barbarians to the north."

"....... Okay, we got to take someone shoe shopping over this."
    (Also I know Ray is really going for a good petra, I'm seriously considering sniping it from them to prevent them from it.)

(We could get it started in 9 turns. We'll get the boost for currency next turn.]

"Yeah, we'll start with a system of voting, but Don here gets the veto."